PDA

View Full Version : ***DAILY WASH SUNDAY 31th MARCH 2013***

ollieowl
03-31-2013, 12:33 AM
MORNING ALL
where ever thee may and time zone mine change as I got out bed from 01:00 too 02:00 so I've been changing clock around the house well time on them :D

Egon you egg reminded of some egg I had blown about a month ago I was going to have a go at carving I will give it ago take pic'e and post sometime :thumbsup:

HAWLTAIN :heart:2 AL ELSE

p.s im just having my over heated rabbit & a lemsip "got a little cold "freezer you no who would do it for a living :D

shipbroker
03-31-2013, 01:47 AM
Morning Peter and all following.

Still darkish here with BST comung in but had still about 7 hours sleep no matter what the clocks say!

Off to church in half an hour so back later.

geoff

doppler
03-31-2013, 02:09 AM
Good afternoon all.

Did the Gallery sitting, sold two items, not mine, and started a painting. :thumbsup: Day started off warm and humid but now the chillier cloud is rolling in as mist and mizzle and a rain band is approaching from the west. It nice and quiet with the mist, except for the bellbirds and whipbirds and other avian loudmouths that don't chime down until the dark.:lol: It's funny, their sound adds depth to silence.

Not much for the evening except ...... THE NEW SERIES OF DR WHO.:clear: :lol:

BBL

Yorky
03-31-2013, 02:37 AM
Good morning Peter, Annie and all to follow.

Sorry you have a c-cold Peter, I couldn't work in the freezers.

Hi Annie, so your Autumn is coming on. Hope the weather co-operates.

A cloudless sky here except for the early morning con trails from Liverpool and Manchester airports. A little warmer at 2C.

A little painting and baking on the cards for today. Apple pies.

The darned Wood Pigeons are pruning my rockery for nesting material :rolleyes:

Doug

ollieowl
03-31-2013, 03:23 AM
morning Geoff: My other half of to church soon as well

morning Doug: some one's got to do it can thee send them pigeon to prune my lawn :thumbsup::D

morning Annie silence is golden unless your deaf then I'm not sure

Well I had a go :thumbsup:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Mar-2013/159407-100_3172_2.JPG

had little problem drill bottom hole it's now 1 inch across in stead of a pin hole :D
I give it another go but my hand vibrating from the drill still getting funny vibes
in funny finger BUT that's why I'm laughing most of the time :D

Yorky
03-31-2013, 03:27 AM
Hmm you must have a small hammer and chisel peter :lol:

Hi Geoff, I missed you somehow.

Doug

doppler
03-31-2013, 03:40 AM
Looks really exacting and interesting Peter.:)

Autumn is here Doug :thumbsup: Waiting for the coolth of needing a fire. Lots of burnables about . Those we haven't already singed on the summer storm bonfires. Nothing like a bonfire in the rain.

Geoff, I intend to get nine hours sleep tonight. Even with one hour worrying about the hosepipe I dragged on foot to Mt Glorious. As IF. :lol: And where is my passport???

The storms are raging now, well grumbling, belching and lightening and raining.

Our dinner has not cooked yet. Bill, he may surprise me yet :eek:

:wave:

laudesan
03-31-2013, 04:05 AM
:wave:

Hey there, Happy Easter Sunday. :heart: :grouphug:

I had a lovely day with Tania et al. We went to a friends place for a B-B-Q lunch. Lots of laughter and fun.

I am at Tania's for supper now, and it is absolutely hosing down.

Peter that is a super egg!!

Later

shipbroker
03-31-2013, 04:17 AM
Doug.....yes we have the Woods & the Collars back again starting nests too...as it is still -2C here as well ( not much warmer inh church either) I will have to trim the ivy of the Monkey Puzzle as they built nests there last year.

geoff

Scene Chaser
03-31-2013, 06:28 AM
Good Day All,

Did the time change in the UK today?

Hi Peter, When as a youngster I worked in food stores and restaurants, I always hated to work in the freezer. But, if you wear a coat and gloves, itís okay. Beautiful egg painting.

Hi Doug, nice to have free gardeners. Do they nest in the garden?

Geoff, today is the day when churches are most populated, I think.

Annie, Iíll give him a few recipes if he likes. :) Hope they take him up on his new course. Is Roger a pilot?

Hi JJ. Enjoy the rain. It is scheduled to rain here today, too.
Bill

Yorky
03-31-2013, 06:36 AM
Hi Bill, yes Summer Time now.

The Pigeons nest in next door's Rowan tree which is a big ball of ivy.

Got next month's Challenge ready ;)

Doug

Ellen in Ont
03-31-2013, 07:27 AM
:wave: everyone,
Yesterday was lovely and warm but it will be colder the rest of the week. The snow has melted a little and is now waist deep instead of chest deep. :rolleyes:

I had plans of getting a lot of the cooking for today's big turkey supper done yesterday but we babysat Max until 1:30 a.m. He was already in bed when we got there so we just sat and watched movies but it means that I have to get the desert made very shortly so it can go in the oven before the turkey needs to.

Today will be completely filled and tomorrow I work day shift. Tuesday the plumber is coming to fix the valve in the heating system. Things I want or need to do keep getting pushed back more and more. :rolleyes:

I need to check emails and then get started on the baking. Have a wonderful day everyone.

SquashedToad
03-31-2013, 08:10 AM
Morning everyone

I took it easy yesterday, no cleaning. Have to admit I didn't get much painting done either. I decided to work a little more on a quilt that I am making for my bed. Tried to post a picture, but having some issues with my ipad and can't get the 'upload photo' button to work.

Spring is coming here and I have to say that I am getting a little tired of winter. I can't wait until things start turning green!

Okay, looks liked it worked this time.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Mar-2013/33605-image.jpg

Uschi
03-31-2013, 08:13 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

HAPPY EASTER!!!

It was a beautiful day yesterday and I spent some time in the garden, mostly gathering plastic bags and newspapers that were driven there by the wind and then snowed under. I still have snow next to the fence.

Today it is overcast and we are expecting rain for most of the day, 3C right now.

Stores are closed, I think I'll do a bit of painting until the afternoon when I am going with my family for easter celebration and dinner in Toronto.

Annie, what a nasty shock to Roger (((( ))))

Peter, WOW, great job on that egg, question thought, if you blew it out what is the white left behind the brown shell??

Geoff, :thumbsup: for good sleep.

:wave: to Doug, JJ, Ellen, Bill and all yet to come. Wishing you all a good day and :grouphug: to those of you not feeling well!!

Uschi

Yorky
03-31-2013, 08:13 AM
Hi Madelaine, you can only upload one photo a day from the iPad, they all have the same name.

Nice quilt but a lot of work.

Doug

Uschi
03-31-2013, 08:16 AM
Madelaine, we Xposted, quilt is coming along nicely. Yes, a lot of work but very relaxing. Glad you are feeling better!!

SquashedToad
03-31-2013, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the tip Doug. I will keep that in mind if I ever need to post multiple pictures a day.

Yorky
03-31-2013, 08:37 AM
Hi Uschi :wave:

Pleasantly warm here now, hazy sunshine and 11C/52F.

Baked my pie, we'll see how it turns out. I mixed the pastry by hand and blind baked the casing.

Doug

Strawberry Wine
03-31-2013, 09:03 AM
Happy Easter Washers

Overcast this morning as predicted. Laundry was hung on the line and just needed a 10 minute cycle in the dryer to finish it off.

Annie, Dan started his retirement in a similar manner in 2006. He was planning on working until the end of the year and a company resizing forced him and another colleague into early retirement in May instead He adjusted rather quickly :)

Peter, beautifully painted Owl !!!

Madelaine, glad you rested and do continue to do so as much as possible for the next week . Your quilt is lovely. Are you hand or machine quilting it?

Uschi, enjoy your dinner in the city.

Ellen, you have a busy prep day ahead of you. Keep dessert simple. Usually everyone is just too full to enjoy much dessert.

We are having prime rib, roasted potatoes, veggies and yorkshire pudding and of course the gravy to pour over it all. Easy peasy, with not too much fuss.

Char, thanks, we did get the griddle. It is perfect... Heavy but perfect ! Jon will love it. Who will be joining you for Easter dinner this evening?

Doug, you said "you made the pastry by hand" how do you usually make it? and what is "blind baking a casing ?"

:wave: to Geoff, Bill, JJ and all yet to arrive.

BBL

Cheers,

Gail

Yorky
03-31-2013, 09:05 AM
Hi Gail. I usually haul out the mixer, but I'm doing things by hand of late. I blind baked the casing to stop it going soggy with the apples (I hope).

Doug

LynnM
03-31-2013, 09:08 AM
:wave: HAPPY EASTER SUNDAY! A grey one here, supposed to rain later, so I expect we will be having an Easter egg hunt indoors. The family gets here around 3, I have an awful lot to do before then :eek: Have mixed rolls and they are rising, hoped to make some low sugar cookies, but also have a rice salad to make......could have done some of this yesterday, but was with Johannes' class all afternoon....priorities!!

Here's (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19548496&postcount=206) my post of the pan pastel painting we did. It was fun if a bit of a scramble, I didn't have the drawing done, but apparently it changed anyway, so I had a little trouble with the fountain.

Interesting way to carve an egg, Peter, I had visions of wobbly egg white structures! I didn't realize that the brown doesn't go all the way through.

Very pretty quilt Madeline, I hope you feel better soon.

((((((Annie and Roger)))))) What a shock! At least he didn't have to anticipate cuts, sometimes that is worse.

Your old boss had a lot of nerve, Doug! When they asked me to go back, I had had 2 months of freedom in England, and was ready to earn a bit to pay for it! But it only lasted 6 months and I was very glad to stop. The new manager finally came on board and it was 'new broom' time.

Enjoyed all the first car posts yesterday. I miss my trucks the most, loved visibility on the road, and the ease of getting in and out. I stopped driving them though when I wanted to take other people along on trips.

Have a rewarding day everyone! :grouphug: :grouphug:

CharM
03-31-2013, 09:11 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Mar-2013/20514-Easter.gif

The dark and cloudy sky is threatening rain... so typical for an Easter Sunday.

Talking with my Mother late yesterday afternoon, we decided to get her to the hospital. With her Residence quarantined, we called an ambulance (met it at the hospital) and then spent hours and hours in Emergency Care. After lots of tests, the Dr. diagnosed her problem as critical potassium deficiency. They pumped her full of the mineral by IV, and also had her take several tablets by mouth. After a few hours, the lab tested her blood again (and again) and when she finally tipped this side of *normal*, released her. We took her home after calling the Residence. The night manager met us at the front door and took care of her from there.

Tired I am.

Tonight's Easter dinner will be a simple one, so I'll be able to enjoy visiting with our friends. I did get the dessert made yesterday...

That's a special egg, Peter!

Hi Geoff...

Hi Annie... We missed the new episode 'cause we were with my Mother... our Matt missed it because he doesn't have cable in his new place, yet.

I want to check out April's Challenge, Doug...

A nice day, JJ...

Hi Bill... do you do most of the cooking? My Son Jon is the cook at his home...

((Ellen)) I keep nagging that you are going to have to think about dialing back a little. Turkey sounds so yummy...

Your quilt looks beautiful already Madelaine!

Happy painting today, Uschi!

I haven't made a fresh pot of coffee, so I think I'll do that now... Ted snuggled back down in bed but he'll be movin' and groovin' shortly. I hope yours is the very best possible day! Be creative and happy Friends.

EDIT... This always happens... I x-post with you guys because I'm too slow with my post...

Gail... :thumbsup: on the grill pan... Jon called us, actually! He and a few of his buddies drove the 14 hours home so they could spend today with their families! They're heading back to Gagetown tomorrow. Frank and Debbie will be here for dinner... She's been asking about you and I keep forgetting to tell you that.

Lynn... I'll check out your painting! Did you like working with the pan pastels?

Yorky
03-31-2013, 09:16 AM
On the subject of eggs, I saw this yesterday (http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2013/03/scrambling-eggs-inside-its-shells-to-make-scrambled-hard-boiled-eggs-looks-so-fun/) - how to scramble an egg inside its shell :lol:

Lovely pastel Lynn.

Doug

Flattwo
03-31-2013, 09:37 AM
Hi to All

Happy Easter!

I'm just back from the framers and picked up a cut matt with two windows and an off cut to paint an acrylic on

Doug, that's a neat trick, but I find it easier to microwave my eggs...2 mins and done

Lynn, super pastel drawing

Gail, I'm drooling over that prime rib!

Got to go out to the supermarket now, painting later

Cheers

Henry

Scene Chaser
03-31-2013, 10:13 AM
Madeline, very artistic and creative quilt.

Gail, you have made my mouth water, love Yorkshire pudding and prime rib. Iíll cook a grass fed leg of lamb imported from New Zealand.

Lynn, love your pastel.

Char, glad you took charge of your motherís needs. Nursing home patients need outsiders to keep watch for them.
Yes, I do all the cooking and baking. Janet does poached eggs twice a week and considered making cookies a month ago. :) When she does cook, the food is great.

Hi Henry, I sometimes use the micro wave to cook an egg for sandwiches, but I love a fluffy, slow cooked scramble with proper moisture.

Bill

LynnM
03-31-2013, 10:19 AM
Thanks Doug and Henry, it was fun, which can't always be said of my watercolour efforts!

Char, I'm so glad they figured out what your mother's problem is....is she on BP meds? that can cause potassium problems, I remember my aunt had to have at least two bananas a day to keep her OK. Yes, I do like the pan pastels, seems easier somehow than watercolour, perhaps I don't over think it so much. You need to work very directly, you can only build up so many layers and then it won't stick, so picking the right colour off the bat is helpful...I'm still working on that! but you can blend on the applicator, which I understand is different from conventional pastels, sort of like dipping your brush twice for a blended stroke. I meant to ask you for your bread recipe, I would like to use some different flours, and your loaf looks like it would make rolls too. Maybe for the next time...

Buns are in the oven now, I haven't made this recipe for 30 years, will be interesting to see if it works!

Edit: Thanks Bill!

Strawberry Wine
03-31-2013, 11:03 AM
Quick pop in from me again.

Char, I knew your Mom's residence was under quarintine but I missed the post about her not feeling well. Glad she responded to the potassium and sorry you had to spend the night in Emergency.
I do see Deb on F.B. off and on and sent her a message back just this morning.

Doug, Thanks for the British pastry translations. :) I find that pasty is much flakier using a pastry blender by hand than a mixer or foor precessor. Never would have guessed that blind baking the casing would translate into pre baking the pie shell. :)

Henry, Bill, Roast Beef is my all time favourite dinner. I am not all that fussy on turkey coupled with the fact that is a time consuming dinner to prepare. Which is my own fault, because, I do like to prepare a sausage stuffing and cook up my own cranberry sauce. Now that I have difficulty standing for any lenth of time a roast is so much easier. Bonus was that the prime rib was on special a few days ago. :thumbsup: I will try and remember to take a photo of the roast and my new favourite "yorkshire pudding" recipe this evening.

Lynn, your pastel is beautiful... Nothing amiss about the fountain.

BBL

Cheers,

Gail

olliewood0702
03-31-2013, 11:07 AM
Happy Easter One and all!

After two very beautiful days it's cloudy and dull today.

I've got my Easter dinner all planned and things are falling into place. :thumbsup:

Larry got home really early this morning from taking the girls to the concert. Not in time for us to watch a movie together. I enjoyed my quiet time but alas that will end once Matt, Jen and the girls get here. I never did get any time to paint though:confused:

Char, I'm so sorry your day was so awful yesterday but glad your Mom is doing better.

Gotta get some stuff done now.

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!

BBL:wave: :heart:

painterbear
03-31-2013, 11:15 AM
Good Morning all,
It is quarter to eleven in the a.m. here on an overcast Easter morning in Oakwood. Fortunately for those going to services it hasn't started to rain yet...spotty showers are forecast for our area.

I finally found an easy reference to use for my painting class tomorrow...two crocuses (croci???) from the RIL. After the cougar, I need a break. :lol:

Larry and I are having a Japanese style Easter dinner...shrimp tempura! We got some beautiful big shrimp wild caught off Texas and I'll do slices of sweet potato, scallions, and Texas sweet onion slices as well. We haven't had this in a while, so I'm looking forward to it. Although I wouldn't mind Gail's roast beef and Yorkshire pudding if it were offered. ;)

Char, I'm so glad you stepped in and took your Mom for treatment at the hospital. Sounds like she really needed that potassium. As Lynn said, Larry eats a banana every day for the potassium. I don't cause it gives me tummy problems, but my potassium levels seem to be OK without it. Kent does almost all the cooking in his household too. I think it is a creative outlet for him as it is for me too.

Gail, I have a wonderful grill pan by Calphalon (http://calphalon.com/calphalon-contemporary-nonstick-11-in-square-grill-pan/403864) which I really enjoy using. In fact, I grilled six beautiful little lamb rib chops with rosemary for dinner last night. Yummy. I think you'll enjoy your new one too.

Annie, Hopefully what goes around comes around when it comes to your DH's boss. What a crummy way to tell him he was no longer needed at that company. :mad:

Peter, Interesting cameo technique on the egg! I think it's interesting about the brown eggs you all have. Here in the States, people pay extra for brown eggs cause they think they "taste" better. :lol:

Interesting technique to scramble the egg in the shell, Doug. I like to scramble eggs in a double boiler. My French Grandmother taught me how. It gives a wonderful texture to the eggs...takes a little longer, but it is worth it for flavor.

Lovely quilt Madelaine. Looks like you are about 3/4 done. :thumbsup:

:wave: to all who were here before me and to those still on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

Flattwo
03-31-2013, 11:55 AM
Hi

Talking about eggs, my favourites are the ones shown below, a bit more expensive than the norm, but so tasty with a rich golden yolk

Henry

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Mar-2013/3457-DSCN4758.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Mar-2013/3457-DSCN4759.jpg

LCPainterCat
03-31-2013, 12:23 PM
EASTER GREETINGS to those who celebrate -- or, in the case of the Antipodes, have enjoyed theirs already, and are thinking of their cozy beds on an autumnal Easter evening.
It is a chilly, grey Easter morning here in the outskirts of Washington, DC. Usually, my towering, hot pink camelia is in full bloom at Easter, and the Bunny would always hide a few matching hot pink eggs among its flower-laden branches. This year, the buds are not even close to opening, and only a few brave daffodils have shown their bright yellow faces at the bases of the winter-bare trees in the wooded part of my garden. At least the chocolate bunnies won't melt today, as they have on much warmer Easters in the past!

Peter:

Your Owl Egg is delightful. It definitely looks like a design the REAL Easter Bunny might have chosen to make. How do you carve it? Do you use your drill to scrape off the brown layer, exposing the white shell underneath? How tricky that must be! Try using a pair of curved nail or cuticle scissors next time, to enlarge the tiny blowing hole after nicking it -- that's easiest for me when I have emptied egg shells.

Annie:

Roger was treated most shabbily by his chief. I'm mean enough to hope that his rude dismissal leaves said chief in a real pickle as they try to pick up the pieces and continue the already approved projects that Roger has designed!

I think Roger already cooks dinners sometimes, does he not? I bet he will chip in more often now while you are still having to work and shop and make the evening commute back up your mountain : )

Geoff:

Your 7-hour sleeps are becoming more frequent! I, too, have wondered whether the caffeine in your mug of pre-bed bath-time tea was contributing to your restless nights. Could you try a decaffeinated variety -- or better yet, a milk drink of some kind -- instead of tea for a week, and see it that helps?

Lulu:

If you are reading, wherever you are -- the portrait close-up of your darling adopted fur child is simply adorable. I have had to save it to my desktop to look at from time to time, and smile!

Doug:

Your apple pies have earned worldwide fame! When you mentioned blind baking the cases, I thought maybe you were putting a cooked apple filling in them, and then glazing them with hot apricot jam, like an open face tart, instead of baking the apples in the pies. But I gather you were actually prebaking the bottom shells of a conventional two-crust pie to try to make them less soggy from the apple juices? I've done that myself; then, part way through the blind baking, after removing the paper liner and beans, rice or other pie weights, I paint a thin wash of raw egg white inside the shells and put them back in the oven long enough to set and make a juice-proof lining. That works for a custard, pecan, or pumpkin pie, as well.

Thank you for the instructional video on using Google Street View. Excellent instructions! With a lump in my throat, I was able to 'walk' back and forth in front of the house where I grew up (in the same small Connecticut town where June lives) and visit the Silvermine Guild of Artists that was my introduction to art exhibits, and where I fell in love with water color; and to 'ride my bike' down the still country-like roads where my sister and I would disappear with a picnic lunch for whole carefree days. Such nostalgia! I had to laugh at Caryl's astonishment at your accent. What really surprised me was how very youthful you sound -- amazing!

Doris:

I have tears in my eyes when you describe Louie's loving care for you. Who would ever have guessed that terrified and defiant feral cat you so patiently courted was hiding such a love-bug inside? It's wonderful to have you back, writing about life with Louie atop New York City, and living with the very cuddly cat you had dreamed of.

Darla:

Of course you "spoil" your bevy of granddaughters on Easter and virtually every day! That's the privilege and joy of grandparenting! The Easter basket goodies you remember -- small spring toys and traditional Easter candy -- are exactly what we always looked forward to when we were kids ourselves, and then recreated for our own children. I am waiting right this minute for a SKYPE-view peek at my youngest grandchild's Easter egg Hunt. He's 4, and prime Easter Bunny age. Early one morning last week he brought a big yellow basket to his dad, saying, "Let's play Easter bunny!" He had gone into the pantry and chosen a bunch of packaged grocery items and hidden them all around the living room for his daddy to find. : )

Egon:

Easter egg dyeing and decorating -- and even creating an Easter Egg Tree -- still happens every year in my family. We never had the egg-smashing battles, though. Too bad, I'm sure my boys would have loved doing that!
I must say, though, that our eggs, although very pretty, are neither as elaborate as the intricately designed wax-dyed eggs, nor as charming as your water-colored variety.

Char:

How do you make your candy Easter Eggs with "yolks" inside? (Surely the recipe involves sugar. . . .)
Oh, dear, I need my annual Cadbury Egg fix now!

Ona:

I read through the whole month of your blog last night. The recognition is just pouring in!!!! : ) What a tribute to your hard work and unique talent, and how you have combined them to overcome the tough physical time that %*&#$% deer tick has afflicted you with. I hope the growing "-TED" collection is headed for a coffee table book -- or at least, a collection of delightful note cards in time for Christmas gifting? The "-TEDS" are charming, but it is your portraits that leave me breathless . . . .

Carolynn:

WHERE ARE YOU????

I'm going to send this right now, instead of giving up half way through, but meaning to come back to finish (and then never getting back to it) as I usually do. I'm sorry not to include so many with whom I hold 'in my mind' conversations every day, but know that you are ALL cared about!

Oh, before I go -- Henry -- gentle (((hugs))) for Leslie. How nice of you to give up the terrific sounding concert to stay home with her; so hugs to you, too!

I must say, The Wash has the best collection of wonderful husbands in all the world!

Lynn/LC

CharM
03-31-2013, 01:23 PM
Hiya! The rain hasn't exactly begun... it's misty and hazy, making it feel cold and raw... ah well... it's nice a cozy indoors.

My table is set with my best china and looks festive.

Henry, I have a microwave egg poacher that I really like to use also... But that scrambled/boiled egg looks pretty neat, Doug! :)

Bill, lamb is a red meat that I can seem to digest (in small portions) now and again... but my guests don't care for it, so we're also serving a small beef roast along with a small roast chicken.

My Mother does take blood pressure medication... and a diuretic that supposedly works in conjunction with those meds... the Dr. told her to stop taking the diuretic until she sees her family Dr.

Lynn, I'll post my bread recipe for you... I've been able to recreate the sandwich loaf several times now, so I'm comfortable with it...

Gail, Frank and Deb are gluten free, so no yorkshire pudding here...

Darla, sorry you didn't get a chance to paint... but a little alone time was a bonus!

I love crocuses(crocii), Syl! Harbingers of Spring... white or violet?

Lynn/LC... LOTS of sugar in the fondant! I divide the recipe and use 1/3 of it to colour and roll the yolks. Then I divide the remaining portion into an equal number of yolks, and shape it around the little yellow balls. I make these egg shaped, of course. Chill that and then dip those eggs into melted chocolate. People love them. They set my teeth on edge...

Time to peel the potatoes...

Flattwo
03-31-2013, 01:53 PM
Doug, how do you get the salt, pepper, butter and cheese into the egg before boiling it :evil:

Yorky
03-31-2013, 01:55 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Doug

StewGold
03-31-2013, 02:42 PM
Getting cheese, butter and seasonings in a scrambled egg? Easy Peasy buy an egg coddler.

Or I suppose it's possible to syringe some egg out, squirt in melted mix of "stuff" seal with candlewax and boil that. I think I have waay to much time on my hands. Gave my 10 year old niece a pre-sliced banana still in its skin. Took her 2 days to work out how to make one.

Has been a good Easter, my elderly mother, who's been unwell, managed to church in a posh hat, and came home with the over eighties Easter Egg. She's been in the greenhouse nearest the house, drinking coffee and getting visited by friends and relatives all day, and is currently in front of a roasting open fire, half asleep in the warmth.

A fun Easter to all, Leslie

Flattwo
03-31-2013, 02:53 PM
Leslie, glad to hear that you mother is comfy.

Has anyone ever seen these W&N watercolour sticks below from the 50's

Henry

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Mar-2013/3457-T2eC16VHJGIE9nnWqrq0BRKR-fo3Dw60_121.jpg

Yorky
03-31-2013, 03:06 PM
We used something like that in the surveyors' office 50 years ago Henry. We used to rub our own paints in a clay palette to match the previous quarter's work on the mine plans. We used the mix with a toothbrush to stipple the masked out worked area until the match was darn near perfect,

Doug

shipbroker
03-31-2013, 03:06 PM
Henry...my art teacher at school used to use them for designing backdrops for school opera productions..have not seen them since.....

geoff

wcartistsr
03-31-2013, 03:37 PM
Good afternoon and Happy Easter!
Not up to much here this pm after church this am. The next week will be busy. Granddaughter is on spring break, so we will be spending time with her.

Char-Just read about your mother and was glad things turned out fine in the end. She is fortunate to have you near.
Madelaine-Your quilt is beautiful.

Sunny here now and I am loving that.

Shirley

WthrLady
03-31-2013, 04:04 PM
Afternoon all !

I make my own cadbury type eggs. You simply have two different colours of fondant, any flavour, making the ball of fondant almost the same size as the molded chocolate you're going to place it in. Place it in the mold half and attach the other half. As the fondant sits for a week or so it softens, but the colours remain seperated. I make my own chocolate covered fondant cherries and grasshoppers too.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day.

Quiet, sunny and 82 here.

Flattwo
03-31-2013, 04:06 PM
Thanks Doug and Geoff, someone is selling them on Ebay for a fiver each

Henry

JudyL
03-31-2013, 06:06 PM
I do miss British eggs, I always liked the brown eggs better, not sure why, but I do miss non-refrigerated eggs. Over here most eggs come from the fridge, as they travel with dairy and once an egg has been kept in the fridge they have to remain refridgerated. My dad was a chemist with the FDA in the poulty division. Once he collected eggs for someone who was traveling in a boat of sorts, and needed fresh eggs.
I still look for a place where I could get some here, but I can buy a 6 pack or 8 pack.

TTFN and have a happy Easter!

Flattwo
03-31-2013, 06:12 PM
Hi

Could be a bargain in here http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/clearance-of-original-paintings-collection/1013748330
What do you think?

Henry

Yorky
04-01-2013, 03:01 AM
A lovely collection, i would like to see them in real life. I note the warning on the site.

Doug