PDA

View Full Version : *** Daily Wash Saturday 6th April 2013 ***

Yorky
04-06-2013, 03:12 AM
Wot no wash????

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Apr-2013/1046-Wot.jpg

A lovely sunny morning here but still hovering around 1C :rolleyes:

Not many new posts on wetcanvas this morning. They have been tinkering with the software and some things just don't work.

Doug

Lulu
04-06-2013, 03:18 AM
Hi Doug, we are just in from church.
Love that little cartoon!!

It is chilly here! 12C just now at 8.30 pm. I put on a long merino sweater to go out tonight - first time since December that I've needed one, bit of a shock!! Oh well, only another week of it, then another few weeks of desert heat :thumbsup:
Much to do still! I have lists of lists lol

The end of daylight saving time tonight, will get an extra hour in bed.:clap:

doppler
04-06-2013, 03:33 AM
Good evening all.

Nondescript grey day today. Did some housework, rather nondescriptly and no one apart from the cats noticed. They only noticed because both HATE Mr Dyson. It does has the reputation of being able to suck up cat hairs with a minimum of fuss.:clear: Once they had forgiven me and come back inside, aided by a cold rainshower, all was well.

Bo went out again. He is still out in the dusk. And it is going to rain again. He knows the side of bread that has the butter, so I am not crawling under water tanks again.

BBL

Doris345
04-06-2013, 05:55 AM
Good morning washers.

Doug, I thought 'Chad' was long forgotten in the UK. I think our American Kilroy is also almost completely gone from peoples hearts and minds.

Annie, I loved your phrase "cat-shattering thunderstorm" - perfect description.

Hi Lulu.

((Sylvia)) Hope you are on the mend.

Henry, I had a good chuckle at your short-legged Haggis. (I liked Haggis when I was in Scotland a few years ago.)

Still dark here, but it's supposed to be a nice day - and warm! Let us hope so. I need to help a friend with her marketing and local chores this afternoon - she is just home from the Rehab Hospital after getting a hip replacement. She lives in a beautiful old brownstone - but with lots of stairs that are still difficult for her to manage. Other than that, I will be having a nice laid-back day.

BBL
Doris

Yorky
04-06-2013, 06:43 AM
Doris, I remember Chad, but I'm old :lol:

You are such a good friend to go shopping and carry it up the stairs for your friend.

Doug

Ellen in Ont
04-06-2013, 07:11 AM
:wave: everyone,
It is still very cold here but supposed to be warming up to seasonal temps after today. That means highs just above freezing. :rolleyes: Winter still has a tight grip here.

I have been working on my "to do" list every day and gradually crossing things off. Funny how it keeps growing at the bottom though. I spent hours on my big computer yesterday trying to figure out why it has been extremely slow and crashing for months. I have hardly been using it (thank goodness for the iPad). I discovered I had two antivirus programs in it that were not getting along. I deleted one and now things seem to be back to normal.

Today I need to send out the taxes, update the handouts for the workshop at the end of the month, clean the print heads on my art printer because I have a request for a couple of prints, run some errands (almost no food in the fridge), and of course tidy the house, do laundry etc. There always seems to be lots of time to get everything done when I look at the list every morning but looking back at the end of the day time has flown by and many things are not done. Don't think I am just working all day. I have learned to take breaks, have a coffee, read a little etc. but I think I'm just moving slower as I get older. ;) :D

Lulu - you will be complaining of the heat soon now. I bet you can't wait to see them all again.

Good morning Doug, Doris, Annie, and all who follow.

My coffee is getting cold as I type so I better drink it while checking emails. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

laudesan
04-06-2013, 07:18 AM
:wave: Just walked in the door from a fun and yummy dinner/supper out. Tania, Bevan, Mandy her husband Russell, Alan and I went to the Springwood Hotel for their smorgasbord supper. The food was so very good.. Adults paid 28.50 seniors 12.50. I didn't hesitate to show my seniors card :D

Hugs everyone, be back later.........................

Scene Chaser
04-06-2013, 07:25 AM
Good Day All,

Is that you peaking over the page, Doug? :)

Lulu, the weather coming back from the desert will be a shock, but well worth it.

Annie, cat shattering storm :lol:

Hi Doris, I can't imagine living alone after having a hip replacement. She's lucky to have you for a friend.

Ellen, do you efile taxes. This was the first year I did. So easy.

JJ, I love a good smorgasbord, buffet or carvery as they call it in the UK.

I'm thrilled to have been able to check out a book from the local library by using my Kindle. So much easier than travelling there. I've even been able to reserve a couple more. What a great tool!

Rain this afternoon. I'll work in the garage, cleaning.

Ms Feral demanding to come in for pets.

Bill

laudesan
04-06-2013, 07:36 AM
Gosh Pat. I have just read your post in yesterdays wash about the bank. I am so sorry you are having all this stress. Banks just don't seem to care about the small business's anymore. It is bad here too, with so many business shutting down every day. I think it is criminal, the banks make such a humongous profit, and if a business is bringing in money. then they should be helping them, not shutting them down..

Bill, I am so full, my belly is protruding.. :D I usually eat small amounts and often, I am not accustomed to eating a big meal anymore, but the food was sooooooo good. I even had a small serve of apply crumble and icecream.. oh-oh :D

Europa
04-06-2013, 07:51 AM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!!

Popping in before I get Mum up.....nothing planned for today....may paint but am expecting a visit from Jamie.

JJ - you are so right about the banks....am just glad I got the money out before tbey shut the account.....they can't do anything about it now...:lol:

LUGGLES

Pat xxxx

CharM
04-06-2013, 09:22 AM
Hiya Washer Buds! It's coldish and grey here in the SW of Ontario this morning... It promises to be cloudy all day. The brilliant naphthol red cardinals and cheerful cobalt blue jays are brightening up our feeder station... thank goodness for them.

I never did get here to visit yesterday and have just read that Wash... ((Pat)), I keep hoping that things will turn around for you as I feel you carry a huge amount of stress around with you... :heart:

Our truck was back in the shop yesterday to the tune of almost $300... we think it's FINALLY running properly... Garbage off to the Transfer station was a big deal because we missed it during Easter week. Then, we took off for a quick road trip to London... Lee Valley Tools, Guthrie framing, Curry's Art and Costco... we didn't spend a lot, but needed a few little things here and there. At Guthrie's I bought a black floater frame for my Grey Fox. He looks pretty nice all dressed up.

Today, I want to make a run to Michael's. I have two small circle punches and want to buy one more. That way, I'll have three different sizes so I can create some colour wheel templates. Then, when I come home, I'll whip up my templates! :) These are so useful when I'm teaching colour theory as it's easier for my Students to trace around the holes.

Doris, I'm sure your friend will appreciate that kindness... stairs are a challenge.

Ellen, did I tell you that I gave mine up? I couldn't even sell it! You know you work too hard when you have to explain that you do take breaks... :rolleyes: :p

Sylvia and Gail, our garlic is growing like weeds! It looks so nice and all the cloves we planted are thriving.

:wave: All... I'm going to get a second cup of coffee and then get on with my day...

LynnM
04-06-2013, 09:47 AM
:wave: Good day all! lovely sun here, supposed to really feel like Spring out there. That's great, we have a fashion show today, I represent 1790 today, there are 30 costumes in the show, some people do two, but I just have one today. We are there to help them celebrate the 150th anniversary of a small town church, and we are hoping we get to participate in the high tea they are having :)

WC was much faster for me this morning, Doug, maybe they did fix something.

Good that you got the truck sorted out, Char, so annoying when things go on like that. I got what I needed at Curry's too, managed to limit myself to exchanging the pastel that was a duplicate and buying one other.....felt very virtuous!

I love those buffets too, JJ, so great to have all that choice, and you didn't have to cook it!! That's a great reduction for seniors, too. Here we don't get so much accommodation, if any.

Hi Doris, Annie, Ellen, Lulu, Bill, Pat! and all to come, have a rewarding rest of the day!

:grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

Yorky
04-06-2013, 09:59 AM
WC was much faster for me this morning, Doug, maybe they did fix something.
A lo of wetcanvas facilities such as the top line menus, clicking member's names to get their profile, thread tools etc are just not working as they should,

Doug

Flattwo
04-06-2013, 10:10 AM
Hi to All

Caryl, the chair must be doing some good, Lesley has fallen asleep on it just now!

