PDA

View Full Version : my SECOND attempt replica of Vermeer's girl with a pearl earring...

Karman
03-17-2013, 09:25 AM
Dear All,

This is my second attempt replica of Vermeer's girl with a pearl earring...
After receiving many constructive criticisms and comments in this webcanvas forum for my first trial, I decided to try for second time. I enjoyed during the whole painting process. Kindly feel free to comment for this as well because it encourages me a lots...

:)

I have attached my step by step approach picture also.

9"x12" oil on canvas

Thanks a lots for viewing.

C&C's welcomed.

Best wishes,

Karman

ianos dan
03-20-2013, 12:16 PM
Hello Karman ! god job ,but try to check the overall shape of the had,because it seem too wide at the zygomatic bone :)
Also please note the hue of the colors of the portrait and observe that are very saturated and the shadows are darker ;the eye color it's not green as you've made it ,and seems that you have lost the form of the eye from the underpainting.(that it's more like the original )
l've made for you a little correction on the image ,you'll see what l'm talking about .please continue to work on it . To hide somehow the features ,you can put a semi opaque scumble made for flesh ,all over the face ,let it dry and rework those features .

Good luck !http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Mar-2013/1165823-idea.jpg:thumbsup:

Karman
03-21-2013, 10:39 AM
Hello Ianos,
Thank you so much for pointing out what I need to improve in this painting.
I really appreciate your comment. I will rework it soon, to get a better replica.
Regards,
Karman

RembrandtEternal
03-22-2013, 02:40 PM
Hello Ianos,
Thank you so much for pointing out what I need to improve in this painting.
I really appreciate your comment. I will rework it soon, to get a better replica.
Regards,
Karman

Karman you are amazing and the fact that you keep doing it over and over...that shows that you are a true artist and you will achieve your dreams! Bless ya, and the work looks amazing...and no doubt will continue to grow and amaze the World. Will be watching your move one....love it! :wave: :heart:

Nate :cool:

Karman
03-25-2013, 05:06 AM
Thank you, Nate. Your words make my day. ;)

Regards,
Karman

ianos dan
04-22-2013, 02:16 PM
Karman ,l really want to see your progress :)Very curious how it evolves

Karman
05-02-2013, 04:56 AM
I welcome ONLY constructive criticisms!
Thanks.

Regard,
Karman

Sarah Edgecumbe
05-02-2013, 05:50 AM
Karmen,

Be proud of your effort.

Sorry for your trouble with post above. We are all on a path, a different place on that path with different goals and wishes from our painting. We are not all wanting the same things. Some people need to understand this. He obviously does not.

Keep going. It is a great little painting, you really caught the twinkle in her eye!

Sarah

derek123
05-10-2013, 05:19 PM
practice drawing eyes in perspective from your mind

Karman
05-13-2013, 08:39 AM
Thank you, Sarah.