PDA

View Full Version : *** Daily Wash Tueday 9th April 2013 ***

ollieowl
04-08-2013, 11:50 PM
hi all here thee go Annie I started it for You

1564 2 go

Henry wishing you good luck with your wife ((()))

HAWLTAIN :heart:2 all else

doppler
04-09-2013, 01:45 AM
Thank you Peter. :angel:

Henry, ((((())))) to Lesley .... And you :crossfingers:

BBL

Yorky
04-09-2013, 02:40 AM
Good morning all. Pretty dull here but still dry. 2C.

(((Henry and Lesley))) hoping things will turn out OK for Lesley.

There's a man coming to discuss wills this afternoon. Trying to get things in order, we are not getting any younger.

Doug

doppler
04-09-2013, 04:09 AM
Watched the news. Margaret Thatcher, ever an enigma, still divides the world.

Another death today. Annette foooo... Surfer singer chick. Great songs and voice. Gone be my childhood.

Someone will slap me soon and make me pronounce her Italian name, proper like.:thumbsup: And I speak the Queens English.:cool: Funicello comes to part of the mind long lost ? Black and white TV.

BBL later:rolleyes:

ScarletLake
04-09-2013, 04:24 AM
Hello:wave: :wave:

Well up as usual at 4AM. Not feeling good ---we must be on the verge of a weather change I've ached all day.

Son Josh had is teeth pulled yesterday. I hated to see him lost them but he will now have all that infection gone and should feel better.

Sad day yesterday with the news of Margaret Thatcher and Annette Funnicello (sp) passing away. I was always told I looked like her when I wore my mouse ears cap when I was younger. I had the dark curly hair. I still have my ears.

Glad their suffering if now over.

I think I will go get my hair cut and colored today. Getting way too much grey.

Well I'll give going back to bed another try.

Anita

shipbroker
04-09-2013, 04:44 AM
Morning all.

Firstly (((((((Lesley & Henry)))))))) Best of luck for today

Still breezy and cool here with just odd visits of the sun.

Good nights sleep again,hurray. Plans undecided.

geoff

doppler
04-09-2013, 04:46 AM
Anita, (((( )))). Your son will be sore :wave:

Annette was the black and white embodiment of FUN and other goodlie things.

Not sure MT was but she was a force in her time.

Rest in peace, history making ladies.

Island Nipper
04-09-2013, 04:56 AM
Hi all, 5.8 degs 17 knot ENE wind. grey, wet mist, sea very lumpy.

Back from Hospice, hope you are all well and those that are not be better soon. Will try to paint when stronger again.

Bye for now.

Yorky
04-09-2013, 05:01 AM
Hi Nipper, good to see you again. Thanks for the Inshore Waters report :)

Hope you are feeling better and can get your brushes out.

Doug

painterbear
04-09-2013, 05:10 AM
Good Morning all,
It is just past 5:00 a.m. here in sleeping Oakwood. A plane just flew overhead on its way to the Base, other than that it is quiet outside.

Went to my art class in shirt sleeves yesterday...no coat needed with 70°F/20°C weather. Daffodils are lifting their pretty faces everywhere I look these days. :D

Henry, Thinking of you and Leslie today. :grouphug:

Anita, Ouch, poor Josh and his wisdom teeth. Now the meds can help the infection get out of his system.

Hi Geoff/Nipper. Nice to see you again, hope you are feeling stronger soon. We missed you while you were at Hospice. :D

Doug, We had new wills drawn up a couple of months ago too. Good move to be prepared for the eventual necessity, eh. ;)

:wave: to Annie, Geoff, and all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

Scene Chaser
04-09-2013, 06:43 AM
Good Day All,
(((Henry))) so wishing a quick and complete recovery for
:grouphug: (((Leslie))):grouphug: .

Annette Funicello. I grew up with her as she is my age. Fond memories of her and others while watching the Mousketeers on TV. Was not a fan of her beach movies.

Nipper, good to hear from you. Glad you are back home with Nurse Beryl and a view of the sea.

We did our “will and trust” seven years ago but need to update.

Toast is needed with my coffee.
Bill

LynnM
04-09-2013, 07:32 AM
Good day all! Sun emerging here, rain finished for the moment, apparently more to come. Woke at 4:30 and couldn't get back, so have joined the night owls!

Hope all goes well for you and Lesley, Henry :grouphug:

Glad to see you back, Nipper, get those brushes wet!

That's no fun for your son, Anita, I know what that's like :eek: Hope he has a quick recovery.

Just crocus outside here, Sylvia, but I bought some Cancer Society daffodils on Friday, and they are showing their happy faces to me now, I am trying to sketch them.

:wave: JJ, Peter, Bill, Doug, Annie, Geoff!

Breakfast time, BBL

olliewood0702
04-09-2013, 08:30 AM
Happy Tuesday.

It's dull, gray, rainy and cool today. More of the same for the next few days.

I'm a bit tired this morning; we stayed up a little past our usual bedtime watching the basketball finals. Michigan lost.:(

Yesterday I was quite busy at work; lots of data entry. Today I'm thinking it'll be kind of slow but I could be wrong.

(((HENRY & WIFE)))) thinking of you and your wife and hoping her problem won't be anything serious.:heart:

WHOOHOO.....GEOFF (Nipper) so glad you are back from hospice and that you dropped in.:heart:

My new jacket that I ordered from JC PENNEY is sitting at our local post office. They tried to deliver it on Saturday(it must have been when I was walking on my treadmill) and it needed a signature so they just left a card and now we have to go to the post office to sign for it and pick it up.:confused: I've never had to sign for an order placed online before. We aren't home from 7:00am to 5:30pm on weekdays so it'll have to wait until Saturday.:rolleyes:

I see Daniel Smith has 20% off any order on their ad from today (sent to my email). I guess I'll have to place that order I've been going to do.:thumbsup:

I hope you all have a great day!:grouphug:

BBL:wave: :heart:

Uschi
04-09-2013, 08:46 AM
Good Morning!!

The first day without the nasty NORTH wind (yesterday) and slightly warmer temperature, what happens, a thunderstorm:rolleyes: The house actually shook:eek:

No sun here yet, expected though and temps of 13C:thumbsup: then temperature will drop. lots of rain and maybe snow:rolleyes:

Going for lunch with my friend and taking Ava for her swimming lesson in the early evening, not sure what I will do in the middle:)

((((((((((((Henry and Lesley)))))))))))

Char, sorry your mom still isn't feeling well.

Brian, CONGRATULATIONS to your daughter and her team!!!!

Lulu, almost there WOOHOOO!!!!!

Nipper Geoff, I bet you are glad to be back home and we are glad that you are back here with us. Happy painting!!

Lynn, yes, one lonely crocus blooming here too:) A week ago I bought myself a pot of Hyacinth, they are still blooming and smell beyond wonderful.

Anita, I hope your son isn't hurting too badly but without a doubt, no pain would be as bad as the actual toothache, he must be glad that it is done.

I updated my will about 6 months ago.

I need my breakfast. :wave: to Doug, Geoff, Sylvia, Bill, Annie, Peter and all yet to come!! :grouphug: to those of you not feeling well!!

Uschi

Strawberry Wine
04-09-2013, 09:04 AM
Morning Washers!

The morning started off with a bit of sun but it is now very overcast. It rained and then it poured for several hours yesterday and evening . We have very deep rice paddies today.

:grouphug: Lesley and Henry :grouphug: Hoping they can fix what is needed quickly and easily.

Geoff Nipper, glad you are back in your own abode and Nurse Beryl has had a bit of R&R. Looking forward to seeing a painting when you are stronger and ready to wet some brushes.

Uschi, Don't you think that it is too early for raking leaves off the grass and flower beds.? Our temperatures are supposed to plunge again next week. Lots of crocus are in bloom and yesterday I noticed my Jacob's Ladder has new leaves

Annie, Annette Funicello pronounced - foon - a (short a sound) cello (as in the instument. ) I was a MMC fan and my Grandma brought me back real mouse ears from Dinsneyland ( the original in California) when I was 7 or 8. Girlfriends and I did go to the movies to see some of the Beach and Bikini movies... but I remember not being very impressed.

Anita, with the strong antibiotics your son should heal fairly quickly as long as he follows the post op instructions as they are written. Will he or did they put in a partial plate?

Char, hope they can get your Mom sorted out soon and that the residence is able to lift the quarantine today. Send Ted upstairs to read when that show comes on. Claim you block of time in advance though. :D

Brian, congrats to your daughter and team. Quite the achievments ! and they most like had a great holiday as well.

Time to get something to eat... and fill my coffee cup.

BBL

cheers,

Gail

CharM
04-09-2013, 09:11 AM
Good morning... it's cloudy and cool... rain's on the way and my joints know it... I'll have Students filing in very shortly, so can't stay online very long... I needed to get some chores out of the way before turning on my computer and it never ceases to amaze me how quickly my time flies by!

It's good to see you back, Nipper... rest well and return to visit and paint!

:wave: All... cars rolling into the driveway...

shipbroker
04-09-2013, 09:52 AM
Aftenoon all.

Getting breezier by the minute but going put for an hour
of fly fishing shortly,dont think I will be out long as very cold.

Just been out for a tour of the Borders which ended with a large bowl of Scottish Mussels in white wine,onion,and garlic sauce served with a coarse sourdough bread..... excellent as was Eileens French Onion Soup.

geoff

LynnM
04-09-2013, 10:01 AM
Hyacinths are wonderful, Uschi, and I discovered these daffodils have perfume too! what a lovely surprise :) Not as strong as the hyacinth, though. You reminded me that I did hear the thunder, but was too wrapped up in the TV to remember it. Certainly heard the rain knocking at the window, though, it was heavy!

That's a pain, isn't it Darla, to have to go to pick up the delivery. Happened to me often in my old location, the Purolator depot was 20 miles away! Now it is just down the hill, so I don't mind if I miss them.

Gail you will be watching your garden come awake now, that's always a pleasure in the Spring.

JJ, meant to say, I enjoy Murdoch also, but the new series comes on now at the same time as New Tricks on TVO, so since I can always get the Murdoch episodes by going to the CBC website, I will watch them later. Hope you have/had a good day!

Char, I was thinking about your mum, and how hard it is to sort out those kinds of problems, hope they get a handle on it soon. Have a smooth day teaching :)

kaypainter
04-09-2013, 12:00 PM
Hold on to your hats!!! Gale force winds here. NOT Gail force. :D You aren't blowing them down from Canada are you? :eek:

Here's a view of the patio in my building. That round thing next to the tiled planter is the heavy base to hold the umbrella. :eek:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Apr-2013/130068-IMG_2012.jpeg

Don't know if you can tell how hard the wind is blowing from the palm fronds, but the littlest tree was blowing over so far it was beyond the tree in front of it (wasn't able to click the shutter fast enough to get that one).

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Apr-2013/130068-IMG_2014.jpeg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Apr-2013/130068-IMG_2015.jpeg

Sure makes the sky blue though, huh? Fire danger very high. They are already fighting one somewhere I heard on the news. I had to close all my windows as it was like a train going through. Blew so hard last night the spring tension rod holding my kitchen curtain was blown right off the wall. And it was cold. Had the heat on last night. You did send this from Canada didn't you? :(

These photos are for JJ. Remember the Bauhinia trees we saw when you were in Long Beach? I'd never seen the seed pods on them before. When they open the whole tree looks like it's covered in cotton balls. And I'm sure sinuses all over town are unhappy.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Apr-2013/130068-IMG_2011.jpeg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Apr-2013/130068-IMG_2010.jpeg

Was very naughty at the gem and jewelry show Sunday. Overspent my budget, but I saw some things I just got ideas for and had to buy them. Started some of them last night.

:grouphug: Henry and Lesley :grouphug: :crossfingers: for a quick resolution.

Char I hope they can figure out what's going on with your mom.

Uschi you are a proper whirling dervish.

Oh Darla that's so frustrating. The USPS and UPS people here seem to be able to leave the packages by my door, but FedEx always seems to be a problem. Now I have them deliver it to the 24 hr. FedEx Kinkos near me, so I can pick things up anytime -- especially with Esme's syringes.

Lynn that man's work is wonderful. And that cooperative sounds great. What a neat idea. Wish there was something like that here.

Oh by the way I have four pieces in

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Apr-2013/130068-ImageProxy.mvc.jpeg

Well now that I've taken up the entire wash, I think I better sign off for now. I know I've missed out some people. So BIG hugs and blue butterflies for those in need and :wave: :wave: to everyone.

Kay

LynnM
04-09-2013, 12:14 PM
Wild weather everywhere these days, Kay, glad there was no damage for you. Congratulations on your work in the show, of course they would take them! Haven't got the photo done yet of the dress I was wearing last Saturday, will post it when I do. In the meantime I am making another one, due next Wed, so must get to it.

ona
04-09-2013, 01:05 PM
just popping in to say hi. Wish i had time to pop in more often but there are never enough hours in the day. I just shipped a painting to Louisianna this morning and packed another to go off to TWSA in Kenosha tomorrow. The third one has just arrived in the great North Wet as Hap says :) I've also been masking the next two paintings I am going to do and am now waiting for the MF to dry.

My painting for the NWWS exhibition ' Baby on Board' has been featured on the publicity flyer. If you are in the North West it would be well worth a visit

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Apr-2013/131562-NWWS_flyer_1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Apr-2013/131562-NWWS_flyer_2.jpg

wow that sure looks windy Kay. Its peaceful here at the moment. You can keep the cold though :wink2:

((((hugs to all that need them))) and a special blue butterfly to Henry and lesley

I need to go pack another card order... this ones off to Indonesia :)

Ona

shipbroker
04-09-2013, 02:49 PM
Ona....lovely stuff as always

big blue butterfly mention takes
me back to Denis TOF.....long missed by many.

Do hope Lesley had a better day today.

Cold still slight drizzle still mo trout!!

geoff

ona
04-09-2013, 03:25 PM
big blue butterfly mention takes
me back to Denis TOF.....long missed by many.

geoff

yes, He liked the idea of a painting based on the idea of the butterfly effect that I painted when i first got sick and used the idea more than I do. I still think of him often and its lovely to know my portrait of him is now in the Canadian national collection of watercolours.

Uschi
04-09-2013, 04:02 PM
Good Afternoon!!

We did get a bit of sun and the temperature is nice, cardigan warmth. As predicted the sky has clouded over in anticipation of the expected rain.

Had a nice lunch, we went to the chinese buffet, filled my plate from the salad bar and after that didn't fancy anything else. They get away cheaply with me:lol:

Finally gave my car a thorough wash to get rid of all the salt residue, I don't do the drive through, give it a good scrub myself.

On the way home I dropped in on the newly opened Dollerama store (char, in the Zehr's placa). I went to look but ended up doing major shopping - toothpaste, Lysol spray, Sunlight dishliqwuid, showercap, Melita coffee filters, Aspirin (so I can chew one if I think I am having a heart attack LOL), baby shampoo (Paraben free, because I am allergic) etc., oh and one of those extendable long poles for doing outside windows, and the whole thing cost me $ 16.00!!:thumbsup:

They also had lovely 8 x 10" frames for small paintings.

Also sowed more grass seed in a few bald areas.

I am going to read for a bit, in an hour's time I am taking Ava swimming.

Ona :clap: :clap: I always keep track of you:evil: :D

Kay, how cute, fluff balls hanging from the tree, quite the wind:eek: Can't wait to see what you did with your new stone purchases!! Glad you are participating in the Exhibition!!

Gail, not too early, I do it at this time of the year every Spring, the perennials are tough:)

Geoff, nice lunch!!

O.K. I am off, :wave: Uschi

shipbroker
04-09-2013, 04:16 PM
Ona the painting is on my computer too.....

geoff

Flattwo
04-09-2013, 04:50 PM
Hi

Thanks to everyone for your kind concern.

I'm just back from the hospital, they gave Lesley a Doppler test, Ultrasound, taken bloods and chest X ray, CT scan tomorrow, no results yet, the pain management team have seen her, she was a bit drowsy this evening after getting Morphine, more news tomorrow.

Off to get some dinner!

Henry

Geoff, I enjoy fly fishing, do you ever use s spinning rod? my favourite and most successful lure is the Toby

shipbroker
04-09-2013, 05:59 PM
Hi Henry

Hope Lesley has a good night tonight.

Have not spun for years, when I lived in London I used to often spin for pike on the Hampstead Heath ponds using mock Tobys made out of old spoons as I could't afford to lose a Toby!!

geoff