I like a buffet, if I get there first! I like cold sausage rolls

Doris, I like vegetarian haggis

Bill, have you ever tried Bovril?

I never have the time to read, or maybe I'm too impatient to sit for a while

(Pat) take care

Henry

Strawberry Wine
04-06-2013, 10:45 AM
Morning Washers !

Quick pop in from me. I need to do a bit of a vacuum and then hang out the first load of wash on the line. We have blue skies and it is starting to warm a bit. Nancy will be up around 1:00 p.m. and she wants to paint for a bit and then later in the afternoon her son DIL and baby Lochlan may pop in as they are in the neighbourhood for part of the afternoon. But they are visiting friends and want to be up north before dark, so dropping in here is iffy.

Sylvia, hope you are feeling better today. If not, put yourself on 24 hours of fluids only. No dairy. Then slowly add solids over the next 24 hours with dairy being the last to introduce. I

I went to the back of the garden yesterday afternoon and some of the garlic has poked through the mulch.... I will leave the mulch undisturbed for the next couple of weeks though.

Char, thanks for the photo of your growinng garlic. They look a little bit close together but it may be the angle of the camera. Did Ted remember to plant them at least 6 inches apart and rows about 8 - 10 inches apart to ensure growing larger bulbs. Hope the car repair visits have come to an end.

Henry, I love sausage rolls. I always bake extra and hide some away in the refrigerator for me - cold the next morning for breakfast..

Lynn and JJ, I love buffets or pot luck parties. A little taste of everything fills my plate.

Ellen, slowing down is inevitable and especially for you as you are still working shifts and never get enough sleep when you are on nights. Plus you might just take on too much . :rolleyes:

Pat :grouphug:

Laundry is almost done so I will :wave: to all

BBL

Cheers,

Gail

olliewood0702
04-06-2013, 11:21 AM
I'm late getting in here this morning.

I'm heading downstairs to do my walk on my treadmill in a few.

Larry is working, I have laundry going.

I went to bed late as the girls and I watched 'Les Miserables" and it got over late then they wanted to go home so I ran them home and came home and went to bed.

When Larry gets out at 3pm he'll come home, shower then we are taking the girls to Novi, to the mall there and then to IKEA.:thumbsup: We'll eat somewhere too. We usually do something with them during Spring Break. Kelsea just got home form Chicago last evening.

(((PAT))) I'm so sorry you have been going through so much stress and trouble with the bank. I hope you are done dealing with that particular one now.:heart:

I hope you all have a rather enjoyable Saturday!

BBL:wave: :heart:

kaypainter
04-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Well finally! I couldn't get in here for three days. Not because of WC but because of my DSL. It had been running like molasses for awhile then completely jammed up. So I finally called AT&T. They gave me a song and dance about my filter going bad, and did I do this and then that and oh by the way I should try U-Verse, did I want to talk to someone about that? When I said no the woman said, "Well you know, eventually we won't be using broadband at all. We are going over completely to cable modem." I said I had to think about it and got off the phone. Funnily enough after that my DSL has been working just fine! :rolleyes:

The other day I did something completely decadent. Ralphs (Krogers) sent me a bunch of coupons for being a good customer. :D One was for a free bag of Lays or Ruffles potato chips (crisps), so I picked out a bag of sour cream and onion. I had potato chips for dinner. :thumbsup: :lol: Then for breakfast the next day I had something I don't think I've had since I was a kid. I made soft boiled eggs with potato chips crumbled in them. When I was a kid the only way my mother could get me to eat soft boiled eggs was to do that. I felt like a nine year old. It was fun. And now -- back to reality.

Henry I'm glad the chair seems to be helping. :crossfingers: for the CT scan showing something.

Bill I would think with their diet squirrels would have a nutty taste. :lol: I'd probably try it if I was only told afterward.

Doris how on earth is your friend going to manage those stairs later? :eek: What floor is she on?

