PDA

View Full Version : Wee Bit of a Problem with WetCanvas.

M.L. Schaefer
03-21-2013, 02:55 PM
I just posted a reply, couldn't use Icons (I need my :heart: ) (and, NOW it works!!:evil: ).

Anyway, with the previous post, no Icon, all the spaces between paragraphs ran together! Not a nice sight to see when someone tends to ramble! As soon as I saw what had happened, I edited. The edit was successful. Go figure!

But checking your posts is a good idea. Yesterday, I did a "Preview" and, ta da and drum rolls, it magically gave me the "opportunity" to rewrite my post. (In other words, lost my post!) :evil:

:heart: Margarete

Scotslass
03-21-2013, 03:35 PM
Sympathies Margarete! Lots of odd things have been going on for me too....mid 'read' of a thread and it jumps to the top of the thread (doesn't happen on any other site), the pulldown lists don't work (though Ive found that if you just carry on clicking and do lots of "magic words" (!) ....it sometimes starts working spontaneously - the words vary though:evil: )...this has all actually been since the last brief downtime I think?
Consistency would be more helpful though - then at least we could know share the workarounds?!
Suzanne

Yorky
03-21-2013, 03:49 PM
Not the first report of loss of icons Margarethe. Since the move to the Cloud strange things have been happening.

Will you please report also problems in the Site Discussions forum Report all Bugs thread so they can be monitored.

Doug

hblenkle
03-22-2013, 07:22 PM
They need to find another cloud. This cloud isn't working too well. Just a few minutes ago I was on a thread and it jumped to the top of the page. Happens at least once every day I go on WetCanvas now.

I just added this edit that I was looking at the posts on this thread after posting originally and it did the jump to the top of the page.

M.L. Schaefer
03-22-2013, 08:18 PM
When WetCanvas acted up this a.m., there was a notice that the Techs were advised and would fix it...yes, they did and quite quickly.

However, on the Site Discussions, the Report Problems part at the top of the page was Closed. Is there another part of the Site Discussions that I missed?

Me, I don't worry about it too much (unless I get locked out!) just as long as the Cloud is safe. Tech Challenged as I am, I did not know there were other Clouds available, but now that I think about it, there may be a lot of them. Personally, I am grateful for Northlight and our Patrons and Sponsors for giving us WetCanvas, and I'm always worried that they don't want it to become a financial burden to keep it going!

:heart: Margarete

Yorky
03-23-2013, 03:51 AM
I'm afraid members experience of the Report a Problem emails link is not good. Members are best contacting me or ~JON about any problems.

That said we don't usually get a speedy response form F+W.

Doug