PDA

View Full Version : weird things

La_
03-30-2013, 04:19 PM
just playing ... had purple left on the pallets ... i Never use purple ... so there it is

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Mar-2013/84648-weird_yellow.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Mar-2013/84648-weird_yellow_d.jpg

all thoughts always welcomed

la

eyecandy2
03-30-2013, 04:53 PM
La, I find it difficult to comment on your work. I simply don't understand what you are trying to say. So, all I can say is interesting.

homegrownrose
03-30-2013, 10:41 PM
I think you have a nice balance of light and dark in this piece. Some things are confusing like the two legs overlapping each other and appearing to be transparent. Are the figures ghosts? Compositionally it is done well, following the rule of thirds.

silvenus
03-31-2013, 12:53 AM
La bares are back sensual as ever, the horse looks down to admire the view

dgford
03-31-2013, 08:37 AM
WHAT FUN ! Isn't it great when we can see someone really enjoying themselves and to hell with others may think. I wouldn't mind being invited into that group myself because who knows where they are going to finish up or what they are going to do.
Geoff

birdhs
03-31-2013, 11:22 AM
OH MY!

I would buy this in a heartbeat (if I wasn't so poor!)

The exaggerated lines of the legs create a unity and exciting sensation of action.
The way one leg reflects the next one walks the eye gently across the canvas and back again, constantly revealing new relationships.
Unity of colors and values calm the action.

One of your best

greggo

La_
04-01-2013, 12:14 AM
thanks guys = )

i think it's a push.me.pull.me being of selves
me, myself and i with an entourage of helpers
exploring our way in the world

or not, i dunno, i just follow a paintbrush

la

Andrewcody
04-01-2013, 09:13 PM
What is the purple on the pallette for if you never use it?

La_
04-01-2013, 09:18 PM
leftover paint from students uses
'tis good, forces me to use colors i wouldn't otherwise use

la

Andrewcody
04-01-2013, 09:43 PM
I did use a lot of purple, under painting, tonal painting, that sort of thing.
I like a purple more blue than red.
Not sure being 'forced' is good, maybe to avoid waste.

La_
04-01-2013, 10:28 PM
forced is good, if it doesn't hurt
purple - 'tis how i discovered another marvelous variety of browns and blacks

so how 'bout that painting, lol, if somebody gave you a couple hundred bucks, wouldja buy it?

la

Andrewcody
04-05-2013, 01:11 AM
How much is a couple of hundred bucks these days?

roberj
04-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Well I already have a couple hundred paintings, so probably not, but I do like it. I have tried "unsuccessfully" something very similar to this a long time ago. I was trying to capture a ballet movement. I failed miserably and was going to scrape it off. The patron saw it on the easel the next morning and was thrilled so I signed it and took the money but it has haunted me ever since. this one would not haunt me, yeah it's worth the money.

AprilJoy
04-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Intriguing. With your thoughts behind it, it becomes more so.
I can see the pushing & pulling. Tearing oneself apart & playing different rolls from left to the girl looking out on the right. She's my favorite of the lot.

I like the misty weightlessness of the purple- it doesn't feel heavy or oppressive. Instead it gives a softness & the piece has a bit of playfullness about it at the same time. It's also a well rounded composition, it keeps your eyes moving around it for a bit.

La, I don't think you'll have any trouble selling it.
Even if what I said above wasn't true (but it is, of coarse), sex sells.

eyecandy2
04-09-2013, 11:20 AM
It seems that very few are able to post and they have stopped logging on to this site. Do you have any connections with the people who run this site? The software is all loused up. I guess we could all move over to "artistsnetwork". Their system works and it is the same as my work around. What say you to that?

La_
04-09-2013, 01:11 PM
i am unable to use the work-around anymore now either.
unable to pm you, phil, please email me: [email protected]

thanks

la

La_
04-09-2013, 01:38 PM
and thanks, robert and april, that's encouraging =)

la