PDA

View Full Version : Cafe Michaelangelo - APRIL - 2013

azulparsnip
04-01-2013, 05:55 PM
Greeting art buddies

It is so beautiful outside here. spring time

For our down under buddies it must be cooling off?

Let us all breathe deep and relax, do something creative, we are alive!

I had my first ever henna appointment today. she was 35 minutes late. but I was thrilled and enjoyed it and hope she does too. I always to look at my feet henna in the shower or when I'm relaxing . Just makes me happy. I forgot to take the camera thought .....next time:rolleyes:

trafford
04-01-2013, 08:07 PM
I'm looking forward to your henna feet in the shower.:angel: It was a beautiful Easter day, but today it's raining. I like the rain so it's OK with me.

Had some time finding images of Merlin, the wizard. Everything but illustrations. Want to read the legend and maybe make up my own painting.

Marc looks like a good one...maybe a collage.

I have some pictures I took from the gallery here, if you need some extras.

Here is a good art website http://www.artdaily.org/ Give it a try.

Looks like a fun month. :heart:

brianvds
04-02-2013, 12:29 AM
Greeting art buddies

It is so beautiful outside here. spring time

For our down under buddies it must be cooling off?

Yup, but for me always a wondrously lazy, dreamy sort of time. Mellow days and cool but not unpleasantly cold nights. And more and more weathered autumn leaves blowing about in the wind: I always draw some of them because they are so full of character.

trafford
04-02-2013, 08:51 AM
I added three pictures to paint a long. We have plenty to work with. Was there a reason for putting the thread up with the classicos? Not a bad idea to maybe attract some other people.

Anyway the pictures are great...You always pick good ones, Robin and Brian's are always interesting.I like that cow and the tree.

I seem to have an obsession with abandoned buildings lately..so that's what I added.

Good painting all :cool:

azulparsnip
04-02-2013, 03:47 PM
Oh, MY that was a total blunder....posting that photo paint along in the classical forum.....and I can't manage to move it.....all the thread controls don't work for me but now and then????

maybe June??? could you move that paint a long thread? my tools don't work

got a double date with our daughter ( 16yr) and her boyfriend - dinner and a movie......good times.....so gotta go

peace

artbyjune
04-05-2013, 02:50 AM
I decided to get some art goodies for my birthday last month. Some came yesterday. I got a book on Egon Schiele...his watercolours of people interest me, a book on Turner, a DVD on the Pre-Raphaelites. I am swimming in art.

tyree
04-05-2013, 06:36 AM
hmmm...what are feet henna?:confused: .....im getting ready to do the ballet dancer...just finished michaelangelo in the sunday drawings, going to try leonardo next........tyree:D

azulparsnip
04-08-2013, 07:11 PM
June - I assume you moved the threads around? Thanks. Guess my status is restricted??? No biggie -

Art goodies for a birthday present is good. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND MANY MORE!

Tyree - feet that have had henna applied? The customer asked me if I do henna on feet and I said Yes, feet henna is my favorite!. I hope she is enjoying her feet henna.

I'm glad somebody is doing some art. I haven't done anything for almost a week. Been working on sewing projects and learning to sprout seeds and beans for fun & nutrition (a good combination-YES)
:heart:

azulparsnip
04-10-2013, 11:08 PM
finally did a little sketching.....aaaaaah, I can feel the energy from the experience.......wow, amazing.

It was a perfect spring day. I love sleeping with the windows open.

tyree
04-11-2013, 12:45 PM
i just like sleeping:D tyree.......i am working on a cubist like work with o/p's and coloured pencils.....its a far piece from working with my mech pencils.......the creation of cubism in that period was very revolutionary wasnt it....tyree:wave:

brianvds
04-13-2013, 06:17 AM
My latest masterpiece. I rather like "kitchenish" still lifes... :-)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Apr-2013/142294-25_April_2013.JPG

With this one, I experimented with the "limited palette," and used only black, white, red and yellow oils. 5 x 7 inch canvas board: after bitterly complaining about it after my last attempt at painting on it, it seems to be growing on me now.

trafford
04-15-2013, 12:15 PM
Very good still life, Brian and yummy looking too. Like your color choices.

Haven't gotten to BLAST yet...later today or tomorrow, I hope. Will have to do one. It's my discipline for the week. Remember we discussed way back, doing a sketch a day. Has anyone actually stuck to that...maybe for a summer resolution? Even if I did a collage a day, it would be something. Collage is my therapy.

