PDA

View Full Version : Royal Scottish WS 2013 exhibition

Scotslass
03-16-2013, 02:15 PM
This is on just now in Edinburgh, just in case anyone is interested...photo gallery also available online :
here (http://www.rswgallery.org.uk/)

Suzanne

laudesan
03-16-2013, 07:48 PM
Thank you, I am. :-)

I really enjoyed that. great exhibition!!!

Flattwo
03-16-2013, 09:16 PM
Thanks Suzanne for posting the link

The thing that puts me off the RSW is that they are such an eliteist clique of painters

Henry

Lulu
03-16-2013, 09:31 PM
My fave is 'The Last Round' :)

Your work would fit in well there Henry.
Unfortunately there are art snobs everywhere....

virgil carter
03-16-2013, 10:48 PM
A truly remarkable exhibition, featuring a wide range of works. For those painters searching for their own personal and expressive direction this should be a "must see". Something for everyone. Much more diverse than the AWS and NWS shows.

Thanks for posting.

Sling paint,
Virgil

olliewood0702
03-17-2013, 12:32 AM
What a vast difference in styles in this collection. I really enjoyed viewing all of them. Thanks for sharing.

M.L. Schaefer
03-17-2013, 10:52 PM
Suzanne! What a wonderful exhibit.

:heart: Margarete

Scotslass
03-18-2013, 07:44 AM
I went on Saturday and will return again I hope...there are about 60 more paintings than seen online,much much better in real life... and I too was surprised how few, shall I call them 'traditional', watercolours there were...(although I only expected that because it is 'the establishment' I suppose)...great food for thought.

According to the catalogue only about half are by RS members, and some are, I'm assuming, selected from a public call for entries (?). HUGE variety in prices (10,000 - 95) and styles - both of painting and framing.

(Very few faces to been seen on the walls though, Lulu....)

The rusty door one (name forgotten) was wonderful IRL, big, vivid colours and textures....even from cm away with nose against the glass! :angel:

Suzanne