PDA

View Full Version : Nightime with the Owl

Pat K.
03-27-2013, 12:10 PM
Hi everyone,

It's been forever since I posted on here because I haven't really been working on my art at all. Well, recent negative (to say the least) developments in my life have caused me to start again; if not for my enjoyment, then to occupy my brain.. Here's a little painting I did over the course of two evenings. Conte crayon (18 set) on dark blue Sansfix sanded paper. Sorry for the poor picture quality, i t was taken with my phone. Comments and criticism, as before, are very very welcome. Thanks guys,

Pat

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Mar-2013/1099472-Owl.JPG

pastel65
03-27-2013, 02:14 PM
Well here's to "in with the positives" and out with the negatives. Great painting and amazing that you got all that detail done in 2 nights. I use my cell to snap pictures also since my new camera requires a 12 yr old to figure out how to download pictures "wirelessly". I know I am getting old when I complain about items coming with 5 or 6 buttons that can accomplish over 1000 different things and of course no written instructions since manuals are all online. So what that the print on the label is so tiny I cannot read the model # to see which manual to get.
Keep posting. WC users are a great support system.

Pam

Mado
03-27-2013, 02:51 PM
It looks great even with a poor photo quality, so it must be just terrific in real.
I like the mood : the night, the owl, the moon, the snow.
You invite us in a fairy tale, at the uncomfortable moment....things will be brighter later on.Sure it will be the same for you.
Keep up with the good job and thanks for sharing.

Turpintine45
03-27-2013, 05:37 PM
Well he looks very severe maybe your guardian against the negative forces! Nicely done I like the moonlit look. Hope things start to get better for you soon.

Joyful_Artwork
03-27-2013, 07:56 PM
beautiful work- love the owls expression

Pat K.
03-28-2013, 09:51 AM
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your kind words and support.

Mado, thanks. The snow is actually supposed to be clouds, though.

Turpinitine45, thanks. Unfortunately, it's not meant as a guardian, but rather a gift to a lost love. My ex girlfriend of three years loves owls, and our apartment was full of owl stuff when we were together. We just went through probably one of the worst splits possible, and it was all i could do to feel like she was still there..

Thanks again guys..

pastel65
03-28-2013, 10:03 AM
Clearly a difficult time for you. Keep painting and sharing. Pam

bnoonan
03-28-2013, 12:14 PM
so much detail... great work! Barb

Pat K.
03-29-2013, 02:43 PM
Thanks everyone, I'm glad you all like it.