PDA

View Full Version : Selling or advertising prohibited!

raxu
03-30-2013, 06:21 AM
For several years ago, I was on a business/pleasure trip to Nevada and Arizona with my husband. One day we ended up on a high plateau in Arizona, in the middle of nowhere, with a wonderful view to the mountains, a river flowing through the terrain. It was a bright sunny day, and I took some snapshots of the scene, and one of my husband viewing the mountains. What we found amusing was the fact there was a huge sign pointing out, selling and advertising are here prohibited. :D it was a lonesome spot, no houses/villages etc ... so we did wonder why the sign stood there :lol:.

I felt like needing to try this, as an addition to my signs series. I already spotted some weak points in this, yet would ask for your fresh view - for the next try: what should/could I do better?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Mar-2013/171274-m_IMG_8406.jpg

This is on Hahnemühle Echt-Bütten, 140 lbs, 12x16".

pjartwc
03-30-2013, 07:28 AM
What an amusing story, Raxu. What I see by first glance is a warm foreground and a cool background. Perhaps if you put a little yellow/gold color into the hills, you might like it better. Love the man, Love the sign.

Yorky
03-30-2013, 10:16 AM
Nice work Raxu, great depth in the landscape.

Doug

olliewood0702
03-30-2013, 06:59 PM
Lovely story, strange about the sign. I love your DH's posture and I agree with Jan, just a few touches of a warm in the background hills would really complete this painting. It's very lovely though.