04-08-2013, 01:08 AM
Morning Peter and all following.

Combination of pins and beedles in
my arm and the Dawn Chorus woke me.

May go fishing.

geoff

doppler
04-08-2013, 03:18 AM
Hi all. Thank goodness someone started first. Blue and should be attractive :rolleyes: ears are that are truly really atrractive ears are up for grabs.

Peter, I agree. BEAUTIFUL fuchsia.

Can't talk much now. Something has fallen down at our neighbours over the roads. Best be off to investigate/ help.

Yorky
04-08-2013, 03:33 AM
Good morning all, an overcast, bright morning and 3C here.

Wetcanvas is still working - just! Lots of things don't work properly and I have no access to the Admin functions so my work is limited. :rolleyes:

A quiet day in prospect.

Doug

doppler
04-08-2013, 03:40 AM
All's well over the road.

Geoff and Doug :wave:

laudesan
04-08-2013, 03:46 AM
Hey all.... Life is good.........

Turned out to be a gorgeous afternoon, and I had to go grocery shopping, cupboards were bare, so no bike ride. :crossfingers: it is fine tomorrow, I am getting withdrawal symptoms :D

Kay gorgeous pendant..:thumbsup:

Later.............:wave:

dlwilliams48
04-08-2013, 06:04 AM
Good morning all - we really had fantastic weather this weekend, and managed to fill it up with activities. First we went to the music/art/craft festival Saturday morning, and I played a one hour set of music. Then lunch and on to the local winery for a wine tasting. Sunday we went to the local library where they had a replica of the Viet Nam Memorial wall that DW wanted to see. I have seen the real one in Washington D.C. Finally, we wrapped up the weekend with a trip to the movies, and I worked on some WC sketches in preparation for the Church by the Hill "do over" ... and still managed to fit in an afternoon nap both days. :D Now we are looking forward to (hopefully) taking the camper out next weekend.

Ellen in Ont
04-08-2013, 06:57 AM
:wave: everyone,
It is grey and -8 here. It is supposed to warm up to 6 today with rain.:rolleyes: That will make the remaining snow (still waist deep in the yard) very wet and heavy. We had 8" of wet snow fall yesterday but it was perfect consistency for making snowmen (if you are interested in that). I haven't made one in many years but would have yesterday with Max if I didn't have to work. Nightshift tonight and tomorrow.

Not much else new here so I'll just wave and wish everyone a great start to their week.

shipbroker
04-08-2013, 06:59 AM
Now bright and windy but so cold expect penguins to be on field not buzzards and oyster catchers! So have not gone fishing yet but need some shopping in Galashiels first.

geoff

Lulu
04-08-2013, 07:07 AM
Hi everyone:wave:
A late night entry from my phone, had to take the laptop to town to have a couple of things done. Hopefully will get it back tomorrow.
went to the bank to tell them I would be away and where, don't want a cancelled card.

Better turn off my phone and snuggle down in the warmth. A :p for Uschi lol

Nite all!

Uschi
04-08-2013, 07:53 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

Temperature just above freezing, sun is shining, rain to come later in the day.

It's too cold, or too windy or too rainy to get started on the gardening so I painted instead. Playing table tennis in the afternoon today.

I thought that the TV show "Call the Midwife" was done because it had reached the end of the book. Saw it back on last Sunday, figured it was a rerun, then realized yesterday evening that they created a continuation:thumbsup: so I have preprogrammed to tape it, no more missed episodes for me:thumbsup:

I hope everyone has a nice day!!

:wave: Uschi

laudesan
04-08-2013, 07:56 AM
That will make the remaining snow (still waist deep in the yard) very wet and heavy. We had 8" of wet snow fall yesterday but it was perfect consistency for making snowmen (if you are interested in that)..I am! I am!:thumbsup: I still haven't made my own snowman.. sigh.........

I am watching TV Murdoch Mysteries. I do like this show!!:)

Scene Chaser
04-08-2013, 08:03 AM
Good Day All,
Still sunny this sunrise, but like Uschi says, it will rain later. 32F at present.

Ms. Feral has had her pets and then decided to explore the house a bit. She is getting more and more comfortable. But, she says "don't dare close that door."

Paper filing to do today, maybe some painting.
Bill

laudesan
04-08-2013, 08:20 AM
Ms. Feral has had her pets and then decided to explore the house a bit. She is getting more and more comfortable. But, she says "don't dare close that door.":thumbsup: :clap:

CharM
04-08-2013, 08:32 AM
Good morning! We also have a bit of sun shining to greet the day, but it will turn to clouds and rain later on... I'm ok with that... we all know that April showers bring May flowers... :p

Baroness Margaret Thatcher has passed away... not everyone agrees with her politics, for sure, but she was certainly a force to be reckoned with.

We spent the better part of yesterday at Emergent care with my Mother... she still isn't well, but no one can find the reason for it... her Residence is still in lockdown, so I'm not allowed beyond the entrance and cannot make regular checks... Her potassium levels were finally up, but her sodium levels are down...

Needless to say, it was a scramble to get through my chores in preparation for today's Classes... got it done though. So, today I just have to get the art stuff set up...

Uschi, I'm missing the episodes because Ted just doesn't like the show... :(

:wave: All... I hope you have a great day ahead of you. :heart:

LynnM
04-08-2013, 08:52 AM
:wave: Good day all! Still sunny here, maybe the rain will miss us :rolleyes: Was a glorious day yesterday! We had a nice drive to see the show, and he had a good turnout, great to see someone in mid life take on a new medium and succeed. Here's Ralph's website (http://ralphheather.yolasite.com/), he's developing into an excellent printmaker.

Thanks, Uschi, I'll try some more yellow in the leaves, but really I want to do it over again, and try to get closer to Kay's workshop, I want to work more directly. I caught the episode of Call the Midwife last night, really enjoying it. And Murder in Paradise on Saturday night....what would we do without British shows!!!

And I did see the Selfridge shows a couple of years ago, so have been watching Foyle on TVO instead, I hadn't seen the ones they are running now, or at least don't remember them.....some good things about fading memories, we get to enjoy things over again :lol:

Sounds like everyone has good things planned for today, I'm sewing (and maybe painting a bit). BBL!

:grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

olliewood0702
04-08-2013, 09:06 AM
Happy Monday morning here,

Yesterday afternoon the sun popped out right when Larry got home from work at 3:30pm. I told him thanks for bringing it.:D

So we enjoyed a bit of sun and it was shining this morning on my way into work but has since clouded over and we are expecting rain. We need some too.

The weekend flew by so quickly; but then they all do. And so here we are at the start of another work week.

Kay, that pendant in yesterday's wash is beautiful. Your jewelry is so modern and sleek...gorgeous.:thumbsup:

Bill, Ms Feral knows you love her and she feels safe; how sweet.

JJ, I hope tomorrow you will be able to go for a bike ride.:crossfingers:

Annie, blue is such a beautiful color; you wear it well.:evil:

Ellen, I've not built a snowman this winter at all. I should have but we really never got the packing snow.

Lynn, your tulip painting turned out GREAT! I'm still working on mine but will post to the thread when it's finished.

Waving to Peter, Geoff, Doug, Don, and Char; enjoy your day/aft/evening!

THe fushia pic was loveley; I cannot wait for the flowers to bloom here.

I hope you all have a most wonderful day whatever you may have planned. May things go well for you.

SMILE and HUG SOMEONE YOU LOVE,:grouphug:

BB:wave: :heart:

seedy
04-08-2013, 09:28 AM
Hi everyone....
A few months ago, I proudly boasted about my daughter, Laura, going to Australia to represent Canada at the Lawn Bowling World Championships held in Adelade....the finished with a bronze which gave the Canadians 2 silvers and a bronze....best yet.
Well, they went to Hong Kong to an Invitational Meet called Tiger Bowls....they took home the gold...
Impressed, Doug?....;-)
My girl is the one in the red cap with a smirk on her face.....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Apr-2013/21167-Gold_WC.jpg

Yorky
04-08-2013, 09:56 AM
Very impressed Brian, the Aussies are tough competitors.

Doug

JudyL
04-08-2013, 10:31 AM
Morning :music:
Kids have come and now on the road, the Boy has recovered from the Disney trip. Lauren got to drive the truck, she is very close to getting her licence,:eek:

CharM, you could always record the show and watch it when he's out and about.

Sad to hear about Margaret Thatcher, but 87 is quite an age.

BBL

Yorky
04-08-2013, 10:50 AM
Sad to hear about Margaret Thatcher, but 87 is quite an age.

Yes, quite a lady! She had more courage than most men.

Doug

StewGold
04-08-2013, 10:56 AM
To Geoff, if you're heading to Ayrshire, Royal Troon Golf Course is in great nick, Altonhill in Kilmarnock looks pretty good, but Barassie has turned rather black as there's been no rain for 6 weeks and the sandy soil is parched. Wasn't playing, I have to go to Ingeus every so often, and the train to Ayr runs past all three. Waved to the airport at Prestwick, had an extremely good, proper firm yeasty doughnut from the Polish deli and a fast turnaround; so no visiting the art shop; which is just not right. And I'll sign you a fishing permit for my bit of the river round the house, all 150 yards of it, with no fish, but plenty opportunity for some weeding.

all the best, Leslie

shipbroker
04-08-2013, 11:52 AM
High winds still and very cool,weather not conducive to fly fishing for trout on the River Tweed which is only 100ft behind us

However, have managed to play auto-electrician and rewired the flush system in the caravan toilet And get the TV aerial boosted to receive more channels.

geoff

Europa
04-08-2013, 11:54 AM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!

Popping in.....busy day today - sorting out new direct debits and informing companies of new bank details so lots of letters to write (well type).

Lovely day here in downtown Wigan - blues skies but a bit of a cold wind blowing - oh well at least it isn't snowing or raining. :thumbsup:

Not sad to hear about Margaret Thatcher!!!!

Brian - great pic - many congrats to your daughter. :thumbsup:

Well better get on with these letters.

Waving to everyone :wave:

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

shipbroker
04-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Gee thanks Leslie!

The Tweed at Melrose is only 6.50 A year for pensioners si if I din't go I have not lost much....

geoff

wcartistsr
04-08-2013, 01:31 PM
Good Day. Raining out a lot now. Been out before it started, but have a dinner to go to tonight, so hope it eases off. I guess we could use it.

Had a fine week with our GD on spring break. Also we all went out for lunch with her and mom and dad.

Char-Hope you can find out what is not quite right with your mom so your mind can rest easier.
Bill-Glad Ms Feral is getting a bit braver. Maybe eventually she will feel safe inside. Old fears are hard to break.
Sylvia-Glad you are feeling fit again. Pretty soon you can plant those seeds. I am looking forward to the Farmer's Market opening up again. Yum.
Brian-Congratulations to your daughter and her teammates on their win! They all look pretty pleased. Your pride is well placed.

Off to have a bit of a rest and read my book. Have been looking through my photos this am and applying keywords to my florals, so I can bring all the roses, for example, up at once. It gives me good reference material for painting. I use a program call Thumbs Plus.

Shirley

shipbroker
04-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Brian nice picture,well done all.

Wind dropped but still very cold so good night all

geoff

Uschi
04-08-2013, 06:36 PM
The rain arrived at 3:30 p.m.:)

Before then it was sunny and I managed to get 2 hours of gardening in and collect 5 bags of leaves and sticks from my front garden. I am glad that is done.

My back was killing me, I wasn't going to play table tennis but one of the 12 hour Aleve boosters must have kicked in because I went and enjoyed myself.

Had an invitation for supper at the kids but came home too late and missed out:) So I'll have to find something to eat in my freezer.

:wave: Uschi

Flattwo
04-08-2013, 06:43 PM
Hi to All

Pat, I agree with you, I can only be honest and say I had no respect for that woman

Well I'm just back from the Hospital, my wife was admitted earlier suffering severe lower pain in the abdomen where they found a lump, plus her right leg has swollen to twice its normal size and gone bright red, they gave her a blood thinning injection. CT Scans tomorrow and other tests

Speak Later

Henry

Wind Song
04-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Henry wishing you good luck with your wife((()))

Yorky
04-08-2013, 07:07 PM
(((Henry))) it must be a worry. I hope that it is simply a clot and that the medication will deal with it.

Doug

LynnM
04-08-2013, 07:50 PM
(((Henry and Lesley))) sorry to hear that.

Brian, quite an accomplishment for your daughter and her team!

CharM
04-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Good evening! Matt joined us for supper tonight... we knew he was coming, so bought some big sausages to grill... with a salad, potato coins and sliced tomatoes, it was nice. We sent him home with more *stuff*... :)

I spoke with Mother late this afternoon and she feels a little better... if no new Norwalk cases occur today, they'll be able to open up the Residence in a couple of days. Of course, she's going to have to see her Dr. because of the sodium deficiency...

Congratulations to your Daughter, Brian! That's quite an accomplishment to be proud of!

Shirley, how wonderful that your Granddaughter was able to spend Spring break with you! Thanks for asking about my Mother.

Henry, I'm so sorry to read that your wife is having such a bad time of it... You must be worried sick! :(

It rained here this afternoon, Uschi, so nothing was done in the yard... there's lots of time yet... actually, the damp air and wind was kind of raw and miserable.

I'm a little tired tonight and just going to put my feet up and veg out in front of the tv... Good morning/good night to All!

FLNH
04-08-2013, 10:32 PM
(((((Henry and Leslie))))

laudesan
04-08-2013, 10:53 PM
We spent the better part of yesterday at Emergent care with my Mother... she still isn't well, but no one can find the reason for it... her Residence is still in lockdown, so I'm not allowed beyond the entrance and cannot make regular checks... Her potassium levels were finally up, but her sodium levels are down... :grouphug:

Lynn, your printmaker's work is awesome..

Glad you got see have a bit of sunshine Darla..:heart:

Brian, that is absolutely awesome. Go your daughter.:thumbsup:

:grouphug: Henry & Lesley :grouphug: Blasting healing vibes..

Lulu
04-08-2013, 11:48 PM
(((((Henry and Leslie))))
Ditto from me too :heart: