PDA

View Full Version : ****Daily Wash Tuesday March 19 2013*****

Lulu
03-18-2013, 11:25 PM
:clear:
Hi everyone, on this feast day of St Joseph, the patron saint of ten nations, one of them Canada I think??:wave:

Geoff, doesn't look like you have had much sleep :-(

Busy morning, to the gym first, have to modify what I do so I don't hurt my thumb, bit awkward but it's still good to go. Lots I can do.
Had coffee with my gym buddies, and then picked up my painting from the framers.
I like the framing, a modern look with the white frame, and it has conservation glass and of course archival matting.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Mar-2013/1118-IMG_1822aa.jpg

Lulu
03-18-2013, 11:47 PM
Perhaps I should ask my Dr to up my statin dose....I seem to be missing out on some good times!!:rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol:
I won't show John this topic, he might be getting some statins from the doctor even though he doesn't need them!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lulu, hope your finger heals now. We got trigger fingers years ago from packing for a move. It took time.

Shirley, how long? and what treatment did you have?

shipbroker
03-19-2013, 12:25 AM
Morning again,

Supposition on poor sleep correct Lulu,getting its own back after the 7 hours night before....

Statins, as yiu may remember I stopped taking mine a couple of years ago but currently they agree on my not now needing them.

Electrician now coming this morning hurray!

geoff

Lulu
03-19-2013, 12:39 AM
Hi Geoff, sorry you had a poor night. Hopefully your next night's sleep will be another 7 hour one. Glad you don't need the statins, interesting that your doctor thinks you dont' need them now, I wonder if you ever did? I still actually think the side-effects far outweigh the positives for me to take them, and I also question the 'cholesterol' hype.......

Have got the window-cleaner coming in the morning about 8 am so better go and clean all the aluminium frame-work, and remove the things from windowsills etc to make his job easier.

shipbroker
03-19-2013, 03:17 AM
Sori Lulu forgot to praise your painting and framing....lovely work.

Dampish and grey here off for the papers now.

geoff

re statins. in my case they turned me into someone with a limp and chest pains but Eileen and millions of others have no problems.

Lulu
03-19-2013, 03:41 AM
Thanks Geoff.

Just watching the lead up to the Papal inauguration.

shipbroker
03-19-2013, 04:05 AM
Thanks Geoff.

Just watching the lead up to the Papal inauguration.

On here as well.....just hope Presidents of Zimbabwe & Argentina don't get together.........

geoff

Yorky
03-19-2013, 04:26 AM
Good morning Geoff, Lulu.

Beautiful portrait Lulu. Are you taking it to Dubai?

Sorry you had another bad night Geoff.

It's a lovely morning here, blue sky and just above freezing.

Taking Ruth to physio this morning then I hope to get back on to BT to get my broadband connection back. I am still surfing on my neighbour's connection.

Doug

laudesan
03-19-2013, 04:52 AM
It is raining here.

:wave:

Your painting looks beautiful framed in white Lulu. My favourite frame colour!

:grouphug:

doppler
03-19-2013, 04:52 AM
Good drizzly cold, well chilly, evening all.

Lulu, lovely lovely portrait!

Statins, they work for escape from the genes for some. So long as bacon and eggs are still on a weekend menu I dont care. Must be a why thing. I dont get dreams like that! :envy:

Any ways, brown now shag pile brown velvet Bo is still outside. It is raining. Loki is angrily but replenishedley inside after having eaten her dinner and half of Bo's.

I shall flog him after I had showered him in kisses and food. :lol:

Bo is in.:rolleyes:

Geoff you sir are seriously naughty:angel: :lol:

ollieowl
03-19-2013, 05:06 AM
:lol::lol::lol:
I won't show John this topic, he might be getting some statins from the doctor even though he doesn't need them!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Shirley, how long? and what treatment did you have?

hi Lulu: remember remember 19 july 2012 I do that when remove top of my finger it nearly fully repaired just tiny circle on tip to stop giving me funny signal but it was recover over after a month just don't hit people with it or objects :D

hi to the world from him & me

Lulu great portrait near forgot

HAWLTAIN :heart: 2 all else

Doris345
03-19-2013, 05:15 AM
Hello washers,

Cold, messy night here - snowed all night, then rain, and now we have slush and mush. But NYC just squeaked by without freezing temps, so the rain shoudl eventually wash away the snow. Let us hope. . . .

Lulu - beautiful portrait and wonderful framing.
Hi Doug, Geoff, JJ, Annie.

I am supposed to start Jury Duty today, but the new system has you calling in during the evening before for instructions - I was told not to report today and call again tonight.

Oh, Frabjous day - I cleared my calendar, so now I have a full week with not one single appointment or obligation or chore. Calloo Callay.

BBL.
HAWL to all.
Doris

Doris345
03-19-2013, 05:16 AM
Hi Peter.

shipbroker
03-19-2013, 05:20 AM
Me again.......

I know many of you use iPads........have just been sent this which I thought funny.......doesn't matter that it is in German, some of you speak it anyway...
but shows old skills and modern technology...

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=32bUIa--6GM&feature=youtu.be

geoff

Scene Chaser
03-19-2013, 05:36 AM
Good Day All,
Dark and cold here.

Beautiful portrait and framing, Lulu.

Statins. I have read that they dont help women at all.

My cholesterol was a little high and I took red yeast rice, an over the counter supplement. My cholesterol dropped from 225 to 143 in two months. But, my muscles weakened, a side effect from statins, and I stopped. I now take a half grapefruit with cinnamon, which can be very effective. Remember your heart is a muscle as well.
Here is an interesting statement (http://drjamescarlson.blogspot.com/2010/01/fatty-acid-and-cholesterol-digestion.html) about digestion of cholesterol we eat.

I am watching the outcome of the Cyprus vote. Glad I dont have any money in their banks. Russian mobsters are pretty upset, though.

Hope you get your broadband back soon, Doug.

Just about finished my taxes. Once retired, taxes get more complicated. Lots of different paperwork.

Janet is busy deciding on our plane tickets to Ireland in May. Then it's car rental and itinerary.

Bill

Yorky
03-19-2013, 07:29 AM
Back from physio.

I am expecting a BT engineer around tomorrow afternoon, they say the line is OK it must be the equipment :rolleyes:

Both Ruth and I are on statins, and I have noticed muscle weakening too Bill. I just can't do what I used to do. Thought it was just old age.

Have a good week Doris.

Doug

CharM
03-19-2013, 08:37 AM
Good morning! It's windy, cold and snowing a little... I'm sure that Spring is right around the corner, but I live in hope... :) I have two Classes filing through here today so I can't stay online too long.

Our Skitty Kitty isn't improving and he'll make a trek (with Ted) to see his favourite Vet today... actually, he's not a fan of Vets. We've been hydrating him with syringes of water between his clamped teeth... along with some homemade chicken broth for a little nourishment.

I managed to get my endangered turtle drawn out yesterday, but can't decide on his colouring... the blues are giving me fits for some reason.

Lulu, your sweet Granddaughter's portrait looks stunning all dressed up in it's matte and frame... what an heirloom! I'm sorry that your thumb is not improving and hopefully the new splint will help.

((Geoff)) Sorry about yet another poor sleep.

Hi Annie and Peter and JJ...

Doug, :crossfingers: that your broadband issues get resolved...

Doris, how wonderful that you have a Frabjous day!!!! :)

Bill, how exciting that your Ireland trip is starting to come together!!!

We began buying only Organic food several months ago... that meant that Ted's favourite margarine (that claimed to be heart and cholesterol healthy) was not on our grocery list. We now totally avoid anything that's been genetically engineered such as corn, soy, wheat, etc.

This has been a positive move (and a huge learning curve). Ted's Diabetes Dr. has reduced his cholesterol meds twice in six months... his sugar numbers have been steadily improving as well. And he eats eggs every morning for breakfast!

I'd better begin my Class setup... Have a great day everyone!

Flattwo
03-19-2013, 08:49 AM
Hi to All

Lulu, the frame is perfect for your superb portrait :thumbsup:

Geoff and Bill, I watched a TV show last night presented by James Nesbitt the actor.....James Nesbitt's Ireland, 8pm ITV1, last night it was about the Dingle Peninsula, first of 6 shows

Speak Later

Henry

dlwilliams48
03-19-2013, 08:49 AM
Good morning all - we had quite the storm last night, lots of heavy rain and up to baseball size hail. Luckily my neighborhood did not get any of the hail. I am a little under the weather so decided to stay home today rather than go to work. I am in a little bit of a lull period right now, fortunately. Plenty to do but nothing that can't wait until tomorrow. So, I have been sitting at the computer watching tutorial videos and considering my next painting project.

I posted a question about palettes in a separate thread because I am considering "upgrading" to a porcelain palette and had some concerns.

Lulu, nice portrait and framing.

Bill, I envy your upcoming trip to Ireland. That is certainly on my DW's bucket list, and of course I would have to go along to keep her out of trouble. Not sure we will ever make it though. Me, I would love to go back to Alaska and/or Hawaii myself. Of course, there are lots of other places we could just drive to as well.

I am fortunate in that I am not on any prescription medication, yet. I hope it stays that way for a bit longer.

Ah, after the storm last night, I see lots of sun outside. And moderate temps as well. Good.

LynnM
03-19-2013, 09:03 AM
Hi!!! dashing out the door, BBL :)

shipbroker
03-19-2013, 09:47 AM
Bill we will be in RoI from 16th May pm until 21st am.........The Sunday we will be at church all day!

Probably back over there for a wedding mid-October...

geoff

JudyL
03-19-2013, 09:54 AM
Posting quickly before the kids get here, not that there is much to report, little surprised that there is already 2 pages and it's not even 7 am yet here.

Had a good night last night, slept well :smug: but was nice to have a quiet evening, the kids will be here tonight, since it's "late start Wednesday" tomorrow, it's Laurens turn to sleep in the pop up bed.

Will check in later.
TTFN

olliewood0702
03-19-2013, 10:13 AM
HAppy TuesDay!

It's snowy, and very windy. Cold! The roads were a bit slick on my drive into work this morning. AND TOMORROW IS THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING:confused:

10 weeks from today we head our on our vacation over the pond.:thumbsup:

How many more sleeps for you LuLu? Your framed painting is just BEAUTIFUL!

I've read everyone's posts but don't have time to reply to all; I've got lots of data entry sitting on my desk to do.

I hope you all have a most wonderful day!

BBL:wave: :heart:

Uschi
03-19-2013, 10:47 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

0C and still snowing a bit. A couple of inches on the ground, nothing major.

I could have chatted with Geoff because I didn't fall asleep until past 2:00 a.m. Why, because I was too excited.

I almost made 3rd in the tournament, it was a tie for 3rd. We both won the same number of games but the other person got there with a few less points so he got it. Big achievement really because these are excellent male players.

The reason I was so excited (joyful) was because along the way I had to play the best player in the club (still in his 50's) and I beat him:lol: Still can't wipe the smile off my face:smug: :lol: In the end he was the big winner.

Today is a rest and relaxation day:)

Madelaine, I hope you feel better today. That is quite "the look" in your kitty's eyes LOL

(((((((((((((Pat and Winnie))))))))))))))))

Jana, oh WOW, you wrote a book, more WOWS!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!You are totally filled with creativity, awesome!!!!!

Kate, I am soooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you!! Sending a joyfol HUG!

Lulu, GORGEOUS end product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't blame any statins for my muscle and strength loss so it must be aging:rolleyes:

Doug, stress is bad for your body - RELAX!! But, I can sooooooo understand your frustration.

Geoff, the video - that is sooooooooooooooooo clever and unbelievable!!

Bill, how exciting, another trip to the old country:thumbsup: Thanks for the link, made perfect sense about the carbs but am not sure what the fat does for or against the body, have to reread about that part. I don't have a collesteral problem, mine is the sticky tar:rolleyes: :eek: :o

Char, :clap: :clap: for Ted!!!!!!! We'll have to have a lengthy talk about this different way of eating/cooking.

Don, wow, wouldn't want to be in the way of one of those hail stones. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Hap, isn't the cortisone shot supposed to klill the pain, not cause more.

Naturally I slept in this morning and now it is getting really late. Time for my shower, I think.

:wave: to all here and all yet to come!!!!! :grouphug: to all in need!!!

Uschi

Scene Chaser
03-19-2013, 11:28 AM
((Skittles))
Char, we also eat organic as much as possible. The chicken cost more, Costco, and we buy only wild caught fish.

Henry, My first trip to Ireland fifteen years ago, I drove over the central ridge of the Dingle, second highest in Ireland, a narrow gravel road filled with sheep and walkers. It was more harrowing for DW, Janet, than me, but a beautiful view.

Geoff, Im sure well be there at that time to meet up. You wont find me in church, though. 

Darla, will spring ever come to Michigan?

Uschi, congrats on the fourth place and beating the best player. If we ever have a Meet again, well have to have a table for you to put us all in our place.

Ms. Feral is busy standing on her rear legs and swatting gently at my arm to pet her. She cares less about what Im trying to do.
Bill

CharM
03-19-2013, 12:38 PM
Taking a quick break while having a nice serving of yogurt. I've also had a small bowl of tomato soup (from my stewed tomatoes).

I sketched this morning, but it was nothing worthwhile... just trying to strengthen my drawing skills.

Skittles is home from the Dr., who fears that he has feline leukemia. I tend to agree as he's behaving quite similar to how sick he was last summer. The vet gave him some meds because he's running a fever, and was slightly dehydrated. She also prescribed an antibiotic for him along with an appetite enhancer. Get out the cheque book.

He's resting comfortably on the chair by the fireplace.

While Skitty was getting all his *stuff* done, Ted picked up our new microwave.

Bill, we haven't worried too much about organic chicken... A Canadian News Group conducted an extensive study about chicken and their conclusions were shocking... ALL chicken has a significant amount of bacteria on/in it, including the organic. They ALL have antibiotics in the flesh, including the organic. The only significant difference is that the organic chickens are not fed with GMO feed and growth hormones. Scary.

Our grocery bill has actually gone down because we really don't buy that much except what's on the perimeter of our grocery store. The organic fruit and vegetables are almost comparably priced. And we don't buy anything that's been processed. Finally, if we can't read or pronounce it, we don't eat it! :lol:

We wanted to buy some ice cream for Matt's Birthday meal... that was a challenge but we finally found a little container of Hagendaas that was all natural... it was only 4 times more expensive! :eek:

BASEBALL size hail, Don? Wow...

Uschi, we're due for a good chin wag, eh? My biggest challenge has been finding a decent sandwich loaf that Ted will like.

And... I've used up my free time... gotta get ready for the next group. Have a great afternoon All! :heart:

Europa
03-19-2013, 12:44 PM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!!

Well the electricians have been to fit the new lights in the wetroom - we just need the foreman to come in and finishing sealing off a couple of bits then we are finished - no more 8am starts phew!! :wave:

RANT TIME!!!

Sorry about this but need to vent and I know you will all be understanding (would most certainly not vent like this on FB)

The bank rang today re the business overdraft - more or less told me that we have to have part of it moved over to a loan which means that our payments will go up by over 200 a month. He advised me to go and see the Citizens Advice to see if they could help us with debt management.

I was furious - the overdraft facility expires on Thursday so I told him in no uncertain terms that I had phoned them about this 4 weeks ago and he was now getting back to me and expecting me to ....get an appt at the CAB and also get someone to sit with Mum all in the space of two days.

He then said that they would give us a further two week grace. I explained to him what had happened re the Hackney and the plate and that we were having to find an extra 320 a month as it was.......and now they wanted us to find an extra 200 when we were just about managing to pay off our outstanding business debts plus our monthly outgoings.

He then informed me that if we didn't take the loan option offered then they would close down our bank account!!! :eek:

I mean it isn't as if we are frittering away money - we don't get wages - we don't go on holiday or buy new cars etc - every spare penny goes towards paying off the debts. This now means that our John will have to work till later in the evening to bring money in - he is 63 years old and works 7 days a week as it is.

I am soooooooooooooo angry .....they are supposed to be helping small businesses - this is just another stress to add on to everything else. I just don't know what we are going to do. :(

RANT OVER - THANKS!!!

Lulu - lovely painting - love the framing.

re statins - I am on those since my heart attack - think they mentioned about changing them but not heard anything since.....so will carry on as normal. Though to be honest I think hard drugs and vodka would help better....:evil:

Am going to say.......What Uschi said.......

Waving to everyone :wave:

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

shipbroker
03-19-2013, 01:25 PM
Pat with business and Winnie problems.....yes hard drugs and vodka sounds a good option...and I don't do either myself!

In sympathy.......

geoff

NancyR
03-19-2013, 01:56 PM
Pat, I am so sorry to hear the attitude of the bank. I can attest that taking care of an elderly parent requires help whether they are with you or in a residence. It is a full time job.

Geoff, I loved that video, and I want his iPad. My boss loved it so much he sent it on to other people.

CoWorker just brought in her baby. She is now 7 pounds and cute as a button. Very possessive, so we could not pass her around. :lol:

Bill, so exciting about your upcoming trip.

Darla, the time will fly and you will be off on your trip.

Uschi, how great that you beat the young man who came in first. :clap:

Don, I always dread hail. That sounds like west Texas hail. We have sunshine, but it is only in the 60 s today.

Got to get back to work.

WthrLady
03-19-2013, 02:15 PM
Good Glory, if I never have to type another hail report....

Don, we just missed being smacked by the big stuff too. I was wondering about you when I typed in the report for just SW of your town. Glad to see it missed you.

We had pea hail, but 3 miles up the road had golf ball, and up the road even larger. Phew.

pat - grrrrr to the bank.

char - poor kitty.

I'm just going to say Hey to everyone else.... I MUST eat lunch before I forget.

juneto
03-19-2013, 03:14 PM
Char , The way we did it, for us both of us , but especially Louie ,who makes No Insulin at all, was to eat normally but have half of what we ate fomally ,no seconds and always a half a cup of starch.
Snacks at night , like sesame sticks , a tangerine or apple,pretzels etc.
So ,we eat everthing now, but Less . Have lost lots of weight and our sugar is very good now . We take vitamins too.
It took several years to readjust to not eating a whole strip steak or a whole Anything . We always so full now from half or less what we used to eat but the sugar is Very Good now . Lou tests twice a day and I take pills twice a day. And Neither of us has a belly anymore , like Teenagers :clap: :clap: !:lol: :lol: :lol:
June:) :wave:

JudyL
03-19-2013, 03:16 PM
Jack going over to the rental, so I am left to my own to see what trouble I can stir up :evil grin:

Char, you could get an ice cream freezer and make your own (yum)!
We had a skyp talk with our pet Italian chef who was talking about tumeric and how to get ususable bits, he asked me if I knew tumeric I told him I had a can of it in my pantry. He was horrified, "that is processed! I don't think I have even used it, but humbled, did not even considered how to do that on my own!

I need to dash out, the kids will be spending the night so need to do what I can now.
I could not find the "tart cherry juice (not from concentrate) " so need to go on a surfari, do not think it will be in the Brand Spanking New "Wally World" that has just opened up 1 mile from our house. Still Walmart, but so handy!

TTFN

kaypainter
03-19-2013, 03:59 PM
Hey all,

Had a slight headache when I woke up this morning. Could not look at the computer screen as it hurt my eyes. Knew it would make the headache worse so no washing until it left.

Finally got some decent photos of the finished jewelry pieces. It is so hard to photograph jewelry because of all the reflective surfaces. I take dozens of photos until I get one that's even half way decent. The place where I buy my jewelry supplies makes a little diffuser tent for photographing jewelry. (Would have the fun of folding it like Annie's Roger's diffuser -- only six sides :eek: ) Will think on it.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Mar-2013/130068-CopperCuff_-_front.jpeg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Mar-2013/130068-CopperCuff_-_back.jpeg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Mar-2013/130068-Pendant_with_moonstones.jpeg

I'm not happy with the way this pendant photographed. It looks much nicer in person:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Mar-2013/130068-Hematite_Pendant_2.jpeg

Lulu your portrait and frame are so beautiful.

