PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Wednesday 3rd April 2012**

shipbroker
04-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Good Morning all.

I'm back on eearly awakening shift,again!

Off out at 7am to hopefully get brakes fixed so we can go away tomorow.

Back later

geoff

JudyL
04-02-2013, 10:52 PM
Hey, kids spending the night, DGD is a bit down hope she is not coming down with something, Prom night is Saturday :eek: She is going to bed early tonite.

Lulu
04-02-2013, 11:40 PM
Saily wash??? you are up early Geoff;) :D

Hi Judy.

Home from town, had a funeral to go to at 1 pm of a man in his 100th year! He and his wife had been married for 72 years. Was a large funeral, considering they didn't have any children. A much loved and respected gentleman.

Uschi, love the licorice allsorts! makes me hungry - they are so moreish though that if I have one I will have to have another! lol

Lynn/LC, how nice that you are enjoying the photo of our boy...when we came home this afternoon he wasn't so popular though, has had a bird in the house!
I will try to touch base when we are away, but I tend to take a holiday from the internet too, apart from family.

shipbroker
04-03-2013, 01:59 AM
Sori Lulu...........can't see too well at that hour!

geoff

doppler
04-03-2013, 02:57 AM
All good sailing Geoff, unless it means you are sleepless again?

Hi Lulu and Judy :wave:

We are sitting on the verandah at present with the tail end of a sharp, loud and totally cat scattering thunderstorm. It is cool enough for a cardigan too. There have been some brilliant strikes followed by almost simultaneous earshattering thunder.

I'll peel the cats off the wallpaper later :lol:

We are good :thumbsup: :wave:

Yorky
04-03-2013, 03:14 AM
Good morning all from sunny but chilly West Lancashire.

Thought you were afloat this morning Geoff :D

99 is a good age Lulu.

Ruth has a doctor's appointment at 9 am so we'll be off in half an hour.

Theatre this afternoon to see "The Mousetrap" at Liverpool Empire.

Doug

laudesan
04-03-2013, 03:20 AM
Hey :wave:

Elise's 12th Birthday today. :thumbsup:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Apr-2013/22284-Elise_12th_Birthday_a.jpg
She is one very happy girl!!

Later.............

Yorky
04-03-2013, 03:27 AM
You are a very proud grand mum and she is a very lucky girl. Prhaps you should insure the camera.

Doug

Lulu
04-03-2013, 05:07 AM
Hi Doug, yes 99 is a good age.

Happy birthday to Elise! wow, lucky girl, what an amazing present for a 12 year old!

Just heard from the family - they took a balloon flight first thing this morning over the fairy chimneys in Cappadocia, Turkey, along with 90 other balloons in the sky! :eek:
The fairy chimneys were one of our highlights when we visited Turkey in 2007.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Apr-2013/1118-DSCF0267Ta.jpg

Yorky
04-03-2013, 05:08 AM
A unique place Lulu.

Doug

Lulu
04-03-2013, 05:14 AM
Yes, very unique Doug. It's just like out of a children's fairytale book.

Off to bed now, gym in the morning. :wave:

laudesan
04-03-2013, 07:15 AM
Doug, Lulu, she was so excited to receive the camera, as she is really into photography.. The look on her face when she opened the box was worth it..:)

olliewood0702
04-03-2013, 08:19 AM
HAppy HUMP Day all,

It's a gloriously sunny morning, lots of blue sky; I haven't heard if it's hear all day or not. A bit warmer is predicted though.:thumbsup:

JJ, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO ELISE! What a wonderful gift and her expression is one of a very proud girl.

LuLu, those fairy chimneys are amazing. I've never heard of them; even though my boss is from Istanbul and visits every year. Do people live in them or are they just a tourist thing?

Judy, I hope your GD will feel well this morning and it's nothing serious. It'd be a shame if she missed her Prom.:confused:

Doug, sounds like you and Ruth have a busy day...enjoy!

Annie, I'm actually looking forward to a few thunderstorms, it's quite dry here and we could use some warm rain.

