PDA

View Full Version : Help with background?

Ohta
03-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Hi,

I painted this chair and then started to put in the background of foliage, green and yellow and orange. The orange started looking like the chair was on fire. I tried to soak out the paint I had put down, but this is as far as I could go. Any suggestions for maybe one color to wash the whole background? Or should I just give up and start fresh?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Jennifer (Ohta)

Yorky
03-25-2013, 06:46 PM
You need to find a background colour which will allow the chair to sand out. Maybe a richer, darker green?

Doug

M.L. Schaefer
03-25-2013, 06:58 PM
Doug, you done read my mind!!

Yes, Jennifer, increase the dark greens, make them a bit varied though. Some darker olives, some of the green you have there now. Pop in some yellows. A light near the top of greenery where the sunlight may hit it, and the darker greens mid way...etc. If you drop a warm yellow into the green, that will give some olives. You can even drop some blues, especially nearer the bottom. Experimenting before you put down the paint will help. If you can, lift out some white from the chair, especially where the sun might hit.

The darker greenery will make your chair look whiter instead of grayed. You can glaze as you go along, continuously darkening it until it looks the way you want it to look. Or you can drop some juicer colors in parts of the greens, then drop in some juicier olives, yellows, etc.

Just a couple different ways to darken. And, I'm rambling again.:(

:heart: Margarete

Ohta
03-25-2013, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the help! I will give it a go. If I can get it working I will post the results.

You guys are amazing. :)

Ohta
03-28-2013, 10:02 PM
Here is the update.

Thank you for your suggestions, I think it looks better now!

Jennifer

Yorky
03-29-2013, 02:50 AM
:thumbsup:

Doug

pjartwc
03-29-2013, 04:20 AM
It works!

laudesan
04-01-2013, 08:50 AM
Perfect!