(((((Skittles))))) What's the prognosis for cats with Feline Leukemia?

(((((Pat))))) Wish I could give you a hug in person. What a time you are having. Sending lots of white light your way for a resolution.

Bill I did a fly drive holiday through the western part of Ireland with a friend. We started in Cork, went down to Bantry Bay, did part of the ring of Beara, Tralee, the Burren, Ferry to Inishman, Galway, Cliffs of Moher, Joyce Country, and then off to Dublin. I would have liked an extra day or two in Dublin, but had to get back. Six days total I think. I enjoyed myself tremendously. Took lots of great photos.

Doug I hope your computer issues get solved. :(

:clap: :clap: :thumbsup: Uschi.

Well I need to go do some laundry.

:wave: :wave: to all and HAWLTAIN

Kay

shipbroker
03-19-2013, 04:07 PM
Henry are you watching BBC4 tonight and onwards? " What do artists do?"
Tonight a printmaker......Jack Vettriano is one of those lined up for future shows..
geoff

Lulu
03-19-2013, 04:27 PM
Me again.......

I know many of you use iPads........have just been sent this which I thought funny.......doesn't matter that it is in German, some of you speak it anyway...
but shows old skills and modern technology...

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=32bUIa--6GM&feature=youtu.be

geoff

so so funny!

Morning all! heavy rain in the night, not forecast so a real bonus. Has cleared now to sunshine, but is cool. Autumn weather is nearly upon us.

Thanks for all the comments on my framed painting.

Kay, beautiful jewellery!

Thanks for the link to cholesterol Bill.
Here's another one, which makes sense of your readings (at the bottom of the page), and also tells you that your body need cholesterol! (your body need cholesterol!)
and if you take statins you should take Coq10.

Char, I'm impressed with your diet changes, and the results. I know there are exceptions but f everyone watched what they put into their bodies (and knew what was in their prcessed foods!) there would be a lot less illness. I'm still amazed that some people don't make a connection between what they eat and how they feel physically and emotionally.

Flattwo
03-19-2013, 06:19 PM
Geoff, thanks for that :thumbsup:

Henry

Europa
03-19-2013, 07:22 PM
EVENING WASHGANGEROOS!!

Just popping in - been out tonight to a meeting of the Family History Society - enjoyed the company and the chat - especially of the very cute Irishman I was sat next too. ;)

Am feeling much more de - stressed. :thumbsup:

Geoff I have recorded that What does an Artist do - it caught my eye when I was looking for some other program so that was lucky. Cant wait for the Jack Vettriano - I love his painting.

Have you watched Perspectives - it started last night on BBC4 I think - was about Agatha Christie. Next week Warwick Davies is visiting Auschwitz researching what happened to the dwarves who were there.

Waving to everyone :wave:

Pat xxx

LynnM
03-19-2013, 07:46 PM
Congrats, Uschi, super-lady you!!!

Lovely jewellery, Kay, the second piece is just stunning!

Char, I'm not surprised that your new way of eating is helping Ted....several people in my project are getting the same results. Amazing what eating in a healthy way can do for us!

laudesan
03-19-2013, 11:20 PM
Char I am so sorry. Poor baby....:heart:

YAY Darla 10 weeks will go soooo quick. Bet you have lists.. :p

Jana, you go girl!!!!:clap:

Uschi! Wow!!!!!! :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup: Huge Congratulations!!!

:grouphug: PAT :grouphug: Can you go to a financial advisor?

Kay your jewellery is absolutely beautiful!!!!!:thumbsup:

I know there are exceptions but f everyone watched what they put into their bodies (and knew what was in their prcessed foods!) there would be a lot less illness. I'm still amazed that some people don't make a connection between what they eat and how they feel physically and emotionally.I agree Lulu. I keep trying to convince Tania not to buy ready made packet foods. SHe is cooking totally natural for reece now, as his kick boxing trainer has put him on a diet not unlike mine. Reece has lost 6 kilos so far and is looking good. He is more alert too. I just wish she would feed all of the the same foods.

Windy outside, rain amounted to nothing last night, so I will need to water later this afternoon.