PDA

View Full Version : ***Daily Wash Tuesday March 26 2013****

Lulu
03-26-2013, 12:07 AM
Hi everyone:wave:
and welcome to the newcomers too! nice to see you joining in the wash.

This time in 21 days we will be winging our way through the skies to Abu Dhabi and our family :clap: :clap: :clap: Can you tell I'm excited?? :D
Lots to do though in preparation still....

A lovely day here, got quite warm in the afternoon, cooling down again in the evening now, very pleasant weather if you aren't farming....

John texted me at 3.30 pm to say that he was sitting on top of the world:D Am looking forward to him getting home and hearing how the walk went. He'll be a tad tired I think....but at 70 he's fitter than ever, I have to say.

Enjoy your day everyone:wave:

laudesan
03-26-2013, 02:06 AM
:wave:

21 days Lulu, oh my, that will go so fast!!!

Beautiful day here too.

I had to take my bike back to the shop, the gears were slipping in low gear. Seems that when I had the levers moved forward some, so I could see what gear I was in, the lever was pinching something. All fixed now.. I was going to take it out, but I am waiting for a phone call. Of well later.. :-)

shipbroker
03-26-2013, 02:57 AM
Morning ladies and all following........

Just getting my thermals out for a round of golf as somewhat chilly out there,so back later.

geoff

Yorky
03-26-2013, 03:32 AM
Good morning all from a chilly West Lancashire. 0C again but at least it is dry and yes, I do see a little blue in the cloud cover. No sign of a let-up from these east winds from Russia. You will certainly need your thermals Geoff.

Three week Lulu! Yes it is quite a climb up that mountain, John will be tired. We gave up at the observation tower.

Wonderful that your tiny Lemon tree is fruiting JJ. I thought about getting some "knee high" apple trees to grow in containers.

Ruth's physio this morning and I will take my hearing aid in for a service.

Doug

Lulu
03-26-2013, 03:39 AM
Hi Geoff,

Hi Gorki :lol:

Yes it is quite a climb up that mountain, John will be tired.

Yes, was a good day but he's tired, have just heard him arranging to work on Thursday instead of tomorrow:) I suggested it and he didn't say no ;)
He didn't say no to a second helping of pudding either! :D

Your lemon tree will need lots of watering JJ, otherwise the flesh will be dry.

We have a surplus of tomatoes at the moment, will make tomato soup tomorrow and freeze it.

Better go and tidy the kitchen after dinner.

laudesan
03-26-2013, 03:55 AM
Your lemon tree will need lots of watering JJ, otherwise the flesh will be dry.
.The hand of God, has been doing a super job, but I also make sure he has plenty of water. There are two more lemons getting big, and several baby ones just starting out. If they come to fruition, I can make lemon butter..:thumbsup:

Have fun golfing Geoff.

Have a good day Doug, I hope Ruth's physio is troublesome free. :heart: I have had that tree, in that pot, for over 10 years. :-D

StewGold
03-26-2013, 04:04 AM
There's always tomato ketchup to make with a surplus

http://theordinarycook.co.uk/2010/09/20/tomato-ketchup/

That's almost Hugh Fearley Whittinstalls recipe. I've made it a few times, so much less sugar than in the commercial stuff. I was even lazier. I peeled the tomatoes and deseeded them before weighing them, added mustard seeds and garlic to the pan, and whizzed the lot with a stick blender, mustard seeds and all when it was cooked. I did 20 kilos at a time, as that's what fitted in the jelly pan. Kept in a dark cupboard those bottles of sauce/ketchup lasted me all year

All the best, Leslie

Lulu
03-26-2013, 04:25 AM
I also make sure he has plenty of water.

