PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Teapot

elcinolmez
03-24-2013, 01:00 PM
38 by 30 cm pastel painting on Fısher400 sandpaper. This painting was my personal challenge. I wasn't going to allow myself for finger blending for two reasons. One, fisher paper is harsh on fingers. Two, it creates somewhat dull colours. I ended up blending the background with fingers so it became a little muddy. I haven't decided if I am ditching finger blending for good. This painting took so many layers and its tooth is completely filled with pastel as I used pastels for blending. So it's kind of heavy in appearance. So much to learn!! [email protected] is always appreciated.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Mar-2013/1145146-image.jpg

pastel65
03-24-2013, 01:12 PM
I'm impressed. Great colors and composition. I rubbed off the top layer of a finger the first time I used sanded paper. I do like blending on a painting but being relatively new at it I read that the colors have to close to each other on the color wheel since you do not want the colors to end up towards gray. Pam

Deb F
03-24-2013, 02:26 PM
Love it. Your color choices are great. I really like the stem-side placement of the apples. Nice reflections on the table top, also.

allydoodle
03-24-2013, 03:26 PM
Nice job, the colors are beautiful. It's okay if the background is a bit duller, it needs to recede anyway. There is an interesting discussion in the Pastel Talk Forum about finger blending, some people do and other don't and won't. Whatever you decide is fine for you, it really just depends on the look you are trying to achieve. I don't blend for the most part, though in the shadows it sometimes help to achieve distance and depth. I do it sparingly, if at all. The painting I'm working on right now has no blending, and I probably won't do any. Just a personal preference, you will know what to do the more you play.

jeaneade2001
03-24-2013, 07:00 PM
Beautiful. The colours glow.

pastel lover
03-25-2013, 01:21 AM
Lovely work. Especially like the teapot.

Tanja