PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Friday 15th March 2013**

shipbroker
03-14-2013, 11:55 PM
Good Morning World.

Well it is dry and obviously somewhat dark out there but rain is forecast later.

Will have another try at sleep soon, Eileen read for first two hours but that isn't unusual!

Have a nice day.

geoff

Yorky
03-15-2013, 02:35 AM
Good morning all.

I hope you are fast asleep now Geoff.

I slept better last night but still only 5 hours.

A trip to Preston is on the cards for today, shopping for coats, wool and a visit to David's.

Doug

ollieowl
03-15-2013, 03:36 AM
morning Geoff & Doug

it's dull and cool here
may be going Bletchley park (http://www.bletchleypark.org.uk/) today

my sleep pattern got wacko :D
catch thee all later

HAWLTAIN :heart:2 all else

Yorky
03-15-2013, 03:49 AM
Hi Peter. I would love to visit Bletchley Park.

Drizzling here but a little warmer at 4C.

Doug

doppler
03-15-2013, 04:10 AM
Good evening.

Sleep is for where you can take it.

Roger went to work today.

I coughed and coughed and coughed. I do not have a why chromosome so this is truly awful.. Am feeling marginally better than last week, but hey ho as Geoff would say. Shopping done, house cleaned of sorts, at least the really grotty stuff, friend ferried to Samford. She still can't walk well and her consultant was spectacularly uncomforting. They train in that I think.

Got chicken korma on the stove so shall have to go and boil something to go with it.

Lulu
03-15-2013, 04:11 AM
Hi everyone:wave:
Friday is skype night.....:heart: lots of fun talking, and planning our visit:thumbsup:

A warm day, 27C today. Rain is still promised on Sunday :crossfingers:
The entire North Island has been declared a drought now.

Out and about today, not much done at home, so big tidy/clean tomorrow then hopefully some more painting.

Have a good weekend everyone:wave:

Yorky
03-15-2013, 04:17 AM
Good morning Annie, Lulu.

Sorry you "man flu" is lingering, these colds seem to last weeks these days.

Hi Lulu, not long now. Hope you get your much needed rain.

Doug

Lulu
03-15-2013, 04:57 AM
No, not long now Doug. Have to ask all we need to in the next couple of weeks too, they are going to Turkey for their school holidays at the beginning of April. We get there in their first week back to school.

Yes, getting pretty desperate here for farmers especially, the dryest it's been ever apparently.

Annie ((( ))), get better soon! I love the why chromosome lol

laudesan
03-15-2013, 05:16 AM
:wave: All

Sun shone today, it was very warm. I have just got home from feeding Tania's menagerie..

Peter, Bletchley Park looks like a neat place to visit.

((((Annie))))

Supper time...........

Scene Chaser
03-15-2013, 07:09 AM
Good Day All,

((Annie))

Peter, enjoy Bletchley Park. Love the architecture.

Doug, only five hours here, too, but will return for a nap soon. Enjoy your day out.

((New Zealand)) hoping for rain, Lulu.

Geoff, Janet watches TV in bed, but I bought her earphones, which was really a gift to myself. :)

JJ, glad you had sun. We may get a little snow today.
I had breakfast as you ate supper. :)

My Mac upgrade went well, now I will download the Lion upgrade, and I'm done. Then taxes.

Trout for dinner.
Bill

ScarletLake
03-15-2013, 07:55 AM
TGIF:clap: :clap:

Yes I said it TGIF --for someone who isn't working at the moment I had a full time week this week:lol: :lol:

The cardiologist appt with my dad went well. He certainly is better than he was at the beginning of Jan. Still so sad to see his mental abilities decline. Watching his interaction with the Dr. yesterday was like watching when you take your children to the Dr. Very sad.:crying: :crying:

The main problem yesterday was not dealing with my dad but my stepmom. She made the entire trip a nightmare. It really is her behavior that is out of control. She yells at my dad constantly, tired to tell everyone how to do their jobs and is satisified with nothing. I was so glad to get him back to the nursing home and leave her there for the rest of the afternoon.

Then my half sister calls me on my way home and want to know how it went. I told her fine but you need two people to handle them. One for Dad and one for her mom. I really didn't care how she liked that ---it was the truth and I had been the one doing all the dealing yesterday.

I went home and no joke --took an Aleve and slept 3 hours. :lol: :lol:

Today I can relax and meeting up with a good friend who has been through a lot in her personal life lately. We can both just hang out and window shop and have lunch and talk. Great girls day out to re energize ourselves. :wink2: :wink2:

Weather here today is to get to 50 degrees. Great.

Everyone have a great day

Anita

shipbroker
03-15-2013, 08:08 AM
Morning again...

Yes the rain has returned but lightly...still slightly warmer but dull.....

Just had Paypal telling me I have sold another medium sized Acrylic via the website.........not quite the volume that Henry manages but it is two this year..sort of agrees with what I think Uschi said about watercolours not selling.....the two that have gone are both landscapes but acrylic...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Mar-2013/84585-small_mashamart_007.jpg

This is a view from Sutton Bank across to where JudyL used to live.

geoff

CharM
03-15-2013, 08:12 AM
Hey Ho... Last day of the work week for most... TGIF for Darla... Good morning to everyone! It's cloudy and cool here with a promise of flurries or rain. A good day to just stay snuggled indoors.

We bought a new microwave oven yesterday. The one we've been using is Matt's and he wanted to move it to his new place. Our old one had caught fire while popping corn awhile ago :eek: and Matthew had picked up his at the second hand store. So, we *stored* his in our kitchen.

Magoo stopped by after supper to pick up a few more things. He ate our leftovers... :lol: And boxed up more stuff... He'll be a long time moving out. That's ok.

Hi Geoff... I can never get comfortable trying to sit up in bed to read, so Ted is spared my bedside light.

Hi Doug and Peter... sounds like you both have good plans for the day.

((Annie)) Get well!

Hi Lulu... I think we can all feel your excitement! Don't you feel absolutely helpless when suffering a drought???

Thank goodness your upgrade went well, Bill...

:wave: JJ...

I've made the coffee and just waiting for Ted... kitty herd has been fed, given their treats and sent outside awhile.

I hope your day is the very best possible... :heart:

Anyone heard from Carolynn and Doris and Lyn lately? Anybody know where Jimmy (Dahliaman) is?

EDIT: We x-posted Anita and Geoff...

Anita, perhaps your Stepmother is lashing out in frustration, not knowing how to get things back to what she wants them to be... It's a sad time for you and you've handled it as best you can... Please try not to stress over this because it flares your fibromyalgia...

Geoff! Congratulations on the sale of your beautiful painting.

olliewood0702
03-15-2013, 08:17 AM
HAPPY FRIDAY!

It's finally almost the weekend and not a moment too soon.:D

We are expecting snow early today, then changing to all rain, then tonight back to snow and we could get 2-4 inches.It's very gloomy out there now YUCK.:rolleyes:

Anita, I'm sorry you had such a stressful day taking your Dad to the doctor. Your step-Mom should learn to chill. Glad you are having lunch with your friend.

Doug, have a fun trip to Preston for shopping and visiting!

Geoff, Hello! That painting is FANTASTIC and CONGRATULATIONS on it's sale!

Annie, hope you feel better REAL soon. Those colds do linger so long.

LuLu, my boss is from Turkey (Istanbul). He's Americanized now though. He's been here since 1974 but goes home every year in June to visit with his Mother. She's 82 and he's an only child and his Father has passed on. I hope your family has a wonderful holiday in Turkey. I'd LOVE to visit there someday; so much history. A drought is not a good thing; hope you get that rain on Sunday.

Bill, hope you get your nap.

Waving to JJ AND PETER~!

Char, have a great day!

Larry has to work this weekend so I'm hoping to get some painting in.:thumbsup:

Have a GREAT DAY EVERYONE!:wave: :heart:

mozapony
03-15-2013, 08:27 AM
Hiya Folks,
Popping into write, thought someone was looking for an organic marketplace for purchasing groceries, grains, flours, seeds, dairy products, animal feed, etc. Here is a website in eastern Ontario, a farm that ships to local suppliers (see map). It might be what you are looking for.

However, I couldn't find anything about the products being Non-GMO, would have to contact them directly to find out more. * shrugs *

Homestead Organics (http://www.homesteadorganics.ca/default.aspx)

Wish you all a nice day/night.
regards
Sandee

NancyR
03-15-2013, 08:58 AM
Hooray:clap: We have free WiFi at work. I can now use my first iPad to carry back and forth to work for listening to my radio stations. I knew we were going to be getting it in mid March, but I found out by accident.

We will be in the 80s today and tomorrow. It will be clean out the mound of mother's stuff in the garage. Most of it will go in the attic. That will be an exciting day.

Annie, I hope you continue to get better over the weekend.

