PDA

View Full Version : Famous Aviators & Aces

StratoArt
03-13-2013, 01:34 PM
This is my frist post on WetCanvas, other than saying "hello" in the new member area :)

I thought I'd start off by showing a piece I just finished. It is the first in a series I am doing called "Famous Aviators & Aces"

Size: 16"x20"
Completion Time: 40 hours
Media: Digital
Style: Duo-tone on toned paper

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Mar-2013/1164977-Famous_Aviators-Lindbergh.jpg

Shamrock15
03-13-2013, 04:57 PM
Beautifully done - very different from much of the digital art that I have seen.

StratoArt
03-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Beautifully done - very different from much of the digital art that I have seen.

Thank you! My intent when I work in the digital realm is to purposefully make it look like traditional methods. After all, that is really where I come from. I merely use digital tools just like I use non-digital tools to achieve a particular look. For me, using digital tools doesn't change my style or character of the art I want to produce.

NeilF92
03-13-2013, 06:48 PM
Thank you! My intent when I work in the digital realm is to purposefully make it look like traditional methods. After all, that is really where I come from. I merely use digital tools just like I use non-digital tools to achieve a particular look. For me, using digital tools doesn't change my style or character of the art I want to produce.

An excellent piece that achieves exactly what you set out to do as regards the traditional look.
I think you'll find quite a few digital usrs who fully subscribe to yor description using digital tools like conventional brushes or pencils .
that's how I use Photoshop on occasions - no different to painting on canvas or paper with the real thing .
Welcome to the forum.

Gray539
03-13-2013, 06:53 PM
A most excellent piece of work, Dale.

StratoArt
03-13-2013, 10:36 PM
Thank you! I have plenty more work both digital and non-digital that I'll share here. I really like how diverse this forum is.

falcon012
03-14-2013, 11:01 PM
Lovely work Dale. A fitting tribute and very well composed.

scifi
03-19-2013, 03:47 AM
I though it was a pencil sketch. It amazes me how you've used digital tools to achieve this look. Well done!

Mark A Bufton
03-19-2013, 06:40 AM
It sure would have fooled me if not for the "Digital" in the description. A testament to your obvious skill I think. Marvelous work and welcome aboard :)

StratoArt
03-19-2013, 10:57 AM
Lovely work Dale. A fitting tribute and very well composed.

Thank you, Mark!

StratoArt
03-19-2013, 10:58 AM
I though it was a pencil sketch. It amazes me how you've used digital tools to achieve this look. Well done!

Thanks! That's good to know because that is precisely what I want it to look like - traditional pencils.

StratoArt
03-19-2013, 10:58 AM
It sure would have fooled me if not for the "Digital" in the description. A testament to your obvious skill I think. Marvelous work and welcome aboard :)

Thank you!