How do you know it's a boy.......:D

Thanks for the link Leslie, wonderful cooking website! The soup recipe there is better than mine, so will get the bacon out of the freezer and use that.
I don't bother to peel the tomatoes any more, I used to, but if you are going to put it all into the food processor why bother?

doppler
03-26-2013, 06:14 AM
Lulu, three weeks only ? On tenterhooks. :)

JJ I stopped riding bikes after Uni days. It was my main form of transport then and in Melbourne :rolleyes:

Dad helped me buy my first car. Two hundred dollars and it was my savings. A ford Prefect ... Sorry PERFECT. Dad hand painted it muted green because that was what he had in his workshop. Taught me how to strip the carburettor at a moments notice, the petrol thingy, fuel line, It did had a habit of strangulation . I still remember being incapacitated over the tram lines in Melbourne and only the tram driver helped me push the car out of the rude and honking traffic . Quick strip of the carburettor and we were on our way.:thumbsup: I miss that that three geared car. It did have one in reverse too.

OK I am plotting modern times. :cool:

Hap, HAPPY :heart:

Stew, growing the stuff is GOOD. I'm impressed with your plantings. My husband, ever the traditionalist POM, wanted a greenhouse. Speak frying. It may do better in winter. OK it was the wrong season. :rolleyes:

Off to bed now :wave:

laudesan
03-26-2013, 06:36 AM
How do you know it's a boy.......:D ;-) He told me..

Annie, what a wonderful memory :thumbsup: My first car was a Hillman Avenger, which was affectionately called Revenger. It was a metallic British Racing Green colour. I loved that car...

My Dad didn't even change his own car tires.. (blush) and he a farmer and all..:D

Strawberry Wine
03-26-2013, 07:57 AM
Good Morning Washers!

Weather remains the same here but not as cold as Doug and Geoff and no new snow, so can't complain.

Leslie, that is a LOT of Ketchup ! I still have a bag of last summer's tomatoes in the freezer frozen whole with the skins on. I will be taking them out soon and making a final batch of Salsa.

Lulu 21 days ! I am excited for you. I don't peel the tomatoes either.

JJ, this may come as a surprise to you but Boy Lemon Trees don't make Baby Lemons. :) :D :) Glad the shop fixed your bike promptly as you paid enough for it.

Need another coffee. Be back in a bit.

Cheers,

Gail

Uschi
03-26-2013, 08:09 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!

-1C now but going up to 6C and we are supposed to get some sunshine and the North wind will spoil everything:lol:

Excitement for today - I am going out for our bi-monthly lunch with friend Lynn.

Lulu, days are flying by!!! How long are you going to stay there???

JJ, won't be long now and tires will be pumped up on my bike. I hope to cycle more this summer, last year was sooooo hot I didn't ride very far.

:wave: to Doug, Geoff, Leslie, Annie and all yet to come!!! Best wishes for those of you who are not feeling well.

Uschi

painterbear
03-26-2013, 08:42 AM
Good Morning all,
It is just past 8:30 a.m. on another snowy morning in Oakwood. I see some lazy snowflakes falling slowly outside the window as I type this. Here are a couple of photos of what it looked like yesterday morning (and again this morning):

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Mar-2013/9833-snowtrees.jpghttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Mar-2013/9833-snowbushes.jpg

Larry measured when he went out to shovel the driveway and said we got about 4.5" of snow...now there may be another inch on top of that since yesterday. We are about 20+F below our normal temps for this time of year.:(

Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HAP! Hope you had a wonderful day celebrating it. :D

Annie, Sounds like the kind of first car kids should have. :thumbsup: for your Dad teaching you the rudiments of keeping it running too. :D

Lulu, Your John and my Larry sounds like kindred spirits! Hope they both continue to have good health to enjoy their physical "hobbies". ;)

:wave: to all who were here before me and to those still on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

CharM
03-26-2013, 08:56 AM
Good morning! It's another grey day and I'm yearning for a little sunshine and green grass. A little snow is on the way and should flurry by tomorrow...

I need to be out the door soon as it's my turn to go to my Student's home for our painting session... actually, we've been honing our drawing skills and my sketchbook is getting a workout.

Both Classes yesterday worked on Split Primary colour wheels. The theory can be confusing, but I think we made some progress. I've always been a skeptic of sorting colour by temperature, preferring to recognize it's bias instead. Anyway, both sessions were good and learning these theories never hurt anyone!

Wow, Lulu... only three weeks... it's SO exciting! Fresh tomato soup sounds absolutely delicious! ((John))

JJ, sorry that your nice new bike has been giving you problems... I was going to say the same thing as Gail about your tree... :lol:

I hope you were able to play a great round, Geoff!

Doug, there are commercial orchards here that are planted with those iddy biddy trees! When they come to fruit, it's amazing to see how loaded their branches are!

Hi Leslie... that looks like a nice recipe for ketchup... We put up a lot of tomatoes each year, also, in various forms... I do small batch canning, so I can put up a few jars every couple of days and it doesn't feel like I've been slaving over the stove... :)

Your heart had to have been pounding like crazy before you got help, Annie! :eek:

:wave: Gail and Uschi... and all yet to come... I need to get things in gear 'cause I've been online too long... Please have yourselves the very best possible day!

We x-posted Sylvia - all I can say is :eek: Don't you DARE send it this way!

LynnM
03-26-2013, 09:04 AM
:wave: Good day all! Warmer here than Britain too, hope the wind stays down.

Have to get some of my prints together and mat them for the gallery, they are just sitting in a drawer and might as well be out there. I got the clear envelopes yesterday in the mail so finally can make up proper packages.

I have discovered Michael Connelly's books, am enjoying them very much....our little library in the laundry room has some interesting things!

JJ, I learned to drive in a Hillman, it had the little wings that flipped out when you were signalling a turn, very modern for the day. I never actually owned a vehicle until I bought my little red truck (Nissan) in the late 80's. Loved the truck for carrying around large art works, moving furniture.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAP!!!!

Nice snow, Sylvia, but I'm so glad it's not here :)

That's a good recipe site, Leslie, thanks!

I hope all have a rewarding day! :grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

olliewood0702
03-26-2013, 09:12 AM
Well Happy Tuesday; another dull, gray day. Not too windy but COLD. No snow though.

I've got work to do on my desk so will not linger here.

I hope you all have a most wonderful day and are able to do something you enjoy.

Sending hugs to all in need.:grouphug:

I've read all your posts but don't have time to comment on every one.

G'DAY!:wave: :heart:

***THE SUN IS OUT NOW!!***:clap: :thumbsup: :cool:

DaveCrow
03-26-2013, 09:42 AM
Good day all! It is supposed to be spring but we got a dusting of snow overnight. The sun is shining now so I don't complain.

Just a few degrees warmer and plein air season will start again.

Cheers,
Dave

Uschi
03-26-2013, 09:43 AM
Sylvia, enough already:rolleyes:

Lynn, you are in for a treat because he has already written many books for you to catch up on. Our library carries him and I am sure yours will too. Kay introduced me to him and I think Sylvia has read all of his books too. I used to look forward to going to bed with Harry Bosch:evil: :lol: Now I am reading all of Harlan Coben's books, he has written a lot of them too.

Hi Gail, Char and Darla!!!

Uschi

Yorky
03-26-2013, 09:49 AM
Well, the sun is shining and things are warming up out of the wind - 9C now :thumbsup:

Hi Dave where do you live? Why not go to MyWC and edit your profile?

Doug

Strawberry Wine
03-26-2013, 10:24 AM
Well I have cleaned the filter on the fish tank, fed the canary his lettuce, played around in photo shop, watered a few plants. Played find the phone and take it to Dan with Pearl for 5 minutes or so. She loves this game so I keep it short and fun. The goal is for her to eventually go looking for the handset phone and bring it to the person asking for it. We are using a old discarded phone for practice. :) I then needed a bit of a sit down so here I am back again.

Wanted to show you what I did at Sunday's workshop. We all painted the Calla Lilies and experimented with backgrounds. We had several options, from a very light vignette, (sp?) to traditional, to a fluid acrylic one. I chose the acrylic. It was fun, fast and easy and no masking fluid was needed. For fun, I created a border with the masking tape. Here is my end result. It is not as wonky as it appears.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Mar-2013/13320-Calla_Lily_cropped_for_web.jpg

Sylvia, keep the snow please... we still have plenty on the ground.... I am :) because when we get a snowstorm of only 4 or 5 inches, we think we got off easy.

:wave: to Dave With a dusting of snow overnight do you live in the US, England or Canada? You are not showing your countrie's flag so I am guessing.

Uschi, enjoy your lunch. Our flag is barely moving so not much of a wind here today.

Doug, dwarf apple trees sound like a great idea... Check with your nursery though because your winters might be too cold for container planting.

Time to shower and do a few more chores.

BBL

Cheers,

Gail

WthrLady
03-26-2013, 10:50 AM
OO Gail that's pretty!
Sylvia - I know it's the tree trunk, but you look like you have a creepy dark ghost lady moping about the garden.

We hit 31' last night. The first time we fell below freezing all winter. I know it wasn't enough to kill off any bugs, because the slightest bit of cover and it was above freezing. The garlic was all nice and tucked in last night. I'm hoping to harvest before we leave.

Have a great day everyone!

LynnM
03-26-2013, 11:32 AM
Thanks for that update on Connelly's books, Uschi. No wonder you like Harry, he has an artistic name after all (Hieronymus Bosch for those unfamiliar with him)!

That's a beautiful painting, Gail! the background is interesting....how did you do it without masking? Just wet the paper selectively and apply pigment?

Welcome Dave!

The sun has got this far too, Darla!!

Flattwo
03-26-2013, 11:38 AM
Hi to All

3 oC here at the moment

Gail that is a super painting, the background suits the white flowers

Good news, my wifes bone scan did not show up anything sinister, but her pain issue has still got to be addressed.

A nice fat painting cheque arrived this morning, I'm off to spend it! a present for the Mrs maybe

Speak later

Henry

kaypainter
03-26-2013, 12:57 PM
Haven't posted for a few days. Things just seemed to get away from me. Wanted to work on my jewelry, but didn't. Must get some items cleaned up for the student art show. I just heard last Friday in class that they are accepting jewelry. I thought it was just painting and sculpture/ceramics, so I wasn't going to bother. Now I have to decide what to enter. Decisions, decisions.

Happy Belated Birthday, Hap! Next up is your anniversary if I'm not mistaken.

Congrats Uschi on your medal :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: Way to go. Sorry they can't fix the artery. Is that what is causing the blood pressure drops?

And lots of congrats Gail on your results. Sooooo happy for you. :clap: :clap: :clap: What a relief. Love the starkness of your painting. The black really makes the callas pop. I've discovered that my little Canon causes flat objects like paintings to look like they've been photographed with a fish eye lens if I photograph them from the wrong distance.

Sylvia and Caryl interesting about Dayton and the flood. Sort of the same thing used to happen to the Los Angeles River. All of the LA basin is a flood plain where it used to be able to just spread out and cover the basin with lovely soil. Not so lovely if you build all over it. The Army Corps of Engineers turned it into a concrete flood channel. Most people don't even realize there is a river in LA. :lol: There is a conservancy group trying to restore parts of it back to a river. Now there are some lovely park/hiking trails/picnic areas.

Uh oh, Lynn you will become addicted. I'm still waiting for the new Michael Connelly from the library. I started at number 1000 something on the wait list. I'm up to 400 something. It's only been three months! I'm now reading a Robert Crais.

(((((Pat)))) So sorry about the bank woes and your friend Sheila's SIL. Too young.

Congrats Henry on another sale!

Woohoo Lulu 21 sleeps should go lickety split! Oh and the new member could be Canadian as well, no?

And welcome to Dave and Medings and Calurix!

Okay gotts get off here and get some work done.

HAWLTAIN and sunshine wishes too! :wave: :wave:

Kay

wcartistsr
03-26-2013, 01:26 PM
Munching some lunch here. We have been out to watercolor class. I didn't get a lot done, but did get some advise on the background on my painting. Now I will see if I take it :)

Off to the accountant this pm for tax time. Some ham BBQ sandwiches and veggies for dinner, so easy.

Henry, so glad your wife's bone scan came out well. Hope she can find a resolution for the pain.

Uschi, hope you can find something to relieve the leg if they cannot fix the artery.

Gail, your painting is beautiful. A lovely glow and the dark BG really shows it off.

Gray here today, but no snow. Spring will come.

Shirley

shipbroker
03-26-2013, 01:41 PM
Gail.......Love the Calla Lilies...very Easter.

Just thawing through after the golf......

geoff

Yorky
03-26-2013, 01:49 PM
Congratulations on the sales Henry. Hope your wife can find a solution to her pain.

Lovely lilies Gail.

Doug

JudyL
03-26-2013, 01:57 PM
Ok first cars, I may stump you all! My Dad brought home a car for me, I still don't know where he got them (the first one he brought home did not last a week before he took it back)
It was a German car a DKW 4 speed on the column, I had to put out board motor oil in the gas tank when filling up. It was a 2 cycle engine, and I got lots of rude comments from gas station attendants (that dates me :eek: )

It took me a while to figure out how to put it in reverse, so I would put it in neutral, open the door and pushed it back with my foot. Dad was not impressed, so had to teach me how to get it in reverse.
It was not a bad car in the end, bit of a problem when one of the gas guys forgot to put the cap back on and water got in the gas, had to call Dad at
2 am from Mel's Diner.

That is when he got me a Volvo ;)

Off to shopping with DD & DGD at The Roseville Galleria :smug:

LynnM
03-26-2013, 02:08 PM
Good news, Henry, I hope they can do something about the pain :crossfingers:

Kay, I thought that middle pendant, the very abstract triangular one, was a winner! (in post #33 on March 19 Wash). Go for it!

:lol: Great story, Judy, that definitely trumps my flying Hillman!

Meant to say earlier, Uschi, I'm sorry the investigation into your problems with the leg didn't help much. Very frustrating, I am sure, not to know why something is happening.

Happy painting, Shirley!

Wind Song
03-26-2013, 02:08 PM
Hi Everyone:wave:

Happy Birthday Hap!!!

Uschi Congrats on the medal!

Gail Super painting! This morning I was working on a 24" X 24" Macro Hibiscus in oil!

Just arrived home from painting downtown and my body is not happy!:lol:

Have a great one!

Scene Chaser
03-26-2013, 02:24 PM
((JJs Bike))

Hi Doug!

Leslie, great recipes! Thanks!

I have added Michael Connelys books to my Wish List on Amazon.

JJ, this may come as a surprise to you but Boy Lemon Trees don't make Baby Lemons. :) :D :)

But you won't get baby lemons without them. :)

Gorgeous painting, Gail.

Henry, Glad your wife is doing well. Such good news. Nice to spend your art money for a gift for your wife.

Kay, by all means, enter the art show. Your jewelry is spectacular!

Going to recycle and a little shopping soon.

Bill

Uschi
03-26-2013, 04:43 PM
Henry, congratulations from me too and WONDERFUL news about your wife's scan plus (((()))) for her because of the pain.

Gail - an absolutel BEAUTY!!!!!!!!

Kay, your jewlery is VERY unique and beautiful!!!!!!!

re the narrowed artery in my leg - truthfully I was quite relieved that it was something natural and not plaque and colesterol caused by my sinful behaviour:lol: Aches and pains happen as we get older, the hip replacement certainly added its share. But, it is what it is. It has nothing to do with my blood pressure which, by the way, goes way up when I am nervous or excited and served me well during the championship:lol:

Char, my friend Rita's friend recently had her hip replaced and guess what, problems with the muscles:rolleyes:

So, we have found another subject matter for story telling:) :thumbsup: and on the subject all I have to say Judy and Lynn, spoiled brats, having a car bought for you:envy:

I mentioned before that my husband and I bought a Jaguar (first car) . If I had it now it would be worth a fortune but at the time it was old - leather seats, wood dashboard, large headlights and wheels with spokes. Every time we took it out on a weekend to Epping Forest one of the spokes would come loose and puncture the tire. We got rid of that in a hurry, moved to Germany for two years and bought a Beetle there.

Judy, your story reminded me of the time our Beetle (in Canada) had ignition problems and every time I needed to get it started after work, I would push it (by myself), jump in and off I went:lol:

Sharon, don't forget to show us your oil!!

Been invited our for supper:thumbsup:

:wave: Uschi

Flattwo
03-26-2013, 05:18 PM
Uschi, I love these old Jaguars, especially with the spoked wheels, my brother in law has had one parked in his garage for years!

I used to have a Ford Lotus Cortina MK2 similar to the one shown below but with spoked wheels, this one is selling for 22,500 :eek:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Mar-2013/3457-473371.jpg

Henry

Strawberry Wine
03-26-2013, 05:32 PM
Quick pop in before we start dinner.

Lynn, Because the fluid acrylic is so easy to control and doesn't bleed into the watercolour I used a fine pointed brush for the tight spots, a number 10 for around the flower and a 3/4 inch angle brush for the rest. I used the painters tape for the white inside border and pressed it down hard.

Sharon, I am still feeling the adverse effects of the 5 hour Sunday workshop. Please post your painting here for us to see when it is done.

Bill, :) I guess there must be boy and girl blossoms!

Henry, :thumbsup: on the fat cheque.

Uschi, our first car was an MGB. It was the car that I learned to use a clutch and stick shift.... It did not like our winters but it was so much fun to drive in the summer. We sold it and got some kind of Big Chevy when Mark was born

Time to start dinner.

Cheers,

Gail

LynnM
03-26-2013, 06:01 PM
Oh well, Uschi, it was my dad's car! I was just learning to drive it.... definitely, didn't own a car till I was in my 40's.

Gail, that was the car I always wanted, only an MG6 I think, my prof had one and I thought he was pretty cool :)

Sharon, great that you are getting so much painting done!

Nice car, Henry!

Yes, Bill, he is good, I'm about to start my third one, don't know why I never found him before, I used to haunt the Mystery shelves at the library.

shipbroker
03-26-2013, 06:05 PM
...............some nice cars there..........my first was a 1937 Austin 10.....

geoff

ps. Forgot to mention have spent all night wiping and reloading Google Earth as it has decided to crash within 30 seconds of screen on. Thousands appear to have this as a problem too. I can get it on my iPod Touch no bother.

G

WthrLady
03-26-2013, 07:03 PM
Meyer lemon trees don't need a BOY tree :D They are self pollinating.

Helped moved 16 cubic feet of wet concrete today. Asprin time!

Lulu
03-26-2013, 08:22 PM
Hello to you all on this warm sunny Wednesday afternoon in NZ:wave:

Apart from a bit of leg stiffness John doesn't feel any after effects from his long hike:thumbsup:

The painting is just gorgeous Gail!

Kay, yes I nearly included Canada, but wasn't 100% sure.:)

Uschi, we will be away nearly 4 weeks. :thumbsup: They have got all sorts of things planned for us (with plenty of rest days too). The first w/end we are there we will go to Oman, another night we are going camping in the desert, going to a camel market, etc etc. All totally new experiences in an area we wouldn't have otherwised travelled to. Well not for such a length of time anyway. LOTS of photo opportunities hopefully!
We are taking with us many NZ treats that they are longing for (Marmite's one of them lol) and also a NZ Black Cap cricket shirt for our dil's driver, he's just crazy about cricket and NZ!

I have made the soup, combining the recipe from Leslie's link, and my own.
I oven roasted the tomatoes and garlic first, and also added bacon to my recipe. Have had some for lunch and I have to say it is very yum and more-ish!

Henry, so glad your wife's bone scan showed nothing sinister.

Better go and clean up my kitchen mess :wave:

NancyR
03-26-2013, 08:30 PM
Quick hello from Texas. We are going to warm up to 60s by tomorrow. My tender annuals survived the two freezes. Tomorrow I will be able to move them back in place.

I did not get my first car until 1973. It was a 12 year old Oldsmobile F85. The trunk was rusted out, and we had to put plywood in it so that I could use it. When it rained in Gainesville, Florida & St. Petersburg, Florida, the windshield leaked. It had a "Budman" sticker on the front bumper. We paid $200 for it and sold it five years later for $200. Every time you hit the brakes and came to a complete stop there was a loud thump. The transmission never fell out, and it ran like a top.

Had my chest x-ray and had to wait over an hour. I finally went up to the receptionist, and I immediately was taken in after that. It took all of 10 minutes to get my x-rays. Tomorrow we have the funeral of a coworker's husband to attend. Then I will go see my mother.

Do not have time to answer everyone, but I read each and every entry. Welcome to the newbies. It is a great website.

kaypainter
03-26-2013, 08:45 PM

Where's the fun in that? :evil:

Well I submitted 4 pieces. The two pendants and the cuff you saw before plus I finished this one to add to them:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Mar-2013/130068-Moonscape_Pendant_3.jpeg

I call this my Moonscape Pendant. :lol: :lol: I wonder why?

I forgot to say Char if you want to get touchy feely with the jewelry you'll have to come to California or . . . I guess I'd have to go to Ontario?

And for those who've asked about the web series -- nothing's been shot yet. For those who do Facebook you could like us ( and who doesn't need to be liked!) over there which may help get things off the ground (so to speak :lol: ):
https://www.facebook.com/moonbound24

Kay

Strawberry Wine
03-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Lynn, MG were MGB or Midget... I guess there was a MGA at some point. Triumph had a TR6 and a TR7/

Caryl, thanks for sexing JJ's tree for us .... So if there is no male Meyer lemon tree and they are self polinating I would think that is the same as having both male and female blossoms on the single tree. Similar to cucumbers, melons and pumpkins etc.

Kay, Moonscape is stunning. !

Lulu, you will need a vacation when you return home. :) What exciting adventures you will be experiencing.

I am getting sleepy so see you in my morning.

Cheers,

Gail

laudesan
03-26-2013, 10:00 PM
JJ, this may come as a surprise to you but Boy Lemon Trees don't make Baby Lemons. :) :D :)

JJ, I was going to say the same thing as Gail about your tree... :lol:

But you won't get baby lemons without them. :)

Bill, :) I guess there must be boy and girl blossoms!

You mean my tree has been holding out on me :eek: The cheek of it... I won't let on I know, until that little hermaphrodite has finished fruiting eh! He/she may drop all his/her fruit in a sulk. I think I will name my tree SHIM I do think his male side is more dominant though. ;-)

Lynn, I have read a couple of Michael Connelly's books. I enjoyed them. I remember those Cars with the "wings" Gosh that takes me back..

Neat snow photos Sylvia..

Gail, I love your painting. That is really good you are teaching Pearl to fetch the phone, you never know when you may need her to do that eh..

Henry :clap: for your wife.. :heart: Congratulations on your sales.

Kay, good luck with your competition. Your Moonscape is absolutely gorgeous!

(((((Uschi))))) :heart:

My Dream car is a Morgan 4 plus 4

I am making Butternut pumpkin and Leek soup for lunch.

Later...............