Geoff, I hope you got your brakes fixed and will be able to go away.:crossfingers:

I hope you all make it a GRAND DAY!

BBL:wave: :heart:

LynnM
04-03-2013, 08:33 AM
:wave: Good day all! lovely sun here too, Darla, hope it does warm up, I need to shop later. Quick visit right now, stuff to do the morning. BBL.....

PS. Lovely photo, JJ, she will do well with it I am sure. I got my first camera at 12.....Kodak brownie!

CharM
04-03-2013, 09:06 AM
Good morning from a very sunny and cold SW Ontario... Spring is trying its best to move in... I can't stay online too much longer as I have an appointment this morning before heading to my Workshop Class this afternoon.

I finished my endangered Spotted Turtle yesterday and will post him in the LZ thread tomorrow. I know I'm late, but better late than never.

Happy Hump Day to you Darla!

JJ, Belated Birthday Wishes to Elise... a budding photographer!

LuLu, I'd LOVE to live in those chimneys! Fairyland, indeed!

Judy, I hope your Granddaughter isn't coming down with anything that will keep her from her Prom!

Doug, you and Ruth certainly have a full day...

Annie, like Darla, I'm also looking forward to a few thunderstorms... the Great Lakes are historically at their lowest levels... :(

Geoff, I hope those brakes got fixed and didn't cost you an arm and a leg!

:wave: Lynn!

I'd better shut this computer down and get a move on... I hope your day is the very best possible!

laudesan
04-03-2013, 09:27 AM
Oh my is my heart pumping.

This spider, chased into the lounge room by guinevere, set upon me and chased me around the lounge, dining room, kitchen, until I was perspiring and heart pounding with fear. I don't know if he is poisonous or not, hence my fear, and he is big!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Apr-2013/22284-Big_spider_2.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Apr-2013/22284-Big_spider_1.jpg

I should have known guinevere had something, she was running. She is 18 years old, she doesn't run, unless she is chasing something exciting to her. She might be deaf, but man her eyesight is still good. She got sick of it, when it ran into the kitchen. This is after a good 10 minutes of chasing it, it chasing me. :eek:

I finally got up the courage, to put a container over it on the cupboard and drop it to the floor. :eek: Heart pumping like mad.. Well if I hadn't, I wouldn't sleep tonight..

Phew!! Now lets hope, it doesn't move that darn container, before I can get someone, anyone, to come get rid of it.....

I could do with a scotch!!!!!

Europa
04-03-2013, 09:44 AM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!

Mum isn't too good today - I have made her stay in bed - the trembling in her hand is back again (she has so far twice dropped her water cup) - she woke me up at 6am struggling to get off the bed. Have been awake since and trying not to doze off. I think maybe a full days rest will help - she seems to be improving and more alert every time I go to see to her.

OMG JJ - I would have freaked out on the spot seeing that spider.

Happy Birthday to Elise - look forward to seeing some of her photos.

Lulu - those chimneys look fascinating - very fairy like.

Oh SWMBO calls - gotta go.

Waving to everyone :wave:

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

Ellen in Ont
04-03-2013, 09:56 AM
:wave: everyone,
It will be another long day of working on the taxes again.:rolleyes: I need to get them done to be able to concentrate on a few other projects like preparing for a workshop I have to teach in a few weeks.

The windchill is -23 this morning and the snow is still waist deep in the yard. It will be a long time before anything pokes up in the garden. I hope birds don't fly back any time soon because they wouldn't survive. :( At least the heating is repaired and it is warm inside again.

My sister is learning how to paint silk scarves and will be giving a workshop in June. I want to give that a try. I think they would be a good seller at Xmas sales. I also want to try painting Xmas ornaments. Never enough time for everything I want to do. :D

JJ - that is one scary spider! I am so happy there is nothing poisonous up here (or spiders that big).

I better get off my iPad and get back to taxes. When Brian gets back from the dentist we are running a couple of errands. We need to find some water shoes for the trip. Take care and get those brushes wet.

Scene Chaser
04-03-2013, 10:13 AM
((Winnie))

JJ, is it one of these?
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Apr-2013/83119-Austrailian_spiders.jpg

If so, look it up to see if it is poisonous.
Bill

GramPat
04-03-2013, 10:38 AM
Man JJ! You grow them big over there! Hope you put something heavy on the container so it stays put. Wouldn't want to run into it again. Hope your heart is working normally again.
Pat

olliewood0702
04-03-2013, 11:09 AM
JJ....OMG...:eek: :eek: :eek: (shiver) I would be TERRIFIED if I saw that thing...and chasing me at that! I sure hope he cannot move the container that is on him. I bet he's poisonous too.:confused: I'd be :clear: all day and night after that. He looks hairy; maybe a wolf spider as I know they grow LARGE.

Aww Pat, poor Winnie, I sure do hope she continues to improve.:heart:

I've just ate my fresh pineapple that I sliced up last evening...delicious.

I've been pricing a Lamy fountain pen. I dont' know if I should go for it but I know Doug and several of you have one and love it. I'm sure it's worth the money. At least that is what I keep telling myself. :lol: :D I always could order it and have it delivered here at work...to keep it my little secret.:evil: I've been looking at many different sites and one wants $24.95 to deliver it! NOT!

Flattwo
04-03-2013, 11:37 AM
Hi to All

A beautiful sunny day here!

Good luck with the brakes Geoff

More painting today

JJ, that is an awesome spider!

I did not know that you could do this with our British coinage, neat!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Apr-2013/3457-223475_4462401082801_768481273_n1.jpg

Speak Later

shipbroker
04-03-2013, 11:38 AM
What do you serve the Spider with JJ.....wholemeal bread and a Whichetty grub on the side..one of those chocolate ones perhaps??

Brilliant day here weatherwise, really warm if not in shade........took 4 hours for brakes to be fixed, booked in for 30 minutes...........but they didn't charge me for the labour and brought me a sandwhich at lunchtime....

geoff

WthrLady
04-03-2013, 02:12 PM
ewwwwwwww spiders.........
yummm bread!:clap: almond bread plus 2T mini chocolate chips
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Apr-2013/385681-20130403_121540.jpg

shipbroker
04-03-2013, 02:20 PM
....just had my first Chinese meal of the year...lovely.

geoff

NancyR
04-03-2013, 02:45 PM
JJ, that spider is huge and bold. It was chasing you because the cat gave up.

Temperatures dropped again after cold front blew through. This is my first full day back at work. I ended up with an allergy attack that would not quit. I ran into work yesterday morning to handle 3 things, and then went back home. I was so sick, I could not get up the energy to go buy an iPhone.

Pat, hope your mother is doing better.

Anita, I am glad that you were able to find time for yourself on Easter.

Lulu, I can only imagine how excited you are about your trip.

I guess I have to get back to work.:angel:

JudyL
04-03-2013, 02:52 PM
EWWWW JJ :eek: When we were in Okinawa, we would get HUGE cockroaches that would fly! Ususally when Jack was at work :mad: I finally worked up the nerve to make "gas chambers" out of shoe boxes and bug spray, they would stay there till he would get home, lovely place:rolleyes: also had coral snakes, but the only one I saw at our place was a dead one stuck in the stone wall.

Oh no fear Lauren says there is NO WAY she is missing the Senior Prom, she was a bit better today, she said she did not sleep well but it probably is allergies :crossfingers: Sac County is FAMOUS for that stuff.

Went to breakfast at IHOP with Jack, he had to fast till this morning for tests so he had T-Bone steak and eggs, I had the Senior Sampler Breakfast

Uschi
04-03-2013, 02:55 PM
Good Afternoon!!!

Lovely sunshine but the wind is bitter cold.

Played table tennis, then took one of the lady players out for lunch. American, then lived in Canada for over 30 years, moved back to USA a couple of years ago and now comes for visits now and again. She is leaving again tomorrow.

She wanted a hamburger so we went to Harvey's. I hadn't been there since 1986, still looks the same and the hamburger was good.

I need to make a trip to the post office and then will sit and read or paint.

Caryl - YUMMY indeed!!!!

Geoff, glad you are all set for your caravaning:thumbsup:

Sorry, Henry, but what exactly is it that your were trying to achieve with the coins??

JJ, as long as it doesn't look like a mouse I have no problems with it, sorry you are having such a fright. Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Elise, quite the present!!! Lovely photo of her!!

Lulu, how absolutely cute!! I'll have to Google for more information. WOW, time is racing by:thumbsup:

Judy, I hope your GD is fine!!!

:wave: to all here and all yet to come!!!

Uschi

shipbroker
04-03-2013, 03:20 PM
Uschi....They represent the 'quarters; of our coat of arms......

geoff

Yorky
04-03-2013, 04:33 PM
Back from the theatre. I enjoyed the play.

JJ I would have hit it with something, I hate spiders.

Hope your trip works out OK Geoff. Supposed to be getting warmer this weekend.

We booked an 8 day holiday on Jersey (Channel Islands) for June with friends this morning. I'm looking forward to it, I have always wanted to visit Jersey since the Bergerac series on TV.

Doug

Flattwo
04-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Good for you Doug, you will enjoy it there!

Henry

Scene Chaser
04-03-2013, 05:59 PM
Doug, that will be a great vacation. I would love to spend time on the Channel Islands.

Bill

Strawberry Wine
04-03-2013, 06:00 PM
Good Evening Washers

Late in the day but have finally arrived. We had 4 inches of snow before 10:00 a.m. this morning. By 1:00 the sun came out and most of it is gone where the sun did shine. Cold with a bitter north west wind.

You are all woooses..:lol: That poor spider was the one that should have been terrified being chased by a huge cat and hearing loud screeches from someone far bigger than the cat. JJ, you should have slid a piece of cardboard or something under the glass jar and take the poor thing back outside....

That is quite the camera for a 12 year old.... belated Happy Birthday Elise.

Uschi, look again at the coins that Henry has set out in that specific way. NOtice the raised edging on the top surface of each coin. (not the sides) and you will see that put together the way Henry has done, they form a 'shield' pattern.

Geoff, hope you were able to have your brakes serviced today. It will be at least 5 weeks before we are able to set up our camper for its spring clean. We are set to go away for 5 days mid June.

Time to start dinner. :wave: to everyone.

Cheers,

Gail

CharM
04-03-2013, 08:55 PM
Gail... every critter in Australia is deadly poisonous... :lol:

Sounds like a nice vacation, Doug.

:wave: All... I'm really tired this evening and can't seem to find where I put my energy... second night in a row that I think my head will hit the pillow very early. :wave:

JudyL
04-03-2013, 09:36 PM
I do believe we can rest assured, DGD does seem to be ok, has a headache, I however came down with a bit of doggy tummy, but feel ok now.

That trick with the British coins is SOOOOO COOL! can't do that with our $$$

olliewood0702
04-03-2013, 09:37 PM
Gail,:eek: the only good spider is a DEAD spider!:thumbsup:

Judy, I'm glad you and your GD are feeling better.

Watching American Idol, the contestants are doing quite well tonight.

Doug, that holiday sounds nice, spending time on an island in the English Channel in the summer probably will be a good choice..at least in early summer.:clap:

As soon as American Idol is over with we are heading to bed. I cannot believe that tomorrow is Thursday already. This week is flying by.

We stopped our recycling at Jen's and saw Klaira for a bit. She was showing her Nana and Papa how she rides her horsey. She has a rocking horse and it neighs too.:D She got it for Christmas last year. She loves it. She's so tiny for her age that in order for her to get on it she has to slide it over to the couch, crawl on to the couch and then get on her horse.:lol:

NIte all:wave:

Lulu
04-03-2013, 09:48 PM
Gail,:eek: the only good spider is a DEAD spider!:thumbsup:

Absolutely, totally, unreservedly, agree!!!!

Yorky
04-04-2013, 02:45 AM
Henry, I call the latest coin designs "mis-shapes" after the mis formed sweets that you could buy. I think they are an abortion and sully our once fine coinage.

Doug