PDA

View Full Version : WDE March 29, traveling fellow, late easterbonnet and VERY late julia

artastic
04-02-2013, 08:40 PM
this was a catchup weekend and i had so much fun with all of these

first, I really loved the traveling fellow with his multicolored suitcase, I tried to make at least one tangerine but didn't quite make it,
I drew everything with cobalt wc pencil, then went in with watercolor
then added more drawing lines, because I found I liked the addition of wc pencil, even added a touch of texture here and there with orange chrome and pink madder pencils
an hour drawing and an hour painting
9x12 windpower watercolor book (love the paper, color lifts rather nice)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Apr-2013/104250-tangerine.jpg

then from last week for surob, I combined the easter bonnet and some of the bottles in my venezia sketchbook, ink and a touch of WC, probably another hour and ahalf (9x9)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Apr-2013/104250-march_22.jpg

and I finally finished a wc version of Julia for Sharrms wde Feb 22
9x12
I used masking for the hair and highlights, and poured on some color, then went in darker with WC after it dried, have been working on this off and on for a while, total maybe 2-3 hrs

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Apr-2013/104250-julianew.jpg

sorry to combine all of these, but now I feel kind of caught up!

I loved all the references, and I have the butterfly saved too, he may be a tangerine butterfly

PaintBoss
04-02-2013, 09:32 PM
I am glad you did combine all 3. (I am way behind too!)
Lovely pieces. I like how you confidently handled 3 different approaches.
Julia is lovely with your use of highlighted white. You got it without overworking it.
I always like seeing your ink and watercolour. Combination with the bottles worked really well.
Confident bold colour with your first piece.
Great job, worth the wait!:thumbsup:

Scotkatidid
04-02-2013, 10:14 PM
I love your approach and crop to the suitcases Bonnie and your Bonnet and bottle combo is a lovely creative combo. Also Julia's portrait is quite dreamlike - well done!

Turpintine45
04-03-2013, 01:24 AM
I love the fella on the suitcases and the suitcases, very well done. The hat and bottles sparkle nicely. The little girl is beautiful and I love the light on her. I was going to do her too but time got away. I still have her saved.

connievanwinssen
04-03-2013, 04:28 AM
Good work on all. The girl is my favourite.:)

m50paul
04-03-2013, 06:08 AM
Bonnie love all three, very nice... I agree that the cobalt pencil was very nice..

Charlie's Mum
04-03-2013, 06:20 AM
These are so gooooood Bonnie - each in its own way - really like them:clap: :clap: :clap:

surob
04-03-2013, 08:59 AM
All three of these worth the wait. I like the combo of the bottles and hat. It now reminds me of a dressing table. Heck, I like them all!

BUN201
04-03-2013, 09:40 AM
All of them are very nice! Hard to pick a favorite. I loved the crop for the traveling guy - you definitely got the color tangerine in there. I loved the ink/watercolor and the combination of the two references in the second, and the light is beautiful in Julia.

savatage
04-03-2013, 11:14 AM
great work on all three

skappy
04-03-2013, 12:05 PM
Great job on all Bonnie Julia is gorgeous, love the suitcase sculpture and the bottles addition to the fancy hat:thumbsup:
Robert:cat:

Sharrm
04-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Oh wow Bonnie, you're really in the groove so to speak....These are all exceptional very well done.

But, have to say, that the painting of Julia, is one of the best I've seen from that Reference,
you have her spot on, and and the lighting, and palette, are perfect,you have captured the essence of the scene so well..... I
t's lovely and My daughter and Julia are going to love it too.:clap:

So funny she just asked me on Sunday, if there were any more paintings of her she could see.
She loves looking at them all, and has copies of all pinned up in her room. She's quite the little artist already herself.
And I'm teaching her how to use Acrylics now. We have paint sessions together.
I love them as much as her LOL
So glad you stuck with it and posted.....:wave:

Greenbrier33
04-03-2013, 09:13 PM
My favorite of the 3 is Julia. So whimsical. Diamonds and Mary Janes.
Lovely, loose, and lively.

Dave

breadmerchant
04-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Bonnie...these are are all well done...I especially like the lustre and rich contrast in the suitcases in the travelling man scene.

Paulafv
04-04-2013, 04:26 PM
Love the painting of Julia and the light in it. Suitcase and hat/bottles also well done.

Scattykat
04-06-2013, 06:21 AM
well done on all these, esp like the little girl one, and the bonnet combo too, and that quirky little chap on the cases, all super...