PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Wednesday 13th March 2013**

shipbroker
03-13-2013, 12:32 AM
Morning all

Sleep pattern back to rubbish again so I must be getting better!!

More heavy snow due today yesterdays has all gone.

Vegetable Market in Northallerton this morning and probably a run to Teesside to see SIL this afternoon.

geoff

JudyL
03-13-2013, 01:33 AM
Sorry to hear that Geoff, I plan on taking a walk in the evening before going to bed, if I have the time :rolleyes:

Tonite we went to a wrestling awards potluck dinner, good fun and now I am tired and ready for bed.

Besides Jack is watching rubbish telly and I don't want to hear it.

TTFN

Lulu
03-13-2013, 01:50 AM
Hi Geoff and Judy:wave:

Too tired to talk but I got this in my mail today, called 'preparing for Gareth Morgan' lol (remember his brainless suggestion?).

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Mar-2013/[email protected]

Yorky
03-13-2013, 03:21 AM
Good morning all. It's a beautiful morning here, no snow overnight.

Sorry you old sleep pattern has returnrd Geoff. I'm waking with a slight headache, will have to cut down on the chocolate cake :)

Hi Judy, hi Lulu :wave:

Amusing cat GIF :)

Seeing a man about wills today, ours need updating.

Doug

laudesan
03-13-2013, 03:43 AM
Lulu :lol: Cat's revenge!!!!! I love it. Your Gareth Morgan is a bottom!!! :p

:wave: all

doppler
03-13-2013, 03:44 AM
Hi all.

Still choking. :wave: A true sorrow in the beautiful Autumn weather we have been having. Sun in day, with clouds, and rain showers at night. And cool. not enough for a jumper but just nice.

Huge amount of gardening needed for this weekend :) House needs a bit of a scrub out too. :clear: :angel: :eek:

:wave:

Scene Chaser
03-13-2013, 05:06 AM
Good Day All,
Geoff, if you ever discover the secret to sleeping well, let me know.

Gareth Morgan must be regional. Never heard of him.
Love the cat. Ms. Feral just took off out the door screaming like mad. She's back and eating again. She must have had a restless night. A possum was trying to eat her food last night.

Doug, I's sure your will needs updating because we are all your friends, right? :)

((Annie,)) choking?

All our snow has gone, too. But it is cold at 30 F. A month ago that would have been a warm spell.
Bill

doppler
03-13-2013, 05:22 AM
Coughing senselessly Bill.

I think the Gareth is the five minute hero who suggested killing all cats or some such in NZ. No one has heard of him besides that. Or wants to.

No wonder the Loki look alike is sharpening her nails. She gives me a stare much much sharper than that in the morning as she sits on me to wake me up. BREAKFAST woman!!! Who needs clocks?

Off for senseless coughing again :wave:

shipbroker
03-13-2013, 05:28 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/feb/01/cats-threat-wildlife-gareth-morgan

This the fellow??

Starting to snow again.

geoff

ScarletLake
03-13-2013, 05:43 AM
Hi Everyone:wave: :wave:

Oh how I wish I could sleep more than 4 hours at a time. I read on AOL yesterday that they are studying the link between lack of sleep and Alzheimers. They now think that it could be the early signs associated with the start of the plaque buildup in the brain . I don't know I thought it was part of my fibromyalgia. Geez do I really want to know. LOL

Of which our weather is really causing me to hurt a bunch. OK just took an Aleve so maybe that will help in about 30 min.

I attended a local art assoc meeting last night as my friend was the guest speaker. She gave a lecture with examples on painting from photographs.

I have a luncheon for my dear watercolor instructor Olive Boyd who is celebrating 87 years young and comes out 2x's a week to meet with a small group of watercolorists in Tipp City. OH.

I have an ATC card to do today and pop in the mail for a small ATC swap I got into and then this evening I will go to a small group of about 4 people who are getting together for some art time.

Then to finish a "Zine" for another group. So some small art things going on for me.

Taking my Dad to a Dr. appt on Thursday and meeting a friend for lunch on Friday.

So goes my week ---

Geoff - hoping that you get some sleep too

LuLu and Kev --wouldn't that have been something if you ran into each other in Dubui (sp)

Kay - I sure hope your kitty gets better. Our little beagle Ms. Tilly is hanging in there but not well. Breaks my heart. Have you started your work on the series yet???