I'm trying to get back to working with Experimental Drawing by Robert Kaupelis. It's a wonderful drawing exercise book. It also uses a lot of paper. How about 50 self portraits? He has another book "Learning to Draw" Sort of his own take on Nicolaides' The Natural Way to Draw. I blather on. That's enough.
Enjoy your day...janet

artbyjune
04-16-2013, 02:00 AM
Robin, I moved the photo thread for you. I can't think why it didn't move for you. Maybe a gremlin in the works that day. It happens to me sometimes too.

brianvds
04-16-2013, 09:52 AM
Very good still life, Brian and yummy looking too. Like your color choices.

Not quite as yummy as it looks: I picked up the squash lying forlornly next to the road on one of my walks. It cried out to be painted, but I decided to rather not eat it! (and it should be noted that I am a notorious serial killer of still life subjects after painting them... :D )

I have become quite enthusiastic about this limited palette thing. Never realized just what bright greens one can mix from yellow and black! Next challenge will be to see what shades of blue one can mix up without blue paint.

I once read that Titian painted the blue sleeve in this portrait without any blue pigment; he mixed his blue out of white, black and red. Will have to go experiment to see if I can do the same:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Apr-2013/142294-Tiziano_Vecellio_1490-1576,_Venezia_Man_with_a_blue_sleeve_85cm_small.jpg

Haven't gotten to BLAST yet...later today or tomorrow, I hope. Will have to do one. It's my discipline for the week. Remember we discussed way back, doing a sketch a day. Has anyone actually stuck to that...maybe for a summer resolution?

Alas, I have never had the time. Or at least, I have always been too lazy. :-)

trafford
04-16-2013, 11:43 AM
Sort of a squash road kill.

brianvds
04-16-2013, 12:05 PM
Sort of a squash road kill.

Fortunately it didn't get too squashed in the process. :D

tyree
04-17-2013, 06:23 AM
brian.....really nice still.....interesting combo together!!!! tyree:wave:

42falls
04-17-2013, 08:31 PM
Cafe Michaelangelo...What is your favorite Michaelangelo art piece? He is my favorite all time artist ever.
I am currently working on a fresco. I am copying his version of Adam reaching up to God. Just doing the hands. I have pics posted of it on my facebook.

azulparsnip
04-18-2013, 07:39 AM
I'm sorry to soooo outta touch lately. and now I must leave home for 2 weeks to help my daughter in Nebraska......so I will be in and out but very scarce.

tyree
04-18-2013, 12:38 PM
robin...i hope everything will be allright....and I will miss you!!! tyree:heart:

artbyjune
04-19-2013, 01:48 PM
Welcome Jodi. Michelangelo figures are very interesting. His colour is beautiful too. We haven't looked at his art in detail for ages on this forum. Maybe we could do some soon.

brianvds
04-20-2013, 12:40 AM
I suppose this will border on sacrilege, but while I am completely in awe of Michelangelo's talent and achievement, I don't actually like his work all that much. I very much prefer the earlier Renaissance.

brianvds
04-21-2013, 08:35 AM
And another dubious masterpiece. I have forgotten how to paint glass, so I am not to ecstatic about this one.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Apr-2013/142294-26_april_2013.JPG

Oh well, practice will make perfect. Or a bit better, anyway.

trafford
04-29-2013, 06:46 AM
Your glass effort looks fine to me. I know you will spend time perfecting glass until you are satisfied.

Meanwhile:

Happy Birthday to Me!
Happy Birthday To Me!
Happy Birthday Dear Me
Happy Birthday to Me!

I was old last year and much older in 2013.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Apr-2013/42757-JANET_FUNNY_FACE.jpg

brianvds
04-29-2013, 08:17 AM
Funny, you don't LOOK old. :-)

trafford
04-29-2013, 08:58 AM
Shaved off a couple of years. Poetic or artist's license.

tyree
04-30-2013, 01:02 PM
Your glass effort looks fine to me. I know you will spend time perfecting glass until you are satisfied.

Meanwhile:

Happy Birthday to Me!
Happy Birthday To Me!
Happy Birthday Dear Me
Happy Birthday to Me!

I was old last year and much older in 2013.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Apr-2013/42757-JANET_FUNNY_FACE.jpg......what a cutie!!!!!!! A BIG HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.....HOPE YOU HAD A TERRIFIC DAY!!!!!!!! :heart: TYREE

artbyjune
04-30-2013, 03:07 PM
Congrats and happy birthday, Janet.!!!!

artbyjune
04-30-2013, 03:11 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Apr-2013/106623-cake.jpg

trafford
04-30-2013, 06:00 PM
Thank you for the Birthday greetings. Your cake looks better than the one I baked June...much fancier. I didn't have icing and couldn't find the candles, so I put a big dollop of ice cream on the top and it was bliss. :cool: