Hi folks

Uschi: "Peter, would that by any chance be you???????"

not Me there turn to face right just as I took it :thumbsup:there have A twin

hi Nipper I never went to college to poor :D never got up to mischief :angel:

HAWLTAIN :heart: 2 All Else

doppler
03-16-2013, 03:50 AM
Yo Peter. NO mischief at all ??? :angel:

Gallery sat today. The grand opening was last weekend but I begged out not wanting to share the plague with the entire community, though I heard someone announced themselves at the Post office door and did just that. Rapscallion.

The Gallery is really interesting. Loads of people came through and there were sales. I painted and think I can now do something with the Calgary Stampede Indian dancer. Vision and reality are different. Also saw a knot of caterpillars, hundreds, descending from a eucalypt. A friend dropped in and trumped me with a photo of a scorpion surrounded by ALL of her brood. Told me that the Tango dancers of WestEnd in Brisbane are strutting and sashaying their stuff and should he tell Roger? NO. St Patricks Day and the Irish festival is enough to deal with. :lol:

Trudged home and then trudged behind the lawnmower for a little. Damn rain. Makes everything grow. Damn sun in cahoots with the damn rain. Isn't nature wonderful??? :lol:

Better than drought though so hugs to you Lulu. Your drought break is likely to be a cyclone ex as ours was. Hope not.

Off to care for the mere mortals now. :lol: :lol: Cats, husband, me? ... no food all day so am starving. Me.

Doris345
03-16-2013, 03:53 AM
Good morning washers,

I have not been feeling well this week, and now I have had another near-sleepless night. I need Spring. Not a sign around here - not even the crocuses are peeping through.

Quiet weekend planned - - will visit my dear friend recovering from her hip replacement. What should be a 15-minute scoot across town is likely to be a major production because of the St Patrick's Day Parade scheduled for today. I am feeling pretty "bah humbug" at the moment, maybe its lack of sleep.

Lulu - I will get my Native American friend Billy to do a rain dance for you.
Geoff - congrats on the sale of your painting.
Pat - nice room for Mom, I am envious of the shower chair.

:wave: :wave: :grouphug: :grouphug: Hugs and waves to all.
Doris

doppler
03-16-2013, 03:58 AM
Doris, wear green. You will be OK. I have heard the St Patricks Day in New York is worse than the Mardi Gras in Rio :heart:

At least in the Irish Parade, you don't have to truly remember dance steps, shake your tummy uncovered and flop your feathers on the head.

Music is GREAT in both.

Yorky
03-16-2013, 04:27 AM
Good morning all - St Patrick's Day?

Cool and damp here after a rainy night.

No plans.

Sorry you haven't been well Doris, I hope you have a good visit with your friend.

I don't believe you Peter :D

Hi Annie, did you do any painting at the Gallery?

Doug

Lulu
03-16-2013, 04:30 AM
Evening all:wave:

Cooler and more overcast today, we are willing those black clouds to gather.......:crossfingers:

You're a day ahead of yourself Doug, St Paddy's day is tomorrow! :p

Yorky
03-16-2013, 04:32 AM
Hi Lulu. I'm not sure, I haven't heard mention of it on the radio today.

Doug

Lulu
03-16-2013, 04:34 AM
I'm positive, it's the 17th March Doug. You obviously haven't got any Irish in you! :lol:

Yorky
03-16-2013, 04:38 AM
You're probably right Lulu, but I may have Irish blood somewhere, lots of Elliots were banished to Ulster.

Doug

Lulu
03-16-2013, 04:45 AM
lots of Elliots were banished to Ulster.

Doug

So you should be wearing green tomorrow then :D Good old Google, I found this about The Elliots from Ulster (The Elliotts in Ulster) I wonder, did your name originally have two 't's?

Doris345
03-16-2013, 04:54 AM
Yes. St P's Day is Sunday the 17th - but in NYC whenever the 17th is on a Sunday the parade is held on Saturday. Perhaps because the parade route marches straight past St Patrick's Cathedral and it would be a distraction on a Sunday?? :angel:

Annie, I like the Parade- and bagpipes - I just don't like the mess it makes with traffic. Fifth Ave. is a MAJOR North/South street.

Doris

Yorky
03-16-2013, 04:55 AM
Thanks for the link Lulu, I knew we were descendants of Lord Minto, Viceroy of India :cool: However before that we were bandits (Border Rievers).

Doug

Lulu
03-16-2013, 05:00 AM
Aha, a double L and single T then :D

Hi Doris, I hope you are feeling well soon. There will be lots of celebrations for St Pat's Day here tomorrow, and it is the first day of our Autumn Festival, so it will coincide, street parades etc planned. They won't want rain on their parade either!
If it is dry tomorrow I'll go into town with my camera.

Annie, haven't mowed the lawn for weeks! Would love to have reason to lol

Peter, I believe you........I think ;-)

Scene Chaser
03-16-2013, 05:59 AM
Good Day All,

Geoff? Just so you know you are missed.

Glad you're feeling better, Annie.

My upgrade download of Lion to the Mac was not successful yesterday. Will have to call Apple. I'll be taking a bite out of them.

We had a dusting of snow early this morning, the roads will not be nice. Good thing it Saturday. I did have to check the calendar to be sure. :)

Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day. Kinda wish I was going to a ceilidh.

Bill

painterbear
03-16-2013, 06:16 AM
Good Morning all,
It is just past 6:00 a.m. here in still dark and wet Oakwood. It rained quite a bit during the early hours of the day and the street is still glistening under the light. No rain at this moment, although we may get more according to the weather mavens.

I'm off to the Library for a presentation by our local historian on the Great Dayton Flood that took place 100 years ago this month. I read a really interesting book about it, Time of Terror by Alan Eckart, when we were stationed here in the 1980s and found it fascinating. So I'm looking forward to hearing this discussion today.

Bill, I haven't decided about getting Lion for my Mac yet. Once you get it loaded, let me know if you think it is worth the trouble to do. Sorry your first attempt didn't go smoothly though. Not a good sign. :o

Annie, Glad you felt well enough to Gallery sit. Sounds like people are responding to the new Gallery very well. :thumbsup: We are in the early stages of seeing new things popping out of the soil...long way to go before grass needs mowing though. Lots of birds showing up in the back yard probably migrating north from their winter down south.

Pat, Sorry about Winnie not being able to have the operation she needs for pain relief, but I'm sure the doctors assessed the situation carefully before saying they couldn't do it. Lovely new bathroom with shower. If you think a handle would help her feel safer, they sell ones here in the States that you can apply and are held with some sort of suction device (http://drugsupplystore.com/servlet/the-495/Suction-Cup-Tub-Bath/Detail#.UURF5BmPGHk) to the walls.

Doris, Hope you feel better soon and get a good night's sleep. Good luck getting across the city in the midst of the St. Patrick's Day celebration!

:wave: to Peter, Lulu, Doug, and all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

LCPainterCat
03-16-2013, 07:04 AM
Just Mac Stuff:

Good Morning Sylvia and Bill - And any other "Mac People" on board.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but it is my understanding that if one has upgraded to Snow Leopard OS 10.6.8, then LION, which was pretty much a failure in the eyes of most reviewers and users, can be skipped, and for c. $20.00, you can download and go straight to MOUNTAIN Lion, the newest OS, which has had generally much, much better reviews.

I upgraded through two versions last week, (I think my four-year old iMac is about the same age as Sylvia's) and successfully installed them in preparation for Mountain Lion. My "half-way" broadband, an AT&T USB gadget, isn't very "broad," so it will not be able to download Mountain Lion, which requires a lot of bandwidth, so I will have to use a CD version, which my CA techie son had made for me at an Apple store. (Apple thinks everyone has big-time broadband, so they don't normally sell a CD for Mountain Lion.) The CD is on its way -- I'll let you know how it goes!

Lynn/LC

shipbroker
03-16-2013, 08:20 AM
Afternoon all........

Home now,just going into market for some parcel tape for the painting wrap-up and will look in this afternoon between the rugby games.

geoff

Scene Chaser
03-16-2013, 08:21 AM
Lynn, I was told by my Apple store that Mountain Lion was not available on CD, too. I tried to download for seven hours and finally quit. I'll find out more when I contact Apple. I may have to have it added at the store.
Bill

CharM
03-16-2013, 08:27 AM
Good morning! Ours is a pretty, white winter wonderland... It snowed lightly overnight and there's only a couple inches on the ground, but because everything had warmed above freezing the past few days, the snow has stuck.

Matt is working both jobs today, at the Residence and then the Superstore. It's his birthday. Imagine that... a little Irish boy, born the day BEFORE St. Patrick's Day. His teenage brothers begged me to hold on for just one day... :lol: We'll celebrate tomorrow, though, which seems appropriate.

For me, today is a varnishing day. I have three little paintings and two larger ones that need to be finished. Two will go to the Gallery, one is for demo purposes when I begin my Beginner Workshop next week, one is for me and I'm donating one to my Service Group... Poof! Gone. :lol:

Peter, a doppleganger?

Annie, I sure hope that since you decided to Gallery Sit that you're definitely on the mend. It's always reassuring to hear that there are sales... even half a world away...

((Doris)) How's your friend doing with her new hip?

It's snowing again.

Hi planless Doug of the Elliott clan with an unsavoury past! :)

Lulu, :crossfingers: that those black clouds are carrying rain for your parched earth...

Bill, based on your post along with Sylvia and Lynn's, I'm going to assume that Lion is an upgrade to your operating system. It almost feels like PC upgrades where every other one seems to be stable. Good luck with this...

Hiya Sylvia and Lynn... and Geoff!!!

Coffee is calling my name. It's time for a second cup... Please have the very best possible day! :heart:

Flattwo
03-16-2013, 09:13 AM
Hi to All

Snowing here

Lulu, the migration of people around the British Isles is interesting. Dougs clan moved from Scotland to Ulster, my wifes family moved from Ulster to Scotland, the other half moved from England to Scotland, part of my family moved from Eire to Scotland. My brother moved from Scotland to Cyprus and then to Newcastle in England, we are all a mish mash on these islands!

Approx 900,000 Poles have migrated to the UK when the EU borders opened up, it might be interesting to know that the flow went the other way a while back

"From as far back as the mid 15th century there were Scots trading and settling in Poland. A Scot's Pedlar Pack in Poland, which became a proverbial expression, usually consisted of cloths, woollen goods and linen handkerchiefs. Itinerants also sold tin and ironware such as scissors and knives. Along with the protection offered by King Stephen in the Royal Grant of 1576 a district in Krakow was assigned to Scots immigrants.
Records from 1592 reveal Scots settlers being granted citizenship of Krakow giving their employment as trader or merchant. Payment for being granted citizenship ranged from 12 Polish florins to a musket and gunpowder or an undertaking to marry within a year and a day of acquiring a holding.
By the 1600s there were an estimated 30,000 Scots living in Poland. Many came from Dundee and Aberdeen and could be found in Polish towns from Krakow to Lublin. Settlers from Aberdeenshire were mainly Episcopalians or Catholics, but there were also large numbers of Calvinists. As well as Scottish traders there were also many Scottish soldiers in Poland.
The Scots integrated well and many acquired great wealth. They contributed to many charitable institutions in the host country, but did not forget their homeland; for example, in 1701 when collections were made for the restoration fund of the Marischal College, Aberdeen, the Scottish settlers in Poland gave generously.
Many Royal Grants and privileges were granted to Scottish merchants until the 1700s at which time the settlers began to merge more and more into the native population. Bonnie Prince Charlie was half Polish, being the son of James Edward Stewart and Clementina Sobieska, granddaughter of Jan Sobieski, King of Poland"

Henry

LynnM
03-16-2013, 09:16 AM
Hi all! no white here, just brown (raw sienna really) grass but bright. Apparently there will be sun later, but not above 0C. I walked yesterday after all, was very nice, fresh wind, not too cold, sun.

Good news about the gallery, Annie. I love sitting at ours, too, in fact I did a little still life just to be doing something (not much for dusting!). But unless it is an opening, or Christmas, not usually too much traffic all at once, just steady.