(((((Pat))))) That kind of stuff is the reason I haven't had a bank account in 15 years. I belong to two credit unions, both of which are coops, so I am a member/owner. GGGgggrrrrrr.

Darla so sad about Jen's former boss. Have fun at Ikea. Have you ever eaten there?

Lynn -- pictures? Sounds lovely.

JJ what a great gift for Elise. Can't believe the rigged contest. Glad you had fun eating out. Hope you don't suffer any consequences.

Doug is Chad the same sort of thing as Kilroy was here? Does that date me? :eek:

Loved your portrait Lulu. Not long now!

Tony that was a lovely painting. Thanks Doug for the help finding it.

:lol: :lol: Annie My cats have a singular dislike for Mr. Hoover. Can't imagine they'd like Mr. Dyson any better.

Char your cardinals and jays sound lovely.

A little harbinger of spring from me. Bought these at Trader Joes. They only lasted two days, but photos are longer lasting:
In the midst of all my jewelry making.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Apr-2013/130068-Daffs_1.jpeg
Up close and personal.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Apr-2013/130068-Daffs_2.jpeg

And now I shall say Happy Spring!!! Enjoy your day.

And HAWLTAIN

Kay
P.S. -- Now the Fonts, Sizes and Colors don't work when you are typing a reply!

Yorky
04-06-2013, 12:55 PM
We're having lots of problems with the site today Kay. Lovely Daffodils.

Colours etc are working in my Chrome browser.

Doug

JudyL
04-06-2013, 01:21 PM
Oh Pat what a bother! Our pet restaurant owner had MASSIVE problems with that bank and switched, also had to stop accepting credit cards. They were charging massive amounts to use them, not a big problem in K'boro, lots of banks with Hole in the Wall within walking distance. So Sorry you had to go through that.

I have to go out and buy a new toaster, our 1 year old B&D toaster/oven died, well half died, top won't heat. We decided we don't NEED a T/O so will go to WallyWorld and buy a simple slot type after my shower.

Hope all are well

Flattwo
04-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Hi

I just had the best ever home delivery Indian meal, delicious!

Judy, Wallyworld sounds like an interesting store, with you having lived in the UK you will know what a Wally is :lol:

Speak later

Henry

Scene Chaser
04-06-2013, 03:52 PM
Henry, I'll have to check out Bovril when I get to Ireland. It's not sold here. Is this how it's made? Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDlMLqdvHzI)

Sylvia, hope you get well soon.

Bill

JudyL
04-06-2013, 03:59 PM
Henry, "Wallyworld" is a cute name for Walmart, and over in the UK they own ASDA. However I got the toaster from Kohls, they had a sale :clap:

Bovril :eek: don't like it

kaypainter
04-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Doug I tried it with Firefox instead of Safari, but that didn't work either. I just don't want to keep installing more browsers. Two is more than I can cope with. :(

Kay

Flattwo
04-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Bill, exactly how its done :lol:

Judy, did not know that they owned Asda, my favourite store is Waitrose followed by Sainsburys :thumbsup:

Henry

Ellen in Ont
04-06-2013, 05:42 PM
Bill - you don't have to go that far for Bovril. We sell it here in Canada.:D

My taxes are finished and filed. :clap: And yes Bill, I do e-file. It's just a little more complicated for me because the government wants me to file as a business (for my art). My art business actually made a profit of $43. :lol: at least it pays for itself. :thumbsup:

I have supper in the oven and then I am going to veg in front of the TV. Day shift tomorrow.

shipbroker
04-06-2013, 06:24 PM
After ultra cold night when all froze we gad nice day and good rugby.

Tonight we entertained three friends for a roast pork dinner all went well

geoff

laudesan
04-06-2013, 08:16 PM
I slept well last night, and feel ok this morning. Sun is shining...

Judy, Wallyworld sounds like an interesting store, with you having lived in the UK you will know what a Wally is :lol:Same as what it is here. :lol:

Bovril make a great gravy base.

Lulu
04-06-2013, 08:39 PM
Same as what it is here. :lol:

Bovril make a great gravy base.

And here too!
Yes, I have Bovril in the pantry cupboard too.

Gorgeous day here too, just sorting inside then going out to garden and mow the lawn.