PDA

View Full Version : ~***DAILY WASH ~ SATURDAY 30th MARCH ~ 2013***~

laudesan
03-30-2013, 01:44 AM
:wave:

Do I get blue ears?

JJ, You are doing your homework, and I can understand why you need a 4 Wheel Drive car. The Jeep should serve you well. You might have a stable economy, but I could never afford to live there. My house payment with taxes and insurance is $730 a month. Hopefully the rent includes utilities. I am now getting away with food costing me only $80 a week with steaks and/or a rump roast, because we do eat out more often. In addition, my husband is umpiring baseball games for high schools in Dallas County. Many times I'm the only one eating dinner.
We have to pay all our own utilities on top of our rent here, regardless if it is a house, or an apartment.
The food bill, was for 2 people for 3 - 4 days... Meat is expensive here, and cheap meat is just that cheap, and nasty tasting. I buy organic meat and poultry for myself, and my fish is ocean free range fish. I buy free range eggs. I don't buy bread products nor do I buy dairy products for myself.

Geoff, I will probably end up with the Vitara.

Char, I remember that photo of the big yellow truck. I sure would love to drive one, just once!!

After shopping for Elise's birthday present, making my lunch, I had a nap. :eek: I so rarely have a nana nap..

Oh well... Off to finish reading my ripper novel, so I can start on Diana Gabaldon's A Breath of Snow and Ashes..

:wave:

noge
03-30-2013, 03:24 AM
HAPPY EASTER to all of you
Finished my Job like every year - painted the last one of them this morning

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Mar-2013/148675-IMG_5532.JPG

Yorky
03-30-2013, 03:39 AM
Good morning all from sunny West Lancashire. A chilly 1C though.

Wonderful egg painting Egon, a fine tradition.

If we didn't have to carry a scooter I would be getting a smaller car, a Citroen C3 or similar. My favourite of all cars I owned was a Renault 4 over 40 years ago. A French farmer's car built on a driveable chassis with a gear lever sticking through the dashboard :) You can just spot it behind our trailer tent here:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Mar-2013/1046-Renault4.jpg

Doug

laudesan
03-30-2013, 03:51 AM
Beautiful eggs Egon.

Nice memory Doug.

Wow! Korea is at war. :(

Doris345
03-30-2013, 04:03 AM
Hello washers,

Egon, your eggs are beautiful.
JJ, I have lately become a major believer in afternoon naps. :clap: :clap:

Hi Doug. My favorite car was my first one - a 1957 Ford Skyliner Convertible. It had a regular hard top roof that retracted into the trunk. I loved that car, and it got me a lot of attention whenever I raised or lowered the roof.

Stunning ring, Bill - and I wish you another 40 years of happiness.

Char - I guesss you know that those swans can get pretty aggressive and threatening? I hope you keep far away when they are around.

Things are never dull here. We had a wonderful Seder at my Brother's on Monday, and at the time my SIL mentioned to me that she had had a bad stomache ache for a couple of days. By Friday she was in such pain she could barely think, and finally went to the doctor. Bottom line = burst appendix, surgery was last night.

Have a happy holiday to everyone who celebrates.

Doris

shipbroker
03-30-2013, 04:46 AM
Morning all...again..

Egon Beautiful eggs..great tradition..............tradition, again Doris ( Sounds like Fiddler on the Roof).......glad your Passover meal went well but appendix bursting must have been a real blow to your SIL......

Off to first Car Boot Sale of year.........getting cloudy though.

geoff

painterbear
03-30-2013, 05:24 AM
Good Morning all,
It is quarter after five in the a.m. here in still dark, still sleeping Oakwood. Nice weather forecast for today, rainy Easter tomorrow though.

Finished my Endangered Cougar painting for the Walk on the Wild Side thread in the LZ. Will post it when I finish here. I normally don't paint animals, so this was a learning experience for me. :D Now I have to find a reference to draw and have ready for my class on Monday.

Doris, Ouch, that could be very, very dangerous, glad your SIL got to the hospital in time. I'm with you on a short "reposo" in the afternoon. Helps me stay awake in the evening since I am up so early in the morning. ;)

I'm enjoying all the talk about cars ... the first one I ever drove was my Dad's Nash Rambler. Never did have a car of my own, but have enjoyed all the ones Larry and I have had through the years. :D

Geoff, I enjoyed the Shag Dance video you posted yesterday although I found the young man a bit off putting because he seldom looked at his partner and did his own thing too much rather than include her, she was just window dressing :rolleyes: I hadn't heard the term Shag Dance before...we used to call that kind of dancing a Jitterbug and I thought it was great fun to do it. :D I also enjoyed the video of Jimmy Cagney and Bob Hope that was on the same page having a "dance off". You don't think of them as primarily dancers like Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly, but boy could they dance!!!!

