PDA

View Full Version : Black Hunter study - finished

NeilF92
03-30-2013, 02:34 PM
Persisted for a bit longer with this 16" x12" Acrylic on canvas board study prior to a larger canvas . Looks promising for the real thing I think.
Oops ! Just noticed - I missed the pitot probe on the port wing!
One of those blue hazy days when you're not too sure if they can see to fly low level and suddenly they are coming at you out of the murk.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Mar-2013/95311-huntfina.jpg

Shamrock15
03-30-2013, 04:59 PM
Looks good Neil. I like the finish of the black. One possibility - maybe someone here can do some computer cut and past - how about moving that close left side ridge under the nose of the Hunter? That might make it a touch more dynamic, moving the plane "into" the Valley. In any case, it looks good!

NeilF92
03-30-2013, 05:41 PM
I hear what you are saying D'Arcy - valid suggestion . The way they fly through there varies so it would be quite legitimate to push the aircraft lower as you say . Something to be considered when deciding the final layout .
I can play around in photoshop .

vegaskip
03-31-2013, 07:13 AM
Nice one Neil, in the 1960's, Flag Officer Home Air Comand (FOAC) had a Green one, And in keeping with Naval tradition was still referred to as the Admiral's Barge, nick name ' The Green Parrot'
Thanks for posting.
Jim
PS they also did one in Royal Blue, again Admirals Barge.