PDA

View Full Version : Pesche Biance/ oil

arourapope
09-09-2003, 12:24 PM
Hey!
Working my way through my fruit and veggie drawer. Another 24 x 36, oil on panel. Colors aren't real true in the image. I wish I could make it closer. It's a very light painting, but not so washed out. I can't seem to improve the contrast without losing the colors? Also the yellow up in the top left corner is more broken up and not so pronounced.
Maybe when it's dry I can take it outside and re-photograph...
Anyhoo, here ya go:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Sep-2003/568-peschebiance.jpg

detail:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Sep-2003/568-peschebiancedetail.jpg

Hope you're all having a good day!

heh
09-09-2003, 01:31 PM
ah the subtlety of fruit
i like all that space
it's like a rise in music
a symphony softly escaping to the sky

Tamana
09-09-2003, 01:41 PM
Been tryin' ta get to this inbetween cause there's things I wanna say....

I laughed when I first saw it and thought: You can take the girl out of Georgia, but you can't take the Georgia (peach), out of the girl!! lol

SanDL's gonna eat ya pear. Ya know that don't cha?

There's one part that niggles me but I hesitate to mention it because of the difficulties you have expressed regarding the photographing of it, but I'm gonna shoot anyway.

The side/bottom of that pear extends thus warping its shape. I had to do a double take because I wasn't sure what it was until the closeup shot. But that's probably just me.

That foregrounded peach is to die for. That blush of ripe. Hmm. I would like to see a detail of THAT please. Another thing I like is the overhang of yellow top viewer's left. Looks heavily textured in that area with layering. Combined with those splatters of red/peachy orange, it balances out that flow of white supporting and surrounding the fruit like an oil drop cloth.

Sigh. You be so good. Oil is like playdough in your hands. You can mold it into anything.

*bows to the oil queen*

arourapope
09-09-2003, 01:45 PM
thank-you sweet Ladies.
Tam, you were right on the money about the extended one. It's no pear, it's a lopsided peach! Silly peach. I didn't realize it till I posted and looked at it online long and hard. I have rounded it out to a more peachy-kean form. I will have to re-photo for that reason too. Thanks for the catch and the comment.
And Heh, words do wonderful things with you. A symphony, eh? I like, I like. Mucho thank-yous. :D

Tamana
09-09-2003, 01:48 PM
!!

heh
09-09-2003, 01:49 PM
is that a cup thing/gravy/milk dish?
i dont know what those things are called

arourapope
09-09-2003, 01:52 PM
yeah. It's supposed to be a creamer dealie. I don't know what they're called either. It doesn't read well enough you think? I wish you guys could see the painting instead of the photo. :( Cuz I can't tell anymore looking at the painting.

heh
09-09-2003, 01:54 PM
it read fine for me
just wanted to know its name :p

arourapope
09-09-2003, 01:55 PM
lol! whew. "Creamer-dealie" works here. :D

Mary Riggs
09-09-2003, 06:02 PM
Beautiful use of color and your texture is to die for, girl!:clap:

You almost make me want to dive in and try oils when I see one of your pieces. ( I said "almost"! Can't take the fumes, unfortunately.)

Who would have thought to mix a gravy boat with peaches but you. It works.........and I had no trouble knowing that bottom fruit was a peach. They actually grow that way here in Oregon!

arourapope
09-09-2003, 06:21 PM
oh oh.... It's not a creamer-dealie?
oh dear. :eek:

muchfoolishness
09-09-2003, 07:31 PM
what memories are like

somerset
09-09-2003, 08:33 PM
Ahh peaches & cream. In PA, we call peaches with that shape 'donut peaches' and boy are they good. Like this.

Tamana
09-09-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by aurorapope
oh oh.... It's not a creamer-dealie?
oh dear. :eek:

It's a pear!!!

arourapope
09-09-2003, 10:45 PM
thinking about trying to turn it into a taller container tomorow. Whatcha think?

heh
09-09-2003, 10:47 PM
no!
its lovely as is
my grandmother would put cream in that type of thingy
taller would be creepy

Tamana
09-09-2003, 10:51 PM
I think it would cover up the peaches and take away from the softness...I say add green adjust shape and let it be what it was meant to be: a pear. It's merely a pear trapped inside a cream gravy thingie.

arourapope
09-10-2003, 09:38 AM
Hey!
Well I messed with it some more this morning. I rounded out the creamer to look less boat-shaped, and I think it's more believable as a creamer now. What do you guys think?
The pears aren't as oblong in this pic too. I didn't realize yesterday when I straightened out the picture in photoshop that I also distorted it pretty badly. No wonder Tam was seeing pears.
Thanks for coming along on the ride with me on this one. I've pulled out a few hairs.

arourapope
09-10-2003, 09:39 AM
oops.

arourapope
09-10-2003, 09:40 AM
and here's the detail on the front peach that you wanted, Tam.

Tamana
09-10-2003, 10:07 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

much better. :) I hope you realize I was just kidding with the pear/creamer thingy? I mean the mood of the painting IS light, like peaches and cream, which you would lose with a pear?

Anyway...it was fun to play. That detail is creamy!!( pun intended) ;)

Great revision. :)

Aibrean
09-10-2003, 10:25 AM
wow i love the subtle play of green with a hint of orange that you can barely make out the edible objects :)

brushstroked
09-10-2003, 10:33 AM
The creamer thingie looked like a pear to me too, at first...

really love your peaches
wanna shake your tree. :p

It's a very feminine painting.

Tamana
09-10-2003, 10:37 AM
A pear shaped creamer!!! whoo hoooo