Egon, Those are beautifully painted eggs. Are they hollowed out first so you can keep them from year to year, or do the recipients just crack them and eat the eggs after Easter? Loved the photo of the little flowers poking through the snow.

Bill, Beautiful ring with double significance. :thumbsup:

Char, Yikes, you have a true gathering of the swans in your pond. The noise must be horrendous to say nothing of their "gifts" they leave behind on the ground.

:wave: to JJ, Doug, and all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

noge
03-30-2013, 06:15 AM
Egon, Those are beautifully painted eggs. Are they hollowed out first so you can keep them from year to year, or do the recipients just crack them and eat the eggs after Easter? Loved the photo of the little flowers poking through the snow.

Sylvia

:wave: Sylvia - the eggs from the supermarket are mostly brown with a quality stamp -
so I need a underpainting & simple acrylic (2 x) works well -
its white and seales the shell up (I dont blow it out ) - If you store it its hardley smells (sealed)
My ML has a collection over the years :music: - no problem

SquashedToad
03-30-2013, 08:11 AM
Morning everyone.

I should have taken the advice that was given to me yesterday..... To take it easy yet. Sigh. Oh well. I got lots of house cleaning done (dusting vacuuming and such which really needed to be done) but I am paying for it now. I can feel the sinus and my chest tightening up again. As such, nothing but some painting planned for today.

Going to get another cup of coffee. In the mean time... Good morning to everyone here and everyone who will be coming!

Strawberry Wine
03-30-2013, 08:26 AM
Morning Washers ! Th sun is shining Brilliantly, through the window direcetly on my monitor. Shutting blinds while I am sitting here. Ahh, that's better. But with all this sunshine I am seeing all that winter window grime. Ahh well, another week or two and I can get them done.

I think T shirts and towels will go on the line to dry today :clap:

JJ, your cost of living is much higher than ours in Ontario but similar to British Columbia. Are Hyundai or Kia vehicles available in Aus.? If so, I would look at some pre owned ones. Kathy has a 4 x 4 Kia and it is very economical to drive. I really liked my Hyundai as well.

Egon, your eggs are beautifully painted... It would be awesome to see your Mother's collection from over the years.

Sylvia, will check out your cougar painting in a few minutes.

Doris, your poor SIL, a ruptured appendix is not a quick, easy, recovery. Hope she respponds well to bombardment of antibiotics.

Bill, the ring you chose with it's double significance will be well received. Janet will be delighted.

Char, I see that Canadian Tire has Kitchen Aid has cast iron griddle/grills on sale for $50. Looks like yours and the cast aluminum one I have. Says it weighs 15 lbs. Would that be about right? We will check them out later today.

Madelaine, I am sorry that you didn't listen to our advice :) and you have had a relapse. You are not alone as not too many of us have listened to said advice But you now have a clean house to recover in. This time I know you will rest .

It is scone baking day so I am going to fill my coffee cup and get them started. I am going bake them on my new stone cookie/bar pan.

BBL

Cheers,

Gail

Uschi
03-30-2013, 08:29 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

The wind has changed from north to south/west so the 10C we are expecting should be enjoyable. Sun is shining too but below zero right now.

Playing table tennis, then grocery shopping, then I don't know.

I wouldn't mind the odd afternoon nap but I don't like the having to wake up afterwards. Takes me forever to get back to normal, I nap for 20 minutes and take an hour to wake up:lol:

Wow! Korea is at war.

Not yet JJ, thank God!!!

Egon, as every year, they are wonderful!!!

Doris, OMG, lucky lady!!

Geoff, I wonder what interesting things you found:)

Sylvia, you are a painting machine, hope you find a good reference!

Madelaine, enjoy the beautiful weather today!!

Doug, re the campsite - where are the trees and the lake:)

I'll check back in later. Have a good day!!!

:wave: Uschi

Yorky
03-30-2013, 08:41 AM
Uschi, it was the Keswick campsite in the Lake District I think.

Doug

CharM
03-30-2013, 11:07 AM
Good morning from a very Sunny Spring Day here in SW Ontario! The trees fairly exploded with buds yesterday and we can expect more of the same today... We're expecting rain for tomorrow, though... and then the temperatures will take something of a dive... So, for now, we'll just revel in the brilliant warm sunshine. We even sat out on the porch yesterday afternoon.

I just have to get my dessert made for tomorrow's dinner. My fondant filled eggs are finished and look so nice! My sandwich buns look yummy and I've put them in the freezer so we can take them out as needed.

I have no other real commitments which is kind of nice.

My poor Mother is still not feeling very well... The residents are still all quarantined until Tuesday. :(

My printer up and died. It's only a little over a year old. It's also out of warranty. Bummer. It seems that the black printhead has quit. And it's all part of a single unit that cannot be removed and cleaned separately. Talk about planned obsolescence!

I'm not sure that International is still producing that line of trucks, JJ... but you could have bought one for the price of a house... :lol:

Nancy, I didn't live in Garland but really enjoyed staying in Dallas. I travelled for my job to Garland, Texas; Tulsa, Oklahoma; Conway, Arkansas; Escobedo, Mexico; Springfield, Ohio (where I used to meet up with Sylvia); Fort Wayne, Indiana and Chicago, Illinois...

Your eggs are adorable Egon!

Wonderful camping memory, Doug!

Doris, the swans don't bother us much... they don't typically nest here, so we're really not too threatening... I hope your poor SIL is feeling much better!

Geoff, do you love to buy stuff at these boot sales or do you just like to browse??? My husband loves to bring home *finds*... :lol:

Sylvia... imagine the amount of gifting that the hundreds of thousands of swans are leaving in the water! :eek: Your cougar finished beautifully and he looks SO soft!

Madelaine, you know what to do today! :) And, happy painting!

Gail, that's a beautiful grill pan... mine are not "brand names", but nice and heavy... The Kitchen Aid looks great and I think I'll run in to get one for Jonathon (who's been wanting one forever)... And, sheesh... the winter grime! :(

Uschi, I get that nasty groggy feeling after taking a nap, too...

The box elder bugs have come back to life... :mad: And the cow birds have found their way to the feeders... but they're all signs of the spring warmth, I guess... I hope that everyone enjoys the very best possible day!

Scene Chaser
03-30-2013, 11:14 AM
Good Day All,
It's sunny and the temps will reach mid 50's F today.
A chance to work in the yard.

Thanks, ladies, for your confirmation on the ring. We men are never sure.

JJ, I remember when Australia was supposed to be a bargain for North Americans, but the exchange rate is now too lopsided.

Egon, always love to see your painted eggs. Someday we should do a egg painting challenge on WC.

Doug, my first car was a 1947 Ford with a stick shift on the floor. The starter button was on the floor next to the gas pedal. It cost $50 and got me back and forth to work for a year before I traded it in.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Mar-2013/83119-Ford.jpg

Doris,:envy: Loved the 1957 Ford Skyliner. I should have bought one but I got a job with Chrysler and bought a Barracuda instead. Would really rather have had the Skyliner, though.

Sylvia, love your cougar painting.

((Madeline)) Time to rest now.

Gail, I can smell your scones. I wish.

Uschi, do you ever play table tennis outdoors? It would be nice in the summer to play under a shade tree and then relax in a chair with a beer. :)

Char, is your mother able to come to your house for dinner?
We have Box Elder Trees (Ash leaf Maple) here but only see a few of the bugs during the summer. I think the birds eat them. I hate the smell of them. Disgusting odor.

I was able to get a ham without nitrites yesterday and already enjoyed a ham sandwich. A bacon butty is it? My favorite sandwich.

Bill

shipbroker
03-30-2013, 11:19 AM
Afternoon all......

Still bright and cold but Springlike...however the car boot sale a bit of a disappointment sizewise..Eileen bought some paperbacks and that was it..

We then went further up Wensleydale to Masham to the market....nice walk but didn't buy anything...so off down to Ripon where we bought a few odds and ends and bumped into old friends who liove locally.........so went and had a pub lunch with them, very pleasant too......

geoff

JudyL
03-30-2013, 11:58 AM
Hi :wave:
Love Saturday's :smug: SIL's parents are coming down today so they are going golfing, do not know what the rest of us will do, shopping most likely;)
Last night we went over to the kids place and had bbq and telly.

Egon the eggs are amazing! are they blown eggs? (for those who are puzzled that is an egg, hole punched in both ends, human blows at one end and the egg goes out the other) You could make some for Christmas decorations.

Doug, we went to Keswick before we left the UK and loved it, I really loved the Pencil Museum! It was a lovely place and hardly needed the car at all!

Ah :smug: bacon butty, I am just sooooo happy I found a place that sells Brit style stuff, including real British Bacon, owned by Tesco I think, I have a stash of back bacon in the freezer and for his birthday breakfast Jack ordered a Bacon Butty with an egg on top :rolleyes:

Sure there's other stuff I wanted to say but it's all gone now BBL

Flattwo
03-30-2013, 12:02 PM
Hi to All

Nice cars, Bill most people drive stick shifts here in the UK, but my next car will be an automatic

My first car was an old Vauxhall Victor, gear stick was on the steering column

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Mar-2013/3457-vauxhall-victor-fb_91531.jpg

Egon, nice eggs

JJ, more threats from North Korea, they are itching for a fight

Speak Later

Henry

kaypainter
03-30-2013, 12:48 PM
JJ what about a Subaru? I don't know if they make diesel, but most of their cars are AWD. It's what they are known for. Also they are car based chassis instead of trucks so they use less gas. Here diesel is more than regular gas so no savings. Last time I looked regular gas was 3.99 USD for regular but 4.19 for diesel.

Wow your rents are awful. And I thought LA was high.

Lynn that is so interesting that you lived in LA for awhile. Small world.

Doris glad you had a lovely seder. So sorry about your SIL. Yikes. Hope her recovery is not too horrendous.

Char now that's a . . . an elephant?

Henry that car is beautiful. My father always bought stick shifts until my mother gave him an ultimatum. She drove all the way across country in this Chevy wagon that was a dud from the get go. When they went to buy a new wagon she put her foot down and said she wanted an automatic. My father who fixed all their cars said automatics were too expensive to fix. But she got her way! That Plymouth wagon was great to drive -- 383 HP!! Step on the gas pedal and you were doing 90MPH before you said boo. But Dad taught us all to drive a stick shift. And I still drive one to this day.

Just as a side note. I remember once that Chevy had to go in the shop and they gave my mother a loaner -- it was a Packard sedan with a push button automatic. The buttons for changing gears were in the middle of the steering wheel. My mother was a little stumped as to how to work it I think. But somehow she managed it.

Okay enough with the cars.

Beautiful eggs Egon.

Feel better Madelaine.

I wouldn't mind the odd afternoon nap but I don't like the having to wake up afterwards. Takes me forever to get back to normal, I nap for 20 minutes and take an hour to wake up:lol:
Uschi
:lol: :lol:

Boy Bill if you still had that Barracuda you could sell it now for a fortune.

Well gotta get something done. Worked on jewelry yesterday. As there were no classes this week I decided I would spend that time working on jewelry anyway. Managed to make a mess of two pieces and frustrate myself for five hours. :eek: :lol: Made chicken soup later. Haven't tasted it yet, so I hope it's good.

Okay :wave: :wave: to all and HAWLTAIN

Kay

Europa
03-30-2013, 01:33 PM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!

Beautiful day here in downtown Wigan - we had visitors earlier - my son Jamie and his wife and my nephew Shaun - his wife Lisa and the four children. Mum was in her element and hugs and kisses abounded.

The bank finally sorted out the overdraft - they have let us have it for 12 months - this is after threatening to close the bank account completely....so we are ok for the moment......phew!!

Egon - those eggs are beautiful.

Char - sorry to hear your Mum isn't too good - hugs for a speedy recovery.

Doug - I drove a Renault car like you had - it was my friend Vincents - it was a nightmare with that gear stick - I kept putting it into reverse....lol.

My first car was one of these.......a Ford Cortina Mk II - mine was red.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Mar-2013/29499-cortina.jpg

but my favourite car ever was a 1960 Riley 1.5 in black......

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Mar-2013/29499-riley.jpg

It had a push button starter and a starting handle - it was a little cracker - was really sad when I had to let it go.

Geoff enjoy your car boot sale....hope you find some bargains.

Mum is doing ok - main problem is still her shoulder but her eye is doing alright - not as much pricking sensation as before.

Nothing planned for this weekend although I did get quite a bit of chocolate (again) for Easter.......yummm....have only recently finished the chocolate I got for Christmas.......lol.

Sending hugs and white light to those in need. :heart:

Waving to everyone :wave:

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

shipbroker
03-30-2013, 01:37 PM
Glad things getting sorted bankwise Pat........the car you drove of friend 'Vincent'...was that The Vincent of Westminster fame??

The Riley was a favourite small car...a neighbour had the Wolsley version and she took her son & I to school in it during the winter months....and I was allowed to drive it once,in latter years, to take her husband to band practice..............ahhhhhhh memories!

geoff

Just read Henrys comment about Korea.......when we were in Pusan/Busan on a coach trip a lady asked why all the roads were double width and was told that was to land their planes on 'when the North attacked' which they were sure would happen.....also all the power stations and power lines are underground as are many market areas which would make ideal bomb shelters........Myself,don't think China & Russia would let them.........

Flattwo
03-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Geoff, that is interesting, I could say something about the one or two roads here, but better not!

Leslie, if you are reading, unfortunately I cannot make it to the concert tonight, my wife is feeling unwell, I was so looking forward to it, and I bought a ticket, good luck tonight!

Henry

shipbroker
03-30-2013, 02:52 PM
Henry..sorry things not too good at home again..((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))).

Many years ago I was in the Air Scouts and we stayed on various RAF bases in Britain and Northern Ireland...one question we got was what determines the height of the bridges on Britains Motorways?"..........Answer, The height of the tailplane of the current UK largest fighter/bomber, at that time it was the Javelin which we had based locally at Thornaby.....so it had to be able go under motorway bridges if required.........same scheme as on the early autobahns in Germany in the 30's................

geoff

Flattwo
03-30-2013, 03:29 PM
Thanks Geoff, Lesley has good and bad days, she has been through the mill recently

Talking about aircraft, a bloke in Glasgow is selling original Acrylic paintings really cheap

One is of a very odd looking German plane, see below

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/acrylic-painting-of-bv141-mk9b-asymmetric-aircraft--original-artwork-not-a-print/1013739608

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/acrylic-painting-of-lockheed-f104-starfighter-original-artwork-not-a-print/1013738292

Henry

olliewood0702
03-30-2013, 03:40 PM
Hi there folks,

I'm inbetween cooking/baking. Dessert for tomorrow and a jello dish. I've been typing up our itinerary for our up-coming trip. I'm an organized person so I like everything written down; it's easier to follow. Larry suggested it would be good too...so maybe I'm rubbing off on him.:crossfingers: :D He's NOT the most organized person in the world....not even close.:rolleyes:

It's been great seeing everybodies first car's. Ours was purchased together when we were dating. A 1961 Ford Mustang; two door stick shift on the floor...dark green in color, and rusted out pretty good.(pic is just for the style) Our plan was we were going to fix it up. Not gonna happen....a huge buck (deer) decided to fun into the side of it and crunch it all up. We never had it long after that; we then bought a Oldsmobile cutlass.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Mar-2013/20956-1961_ford_mustang.jpg

Egon, as usual your Easter eggs are beautiful; too pretty to eat!

I hope you all have a GREAT day and a very HAPPY EASTER!
:wave: :heart:

WthrLady
03-30-2013, 03:51 PM
Hey all.
We've been up and back down the mountain today. I got some great floral photos for the RIL. SO check back later for those.

Near 80 today and the pollen has my skin crawling and my sinus exploding.

I'm prowling for a new truck to JJ. We'll see.

Here's my first car. The owner had purchased it new in 1970 (when I was born) and I purchased it from her, my great grandmother.

Automatic, power NOTHING - except what was under that hood! Vroom !
1971 Dodge Dart in Olive Green

OC to get it started on those COLD mornings I had to shove a screwdriver in the buttfly valve and spray in starter fluid. LOL!

http://www.autogush.com/images/dodge-dart-1971-02.jpg

Flattwo
03-30-2013, 03:56 PM
Great Cars Darla and Caryl!

LOL at the screwdriver Caryl, I had a hammer under the drivers seat to hit the starter motor on one of my cars

Henry

Yorky
03-30-2013, 04:12 PM
Really good seeing everyone's first cars. Cars are such a big part of our lives, we spend a lot of time in them.

Sorry to hear the Lesley is not feeling too good today Henry. Pity about the concert.

Good news from the bank finally Pat :thumbsup:

Doug

shipbroker
03-30-2013, 04:44 PM
One is of a very odd looking German plane, see below

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/acrylic-painting-of-bv141-mk9b-asymmetric-aircraft--original-artwork-not-a-print/1013739608

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/acrylic-painting-of-lockheed-f104-starfighter-original-artwork-not-a-print/1013738292

Henry

How can he put such a low price on those|???

geoff

doppler
03-30-2013, 04:50 PM
Happy Easter everyone.

