PDA

View Full Version : a buncha nudes

somerset
09-09-2003, 07:52 PM
lets see if I can use the uploader

nope!! dont want to have 4 threads, so until I figure it out...

somerset
09-09-2003, 08:16 PM
usually when all else fails, read the directions but even that did not help so ...
this is just a 'colored in' version of the sketch of last week so this one came easy, altho I think perhaps her torso is colored in a bit too much. may remove & replace some with black.

somerset
09-09-2003, 08:17 PM
this the second, called Submission

somerset
09-09-2003, 08:19 PM
by now I want to be minimal so

somerset
09-09-2003, 08:20 PM
but I notice maybe it is perhaps a little too minimal so I gave her an arm & back

somerset
09-09-2003, 08:23 PM
and then I realize she is greedy...now she wants a leg & perhaps a chest so I have re-drawn the thigh to facilitate that if I take that step. so far I don't want to do it.

thanks for looking. All comments & crits welcome.
Everything Digi

Tamana
09-09-2003, 09:56 PM
Oh ma'an.....

You've GOT to let me use some of these.

Those deep ones are so sensual. Oh I wish I had them right now. This monitor sucks. I can't wait to see them on the other tomorrow. I promise to give you a critique like I know you would like to have then...but not from this monitor.

Pssst: she will probably want shoes too. Lots of them. ;)

somerset
09-09-2003, 10:25 PM
Thanks Tam, of course you can use them! I have asthma you know, so please keep the flames to a minimum. And looking forward to tomorrow, let 'er rip.

Shoes?? That settles it; no leg for her, I preferred the first version anyway.

mame
09-09-2003, 10:40 PM
Are these rendered free-hand, somerset?

I'm trying to get my mind around "visualizing" how things are done digitally. You draw with a stylus thing?

PS re the dark/green ones. Just my take but I think the arm and that diagonal of a bit of leg are imperative compositionally and "anchoring" the figure in space and for the play of positive/negative space - door #2

Tamana
09-09-2003, 10:54 PM
Do a WIP.

somerset
09-09-2003, 11:06 PM
Mame, yep free hand. Altho I do have a tablet with stylus I have had it for just about 2 months and not yet used to it. The stylus is shaped and sized very much like a fountain pen and in fact works very much like an old fashioned pen in that you 'dip' the pen into the color of your choice and draw. There is just no need to refill until you change colors.

I am more accustomed to using the mouse, clicking on the color I want and selecting the size and shape of the of the brush. That is what I did here. Truth be told, I do need to become more familar with the stylus and tablet because the stylus is pressure sensitive which obviously allows one to be a lot more um, intuitive as opposed to changing brushes over and over.

For the dark green ones the 'smudge brush' was used almost exclusively. It is a very smooth textured brush which also allows the presence of 'light' in the color...the regular paintbrushes do not. Using that light is presumably similar to mixing your colors and you may vary the opacity range from1-100. I think I was on 24 or so.

You prefer #2? Do you think she needs a breast?

somerset
09-09-2003, 11:15 PM
Hi Tam, we cross posted. I am, I am! Three, no four different stages... I am just hoping that I am finished. All that I can see now is that I want to trim some of the 'canvas' on the right side. Of course, tomorrow is a new day.

somerset
09-09-2003, 11:26 PM
Here, the canvas has been tilted (yea for a solid background!) to give the subject what I think is a better angle and also trimmed.

Tamana
09-09-2003, 11:39 PM
Bloody monitor!!! On mine it looks like she has a breast no? Oh and I meant a photo of you and your tablet etc.

somerset
09-09-2003, 11:46 PM
LOL, you're not crazy, she has a breast in the last two pics. No pictures available of me asleep er, working at my desk...no digicam.

Tamana
09-09-2003, 11:53 PM
*PHEW!*

:D

Well, hey!!! If I can think a creamer is a pear...I mean really...hahahaha

surreal
09-10-2003, 12:13 AM
Interesting work, Michael!

lascauxcaveman
09-10-2003, 12:14 AM
My $0.02 is lose the breast. Funny coming from me, cause I LOVE breasts, can't get enough of 'em, really. I dunno, it just makes it a little too obvious, loses some of the mystique somehow.

The earlier version makes me wish I could see the breast, but now that I see it, I just want to roll over and start snoring loudly. (Mrs Caveman is noddinging in knowing agreement here.)

Classic case of stopping painting when the painting is done, IMO.

Don't want to sound negative, its a very cool picture, just that much better sans-breast.

somerset
09-10-2003, 01:26 AM
Hi Nina, thanks. These nudes have actually been fun for a change instead of work. Glad you find them interesting.

lascauxcaveman.. thanks. The breast doesn't do anything for me either but maybe its the way I drew it.

Did not realize what a bad hair day she was having. I'll try to blend it a little better but for now...

Dahzl
09-10-2003, 01:30 AM
Oh Michael ! :D These images are absolutely wonderful !! :clap: - yes I echo - soft sensual beautiful !
The first a sense of yearning - lost in her thoughts - very appealing! She is lovely!
The 2nd a look of digital collage. - Really interesting !
and I like very much - the latest last - with breast and trimmed image- works for me ! :D

Wow You are really mastering this digi drawing and painting stuff - I have had a few small trys - very basic- and now have a liitle more understanding and a Very Healthy Respect for how tricky it is to control the lines etc..

Well Done !

Cheers Dahzl :D

lascauxcaveman
09-10-2003, 01:49 AM
Where'd the head go? You weren't happy with her hair so you cut off her head? Now THAT'S a bad hair day. :eek:

somerset
09-10-2003, 02:00 AM
Dahzl...thanks. I guess she is kinda pensive huh. I forgot to mention the title for that one. Love for sale. Enough said.

Yep, yep, yep was going for multiple images on Submission; glad you saw.

The minimalist peice was by far the most fun for me. I want to do my thing with color & shape as opposed to drawing.

Here is the last revision for the evening. Fixed the hair on the first minimalist peice.

somerset
09-10-2003, 02:03 AM
it helps to attach.

Tamana
09-10-2003, 09:28 AM
Monitor in place and here we go. I can't believe the difference in monitors (my color or something must be off on my other...I have no idea how to adjust so anyone else that knows feel free to enlighten me).

I love the first. It looks textured and embossed. I want to run my fingers over it lightly. Nice choice of colors as well. They create tension and yet not. I like her body language: shy or regretful or both. Definitely submissive.

As for the second, that hip/waist area disturbs me. It seems like a deformity. The body language is great and indicative of a longing yearn. You definitely captured the submission on that one too. The reflective cascade of the shape and color are fantastic and adds to the mood. I love that rip torn part viewer's lower left. It looks crinkled and textured.

I do not like the head on the third (which you have revised but I promised critique). It looks too much like a pouffy style (Peg Bundy etc), or one of those over-sized alien heads in those photos mmk likes (where IS mmk?).

The fourth (not counting the head) is da bomb!!! It's like she's softly crawling over the top of covers on a moonless starlit night. Those colors rock. I love the sublety of the arm and the position of the thigh. The lighting on her bottom is exquisite.

I like the fifth too. Except it doesn't look like she's crawling softly anymore. It looks like she's reached her destination and is fixing to straddle it ( I hated to say that but it's the truth - you know?), or gently lay down. I think this one coupled with the fourth would make a GREAT coupling on a wall.

Definitely lose the breast.

The next revision is it. The heads toned down and the breast is gone. Thumbs up!! ( you were right...we do read each other's minds...lol).

I do not like the final revision. Bring back the arm...go back one go back one. That's the one....and use the coupling too.

Very impressive Mikey!!!!! You're on a roll now. Soon as I get a quality printer etc....these are mine mine mine to use!!! :D

:clap: :clap:

arourapope
09-10-2003, 09:42 AM
I see nekkid people!!!!
These are great. I'm happy to see you doing them. You're good at this.
I like the one right before the breast.

somerset
09-10-2003, 12:28 PM
Caveman... I missed your return visit, must have been on the verge. Beheading is not the intent, I will make it more prominent, promise as soon I can see straight.

Tam...don't think I will have this many images in a single thread again. Opened 2 browsers just to make sure I am aligning comments to images!
Will take a look at the hip area on the second. Maybe in over my head. It looks like the green nude will remain without breasts (sorry Deb, out-voted 4-1) and with the new head/hair after highlightin a bit more. This is the first time I have ever considered multiple images. Usually the goal is I hope to find one I like and can work with. I think I like the expanded vision even tho I still see funny. Thanks for all the work .

Aurora... thank you. You know what it means to me.

cyrillejubert
09-10-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Dahzl
Oh Michael ! :D These images are absolutely wonderful !! :clap: - yes I echo - soft sensual beautiful !
The first a sense of yearning - lost in her thoughts - very appealing! She is lovely!
The 2nd a look of digital collage. - Really interesting !
and I like very much - the latest last - with breast and trimmed image- works for me ! :D

Wow You are really mastering this digi drawing and painting stuff - I have had a few small trys - very basic- and now have a liitle more understanding and a Very Healthy Respect for how tricky it is to control the lines etc..

Well Done !

Cheers Dahzl :D

Hi dazzling Princess
Even if it is the end of summer in Europe, it is not yet summer for the ossies
You had better to wear a shirt and a trouther ... even a pair of ...

I thought you were less impudique ! You will see what Iznogood will say .. you have better to hide yourself !

This image remind me Thomson and Thomson in a radiologist local ... in "Objectif moon" ... in french cela me rappelle Dupond et Dupont dans "Objectif lune" quand l'un passe derriere un écran de radiologie

somerset
09-10-2003, 05:28 PM
whatever you say Cyrille...

Tamana
09-11-2003, 02:26 AM
:cool:

Dahzl
09-11-2003, 06:26 AM
(sorry Deb, out-voted 4-1)

Ahhh well sigh..... Breastless and green it is :D Who am I to argue - I must come back to have another look at the latest image Michael - now I am having trouble with my screen - lots of flickering yellow stripes - eek! Actually tis quite mesmerizing :D

-and Tsk Tsk Cyrille ! Impudique ! Moi ???? :angel: Oh Non non non ! shhhhhhhhhhhh...... very quiet Monsieur Cyrille - Isnogood might hear you ! Uh Oh ! :confused:

:D :D

cyrillejubert
09-11-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Dahzl

-and Tsk Tsk Cyrille ! Impudique ! Moi ???? :angel: Oh Non non non ! shhhhhhhhhhhh...... very quiet Monsieur Cyrille - Isnogood might hear you ! Uh Oh ! :confused:

:D :D

Isnogood is in London at Harrod's for the sales...
He is buying new clothes for all the gynecee ...

:cool: Tamana seems naughty enough with his or her "eh eh eh" to be invited in our tales .... do you have a theme ? where do you want to write ?

XOX

Tamana
09-11-2003, 12:22 PM