PDA

View Full Version : Porcelain palettes

Saint Ragdoll
03-19-2013, 11:42 PM
I was at the Targets store recently and noticed they have quite a few plain white porcelain plates and dishes in a variety of shapes and sizes. They look to be heavy and sturdy. The prices were reasonable.
I thought I would post this as some of the folks here might be interested.

Teresa
Saint Ragdoll

M.L. Schaefer
03-20-2013, 12:14 AM
Teresa. I've been thinking of getting a couple porcelain palettes for my fur colors and for my eye colors..."specialty palettes" I was going to go to eBay sites, but I may have a look at Target. "Reasonable" and
"inexpensive" are good words.:) Thank you!

:heart: Margarete

Mayberry
03-20-2013, 01:12 AM
I've noticed some at Target that look good. Also some interesting shaped ones at Marshalls. what I mainly have bought so far are some from a Japanese dollar store chain (Daiso). They carry small white porcelain condiment dishes, some with multiple small, square compartments, very useful and very cheap. ($1.50 each.) I got a couple specifically for egg tempera palettes, and some for watercolor washes, and one bowl for a water bowl.

Yorky
03-20-2013, 04:18 AM
I have a ceramic sweeties dish that I use for gouache. A cheap and serviceable palette. Bulletproof!

Doug

olliewood0702
03-20-2013, 08:51 AM
These kinds of dishes and bowls/plates work great for palette's. Thanks for the heads up!

Aderynglas
03-20-2013, 05:03 PM
For those in the UK, I bought a lovely square porcelain plate for 2 in my local Morrisons last Monday.

It's dinner plate sized and has a nice rim for putting my dabs of paint and plenty of room for mixing.

It will do until I can have one like this ceramic mixing tray
(http://www.saa.co.uk/artsupplies/ceramic-mixing-tray-976482.html)

Saint Ragdoll
03-21-2013, 10:45 PM
I have also cound inexpensive white plater, platters, divided plates etc at Bed Bath And Beyond.If you give them your address you get a weekly or is it monthly, sales flyer with a coupon on the back.
Another source for porceline palettes that are cheap. Big Lots or Odd Lots stores often have some interesting plates and platters....

I love bargain hunting and love passing along the info!
Teresa
Saint Ragdoll