Sorry for my absence. Too exhausted. We have been so busy cleaning up the garden before the next lot of rain, expected today (Sunday). Still some to go .... :rolleyes:

Also spending time in discussion with each other. Which is me composing "Honey Do lists" (thanks for that term, Darla :thumbsup: ) and Roger planning other stuff that he wants to do. :lol: My list will come second. Roger was unceremoniously terminated at his work on Thursday. No fault of his. The CEO ... words fails me. His students and other staff were gobsmacked and devastated. He is an excellent teacher (aviation) with a knack of simplifying difficult concepts.

Roger is somewhat relieved for himself but sad for the students. It's also not quite the way he wanted to retire.

At least he is not working all week and then again at the weekend.

Better be off. Gallery sitting today and I need to plan something to paint.

shipbroker
03-30-2013, 05:08 PM
Annie/Roger........

OUCH!

geoff

Flattwo
03-30-2013, 05:08 PM
Geoff, he emailed to say say that the odd looking plane was down to £5 :confused: desperate times!

Annie, that is a shocking way that Roger has been treated :eek: I hope things work out ok in the end

Henry

Yorky
03-30-2013, 05:22 PM
(((Annie & Roger))) What an awful thing to happen.

My first one on Ebay (The colourful cabbage) sold for £10.

Doug

Scene Chaser
03-30-2013, 05:59 PM
Henry, sorry to hear DW is not feeling well.

Darla, You might mean a 1971 Mustang as it was not made until 1964. I had a 1968 Mustang and wish I still had it. It was not that well made, though. But, I loved its style.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Mar-2013/83119-Mustang.jpg

((Roger/Annie)) I know about not wanting to retire on someone else’s terms. He will learn to cook?

Doug, congrats on the sale.

Worked in the yard. Feels good.
Bill

Yorky
03-30-2013, 06:01 PM
Bill, that Ebay sale was about 10 years ago. I stopped using Ebay shortly afterwards.

Doug

doppler
03-30-2013, 06:08 PM
Thanks guys. All will be OK. We are financially secure. I just worry about what he will do. No Bill :lol:

One little giggle. He just submitted a Dangerous Goods course to CASA for the school, which will be approved he was told with him as the designated instructor. Said CEO is going to face a nightmare of paperwork changing that.

Better get off my patootie and get moving.

olliewood0702
03-30-2013, 06:27 PM
Well Annie, Roger will join the retired ranks now...hope he'll find something to keep him busy...yes cooking would be good.:evil: or maybe cleaning.

Bill, you may be right...wasn't too sure of the year.:rolleyes:

Dessert made....jello made...might paint this evening while listening to something....like peace and quiet.:lol: Larry had to take the girls to a concert in Detroit. He had volunteered a while ago and didn't want to go today as it's a wasted day for him. Three teenage girls and screaming kids, loud music...he took earplugs. He left at 1:30 and who knows when he'll get home. SO....I'm enjoying the peace and quiet for a few hours. I so seldom get it.

I had to run to the neighboorhood grocer for an item I needed and had to take Larry's truck...he has my car. What a treat...NOT!:D :confused: I hope I didn't look as goofy as I felt...but probably did.

G'night!!:wave:

laudesan
03-30-2013, 07:17 PM
LOL at the screwdriver Caryl, I had a hammer under the drivers seat to hit the starter motor on one of my cars

HenryOh my gosh, you reminded me, I had a hammer under the seat of my Hillman Avenger, not for the starter motor, but to give the bushes a tickle up...

(((((((Henry's Lesley)))))))

Annie (((((Roger)))))

got to run, must have shower and get dressed before Tania picks me up for BBQ at Mandy's..

JudyL
03-30-2013, 09:46 PM
So sorry about Rodger, hope the jerk who let him go lives to regret his decision!

Wow I did not need tools to start my DKW just needed help backing up

mustache soccer

WthrLady
03-31-2013, 12:35 AM
I kept a ball hammer in the trunk too, to pound out hail dents. My dad still rides me about that! Ahhh when cars where still made out of metal and you could actually work on them at home!

The last time I changed out the battery of my truck, I needed an IT tech!

Yorky
03-31-2013, 02:32 AM
So sorry about Rodger, hope the jerk who let him go lives to regret his decision!
I retired early with redundancy and the boss rang me the following week asking me to name my price to work as a consultant on computerised reports. He didn't know one end of a keyboard from the other. I refused. :lol:

Doug

Flattwo
03-31-2013, 09:31 AM
Nice one Doug!

CharM
03-31-2013, 12:42 PM
((Annie and Roger)) It's amazing how these decisions that are made for you can change the direction of your life... My thoughts are certainly with you!