PDA

View Full Version : ***Daily Wash Thursday March 14 2013****

Lulu
03-14-2013, 03:13 AM
Gosh, where is everyone? :clear:
It's 8.15 pm and nobody wants to get their feet wet??

Another warm day, got to 30C, now down to 21C. We are promised rain on Sunday - here's hoping!:crossfingers: Everywhere is parched....watering is getting tedious, but we are lucky that we have bore water. Towns and cities are very restricted in their use now.

Well, Viva Il Papa! Have watched several re-runs today, in between painting.

Must go and call the little missy in from outside, it is getting dark. Her brother is always easy to call in, and it shows, he's gained a kilo since coming to live with us lol

laudesan
03-14-2013, 03:37 AM
I have not long walked in the door. I went to JB Hifi for help with my GoPro camera. Luckily, one guy, Andrew, has been playing with them for 4 years, since the first one came out..:thumbsup: I could not get the wifi to activate, between the camera and the remote, no my android GoPro App. I downloaded the required update 5 times. On the last 3, I got the Update Done message. Still nothing.
He did it again, and with much fiddling, it is now working. He was scratching his head, as the camera said it was updated before he started. No matter it is working now, and I bought a couple of accessories, one to use it on the handlebars of my bike, and one for a tripod. I need to buy a chest harness too. I was thinking about it, and after talking to Andrew, he said it is far better than the helmet mount, as that one is just too high, even though it can be adjusted up and down, it is less than satisfactory. (Caryl - What do you use?)

I have a new battery charging, this one lasts 2.5 hours, and with the battery extender, I will get 5.5 hours if I need it. Just got to figure out how to charge the battery extender. Of fnow to read the instructions.. :p

:grouphug: :wave:

ScarletLake
03-14-2013, 03:45 AM
Hi Everyone:wave: :wave:

Well I decided that I would take an Aleve at bedtime last night to see if it helped my sleep better. I am happy to report I slept GREAT till 3AM this morning.:lol: :lol:

The birthday luncheon went great yesterday. The hostess prepared a wonderful meal for us all. Two different types of quiche, salad, asparagus, rolls, wine, carrot cake and coffee. A great afternoon with friends and watching the snow fly.

Then last night I went to my little art group and the 3 of us played. One finsihed a painting, I worked out a collage from magazine images and the other sketched a little. We are going to enter something in a little sale in town in May so a great evening too.

Today a Dr. appt run with my Dad so that will take most of the afternoon and then I will work on the zine I need to get in the mail by Sat.

Char - sounds like Matt will have lots of fun in his new place. I think it is better that he is sharing the place with the others but I think it will be some kind of shock to him when he comes home from his shifts and What no dinner or breakfast waiting for him:eek: :eek: :eek:

I know my Josh has quite a lot to learn about taking care of himself. We're making progress but he's a slow learner.:lol: :lol:

Well off to catch up on some reading.

Anita

laudesan
03-14-2013, 03:50 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Mar-2013/22284-74462_10151590480296159_1268206186_n.jpg

Yorky
03-14-2013, 03:50 AM
Good morning all, had a bad night thinking about the legal meeting I had yesterday and all the options put to us.

It's a nice morning but chilly again, hovering around freezing.

New Pope new President of China. Big day for billions of people.

Art class this morning not chosen the reference yet.

Look forward to seeing some action shots JJ. I think I'll be taking a nap today :D

Doug

doppler
03-14-2013, 03:58 AM
Hi Lulu.

Hoping the new pope has named himself for Francis of Assisi.Probably have spelled it wrong. Lover of animals and planet/world.

My Anglican mother always said that she was taught that God had initially given us a covenant with the animals. Take the world, treat all the creatures and living things with respect and then you get respect and prosper and the world will go on. It is has been what she lives by.

It's what I live by.

Or try to.

BBL:wave:

Lulu
03-14-2013, 04:21 AM
You spelled it right Annie. He was also a lover of the poor and it seems our new pope has too. Your mum (& you) live(d) a great way of life :thumbsup:

JJ can you use the charger to boost your own energy too? :D

Hi Anita & Doug.

Yorky
03-14-2013, 04:21 AM
Hi Annie :wave:
My Anglican mother always said that she was taught that God had initially given us a covenant with the animals. Take the world, treat all the creatures and living things with respect and then you get respect and prosper and the world will go on. It is has been what she lives by.

Except leeches I suppose? :lol:

Doug

Lulu
03-14-2013, 04:42 AM
Hi Annie :wave:

Except leeches I suppose? :lol:

Doug
:lol::lol:

doppler
03-14-2013, 04:52 AM
Roll then over, pick them off before their adjustments ... Teeth? (otherwise it is too much spaghetti) They stretch. Then roll them up like a languid goober and flick!!'

They live for another day. :rolleyes:

Lulu
03-14-2013, 05:19 AM
lol Annie!

I have to say, though, I don't have much respect for house flies....

Anita, meant to say before, (but I was on my smartphone and therefore limited in my typing), am glad the luncheon went well. Whenever I see (or say) the word quiche, I am reminded of a friend who always pronounced it 'kwichie' :lol: We never did find out if he really did think that was the correct way of saying it! lol

JJ, love the cartoon, but I think they are both males, females just keep going lol

shipbroker
03-14-2013, 05:24 AM
Morning all
Glad you didnt. need me, off for a haircut.

geoff

Ellen in Ont
03-14-2013, 05:47 AM
:wave: everyone,
I've been working full time hours the last two weeks which doesn't leave much time for checking in here when you add the daily other "stuff" in our lives that gets in the way. No time for painting either. I am nightshift again tomorrow and Sat so I have all my other jobs to do today. Chores, errands, hair cut and a meeting of our art club are going to take up the time. If I have an extra hour or two i need to get my son's and DIL's taxes started. :rolleyes: There just isn't enough hours in the day most days.

There is no sign of spring here yet. March is our time of year we can always expect large snow storms but this weekend it is supposed to be colder than normal as well. The low is going to -31. We still have about two months to go until the ground reappears from under the snow. :rolleyes:

I need a cup of coffee and a bite to eat so I'll just wave to all before and after and wish you the best possible day.

Scene Chaser
03-14-2013, 06:11 AM
Good Day All,

The door is open for Ms. Feral to come in for a bit, as she is always starving for attention.

Char, your bread looks delicious. Glad the pans were Lodge.

Doug, we decided on a Trust as that worked out best here. The choices can be daunting, so I know how you feel.

Ellen, I don't know how you deal with all that winter. I can barely stand what we get.

Geoff, hope you're feeling better.

So, why does the Pope need to change his name?

Will be taking our Mac in for a memory upgrade today. Then I can complete the taxes.

Bill

laudesan
03-14-2013, 07:11 AM
JJ can you use the charger to boost your own energy too? :D I wish ;)

Yup, I too think they are both males.. :p

Bill. :heart: My two have decided to give the hissing a miss and curl up with me on the sofa..

Ellen, I hope you get some time for yourself soon.

Bill :wave:

Strawberry Wine
03-14-2013, 07:13 AM
Good Day Washers !

I seem to have become a member of LOLONS (land of little or no sleep) and have been awake since 3:00 and finally got up at 5:00, so it is still dark outside with a brrrrr temp of -9C. Hurry up Spring !

Ellen, how long to retirement ? Gravenhurst beckons and Spring arrives late Arpil.

Lulu, " kwichie" :lol: You realize that everytime I eat, or even see Quiche I am going to think kwichie. Hope the much needed rain arrives.

Hoping to do our taxes today or tomorrow. We have a straight forward return and U-file so it does not take very long... I think Dan has everything ready.

Bill, if you have your kitchen door open you must be a lot warmer than us. It appears that you did not sleep well or of a long duration last night either.

Anita, sounds like a great luncheon and a wonderful little art group.

Char, that bread looks very tasty and the pans look good. I have several glass loaf pans and the stone one so I better not go out looking for cast iron.
How did the bread taste? I just love fresh bread and therefore very fussy about the texture and taste. I am hesitant about trying non wheat flour.

Did you get to watch the pairs figure skaing last evening?

Uschi, How about if I watch the skating in the afternoon and then let you know if it is safe for your stress levels to watch the performance in the evening.

Time to eat something...

:wave: to all I have missed and those on their way in.

Cheers,

Gail

shipbroker
03-14-2013, 07:16 AM
Lovely warm Spring day although snow on ground still and more forecast I believe......

Had best nights sleep for a while roughly 3 x 2hours with no long periods of awakeness......thought I was developing another cold last night but seems much better today.....still not perfect and I pulled out of golf as I didn't think I could manage it.

geoff

Scene Chaser
03-14-2013, 08:06 AM
Bill. :heart: My two have decided to give the hissing a miss and curl up with me on the sofa..

JJ, cats are so jealous of their human slaves.

Gail, you are right, 5 1/2 hours sleep but will take a nap shortly. 5 1/2 is pretty good for me. I am taking some advice from the information Lulu sent me. I took a warm shower before bed, drank no alcohol and wore socks to bed. I drank too much water, though, and got up in the middle of the night for the bathroom, which is something I almost never do.
It's -4 C here.
My taxes are rather straight forward, too. I once had a business and then taxes was not fun.

Geoff, I know you're not right yet if you gave up golf.

Bill

WthrLady
03-14-2013, 08:13 AM
Also in the Land of No Sleep. I'm ready to abdicate the throne, and take up as a commoner in the Land of Nod. Where do I sign?

This 4 hours a night is insane! I woke up at 430 this morning like it was time to start the day, but dragging at the same time. Craziness. Where was all this "up time" when there was a new baby in the house?

Sigh.

JJ- I've gone back to the Hero2. The 3 does more, but it didn't do it consistantly or fast enough for me. The 2 has it's oddities, but I'm used to them (like the card MUST be in it when it charges or it doesn't recognize it). I solved that problem by getting another card, so it can be off charging while I'm uploading through the computer.

It still eats battery power, so I have a second charged for longer applications. I get annoyed when I forget to turn off the LCD screen which uses the battery 4 times faster than with it off.

As for the mounts, I use a magnetic twist tripod or hand mount. I don't like watching jiggly video, so I don't take jiggly video. Impossible to do if you are on a bike etc. DS uses the helmet cam, but mounted on the side, your head stays more stable than the bike. A friend of ours uses the surf board mount on about everything. The chest mount has too much bounce and jiggle.

Sunny and 65 today. Heading for 80 on Sunday. Pollen count is ridiculous. New guy blowing electronic bugle this morning announced "exercise, exercise, exercise" before hitting the bugle button. So I'm feeling that waking up on time was optional this morning. Maybe I'll go back to bed. LOL.

Waving to all those before and those coming after.

CharM
03-14-2013, 08:39 AM
Good morning! Brrrr... it's a little chilly here at -4C, but the sun is shining and the skiff of snow will disappear quickly.

Yesterday, my day of no commitments, ended up being pretty busy. That's the way things should be in retirement. We're ready to do most things at the spur of the moment. It was nice visiting my Mother, seeing Matt's new home and a quick shopping trip to Sears. A little baking... a little tidying... but... NO painting! :eek:

Today I shall paint.

Lulu, I realized after I had posted that your oil painting portrait was a re-visit to one that had been waiting for you for a couple of years!

Cute cartoon, JJ... I must tell this to the kitten who's a whirling dervish...

Anita, this move will be good for Matt's humility... :lol: I'd love to be there when he realizes that the house fairies who pick up his clothes, arrange all his shoes, wash his dishes, launder his clothes and make his meals didn't move with him!

Your art group projects sound like a lot of fun!

((Doug)) We simplified our wills by simply making the three boys equal beneficiaries and equal Powers of Attorney. Good luck at art class and then have a nice refreshing nap. Things look better when you're not tired.

Annie, your very wise Mother got it so right. :heart:

Mmmmmmm kwichie... so good.

((Geoff)) You are not unappreciated. Glad you managed a little sleep.

Ellen, you're trying to do both work AND retirement... No wonder you don't have any time for anything!

Bill, Ted and I had a slice of warm bread last evening and it was SO good... The pans were perfectly seasoned but I did brush them with oil anyway per your advice.

((Gail)), I didn't watch the skating after all... in fact, I tucked into bed early. Doh. I have lots of bread pans too. I'll donate them to Bibles for Missions along with the too-many pie plates, cups and soup bowls that came out of our cupboard cleanup... :)

Spelt is sort of a grandfather to wheat. The bread is a little more bitter tasting than the Red Fife loaves. However, it's not quite as dense and was easier to work with. Red Fife needs to take more time to absorb the moisture. It's really been an interesting journey to find a non GMO wheat that will make a good sandwich loaf.

((Caryl)) The guy blowing the electronic bugle would only ever do it once and then I'd have to break his toy... :lol:

Well... maybe it's a phase of the moon, or the barometric pressure... but I hope that all of you sleepless people enjoy a nice nap today... :grouphug:

painterbear
03-14-2013, 08:56 AM
Good Morning all,
It is quarter to nine in the a.m. here in bright, sunny, but chilly Oakwood. Sunglasses needed along with a warm jacket for sure. Of course, Larry and I are amazed at the high school kids walking past our house on the way to the school in the next block up...they are dressed in shorts and short sleeve tops. :rolleyes: Teenagers have no sense sometimes...maybe most of the time. ;)

First class of the Beginners went well yesterday. Same problem getting them to put out enough paint for actually doing the washes. Little bitty puddles of paint/water on their palettes to paint a big flat wash. Sent them home with their lessons all written out and told them if they really want to get better with watercolors, they needed to practice at home when they weren't being rushed as they are in class. ;) Next week we will work on glazes.

I am the opposite of most of you...I actually slept in until 6:00 a.m. today which is really late for me.

I'm making cabbage rolls today for dinner. Our grocery store had cabbage for 9 a lb last Sunday. Naturally we had to buy a head. Will get another one next Sunday for our St. Patrick's Day dinner with corned beef.

Char, Your bread looked gorgeous yesterday. I bet it tasted as good as it looked. Ah, yes, young Matt is in for a bit of an awakening when he realized the little house fairies stayed at your house. :lol: I think he is in for a lot of learning with two housemates who don't necessarily love him as his old ones did to negotiate with as well all part of growing up though. :D

Doug, We did like Char and Ted...our kids all inherit equally, although we did appoint an single administrator to keep it simple. Of course, we plan to be around for quite a while yet. ;)

Bill, Glad Ms Feral is able to have what she probably considers the best of both worlds...her wild and free outside life and a tame human to give her food and pets when she feels the need. :D

Caryl, The first time Larry and I went to San Francisco many years ago, we stayed at the Officer's Inn at the Presidio. We lucked into a suite and felt like royalty until the next morning when we were rudely awakened by a cannon being fired in the plaza in front of our hotel. :eek: Talk about a wake up call. The next day wasn't so bad because we were expecting it, but that first time was really a shocker. :lol:

Anita, Sounds like a wonderful art-filled day and evening for you. :thumbsup:

:wave: to all who were here before me and to those still on their way. Gotta get dressed and start my prep work for the cabbage rolls.

SYL,

Sylvia

WthrLady
03-14-2013, 09:22 AM
LOL! The speaker for our side of the post is actually in our backyard, so it is quite loud. I'm usually already up, but the days I sleep past 0630 I don't even hear it anymore, UNLESS they talk. There are 8 speakers around base, so on a good day you can hear the echo of each one as the bugle dies down. It's pretty.

And taps is Amazing!

Off to sketch and stretch! Maybe do a youtube of stretching paper and making Bavarian pretzels. (two different videos LOL!)

Almost forgot!

HAPPY PI(E) Day everyone! 3.14 :)

LynnM
03-14-2013, 09:28 AM
:wave: Good day! Bright one here, but cool. The snow from yesterday is pretty well all gone, but they say it will be cold for another week at least. I got half the tiny knitted puppy done yesterday, much fun! And a bit of painting in the breaks, might actually finish this one. A bit of sewing on tap for today.

Mmmmmm, Sylvia, cabbage rolls! I love them but am a bit lazy to make them.

I did watch the skating, just super, I am so proud of our Canadian kids!

Taxes, I have to remember to file. I did them, don't owe anything but neither do I get anything back, and I just sort of put them out of my mind. We have till April 30, so lots of time......

I hope everyone has a good day (and naps if needed!) :grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

Yorky
03-14-2013, 09:54 AM
Lynn, Ruth would love to see your puppy when it is finished. She has knitted several from the "Best in Show 2" book. She says it is much better than the first, the legs are knitted as part of the body.

Not sure i would welcome an early morning bugle Caryl :eek:

Doug

olliewood0702
03-14-2013, 10:17 AM
Happy Thursday,

It's SUNNNY!!!:cool: Cold but sunny. There is a slight breeze keeping the flags in front of my building furling lightly.

Someone said we are expecting a snow storm around the first of the week...I'm not even going to look at the weather....well maybe my curiosity will get the better of me and I'll peek.:D I just don't want to hear about anymore snow.:rolleyes:

I've been missing the figureskating.:( We went to the grocery and a few other stores last evening and by the time we got home, unloaded and put the items away it was bedtime!:confused: We also missed American Idol.

Char, your bread did looks scrumptious! I had to :lol: at your bit about the "fairy". Matt will miss you just as much as you miss him....probably MORE.

Sylvia, I'm glad your first class went well for you; and hopefully your students will do their homework.

Caryl, like Doug I don't think I'd relish an early morning bugle either.

Tonight we have the girls again. THey have 1/2 days this week for parent-teacher conferences. Soon they'll be on Spring Break; they get the week after Easter off.

I cannot believe that 1/2 of March is gone already. Time is flying by as we get closer to our trip.

LuLu...how many more sleeps for you?

It was interesting seeing how the pope was selected; and the black smoke and white smoke. I'm protestant also but always find if facinating to watch the procedures. (I caught it on the news)

Larry and I were tired once again when we woke up this morning. It seems like we are tired when we hit the bed but then lay awake for some time before falling asleep. What's up with that?

I hope everyone has a fantastic day full of creativity.

BBL:wave: :heart:

painterbear
03-14-2013, 10:18 AM
Lynn, Larry went out to buy some ground chuck from our favorite butcher shop and I spent the last hour doing basic prep work...boiling the cabbage to separate the leaves, trimming the stem part off, chopping onions and carrots and parsley and garlic, parboiling some rice. And I haven't even put together the filling yet. That is why we only have the cabbage rolls a few times a year, but when I make it, I do enough for two times.

Caryl, Ah yes, I used to love hearing Taps being played in the late afternoon when we lived on base at Wright Patt.

I hear the garage door going up, so Larry is home with the meat for the stuffing. So,

SYL,

Sylvia

Uschi
03-14-2013, 10:31 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

Glorious sunshine but COLD!!!

So the coaching in table tennis is finished and yesterday we had the first day (of two) tournament. Playing single which I haven't done since I was a teenager and against men because we only have 4 girls in the club. I made it through the first round, second round is on Monday against really super male players, so no chance of winning, but it is fun.

Some of us are playing in another tournament toward the end of the month (not withour own club) and again, only singles, and since we don't get a chance to play singles at our own club we went to Cambridge last night to practice and tomorrow we are going to Mississauga to practice:lol: :lol:

I told you before that I had some of the discontinued Vioxx anti inflametories left from about 9 years ago and I use them VERY sparingly but took one yesterday and I tell you, unadultered MAGIC. NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING huirt. I was bobbing around like a teenager. Every time I take one of those Vioxx I realize just how debilitating and energy robbing pain is, unbelievable. My pain is so minor in comparison to some of yours so :grouphug: to all of you.

I am having the family over for dinner on Saturday evening and since I am going to be out of town tomorrow, and playing on Saturday morning I need to get some shopping, cooking and housecleaning done today.

I read everything, in my mind responded appropriately to everything and am :wave: to all of you and wish you a good day!!

Uschi

JudyL
03-14-2013, 10:44 AM
Kids have come and gone, they will take the bus home as it is a half day and today is Chemo day, Jen told them they should go home as Daisy (german shepherd) has been lonely :lol:

I have Jack's lunch packed and I have my bag packed with books, DS and books, also a warm sweater as the hospital is COLD.

Have a great day Y'all, I have to dash off.

TTFN

Scene Chaser
03-14-2013, 11:28 AM
Darla, I guess there could be a significant snow storm Monday but it depends on the wind.

Sylvia, I just fry cabbage and mix all the ingredients in together. I add some Cajun spices, too. A real Irish dinner. :)

Uschi, good luck at the table tennis tournament. I'd love to belong to something like that, but my balance wouldn't allow that anymore. I do wish there was a pain killer that wasn't harmful in other ways. They all have too many bad side effects if taken often.

Bill

WthrLady
03-14-2013, 12:43 PM
I did it! I went back to bed ! LOL! OC I no sooner hit the pillow and the landscapers showed up with their giant mowers, trimmers, and blowers. sigh.

Sylvia - yes, I too enjoy the 5pm retreat music and ceremony. 9pm Taps is still my favorite.

Still think I'm video-ing pretzels later.

LynnM
03-14-2013, 01:21 PM
Doug, I'll post a pic when I'm done. It is a pattern by Gypsycream (http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=gypsy+cream+patterns&qpvt=gypsy+cream+patterns&FORM=IGRE#view=detail&id=9F274DC35F3D7022A3519641E8CB770A61195517&selectedIndex=2)who has some bear and rabbit ones as well.

Yes, Sylvia, that's why I don't make them :) I love hearing about your cooking adventures, I am having some of my own right now, but much easier recipes for this new menu system I am on. I seem to be cooking at almost every meal, although I do have some frozen ahead.

Murphy's law, Caryl, I've had that happen too, last time it was the snow removal folks.

I hope you get a better sleep tonight, Darla. Do you have glowing appliances in the room? I covered the front of my clock last night, I think it helped a bit.

I'm watching the ladies short program streaming on CBC.ca while I do something else on the computer, gosh, so many of them! They'll condense it for tonight's show on TV.

Yorky
03-14-2013, 01:26 PM
Thanks Lynn, they look a bit bigger than Ruth's dogs.

Doug

Lulu
03-14-2013, 03:38 PM
So, why does the Pope need to change his name?

They actually don't have to Bill, they could use their given first names. It has become tradition though, to take the name of a saint(s) that inspires them. Also, imagine every time he is mentioned, saying Pope Jorge Bergoglio - Francis is a lot easier don't you think?!:lol:
I googled for this explanation for you. Why does the pope change his name (Why does the pope change his name)

Darla, 32:)

painterbear
03-14-2013, 03:41 PM
Hi all again,

Just put the final touches on my cabbage rolls (made the tomato sauce) and I thought I'd show you the fruits of my labors in the kitchen today.

We'll have some of these tonight for dinner with imported German egg noodles and a dollop of light sour cream on top. Then we'll package the rest into two more dinner servings and freeze them for down the road. :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Mar-2013/9833-stuffedcabbage.jpg

Bill,
I think your version sounds much easier, but also tasty. I actually enjoy this kind of cooking now and then. Larry plans the menues, so he always balances a dinner or dish that takes a lot of work, aka cabbage rolls, with something light and easy the next day or two (a left over meal from the freezer or a dinner out at our favorite Chinese/Japanese restaurant).

Uschi,
:thumbsup: on your painfree afternoon of playing ping-pong. I have a great visual image of you slamming that little ball back across the net at some old guy who probably thinks you'll be easy to beat. :lol:

Darla,
I find this whole business with the election of the Pope to be very interesting. Didn't you love the picture of the sea gull perched on top of the chimney before there was any smoke coming out. :lol: Hope Pope Francis succeeds in bringing some unity to the Church again.

:wave: to all who were here between my visits and those still on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

shipbroker
03-14-2013, 06:29 PM
Evening all.

Tried to post earlier but IE was down!

Been a nice day here and spent most of afternoon cleaning the inside of the caravan ready for a Warranty Service in Bradford next Friday.
This Friday am off to a Dinner in Dewsbury which is about 90 minutes South of here, so we will be staying overnight.

Well goodnight all

geoff

Uschi
03-14-2013, 07:02 PM
Why do I love daylight saving time???? Because it is almost 7:00 p.m. and the sun is still shining brigthly:heart:

Sylvia, YUUUUUUMMMMMYYYYYYY!! I have done what Bill does to avoid all the labor:lol: So gald your first class was successful!!

Bill, do you not have a senior center close by where they offer "something" you might like and are able to do??? and YES for the need of a good (magtic) painkiller that doesn't kill us in the bargain.

Geoff, I am kind of envious of your caravaning. Have you travelled throughout Europe???

re the new pope. I feel for him because if he is this humble man as described, he is going to have such a hardship with the bureaucracy of the Vatican. He was so right to ask the people to pray for him, he REALLY will need it.

Lulu, thanks for the link!

:wave: Uschi

WthrLady
03-14-2013, 08:34 PM
Lynn - I haven't been around snow for 6 years ! LOL.

Pretzels are ready if anyone is hungry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCGoKQHsXkk

CharM
03-14-2013, 09:19 PM
Caryl, what on earth is going on with your stand mixer????? Your pretzels look pretty yummy, though!

Syl, your cabbage rolls look wonderful! I also make the casserole that tastes almost as good... :)

That hour was always with us, Uschi... all we did was use a slide rule of time... :p

Lynn, since I like to cook, it's not a problem to have to do it for most meals... ADORABLE teddies!!!!

JudyL
03-14-2013, 09:26 PM
A good day, the Chemo went well, Jack slept through the whole thing, even skipping lunch, so I read, did word problems and crocheted, except for the time I went and got coffee. I had to wear my coat in the room, Jack chooses to sit by the window, I will attempt to change his mind next time, as that is the reason for the cold, he sits in a nice leather recliner, wrapped in a nice warm blanket hmmmmmm.

After we went to BJ's for lunch, I had Barbacoa beef tacos, very nice and only 7 WW points :smug:

WthrLady
03-14-2013, 09:26 PM
LOL. THe movers have twice moved and stored her in over 120' heat, laying down. I needto remove the head and regrease the housing. She's noisey, but works like a plow horse!

LynnM
03-14-2013, 10:42 PM
Doug, those are larger versions of the one I am making which is supposed to be just 7 inches high sitting. I am using small needles, so it will be smaller, and with the long fake fur yarn I'm going to have a hard time folding it inside out to sew the seams. Tell Ruth that there are a couple of errors in the pattern I bought, Gypsycream is correcting them, but would be wise to wait a bit if she decides she would like to make one.

Yummy indeed, Sylvia!

Good luck from me, too, Uschi!

NancyR
03-14-2013, 11:12 PM
Caryl, Those pretzels look absolutely delicious. I love any and all pretzels and would rather eat them than candy.

Sylvia, My mother used to make cabbage rolls. I really did not like them, but she loved them. In fact, one time we had them for dinner. All of a sudden my father jumped up and started drinking water. It turns out a toothpick had broken off, and he ate it. He was OK, but was very careful next time he ate them.

See you all tomorrow.