Darla - One of the young girls at the coffee shop is doing a tatoo (sp) apprenticeship and I was telling her about your son but could not rem the name of his shop can you send it to me?

Ellen - busy as usual

Gail - hope you are feeling well. I think spring just gives such a great feeling. It's been cold here this week and rainy. I follow a girl on FB and Ustream who goes by JournalArtista. She has youtube as well. Anyway she lives in Burlington now and is moving to Whitby(I think) Canada soon. She worked at a company that made corraguated boxes since she was 17 and it is closing down. She is selling tons of her art stamps, journals etc as part of downsizing. OH her real name is Paula Phillips.

OK my brain power just left me so I think it's time to try bed again for a couple more hours. Maybe I'll get some sleep.

Anita

Lulu
03-13-2013, 06:03 AM
LuLu and Kev --wouldn't that have been something if you ran into each other in Dubui (sp)

Yes Anita:D we'll wave to each other instead lol

That's him Geoff, he's an economist, a philanthopist, and a world traveller on his bike, has done lots of good in 3rd world countries with his wealth, just wish he'd leave cats alone lol I know what he's getting at though.

Hope you feel better soon (Annie).

Hope Esme is feeling better soon too Kay. ((:cat: ))

Bill there are some tips here to getting a good night's sleep (secrets to getting a good night's sleep)

Hi Doug:wave: too much chocolate cake eh? How's the diet.........;)

Past my bedtime so better scoot:wave:

Yorky
03-13-2013, 06:14 AM
Hi Doug too much chocolate cake eh? How's the diet.........

Was static for a while but weight is on its way down again. Lost 18 lbs so far.

Doug

shipbroker
03-13-2013, 06:38 AM
Was static for a while but weight is on its way down again. Lost 18 lbs so far.

Doug

That is brilliant Doug......I have lost 5lbs this week but only because I am off my food and don't want to eat at all.........If I drop 100lbs I would still be large!

geoff

Scene Chaser
03-13-2013, 08:05 AM
Lulu, good information. Thanks.

Doug, :thumbsup: on the weight loss.

Bill

olliewood0702
03-13-2013, 08:21 AM
Howdy...and HAPPY HUMP DAY WASHERS!!

It's going to be sunny I think or at least partly sunny today. I see patches of blue sky out my window here at work. It's windy though and cold and it snowed just enough last night to make the roads a little slick on my morning commute.

Ahhh....I'm SO READY for Spring. I'm hoping it's right around the corner. Warmer weather would be nice. My daffs and tulips are up about 9 inches; but no crocus yet.

I think I slept pretty well last night but I was still tired when I woke up...I'm always tired when I have to wake up and get ready for work. Larry and I were just talking about how we're slowing down...it seems to be harder as we get older and closer to retirement to get up in the morning, do the same old thing. We cannot wait to retire....but it's about 9 years away yet.:confused: Unless we win the lotto....but we have to buy tickets to do that.:lol:

I've read all your posts but don't feel like responding to each one; so I'll just wish you all a great day!

BL:wave: :heart:

CharM
03-13-2013, 08:27 AM
Good morning... It's a little chilly here in SW Ontario with about an inch of snow on the ground. With no wind, it doesn't feel terribly cold though.

Kitties have been fed and Skittles is outside. Tux wanted no part of the cold and I kind of think he's starting to feel his age. Poor guy.

I don't have any formal plans for my day. I plan to try Bill's bread recipe today and I should bake some cookies, also. My floors could use a good steaming, but that might wait till tomorrow. Procrastination can often be my friend. :) I shall begin work on my Grey Fox. I'm not really sure how to do his salt and pepper fur.

I'm having my coffee alone. I miss Magoo. :(

Kay, I'm :crossfingers: that Esme is ok...

Kev, you know you have to behave yourself! There's lots of talk here about the Fast Diet... how are you doing with it?

Geoff, I'm glad you're feeling some better, but it's too bad your old nemesis Insomnia has returned as a result!!

Judy, my husband loves the trashy Reality shows that I simply cannot abide... he very graciously heads upstairs to our bedroom and watches them there... :lol:

:lol: Lulu...

Wow Doug... that's a lot of weight lost! Good for you!!!!! And yet, chocolate cake! :p:

So, Annie... is it really transposed man flu, then? (()) It's sure hanging on.

You've sure got a busy art-day ahead of you Anita! Kinda nice, eh?

Bill, Ted's found some cast iron loaf pans at our Sears store and he's going to get them for me today. I doubt they're Lodge, though.

HHD, Darla!!! :)

I'm going to brew a pot of coffee as Ted should be making his way downstairs soon... DST has thrown off his internal clock and he's sleeping later...

I wish the very best possible day for everyone! :heart:

Flattwo
03-13-2013, 08:36 AM
Hi to All

I love trash TV, Pickers, Pawn Stars, Storage Wars etc etc, no brain cells required! I also like the high brow Arts stuff and Science shows if my brain is in gear

Doug, good weight loss, just make sure your trousers don't fall down in public

Geoff, glad to hear your feeling better

Speak Later

Henry

shipbroker
03-13-2013, 09:18 AM
Now Storage Wars Henry........there is some programme which I am not allowed to watch in Eileens earshot.........found out my daughter also watches it!..........Oh and the other one where they buy Left Luggage.

geoff

CharM
03-13-2013, 09:46 AM
...gotta be a guy thing like Man Flu... Geoff, poor Claire's been infected...

Scene Chaser
03-13-2013, 10:29 AM
I have no interest in reality tv. I do like to watch Market Warriors, though. It's a show in which four antique hunters vie for the best deal, which is tested at an auction.

Storage wars is interesting, though, I've only seen it once.

Char, good luck on the bread.

Bill

LynnM
03-13-2013, 10:35 AM
:wave: Good day all! Sun is out now, I woke up to a wall of white out the window, thick fluffy flakes of snow falling straight down, trees all coated.....they are bare now 3 hr later. I should have leaped into my snow clothes and gone out with the camera :rolleyes: I'm finishing up my painting from Johannes' class on Saturday, and planning to start the dress I've been procrastinating on.....but I just found a new pattern for a sweet little knitted puppy, and I just happen to have the yarn I need, and Easter is coming....:)

Love the animation, Lulu!.....I saw something on FB about him.

I sympathize about the sleep issues, after 6 years of only sleeping 2-3 hr at a stretch I am getting resigned to it, but even 4 hr would be heaven! When it drops down to 1 hr at a time I get pretty crazy. Luckily I usually drop right back to sleep once I've been up. Must be like my dad, he could sleep anywhere.

(((Char))) I remember that feeling. I did find, though, that my daughter and I got along much better when we were no longer living in the same house! I still missed her presence, though.

Hang in there, Darla, time goes faster the older you get.....is that a consolation :rolleyes:

Congrats, Doug, on the weight loss, that is how much I've lost, too. When I hike up the hill with 15lb of groceries now I realize how much surplus weight I was living with, no wonder I was tired all the time! re chocolate goodies, I do the same, I'm allowed the occasional brownie, so I make 1/2 the recipe and freeze them all, just take out one at a time.

I have to admit to watching the guys who search people's attics occasionally, amazing what they find sometimes! But I love Antiques Roadshow, lots of neat things there.

(((Annie)))

I hope you all have a rewarding day! :grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

kaypainter
03-13-2013, 12:25 PM
Thank you all for your thoughts. I appreciate them and I'm sure Esme does too. Well for now we have upped her insulin dose to 2 1/2 units twice a day from 2. I will need to keep a close eye on her for more subtle signs that something is wrong if it isn't the insulin. The vet didn't seem worried. I don't know if they do that to make you feel better or . .? He said he wasn't worried so I wasn't allowed to be worried.

But I was worried, so yesterday waiting for results all day I cleaned like a whirling dervish to burn off the worry energy.

Annie did you sneeze on your computer screen? Now I have the 'lurgy. Head cold. Headache, stuffy nose, sore throat. Actually two of my neighbors had it, so probably got it from there. Oh well.

Anita no we haven't started shooting yet. These things happen.

Bill I tried to watch Market Warriors, but I can't stand that woman with the squeaky voice.

I prefer the Antiques Roadshow UK to the American version. Other than that the only reality show I can stand is "So You Think You Can Dance."

Eighteen pounds Doug -- That's great.

:lol: :lol: Henry.

Well I need to get off the computer. Staring at the screen is not improving my headache, so I'll say TTFN and HAWLTAIN

Kay

wcartistsr
03-13-2013, 12:40 PM
Hello, have read some of the thread. Lots about bad weather, sickness, cats, families, etc. Can't reply to all so wishing each the best where they are.

I made my final seat cushion yesterday for the desk chair so that now the dining area is finished. Will have to take a picture.

I think I am dealing with another kidney stone. Started Monday. I see the doc on Friday and then I suppose tests to see what it going on. No real pain which was also true the last time. Hope it stays that way. It has only been 9mo. since the last one.

Think I will do some painting this pm. Am working on the leaves and background of my hibiscus. That is the slow part because I am never sure of what I am doing!

Have a great day.

Shirley

shipbroker
03-13-2013, 01:27 PM
Shirley...as a past sufferer I give all my sympathies.......as the Theatre Sister at University College Hospital in London, where I collapsed, said.....I would rather have my twins again rather than another stone!!

geoff

NancyR
03-13-2013, 01:42 PM
Happy Wednesday to everyone. I am looking at other options for my mother, but I have determined that she is really in the best place she can be for what she can afford. I have one more place to look at tomorrow night that only has 6 residents. I went to two larger facilities, and I was not impressed with either of them.

Over the weekend I jammed one of my toes. I couldn't figure out why one was hurting me so back, so today I wore sandals without stockings. It was a wee bit cold this morning at 45 degress, but this afternoon we are on our way to the high 60s.

We had to move a large lateral file cabinet this morning which required me to empty three drawers. That task was finished, so now the facilities crew can add onto my cube to make a new workspace for my co-worker out on maternity leave.

Sorry Kay, Annie, Geoff, and Shirley hope you all get well soon. Have to get back to work, lunch is over.
Nancy

Scene Chaser
03-13-2013, 02:22 PM
Bill I tried to watch Market Warriors, but I can't stand that woman with the squeaky voice. Kay

Kay, the blond with the long legs has a voice?:wink2:

Bill

olliewood0702
03-13-2013, 02:46 PM
SHirley, Larry passed two stones about 2 weeks apart just these pastcouple of weeks. He is way past a total of 40 that he's had in the past 20 years.(we've just lost count as he has one or two about every 4-5 months) He doesn't even need pain meds anymore; passes them like a trooper. Poor guy...he does have a dull ache and knows when he has one "brewing." They can't pinpoint what causes him to have so many. He's had several shattered too. I'm sending ((())) to you; hope they can give you something for the pain and that you won't have to have them shattered.:heart:

Kay, (((ESME))) hoping for good results for her.

BIll. blonde with LONG legs....and no voice..:evil: :lol:

Oh OUCH Nancy, your poor toe. That can take a long while to heal; be careful not to bang it again. Lucky you having nice weather.

Lynn, yes time does fly as you get older.....sigh.

(((CHAR))) I bet Magoo misses his morning coffee with you too.:heart:

The snow stopped and it's getting a bit brighter out. Still windy and cold though.

There sure have been some excellent paintings in the gallery this past week or two. A LOT of gifted artists in this forum.:thumbsup:

Enjoy what's left of your day/evening/afternoon.

:grouphug:

shipbroker
03-13-2013, 03:24 PM
I see there is a new Bishop of Rome .......a South American Jesuist from Argentina...Pope Francis 1st....

geoff

Lulu
03-13-2013, 03:58 PM
I see there is a new Bishop of Rome .......a South American Jesuist from Argentina...Pope Francis 1st....

geoff

Big surprise but :thumbsup:

Flattwo
03-13-2013, 04:22 PM
I'm Protestant but did expect either a South American or African Pope

Henry

shipbroker
03-13-2013, 04:43 PM
Oddly enough a church commentator in BBC this morning reckoned it would be him as he was runner up last time.....at one time the Canadian Cardinal was un the betting.

geoff

CharM
03-13-2013, 05:07 PM
We bought the cast iron bread pans and they are, indeed, Lodge! I have spelt dough rising as I type this!

We cleaned out a couple of cupboards and packed up stuff that we never, ever use. Matt will be able to use some of it in his new home and the rest went to the transfer station.

Speaking of youngest Son, we finally got the tour of his new home. He's sharing a house with two other friends. It's on a nice street, not far from the Residence so he can walk to/from work. His bedroom has a small 2-piece bath off it. The house includes all appliances, too. Everyone was in some state of unpacking, so the place was a mess! :lol:

We visited my Mother. She's getting her tax stuff ready. Her residence has a really nice "Visiting Room" with coffee, tea and cookies on the buffet. I like it better there than in her tiny little apartment. While we were there, we saw the white smoke belching from the chimney at the Vatican on the big screen tv...

