03-12-2013, 03:42 PM
8x10 oils on board canvas
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Mar-2013/84648-crazy.jpg

just another freak with a paintbrush,
:angel:
la

PaintBoss
03-12-2013, 04:35 PM
I think this is compelling. It makes me think a lot about psychology and our inner lives, struggles. Made me think of the grown self and the "inner child". Just because we are all grown up doesn't mean we don't feel unsure, or a multitude of emotions like when we were little. Some insecurities, fears last through adulthood despite the fact we are now mature adults. So a very evocative piece!

D.W. Flint
03-12-2013, 11:39 PM
I agree with the title. You can definitely come up with them. A true artist.:)

birdhs
03-13-2013, 12:20 AM
Scary thoughts come to mind when I see this.

I am never sure just where the line between being 'just a little crazy' and "Insane" actually lies.

are these people acting crazy or are they insane?

That's what I love about your paintings, they always generate a dialogue with myself... or is that crazy too?

Thanx 4 sharing this with us

greggo

silvenus
03-13-2013, 12:54 AM
I'd be hanging on mothers shirt to, if I had those things trying to get me
is that a crow or a penguin by my right leg and that goblin hanging on
mothers leg and the goose that layed a silver egg trying to peck mothers hand,
eeek is that a rabbit in mothers hair ??? I shall not sleep tonight. go on tell me its all my imagination, you did not paint these things!! so why are they only in your paintings ? Can't wait to see what you produce next. keep em coming

La_
03-13-2013, 12:50 PM
excellent reactions! thanks guys = )
we are all a bit crazy, in subtle or in more bizarre ways
this one, for me, is about how strong children can be when dealing with a lunatic parent.
silvenus, you, have a very good monitor!

la

Andrewcody
03-13-2013, 07:50 PM
Disturbing illustration

PaintBoss
03-13-2013, 08:03 PM
Oh I think it could be even scarier....
I had an undiagnosed but full on bipolar mother who only finally got treatment 4 years ago at 68. Even the police wouldn't "deal" with her. As for growing up dealing with that....well, the paintings I could paint!
I hear you La. Good way to work it out.