Anita, any visit with one elderly patient to the doctor is taxing, but two would drive me over the edge. You are to be commended and deserved that thrr hour nap.

Char, I love my new microwave. They have so improved over the first models.

Darla, thank goodness the weekend is here.

Lulu, we are in a moderate drought here. They are not fun to go through, especially for our flowers. That is why I switched to container gardening. I have some plants that survived the winter and have already greened up.

Geoff, Congratulations on selling another painting.

Well, off to working. Hugs to all in need.

Flattwo
03-15-2013, 09:51 AM
Hi to All

Geoff, that is a super painting, I can see why it sold. The dusting of snow on the fields is very effective along with the perspective, congratulations!

Sorry to hear about the lack of sleep for some folk here, it is not a problem I have, the opposite applies to me!

Back to painting

Speak later

Henry

JudyL
03-15-2013, 10:12 AM
Morning (here anyway) just gone 7 am here, kids not here yet, we have been asked to take the bunch (including BF) to school :rolleyes: Just as well it's pizza friday.
Things went well yesterday, a bonus Kids took the bus home so Jack got lots of sleep they give him Benadryl, so he got lots of sleep mostly in the "man chair"
I put all sorts of veg in the slow cooker so will be anxious to find what I have created, oh and may create a wc later.

TTFN

Scene Chaser
03-15-2013, 10:14 AM
Anita, thank goodness your father has you.

Congrats, Geoff, on the sale of a really fine painting. Love how you interpreted the snow in the plowed fields. Your perspective is terrific.

Char, Matt wonít entirely move out until heís hitched himself. :) I'm just remembering how I went through the move.

Henry, I would like to try your sleep problem for a week or two.

Darla, I had a nap. Dreamed I was back at school and didn't recognize the place anymore. Probably because I ran into a teacher friend at Costco and had a great reunion.

Sandee, we buy organics whenever itís available, though, itís more expensive. Eating nonorganics has been described as slowly poisoning oneís self.

Ms. Feral is lying at my feet with her eye on the door, as there is a really big 40 lb. coon in the live trap a few feet from her bedroom .
Bill

Uschi
03-15-2013, 10:18 AM
Dreary day here. Decided not to go and practice single table tennis in Mississauga but friend I was going with is coming over any minute.

Geoff makes us smile with his cat clips, Gail sent me THIS (http://vimeo.com/61275290) and it really tickled my fancy, am still laughing when I think about it so I thought maybe it would make you smile too.

BBL :wave: Uschi

LynnM
03-15-2013, 10:57 AM
:wave: Good day all! Grey day here, but still chuckling Uschi (and Gail) thanks for that!!!

Not much happening here, except waiting to see the skating on live streaming at 12:00. It will come on TV at 3 and 7 tonight, but I can't wait. I checked to see how much of my band allowance it is using, and yesterday I watched all the ladies short programs for 15% of my monthly allowance, so I don't mind that (I don't have the largest account) as I don't do much else except download Johannes classes. It is only available in Canada, though.

I'm waiting to call my DIL, she should be home later today. She is finally getting back from trying to settle her father's affairs, poor soul has been having a hard time.

That's a scene, Bill, where are Lulu's pens....or yours for that matter! Sounds like a nice positive dream you had. I find I am having dreams like that more often, reaching into the past.

Lovely painting, Geoff, that is the feature of the British countryside that appeals to me most, the patchwork of fields, some wonderful designs there, have never been able to photograph it to please me.

Handy to have that wifi Nancy. Wish I had it here....trouble with my network, so I just unhooked it all.

Hope you get your painting in this weekend, Darla!

I'm staying in today too, Char, will walk the stairs instead.

Enjoy your relaxing day, Anita, you deserve it!

((((Annie)))) I'm so sorry you got that cough that hangs on. Something similar has gone around up here....my daughter's little pupils gave it to her before Christmas, no fun :eek:

Hi Peter, Doug, Lulu, JJ, Sandee, Henry, Judy and all to come!

:grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

Edit: Just watched Alan Owen's video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DJV_5mvG8M) he posted on March 7, especially nice one! He calls it how to paint a sky, but of course he fills in the rest beautifully.

Ellen in Ont
03-15-2013, 10:59 AM
:wave: everyone,
It's still snowing so I am on my way out the door to shovel again.:rolleyes: it's becoming a daily routine. There is only a few inches so it will only take about half an hour.

I am nightshift tonight and tomorrow so I need a little nap this afternoon. I'm hoping things are different at work. The last few shifts have been very busy and stressful.

I need to get the shovelling done before Brian gets home from running some errands (his rib muscles are still very sore from hurting them at work so shovelling is my job for now) because he needs a hair cut before lunch. He is going to a volunteer fireman's dinner tomorrow and I won't have another time to do it before then. So I'll just wish everyone a great start to the weekend and get moving.

Europa
03-15-2013, 11:03 AM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!

I think am cracking up - am sure I put a post on Tuesday's thread but can't find any trace of it. :eek: ...so if I put it somewhere else by mistake I apologise for posting it again.

We went for the pre op assessment on Tuesday and spoke to another anaethetist and after a long discussion and realisation that somewhere along the line there has been some element of miscommunication....on the letter we received it looked as though the op was going ahead but on the actual notes it wasn't soooooo Mum is not having the operation.

The doctor said both options (general or scalene block) would be too dangerous and she could die from either. He was really lovely with her - they only have two main anaethetists who can do interscalene blocks in such a way that no other anaesthetic is needed - he had spoken to the main one and he had refused to do the op because of the high risk.

Soooooo we are going to go back to see the orthopeadic surgeon to see what other options are available re pain alleviation. Disappointing but much better to be safe than sorry and as I told Mum - if she died on the operating table we would lose our free television licence and heating allowance. :evil: ;)

She will be having her cataract operation on Monday though. :thumbsup:

More good news -the new wetroom is finally finished - Mum had a shower this morning - she was a bit nervous at first but soon realised she was safe. Here are some pics.....(of the wetroom - not of Mum in the shower.....LOL)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Mar-2013/29499-wetroom.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Mar-2013/29499-wetroom_1.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Mar-2013/29499-wetroom_2.JPG

We have finally managed to swap the hackney plates over on the cab and have found out that our John's 'friend' had no right in charging us rent on the plate as we were classed as part owners. However we have decided to let it go and not put it on the final bill to him which he should get this weekend so we wait and see.

Have scanned through the washes and forgotten what I read....lol....although I did see a mention that Magoo has moved out Char....well that should be a wake up call for sure bless him.

I remember when Jamie left to go to University - he started in the October and weighed over 14 stone - he came back at Christmas and weighed 12 stone - by the time he returned after Christmas he had gone up to over 13 stone - no wonder he hugged the fridge as soon as he got in the house....LOL.

Well better make a move and get some office work done - hope everyone is doing ok and white light to those in need.

Waving to everyone :wave:

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

Europa
03-15-2013, 11:07 AM
Oh just realised I forgot to mention how thrilled I am we have a new Pope - first impressions seem very good.

So hopefully Pope Francis will bring a breath of fresh air to the church. Have noticed a lot of people are calling him Pope Francis I - that is actually incorrect - it was mentioned by one of the Cardinals interviewed on the tv the other night....seems they only become...the first....when someone else takes the same name and becomes the second......so now we know.....lol.

Seems also my learned friend The Archbishop of Westminster said on Radio 4 interview that........' after all the Pope is a Catholic '.....wow now there is a revelation.......LOL.

LUGGLES

Pat x

JudyL
03-15-2013, 11:15 AM
Oh Geoff, that painting is lovely we really want to return to the UK sometime, hopefully soon!
Pat, we think the new Pope is a lovely person!

ollieowl
03-15-2013, 12:16 PM
just got back from Bletchley park

did not take many pic'e
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Mar-2013/159407-bletchley_2.jpg

did take this one of the Bombe I think some else was there to :thumbsup:

being dragged out again

shipbroker
03-15-2013, 12:58 PM
Afternoon all.

Thanks your comments on the sale,I realise I don't post many of any sort on WC. Glad you liked it JudyL know how much you liked it up here.

Am in hotel in Dewsbury awaiting for tea to brew and reading daily papers....
so back later

geoff

laudesan
03-15-2013, 01:09 PM
Sorry to hear about the lack of sleep for some folk here, it is not a problem I have, the opposite applies to me!I caught the bug. It is 3.00am here. :-( I love your new Poppy painting.

Geoff super painting!

Welcome back Peter.

Bill, are you going to mark the raccoon, see if he is a return visitor. M/s Feral is one smart Lady.

I am off to make a hot chocolate!!

Scene Chaser
03-15-2013, 01:37 PM
JJ, I can recognize them if they come back. :lol: Not really, they all wear these masks so that we can't identify them.

They are taken too far away to return. One of the problems when relocating them is they enter territories of other coon families and fights ensue. They are deadly fights.

Geoff, enjoy your evening.

I'm baking bread.

Bill

WthrLady
03-15-2013, 01:45 PM
Works for me Bill!

That's how we kill off fire ant mounds. We swap patrol ants from two different colonies. Bwahahaaaaaa

UPS just delivered my Escoda Pearla Brushes. Hmmm what shall I do this weekend?

Congrats on the sale Geoff.

sorry you have the plague JJ.

Waving to all!

Yorky
03-15-2013, 03:30 PM
Well, we're back from Preston. I bought a summer weight coat but sadly we couldn't find one for Ruth.

Congratulations on the sale Geoff. The view from Sutton Bank is wonderful, not unlike the view from Parbold hill 3 miles up the road.

Sorry to hear Winnie can't risk the operation Pat, best to be safe. I hope they can alleviate her pain and send our best wishes for the cataract operation. I'm surprised they didn't put a grab handle on the wall in the shower Pat to help Winnie stand up.

Glad you caught the Raccoon Bill. 40lbs seems rather large, no wonder Miss Feral is scared.

Doug

Uschi
03-15-2013, 04:12 PM
Sun has just started coming out a bit.

We have no idea how much we are hurting until the "pill" wears off:eek: :lol: and after a while we can't even imagine how free we feel without the pain. Oh well:rolleyes:

I have done this and that but nothing even worth mentioning.

Bill, that is basically the third one in a row:eek: Is Ms. Feral really scared??? If so mayabe leave the racoon out there for a while and she may realize that your kitchen is the better of the two eveils:)

Geoff, that IS a lovely painting, CONGRATULATIONS on the sale!!!

Pat, that unit looks very nice and roomy!! Never noticed the absence of a grab handle, definitely a good idea. I use mine all the time. re the shoulder operation, would your mom have done the exercises necessary?????? Hope the cateract operation goes well!!! One of these days I'll have to have one too, I am really starting to notice the difference.

Peter, would that by any chance be you???????

Heard that the pope is a wonderful man but ultra conservative, so good followers better pull their boots up:)

Lynn, you must have the same twisted sense of humor that I have:) Most other "funnies" I really don't find that funny:lol:

Unexpected visitor, BBL

Island Nipper
03-15-2013, 05:15 PM
Hi everyone, 7deg, gusting 50knots southerly, right on our nose, rain squalls mixed with hail. Nice!

I had my stag night at the age of 19 in Bletchley Park, the company I worked for used it as a college , in the mansion there was a bar, snooker tables and a beautiful glossy white grand piano, guess where I was I'll after drinking rum and black current after the beer. One of the lads from Devon ran a herd of cows through the main sleeping block. Happy days.

Back to bed for me I'm afraid, hope to paint again soon.

LynnM
03-15-2013, 05:59 PM
(((Uschi))) for the aches and pains.

(((JJ)) hope it is a quick version :crossfingers:

Interesting place, Peter, a bit scarey...

A herd of cows, Nipper?? that must have taken some organization! In my days in the dorms it was panty raids, we used to keep a hose handy....

Skating is wonderful, I am having a good day!

CharM
03-15-2013, 07:06 PM
Hiya... I finished my Grey Fox just before I needed to set the table for dinner... cooking for just the two of us hasn't been a big adjustment. I think that our month long adventures in the trailer have helped. Matt's coming by tonight to pick up a few more things and his Nursing uniforms.

Anyway, the fox will not have a background, so the painting finished easy peasy lemon squeezey.

Uschi, the video was too funny! :lol: I don't actually remember being free from aches and pains... :rolleyes: One of my Students had a hip replacement and a bone graft, and is absolutely right as rain. :mad:

Lynn, for a nano second I thought YOU went skating and I was incredibly jealous!

The swans have returned and they're sitting on the lake's ice across the road from us. Thousands of honkers. Honking.

Running the cows is something the guys would have done over here, Nipper! :lol:

Doug, Spring is so short here that we don't even bother with coats anymore. In fact, I can't say that I even wore my winter coat this year.

((Ellen)) You work too hard, Girl.

That's a pretty spiffy setup, Pat! I'm sorry that your Mom has to find a way to manage her pain... :( ((Winnie))

Sorry that you're coming down with the lurgey, ((JJ)).

:lol: Raccoon masks, Bill!

:wave: All... I'm going to tidy up my painting stuff, get a pot of coffee ready to brew and relax till Matt arrives... Have a great evening/morning!