No Char, I wasn't skating myself, just vicariously! Dance pairs today, and ladies long program tonight. I've been delighted to discover the streaming on CBC.ca. Apparently it is what they screen on their Bold channel on TV, and I don't get that with my service, so a bonus!

Listening to Stewart McLean (http://www.cbc.ca/vinylcafe/), love his stories! For those in the US, think a Canadian Garrison Keilor.

Doris, I hope you got back to sleep.

Hi Lynn/LC, Geoff, Bill, Lulu, Sylvia, Doug, Peter and all to come, have a rewarding day!

Edit: Henry, very interesting. My family migrated too, Dad's from Ireland to southern England early on, my great, great grandmother from N. Ireland to Scotland, and of course part of the Scottish diaspora settled in and developed Canada in it's early days.

Strawberry Wine
03-16-2013, 09:55 AM
Good Day Washers !

Overcast and - 7 C :( We still have about a week of this before it will slowly start to warm up.

Bill, a friend was having racoon problems so he started trapping and releasing.. A week or so would go by a new racoons would move in. At some point, he began to think that it might be the same racoon. returning. So he sprayed a bit of white paint down a line on his back and decides he is going to double the distance to his release site. So he drove to Gravenhurst 81.4 km. (50 miles) and released him in a forested area... Well you know the rest of the story....... Yep, he was back in 9 days.

The same older friend told me that if you are trapping and releasing squirrels you need to take them about 13 km (20 miles) away. Spray them and you will know for sure.

Char, I will head to the Studio to see your finished fox. WE may be going to Currys this week>What is the name of the no toxic smell spray fixative you use?

Pat, I am so sorry Winnie is unable to have the surgery. If the anesthesiologist is uncomfortable then the entire team is on pins and needles . So basically, it is their decision. I don't think the suction in grab bars are safety approved here in Canada. She really should have one mounted on the wall above and to the front right (assuming she is right handed) of the shower chair. One of those young fellows can install it in minutes.

Lynn, we listen to Stewart McLean often One of my favourite stories is the "putting in a new plug for the toaster" :lol:

Well we need to go into town this morning to pick up a couple of things we forgot to get when we were grocery shopping yesterday so I better get myself ready.

Cheers,

Gail

shipbroker
03-16-2013, 10:44 AM
Moved into the office so I can watch Italy v Ireland rugby whilst I catch up with my e-mails,labels etc...then the Wales v England game.

Our family are fairly calm movementwise...my Mothers clan can be traced till about 1526 all within about 35 miles mainly in County Durham, some were miners and the others went to sea as fisherman or sailors.
My Dads family I am trying to trace without much success at present but for last 150 years mostly in and around the same area as now...it would appear.

Eileens family background is totally Irish......her own parents families came from the North & South...which were all one of course in the 1890's, however, the family much beyond that would have been Scots displaced in the 'settlements'.... The Corrs and the Macbeths /McBeths.
It is interesting that of the families that came over here at the turn of the century they all came to England and none to USA, which was unusual.....

geoff

NancyR
03-16-2013, 10:49 AM
Yesterday we hit 88 degrees. It was beautiful, and all the flowers are out for planting. I could not resist, so I bought new pots to replace the clay pots and some potting soil. I did not need the soil, but it will not go to waste. Of course, there is another cold front that will come through this week. Last year I waited too long and there very few flowers left. I want to buy another large container and a new rose bush.

Today, we are going to clean the garage. I have to go through all of mother's things. I plan on just putting them in the attic.

Lulu, I hope the rain arrives soon.

Annie, I am glad that you are feeling better.

Henry, very interesting info on Poland. My grandparents all came from there and settled in Chicago. One set was from German Poland, the other set was from Russian Poland. Through a Polish website, I was able to trace back the family tree to the 18th century. I was very excited to find the information.

Got to run and start the laundry.