Congratulations, Darla! You make a great addition to our Watercolour Team!

Time to cook dinner, so :wave: to everyone!

LynnM
03-13-2013, 05:07 PM
Kay, I meant to say earlier that I hoped Esme was coming along alright....it is a worry, can't ask her how she feels but you can tell.

I hope you don't get much pain this time, either, Shirley.

I agree, Darla, some lovely work in the Gallery!

Will be interesting to see how the new Pope gets on. He has an auspicious new name.

:) Bill.

Lulu
03-13-2013, 05:28 PM
Doug, good weight loss, just make sure your trousers don't fall down in public

I saw that happen when I was in a pub in Kington!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Congratulations Darla! You are a wonderful addition to the team.:thumbsup:

Yes, Lynn, an auspicious name for the new pope, not sure yet whether it refers to Xavier (who was a Jesuit) or Assisi, possibly both.
He seems like a very humble man. I watched it live as soon as we got up this morning, in between getting John's lunch ready.:)

I love Antiques Road Show too!

Must scoot, big plans today to start back at an oil painting I've let lie for 2 years:eek: Have lost my confidence with oil portraiture, but have decided to make a start today, it's only canvas if it doesn't work! and unlike watercolour I can paint over my mistakes.:D

shipbroker
03-13-2013, 05:40 PM
Lulu he cane across very well to me the greeting to the crowd and the resulting prayers showed much. I am the token non RC in our family unit but have long been a student of religion, in a comparative frame

Perhaps I should have gone into the church!

geoff

CharM
03-13-2013, 07:12 PM
The new Pope is a man who took the bus to work. That speaks volumes.

Dinner's been had and the kitchen is tidied. I wanted to show Bill that my bread looks gorgeous!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Mar-2013/20514-SpeltBread.jpg

And, my spickety new loaf pans:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Mar-2013/20514-LodgePans.jpg

Lynn, of the three children, Matt's been the one I butt heads with... but it's not easy to change our life patterns and I really do miss his company. I'm jealous that you're able to attend the Webinars... my internet is way too slow... and, happy sewing!

(((Shirley))) I hope it passes quickly... :(

Ouch, ouch, ouch Nancy!

An oil painting, eh, Lulu? From your recent drawing?

:wave: Geoff and Henry...

I think we can watch the World Championship Skating on tv tonight... oh... and been meaning to remind Uschi et al that Midwife will be back on PBS in a couple of weeks!

LynnM
03-13-2013, 07:52 PM
Char, thanks for that heads up re the midwives, I hadn't checked the schedule yet. And yes, I'll be glued to the TV for the skating. Watched the pairs short this afternoon, WOW.....won't give you a spoiler :D . Gorgeous bread, now I'm :envy: ! Am working hard for a change to get something out of my lesson of last Saturday, usually I just let it go and start another.

Lulu, most people here seem to be assuming it is Assisi that is the reference....
I'm impressed that you are going back two years to that painting. I have a few like that too :).

Lulu
03-13-2013, 08:41 PM
Lulu, most people here seem to be assuming it is Assisi that is the reference....
I'm impressed that you are going back two years to that painting. I have a few like that too :).

Not on the global Catholic network EWTN Lynn, they seem to think it might be a combination of both. We'll know soon enough when he tells us himself.:)

Have to say it's really hard going back to a painting that has been left so long, but it's one of our eldest grandaughter when she was 3ish, and I've got the likeness pretty much spot-on, it's just more glazing of the face, and then the hair, clothing, hand etc!
I have been painting/drawing the other two grandchildren recently, and I don't want her to feel left out. :heart:
It's also hard going back to oils after watercolour, not only for the clean-up etc because wc suits my lifestyle more, being able to do a bit here, a bit there. I need to set aside a few hours at a time for oils to get make progress, but soon I will leave today's work to dry and get on with a wc.

Char, my recent drawing will be done in watercolour.

Love the bread!

laudesan
03-13-2013, 09:55 PM
Lynn, of the three children, Matt's been the one I butt heads with... but it's not easy to change our life patterns and I really do miss his company. :grouphug: