PDA

View Full Version : Kamber Parrk Sketch Book

Kamber Parrk
03-30-2013, 08:12 PM
This is the beginning of my Sketch Book posting here at WC. Any and all C&C appreciated and, eventually, responded to!

Below: Coffee shop profile

Note: Sketch didn't show up in the preview. . . may have to fix something!

DrDebby
03-30-2013, 10:28 PM
Welcome Kamber. Your image came through fine if it's of the profile of a man with short hair. Great sketch.

Kamber Parrk
03-30-2013, 11:44 PM
Hey there DrDebby

Thanks for the drop by and kind words!

(I'm still getting used to the way the vbulletin boards over here work compared to CA where I've done lotsa postin'. . . I'm used to being able to see the image when I hit "Preview Post,"-- usually always meant something was wrong when I couldn't).

Here's another HB graphite "cafe sketch."

vhere
03-31-2013, 06:43 AM
Good ones :)

DrDebby
03-31-2013, 03:11 PM
Great sketch.

Joan T
03-31-2013, 08:05 PM
Nice sketches!!!! Welcome!

Kamber Parrk
03-31-2013, 10:08 PM
Hey Doc and Joan T

Thanks again for some input!

But, don't worry. . . this SB will get a LOT worse before it gets better!

My intent is to use this thread, pretty soon, as a Watercolor Moleskine SB, with my WC abilities being much feebler than my "dry media" stuff. . .

Below: My Left Hand

DrDebby
04-01-2013, 03:40 PM
You have lovely long fingers. Great sketch.

RainySea
04-04-2013, 07:50 PM
Nice portrait and good proportions and shading on the hand

JTMB
04-05-2013, 03:10 PM
Welcome to the forum! I immediately noticed the title - years ago, a company I worked for was headquartered in Kamber Park, actually the Kamber Park building and some other buildings on the other side of the little creek to the south. I live out in Snoqualmie now. Good job on the sketches and look forward to seeing more.

Candra H
04-09-2013, 09:28 AM
Hey, I recognised your username from CA.org so I decided to come for a nosey in your sb. Hope you don't mind.

I like that it's just starting out - lots of pages tend to put me off - and your sketches are lovely. Really like the cafe studies - great attention to shapes and shading there.

Hope to see more from you, and if you're still having problems with the attachment manager, try using the "insert image" icon. It allows you to upload direct from your computer and is generally better for displaying images to everyone, not just logged in members.

Joan T
04-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Good sketch of your hand!!!

Kamber Parrk
04-13-2013, 04:16 AM
Rainy Sea: Thanks fer peekin' in!

Doc Debby: But. . . I've always been self-conscious of my scrawny little wrists. . .

JTMB: Spooky. . . there's a place called Kamber Park!? Here, I thought I was being all edgy and unique sticking a "k" on the end of my name! I must go to this Park-- synchronicity-- perhaps my destiny awaits me there. . .

Candra H: Recognize your name as well from CA! Thanks for the drop by! Have to try your icon thing.

Joan T: Thanks! I'm trying to depict life drawing values in the manner of Civardi in his several books on the subject-- blow out the highlights; skin pretty much the white of the paper; minimal half-tone; some hard "crevice shadows." Idea is a clean, quick, simple method for using pencil in life drawing sessions.

Below: this is 10 to 15 minute semi-cartoon memory pencil rough of a real incident I witnessed awhile ago:

DrDebby
04-13-2013, 03:14 PM
Amusing cartoon sketch. Sometimes life can be very funny.