PDA

View Full Version : Blur

amanda
09-09-2003, 05:06 AM
60cmx70cm, oil on canvas. What do you think of this one, any suggestions? Thanks for all constructive critisism.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Sep-2003/28-travel_-_blur.JPG

Dahzl
09-09-2003, 11:17 AM
Hi Amanda :D This is lovely ! - reminds me of water - reflections - mangrove - or river water - beautiful softness to it !

Well Done !

Cheers Dahzl :D

Tamana
09-09-2003, 11:38 AM
Whirlwind of Autumnal leaves....

I like the breaks in the motion. Textured or illusion? And the heated warmth from that red/yellow amid the coolness of that blue & positive/negatives of the darks/whites give me the impression of dying embers amongst an impending winter.

I believe this is the best I've seen of yours, Amanda. Or at least, it's my favorite thus far.

Good post.

brushstroked
09-09-2003, 11:46 AM
Such a mellow infusion of light and color. Very lovely.

As for constructive criticism, there's only one thing bothering me....it's that coolness in the upper left corner, and I think I've figured out why. My mind is telling me that this is a watery, inverted reflection of trees, so the cool blue would be sky...and obviously sky would be reflected more in the foreground.

This little nagging, inconsequential thing is easily corrected if I turn the painting upside down. :p So pay no attention to me.

amanda
09-11-2003, 11:53 PM
Thank you for your replies. I can't believe you see this is my best work yet, reason being that this took me only about 20 minutes as I was covering up another painting that didn't work. Perhaps I'll do more like this! I appreciate your encouragement.:D

mmk
09-12-2003, 12:04 AM
this makes me feel tearing and scraping and shredding, like dragging one's face on the highway at 70 mph.