PDA

View Full Version : Korean Nasties

watercolourfanatic
04-08-2013, 07:32 AM
Reading the recent thread on Mission Gold watercolours with great interest I decided to do some research for a possible blog post on Korean watercolours. I found the Mijello and Alpha sites quite easily and had a look at them for information on the watercolours. Nothing about pigments which I was mainly after. After I exited I then found that one or the other - I think it is the Alpha site - had put a band about 2 to 3 inches deep and 18 inches wide across on my desktop opening screen. It says `Company Infor' on the left hand side, the other area is multi coloured. I downloading nothing. I ran a full scan on my latest McAfee Internet Security package which found nothing! Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this annoyance?:eek: Be warned! I'm running Vista, have Chrome and IE9.

Keep away from these sites (and the watercolours!).

Peter:)

watercolourfanatic
04-08-2013, 07:46 AM
Got rid of it after various tries via the personalize button. Still annoyed though that it was put there in the first place.:evil:

charliez
04-08-2013, 09:19 AM
Try scaning your system with http://www.malwarebytes.org/ use the free edition and helps find hidden stuff like the one they added to your computer.

janinco
04-08-2013, 10:24 AM
For future reference, Malwarebytes is a great program. If that doesn't work I would also suggest doing a Disk Cleanup and then System Restore:
Turn Back the Time on Your PC (for Vista) (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/turn-back-time-on-your-pc-undo-system-changes-with-system-restore)

The Disk Cleanup program is in the same menu that they show under System Tools. Usually those malware programs are in the Temporary Files and that gets rid of them.

Jan

watercolourfanatic
04-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Thanks both although I've got rid of it - hopefully permanently!

M.L. Schaefer
04-08-2013, 11:15 AM
Before I got my new computer and the updated Norton, this sort of thing happened to me...annoying (at the very least), aggravating or worse thinking it may be malware! What I had to do is do a search for the names on my computer, if (usually when) they popped up, I would delete what had "magically" appeared in my computer.

It seems this paint brand is getting worser and worser!

:heart: Margarete

pookiecat
04-08-2013, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the warning.

Yorky
04-09-2013, 02:42 AM
Thanks for the heads up Peter.

Doug