PDA

View Full Version : Don't Cry for me Argentina

Pete Hubbard
09-08-2003, 10:53 PM
Title: Don't cry for me Argentina
Acrylic on newspaper
40"w x 24 3/4"h

This is a remake of an earlier piece, "Sydney Opera House", but the colors suggested a South American theme and I think because of the central figure, the arches became negative space instead of positive space as in "Opera House".

Tamana
09-09-2003, 11:52 AM
I really enjoy what you come up with, Pete. Always unique and unexpected. I like the extension of the line yet not the color of the viewer's right arch. It looks like some sort of crown you've cut out of some advertisement with the name of some contest - that's pretty clever.

I'm drawn more to the arches on this one vs. the back and forground for some reason. My eyes just stay central horizontally focused. Good tension though.

Pete Hubbard
09-09-2003, 10:50 PM
Here is the earlier version it was based on. I did this a few years ago. And this in turn came from a life drawing. Who knows I may come around to this in another couple of years. I have a pile of drawings I use as models about 30 or 40 high. I just cycle though them by the time I come around to a drawing again I've changed my approach as in this case.

Title: The Sydney Opera House
Oil on Canvas
50"w x 31"h

Tamana
09-09-2003, 10:55 PM
Ahh. I think I remember seeing this on your site? I think it's interesting how you revisit. Nothing is set in stone is it?

heh
09-09-2003, 10:56 PM
i like the second one the most
nice alive colors

thats a good idea with the cycling
seeing what new things come from the old