PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

urealityormine
09-09-2003, 02:03 PM
And this one...

urealityormine
09-09-2003, 02:37 PM
Hello all,
I am new to this site and to painting as well and I have a question. Would this be considered abstract?

Tamana
09-09-2003, 02:38 PM
welcome to here. :)

Interesting rendition you got there. The flow of chakra to chakra and outward to aura. All the colors of the world rooted through us. :)

Okay, let me revisit this considering I don't recall seeing the second painting on my first response.....

I like the transparency effect you've created with it. I would've liked to have seen that carried through the entire body...but realize it would probably be overkill. The way you have it is indicative of a source of the light within.... :)

Mary Riggs
09-09-2003, 05:51 PM
Welcome to the Abstract corner, Your Reality or Mine?! The second one is my favorite because it is reality-based as an abstraction.

Beautiful job..... :D

Absolutely LOVE your subject matter and hope to see more!

urealityormine
09-10-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Tamana
welcome to here. :)

Interesting rendition you got there. The flow of chakra to chakra and outward to aura. All the colors of the world rooted through us. :)

Okay, let me revisit this considering I don't recall seeing the second painting on my first response.....

I like the transparency effect you've created with it. I would've liked to have seen that carried through the entire body...but realize it would probably be overkill. The way you have it is indicative of a source of the light within.... :)

Thanks Tam for your reply. I don't really know what I am doing, but I am learning and having fun! :D

Veronica

urealityormine
09-10-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Mary Riggs
Welcome to the Abstract corner, Your Reality or Mine?! The second one is my favorite because it is reality-based as an abstraction.

Beautiful job..... :D

Absolutely LOVE your subject matter and hope to see more!

Thanks for the welcome Mary. I am teaching myself and am not sure exactly what I am doing yet. I am having fun learning!

Veronica:D

Tamana
09-10-2003, 09:30 AM
you've definitely come to one of the right places to learn. :)