Flattwo
03-16-2013, 10:51 AM
Hi

Here are as couple of new photos taken by my brother in northern Thailand

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Mar-2013/3457-886823_10151569345084853_213944395_o1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Mar-2013/3457-885955_10151569202189853_848999276_o1.jpg

I notice that there was white smoke coming out of the local employment centre...they must have found someone a job!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Mar-2013/3457-861497_10151491314519138_505377739_n1.jpg

Henry

Yorky
03-16-2013, 10:52 AM
I notice that there was white smoke coming out of the local employment centre...they must have found someone a job!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Two more great photos Henry.

Doug

olliewood0702
03-16-2013, 11:09 AM
HAppy Day all..

I'm sure all the pubs around here will be very busy tonight seeling green beer.

We got snow last night...it was all done and now everything is white once again.:rolleyes:

I've got to run to a couple of places. There is a pair of sneakers for sale at JC PENNEY that I want to look at and I have a prescription to pick up.

Larry is working from 7-3 today. I got to sleep in a bit but he didn't; poor guy.:rolleyes: Maybe he'll take a nap later.

We want to go to the Toyota dealer later for an open house they are having today. THey sent us a letter and want our used Camry. We'll see just what they will offer. It's a 2003 and has 177,000 miles on it and STILL gets 34 mpg. We've only had oil changes and put new tires on that car...it's been amazing; love my car.:thumbsup:

I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!

Off to visit the gallery:thumbsup:

BBL:wave: :heart:

ollieowl
03-16-2013, 12:19 PM
Its quite warm here bit wet but OK

I don't believe you Peter :D?
it's true Doug very time he saw my camera he turned away
here in the middle from there web site :D:Dnot my photo

http://www.jharper.demon.co.uk/switchon1.htm

CharM :Peter, a doppleganger?

yes we all have one its spooky when you dump in it
Mine was in Henley-on Thames as I was going into a shop he was coming out
we both were trying to push the door then both realized it was not our reflection in the door. As I have red shirt on he had a white shirt on other than that both same :eek: even down beard and Moustache both same

Henry: beautiful photos

:heart::heart::heart::thumbsup:

kaypainter
03-16-2013, 12:58 PM
Well I've been down with a cold too. First day had a migraine to go with it. Can't tell you what your sinuses feel like with that combo. Second day took it easy. Third day the coughing starts. Oh fun. I did actually sleep last night, although I thought I wouldn't be able to.

I will try to photograph some of the new jewelry pieces this weekend. I thought they were finished, but . . . just like my paintings, I tend to fiddle. :lol: Tomorrow I will be trapped in my apartment -- well actually my neighborhood -- as they are running the LA Marathon tomorrow (St. Patrick's Day -- who decides these things :rolleyes:), and all these street will be blocked off. No use trying to drive anywhere.

Esme is doing better on the larger dose of insulin. Don't know if we are "there" yet, but it's better.

Wow Darla. I bought my 2000 Camry used in 2003 with just over 33,000 miles on it and just cracked 97,000. Guess I don't drive much anymore. I do actually try not to drive when I know I can walk someplace. I love driving -- it's the parking I can't stand.

Henry :lol: Interesting about the Scots in Poland. Did not know that. Lovely photos again from your brother.

Loved that video in yesterday's wash Gail. Gave me a good laugh.

Doris I hope you get some sleep and the trip to your friend's is not too arduous.

Beautiful painting Geoff. Great that you got a sale on it. :thumbsup:

Lynn/LC thanks for the info on Mac OS. My computer came with Lion and I have not bothered to do the upgrade. Guess I should before it's too late and none of the other programs work. I hate upgrading. It's never simple -- Right Bill?

Peter that reminds me of that old Harpo Marx/Lucille Ball routine where they think it is a mirror image, but they are imitating each other.

Annie glad your gallery is making sales. That's wonderful.

At least in the Irish Parade, you don't have to truly remember dance steps, shake your tummy uncovered and flop your feathers on the head.

:lol:

Pat that is a great shower room. So sorry that Winnie can't have the op, but so glad her doctors are very conscientious.

Well I'd better get going if I'm going to get anything done today.

:wave: :wave: to all HAWLTAIN

Kay

Flattwo
03-16-2013, 01:21 PM
Kay, our Prime Minister, David Cameron is half Scottish, he keeps quiet about it though, I suspect because of the independence debate going on here.

We are all part of this Earth and becoming homogenised as time goes on

The song by Blue Mink.....Melting Pot is apt I think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HHT_V294Co

My brothers daughters have duel natonality Canadian/British, my other brother has 2 children born in Scotland and 2 in England from his second marriage to a Newcastle girl, another brother had a child half Thai/Scots but was unfortunately killed in a mudslide at the age of 2. an nephew who is half Scots/English has an daughter, the mother originates from the Carribean

Henry

happhoto
03-16-2013, 01:57 PM
Hello washerbuds!!

Will not even make an effort in trying to catch up on past washes as there are simply too many and not enough hours to accomplish the goal.
Life has been quite hectic lately, nothing huge, just more on the plate than usual and so my morning computer time has been greatly curtailed…which means less wash time for me, even to the point of hopping on and reading for a few minutes before setting off on the next task.

Anne and I are for the most part doing well, minor things aside. I got a big cortisone shot in my knee this week and the anesthetic that they included in the dose is wearing off so I’m having some knee discomfort now..but that should wear off in another day or so.

The artistic muse has been on hold as well, Dr’s appointments and such have kept both wifey and I occupied more than we’d like. The next week or so looks about the same too. With Baseball season looming ahead in the next two weeks or so, I’ve been back at the ballpark doing some training of new personnel as well.

Anne is out getting a theraputic massage, and I need to do some grocery shopping...I will TRY to make it back today!!
Hugs to all!
hap

Yorky
03-16-2013, 02:55 PM
Good to hear from you Hap, we getting a little worried.

Doug

Uschi
03-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Good afternoone everyone!!

I am going to do what Hap did and just say HI to you all. Read everythging but too many to respond to.

I played table tennis this morning, then on the way home did some last minute shopping for tonight's dinner with the family. Then I immediately started getting stuff ready, dishes from last night's surprise visitor, laying table and other odds and ends.

We are not having anything fancy, homemade carrot soup which is quite good and lo and behold the kids like it. Bought frozen garlic and cheese breads to go along with it and will be baked as they get here. I have 6 packages of frozen "snackies", i.e. sausage rolls, little quiches, Greek things etc. which are taking a lot of space in the freezer, so we are having those and then for desert apple pie with ice cream. They won't be hungry but I don't know if they will be satisfied. I would be because the "snackies" are my most favourite kind of food and that is why I am giving it away:lol:

I needed a rest and some lunch, so I am here, but still need to wipe the floor, dropped stuff all over the place.

Henry :lol: :lol: :lol:

:wave: Uschi

NancyR
03-16-2013, 03:42 PM
Afternoon all,

The garage has been cleaned out! Donations have been delivered to Goodwill, attic stuff has been put away, recyclables are in the bin, and garbage will go out next Sunday for Monday pickup. It sure helps when DH is there to help and decided on what to keep and what to throw.

Backyard is finished and looks so pretty. Hope the flowers don't die from the cold wave that is coming. Well, I need to go take a bath and get ready for this afternoon's cleaning out of mother's clothes that she will not wear.

Hugs to all.

WthrLady
03-16-2013, 03:44 PM
Hey all!

Sunny DRY DRY DRY, Pollen laden, WINDY and almost 85'! WHOOT!

I took the new Escoda Pearlas out for a spin today. I'll put my review on the learning zone.

Hope all are having a good afternoon :D

juneto
03-16-2013, 04:00 PM
Henry , That is So interesting about the Scot's in Poland . Our 2 Aides are Polish and Russian but speak Polish And Russan, as a result of the Russian invasion or also ,living next to their borders .
They were forced to learn and speak Russian or are actually half and half ethnically, so some hate the Russians or Are half Russian in fact ! Talk about being conflicted .:lol: Took me a long time to figure that one out. Luckily Lou took Russian in college so he can speak some to them.
We searched for Louie's ancestry ,Pryor in Ireland, but could never find anything , so we are still in the dark .
June:) :wave:

Flattwo
03-16-2013, 04:28 PM
June, thats a pity you can't trace the family tree, have you tried Ancestry.co.uk

Henry

Lulu
03-16-2013, 05:21 PM
Morning all:wave:
Clouds are still gathering.........:crossfingers:
Will go into town soon to photograph the festivitiess

Really interesting info Henry.

Have just heard an address by Pope Francis. You were right Lynn, he chose his name after St Francis of Assisi. He has a heart for the poor. :thumbsup:

shipbroker
03-16-2013, 05:40 PM
Evening all.

Just watching France v Scotland rugby, so far the best teams have all won and won well!

Lulu. When you go to the Gulf will you be going to the Bon Jovi Concerts?? Perhaps not...

Heavy rain here but I am off to be soon as poor night in hotel

geoff

Lulu
03-16-2013, 05:47 PM
Lulu. When you go to the Gulf will you be going to the Bon Jovi Concerts?? Perhaps not...

Well..........John would say 'Bon who??' :lol: :lol:
Our family sent through our personal itinery this morning - looks good!

Just read that Jeremy Clarkson, presenter of Top Gear, had this to say about New Zealand -

New Zealand, he writes, is "absolutely stunning; bite-the-back-of-your-hand-to-stop-yourself-from-crying-out lovely".
:thumbsup:

ps We've got some wet stuff falling, light but it's still wet..........:clap:

LynnM
03-16-2013, 07:24 PM
JJ, I've just been watching the young lady from Australia skate, Brooklee is her name, she did a lovely job, nice jumper and spinner, and just qualifying for the long program is an accomplishment. We'll see how far she gets.

Super photos again, Henry, that misty one is begging to be painted, if I could do it.

Good to see you, Hap!

Well, Lulu, I can't claim it as an original thought, I think it was someone connected to our Cardinal that I saw interviewed, who had that idea... I guess he might know!

Have a good evening/night everyone :)

laudesan
03-16-2013, 08:09 PM
Good morning! Ours is a pretty, white winter wonderland... It snowed lightly overnight and there's only a couple inches on the ground, but because everything had warmed above freezing the past few days, the snow has stuck.Oh lucky you!!!!!!

I had an incredible dream last night, that I was skiing for the very first time. The skis were a beautiful glowing light oak colour with red accents. The clamps where one puts their boot in, was red. My ski suit was white with red lines on it. It was the most amazing experience. I was in no pain, the rush of the wind on my face, I can still feel it several hours later. Oh - it was heaven!!! So real!~!!!!!!

Did Matt even have a birthday dinner. I bet you cooked him a cake.. Darn shame doing both jobs today..

I do enjoy your brothers photography, Henry.

Kay, so glad to read Esme is doing better.

Hap wonderful to see you checking in. Hugs!!!!!

Lynn, go the Aussies!! :-)

I am going to plant my sweat pea seeds today.

Right now I am going to make a coffee, and go look at car website. I want to purchase a small, hopefully diesel 4WD and I know nothing about them at all.

Europa
03-16-2013, 08:43 PM
EVENING WASHGANGEROOS!!

Will start by wishing everyone

HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY!!!

It is 17th here and I may not get back in later.

Am quite happy with the decision re Mum's operation - much better to be safe and sorry. The only thing am annoyed about is that due to the miscommunication we have wasted a number of weeks where Mum could by now have seen the pain specialist rather than suffering. I will be mentioning this to the consultant when we get an appt.

Re the grab bars for the wetroom - they did supply some but we asked them not to put them up - so we have them on standby but Mum doesn't need them as I am with her when she is showering and I help her up and down. She has the substantial arm rests on the seat to get up and straight onto her zimmer.

As for the suction ones - we have had them before and frankly they were rubbish - kept coming off the wall - not safe at all and would not recommend anyone get them.

No snow here for us - yeahhhhhhhh - but raining - but that I can handle.

Hope everyone is doing ok - better make a move and see whether Winnie is ready for bed - mind you she slept till after 2pm this afternoon.

Waving to everyone :wave:

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

juneto
03-16-2013, 10:56 PM
We will have to try that Henry .It sure sounds like an English name and they were here during the Revolution .
June:wave: