03-12-2013, 02:31 AM
More snow
geoff

doppler
03-12-2013, 03:12 AM
More cough and irk here.

Yorky
03-12-2013, 04:12 AM
Good morning all from a chilly West Lancashire. Thankfully the temperature has crept above freezing so the car should be easy to scrape after a dusting of snow overnight. A pleasant sunny morning otherwise.

We have the farce again of hundreds of motorists stranded in the south of England by less than 4 inches of snow :rolleyes: We are never prepared.

Ruth's physio this morning and I'll cut a mount for my mill painting and see if it passes. I see a couple of touches still required.

Doug

shipbroker
03-12-2013, 04:55 AM
Lovely day here still the odd snowflake but only a couple of inches anyway...
Golf course shut again but with my condition as it has been these past three days I wouldn't have played anyway...........

Back aches still there but nagging rather than acute.

Just realised that apart from a small bowl of pasta and and icecream on Sunday afternoon I have not eaten since Saturday evening........and I don't feel like it either..........one way to shed the odd 100lbs!

geoff

Lulu
03-12-2013, 04:55 AM
Hello again:)

Another warm day, and a work day too. Another one tomorrow.

Have received news tonight that John's nephew and wife have their new baby, their 7th! makes 6 boys and one girl! :thumbsup: and no, they're not Catholic :lol: They're a beautiful family, and the children are all home-schooled, amazing really.

Watched an interesting programme tonight on the British Monarchy, lots of things I had never heard in the early days, things that the worldwide media would certainly latch on to today. I think it's an ongoing series.

Geoff, how are you?? I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well, hope it's just a temporary glitch for you?
Edit: Hope you feel better soon. We posted at the same time, just as well it wasn't the beginning of the Wash, wonder which one of us would be rewarded with blue? :lol:

Hi Annie of the lurgy, hope you wave that cold goodbye quick smart too! ((( )))

Better go and feed the cats and start getting ready for bed.

Nite:wave:

Scene Chaser
03-12-2013, 05:38 AM
Good Day All,

((Annie))

((Geoff)) Plenty of water, I'm sure, will help flush it out of your system. My back ache sometimes is a signal that my gallbladder is upset from something I ate.

It has rained and turned cold again. Spring.

Bill

shipbroker
03-12-2013, 06:30 AM
Agree with the fluids Bill.........have always drunk lots since the bladder cancer....

geoff

Roun2it
03-12-2013, 06:33 AM
Morning each ...... :wave:

I'm counting with Lulu another 4 weeks and I'll be landing in Abu Dhabi somewhere near to where she will be and then off to our final destination ... such a pity we couldn't met up ...... would have saved me a fortune!!!!!! :lol:

Low lying snow here, it is cold but sunny. Not venturing out on my crutches. Chris is adamant that I do nothing now until the holiday she doesn't want me to mess it up before we go ........ So I'm restricted to a little light housework and cooking.

OK off to make a brew and maybe finish off an acrylic I've had looking at me for a month or two ..... just can't get the sky right.

See ya .......... :wave:

Island Nipper
03-12-2013, 07:02 AM
Hi everyone, 0.7 deg, just stopped snowing, had about 4 inches, 25 knots NE wind, sea covered with white horses. Its March for goodness sake, I am not keen on this global warming its too blinking cold.

the hospice has cancelled due to 4 inches of snow!!

My last painting was a bit of a disaster so trying a completely different approach now, back to basics.

Just had the two wires on the garage door replaced, 78 phew. Its a job Iwould have done myself a couple of years ago. Its expensive to be disabled.

Bye all, off to paint.

Geoff, I hope you feel better soon.

Flattwo
03-12-2013, 07:49 AM
Hi to All

Minus here, heating boiler stopped, wife panicked but just had to be reset!

Doug, as old Crawshaw used to say..no fiddling, and then continue to do so himself!

Henry

Ellen in Ont
03-12-2013, 08:06 AM
:wave: everyone,
We have had a lot of snow yesterday. Brian and I both went out yesterday afternoon and got the driveway and walkways done and now it looks like we've had another 6 inches overnight. He is day shift and got out of the driveway before the snow plow went by but I'll have to shovel before I can get the car out and before the mailman comes. :rolleyes:

Nightshift again tonight so between the shovelling, errands to run once I can get out, and the need for a nap, the day will leave no time for painting or the taxes that I had planned to start this weekend. Where does time go?

I better get off this chair, have a bite to eat, and get dressed for shovelling. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Strawberry Wine
03-12-2013, 08:13 AM
Morning Washers !

Just as it was starting to get light about 40 minutes ago I saw a racoon saunter up our driveway and waddle to the very back of our garden and disappear. Spring has officially arrived.

I did enjoy the extra daylight last evening even though it was too wet and cool to sit on the back deck which is free of snow for the moment. Our Spring school break is this week and the weather is going to wet and cool. Often the weather co operates and provides us a week of Spring like temperatures and sunshine. But those day will arrive soon !

Nipper Geoff, 4 inces of snow is normal where we live but head one hour south to Toronto the entire city is stop and not much going. I hear you on the costs of repairs. Things that Dan and i would fix or do ourselves a few years ago has now got us procrastinating or wondering if it is something we can afford to hire someone to do.

Bill, thanks for the feed back on the bread machine rising cycle. I have never had a problem but I am going to try your method the next time I make bread. Maybe wedge the lid of the machine open a bit so it is not so warm.

Geoff, hope you are having the re occuring kidney issues looked into this week.. Stay hydrated but not excessive amounts of fluid that will put stress on the kidneys.

Yes, Kevin, I agree with Chris, stay quiet, stay indoors, do nothing to put your trip in jeprody. Keep busy painting and cooking. Now that is the life. :)

Lulu, congratulations on the safe arrival of the new baby... the way you have written this I am thinking the new little one is a wee girl, who has 5 older brothers. God help her! :D Loved your drawing !!!

FYI. The World Figure Skating Championships start to today in London, Ontario. CBC will have full coverage for those of you in Canada that want to watch them. The CBC website will have coverage as well and a program schedule of the events that will be televised. Here is the link to the televised Eastern Daylight Savings Time Schedule (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/broadcast/) that starts this afternoon. The link will take you to the CBC page but the page is defaulted to the high lighted to CBCsports.ca. which is their online sports channel. Just click on the CBC television button to get the television schedule.

Annie, start taking some Zinc to boost your immune system. It should help you recover more quickly.

Clara, so nice to see you back again. I have not painted since before Christmas either and I just got my brushes wet for the 1st time yesterday. I am :envy: that you were able to view the Northern Lights". It is one of the few things left on my "bucket list".

Dan and Pearl have surfaced so I think I will get two of the "sticky buns" I made last week out of the freezer and slice up an orange or two for our breakfast.

BBL :wave: to all

Cheers,

Gail

olliewood0702
03-12-2013, 08:37 AM
Hello all;

It's a pale paynes gray out there this morning. Damp too; drizzling. They said it could freeze a bit but it hasn't.:thumbsup: Just wet and damp.

Welcome back Clara! I saw your post at the end of yesterday's wash. Your trip sounded wonderful. In my hometown we'd sometimes see the northern lights....SO beautiful. I'd LOVE to go for a dogsled ride.

Ellen, you poor thing....it sounds like you are shoveling a lot lately. Do be careful you don't over-do it.

Doug lately you and Geoff have been getting more snow than we are!

(((GEOFF))) I hope you won't be ill too long and that very soon you'll be feeling better and like eating again.

GEOFF, yes home and garage repairs are costly. I'm sorry your hospice had to cancel; glad you are painting!

Waving to Bill, Doug, LuLu, and Peter!

Gail, I'm ready for SPRING too...if we'd just get some sunshine; even if it's cold I NEEEEED the sunsine.:crossfingers:

I hope you all have a most WONDERFULLY productive day and that you will be able to do something you love or do something WITH someone you love.

BBL:wave: :heart:

Uschi
03-12-2013, 08:42 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

Those warmer winters sure have a huge drawback - lots more gray in gray days. and today is another one. Pur winters used to be filled with bright sunshine.

My sump pump has been going off so the ground must be defrosting plus it rained all day yesterday and lots of the snow has melted away.

I am not sure if my friend Lynn and I are going for our lunch today because she might still be in Toronto looking after her grands. Their nanny went back home to the Phillipenes to look after her sick mother.

Sharon, I LOVE your painting buddies paintings!!!!!!

Carole, :clap: :clap: :clap: for getting your hydro back!!

((((((((Kate))))) I hope your surgeon's news today is EXCELLENT!!!

Nipper Geoff, YUP, aging does the same thing i.e. I now spend $ 500 for snow removal which until a couple of years ago I did myself. I find that if my strength isn't lacking then it's my motivation:rolleyes:

Kev, :crossfingers: for you!!!

Geoff, I too hope this is just a glitch:crossfingers:

Annie, this too will pass:)

Gail, I used to LOVE watching the skating but find it is just too stressful. My heart just drops when they fall and all those many hours of hard work are down the drain.

:wave: to ALL here and all yet to come and :grouphug: to those of you not feeling well!!!

Uschi

CharM
03-12-2013, 09:04 AM
Good morning... It's quite dull and gloomy here this morning, not able to decide if it will rain or snow... I'm thinking rain is on the way. I slept late this morning and will need to get things movin' and groovin' right shortly.

Yesterday's classes were lots of fun as always... we're still working on shadows, and we practiced creating form in red elements (fruit, veggies, etc.)...

I managed to get my grey fox (my endangered species for the March KIUAN) drawn out... now I have to figure out how to paint his salt and pepper fur across his back and sides...

Gail and Uschi have said my sayings for me this morning... and I'll send lots of positive energy to both Geoff and Annie... I'm :crossfingers: for Kate in the hope of great news...

It's time for me to log off for my first Class... Have a wonderful day everyone!

LynnM
03-12-2013, 09:06 AM
:wave: Hello all! got to rush, extra shift at the Gallery this morning.....BBL

NancyR
03-12-2013, 09:07 AM
Just a quick good morning to everyone. I am running late, so I will have to post replies later. I saw this article (http://www.dallasnews.com/entertainment/arts/photos/20130311-color-yarn-and-whimsy-cover-dallas-heritage-village.ece?ssimg=921313#ssTop921388) and immediately thought of Doug's wife Ruth.

BBL
Nancy

laudesan
03-12-2013, 09:35 AM
Huge hugs Geoff

Hugs to Annie and Kev too.

:wave: all

nite-nite from me.

:grouphug:

Uschi
03-12-2013, 09:48 AM
Nancy, you are sooo right, Ruth would LOVE that and even more so to participate in the project.

Char, enjoy your painting day!!

Well, my luncheon friend Lynn is back so we are going for lunch.

:wave: Uschi

Yorky
03-12-2013, 09:51 AM
Just a quick good morning to everyone. I am running late, so I will have to post replies later. I saw this article (http://www.dallasnews.com/entertainment/arts/photos/20130311-color-yarn-and-whimsy-cover-dallas-heritage-village.ece?ssimg=921313#ssTop921388) and immediately thought of Doug's wife Ruth.

BBL
Nancy

Thanks Nancy, Ruth would have been at home there :)

Temperature has soared to 16C and the snow has all gone now :thumbsup:

Doug

Philippe56
03-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Little snow this morning but plenty of ice on roads

Scene Chaser
03-12-2013, 10:13 AM
Gail, I saw a coon, too. It sauntered into my live trap last night after raiding Ms. Feral's food and water for three nights.
I did sit on the deck for about half an hour two days ago. Ms. Feral was in her glory for the company and petting. 55 F is quite comfortable at this time of year, in the summer it would not seem so.

Doug, you'll have to sit in your garden today. Is it starting to bloom?

Nancy, love the yarn bombing idea. Some clever art there.

Bill

JudyL
03-12-2013, 11:05 AM
Hi :wave:
Kids spent the night and will again tonite, Dad is off to La La land and Jen had to take him to the airport early early. Lauren had to be at school at 7 am so it just seemed logical especially as they ususally stay over on tuesdays, since wednesday is "Late Start Wednesday"

Lauren was very weepy because she wanted to skip school on wednesday for BF's support (later)
We cheered her up by watching episodes of QI !!! Jack fixed it so that it streams to our TV, she was soon laughing, LOVE LOVE LOVE QI! I do not understand why we can't get it here!!!! (thanks again)

Yorky
03-12-2013, 12:06 PM
Doug, you'll have to sit in your garden today. Is it starting to bloom?

Hi Bill, no, the flowers are keeping the heads down until we get a sustained period of warm weather. the best month for the garden is May.

Incidentally I have just been watching one of Danny Gregory's videos (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19519805&postcount=11) with Ernest Ward who posts in the Art Journals forum. Danny has done several interviews with journal artists who use pen and wash which you may find interesting.

Doug

WthrLady
03-12-2013, 12:32 PM
Good Morning all.

Sunny and 70 today, for a change, it is NICE out AND we aren't downwind of the stink. The pollen is another issue, sticky eyes, itchy skin.

The tulips and daffodils are LONG gone, the magnolias and forsythias are done blooming. The pinks are in bloom. The pansies are wilting. The garlic is up about 20 inches. This weekend we are headed for 80! April is the start of summer here!

I finished the skyline painting (gallery) from the skyline sketch I did plein air this weekend. I really like this one in person.

Kev - BEHAVE!

Popping out to read the wash and the rest of the boards.

Scene Chaser
03-12-2013, 12:54 PM
Thanks, Doug. Ward has had an interesting career as an artist. I enjoyed part of his video.
Bill

New Gamboge
03-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Good morning everyone - very rainy day here - 15 mm so far today, although for the northern part of the Island, they were prediction over 30 mm.

Poor little owlets look uncomfortable in the rain:

http://www.hancockwildlife.org/index.php?topic=VictoriaGHOwl#camera-ptz

they hatched on Valentine's day.

One more curling game on Thursday, and that's it until October. If you want to see terrific curling, watch the first game of the Ford's women's curling - it's supposed to be Rachel Homan of Canada against Eve Muirhead of Scotland - 2 of the best teams ever.

Betty

kaypainter
03-12-2013, 01:29 PM
Hi all,

Hoping you can keep a good thought for Esme. Took her in for glucose testing earlier than planned as she seemed to be urinating a lot and drinking a lot of water. Yes -- her blood sugar was high -- over 500! They like it to be in the 300's before the shot. And she'd lost some weight. So -- very worried parent here.

I am trying to shovel sunshine to all of you. It is supposed to be in the 80's F today. It's been lovely here with temps in the high 70's and crisp cool nights.

Geoff :grouphug: :grouphug: hope the kidney problem gets resolved soon.

Take every care Kev so you can have a lovely vacation.

Nancy love the tree bombs. I should get a photo of the bike rails in this one part of town. They have these black bike rails embedded in the sidewalk for people to lock their bikes to, and in this one part of town someone crocheted covers for all of them.

:clap: :clap: for rain Caryl!

Bill I hope soon Ms. Feral gets less afraid and the racoon gets lost. :lol:

Wishing you sunshine Darla.

Nipper Geoff have fun painting.

I'm sorry Uschi, but I had to laugh about getting too stressed to watch skating. I thought of Lulu and her pencils and you watching through your fingers like at horror movie.

:wave: :wave: to all and HAWLTAIN

Kay

Uschi
03-12-2013, 02:33 PM
Back from lunch. We were originally going to a family restaurant and then I remembered the wonderful buffet in the Chinese Restaurant yesterday and then I remembered that it is only half price at lunch and then I remembered that we get 20% off for seniors so guess where we went for a delicious 5 course lunch for $ 10.16 (incl. tax) each - YUP, you guessed it!! Was quite wonderful. No big supper needed, made sure I had some of every food group and every vitamin and mineral etc.:lol: These restaurants make the best green beans and asparegus(sp?), crisp, yet tender:thumbsup:

((((((((((Kay and Esme)))))))))))) Kay, I soooo hope she will be fine!!! Re the skating, I watched an hou show about their training a couple of dauys ago, that was enjoyable because when they fell it didn't matter much. Actually I LOVE the ice dancing and there isn't any jumping involved.:thumbsup:

Bill, anpother racoon???? Are you marking them to see if it is the same one?? I'm happy about the warmer weather for you and Ms. Feral:heart:

Betty, they didn't choose a very nice spot for their breeding and they aren't moving much, I guess it's the rain but they should be used to it out at your end of the world.

That remind me, we havent heard from Hap in a while!!! Hope all is well with you and Anne Hap!!

Caryl, big sadness for you, not for the stink, but because you have already passed the best part of the year.

Judy, the trials and tribulations of teenagers.

I hope you sick ones are improving as we speak!!!!

:wave: Uschi

shipbroker
03-12-2013, 03:36 PM
Sounds lovely Uschi.......I really go for Chinese but have to avoid things like sweet and sour otherwise my legs go mad with the sugar.........

Snow all gone now

geoff

Uschi
03-12-2013, 04:01 PM
Geoff, I guess I could, but I don't touch that stuff, nor the chicken balls with all the dough around them. Their Salad Bar is wonderful, so is their fruit and their vegetables, that alone would be worth the $10. For some reason they also serve bacon and sausages (bangers) and since I don't have them normally I just couldn't resist a banger:lol: Same with a small slice of Lemon Merinque pie:lol:

Uschi

painterbear
03-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Good Afternoon all,
It is almost 4:15 p.m. on a cloud covered, drizzly day here in Oakwood.

Finished packing up all my "stuff" to take to the first class of my Beginners' Watercolor. We'll go for 7 weeks, tomorrow we start with learning about papers, brushes, paints, setting up our work spaces, mixing puddles of paint and fixing paper to a board to start our practice with washes...four different kinds: flat, gradated, varigated, and streaky. Then we'll do a monochrome painting of a house on a hill to show how you darken a color with multiple washes. That should fill up the 2 hours we have allotted for the class. :D

Uschi, Your lunch sounds delicious to me. I always like going to smorgasbords when I was growing up. Chinese buffets are fun too. In fact, I am making a Happy Family dinner tonight with some left over steak, roast chicken, and shrimp. I'll add carrots, broccoli pieces, chinese cabbage, and oriental veggies and a nice, flavorful sauce of oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesami oil, and sherry. ;)

Kay, :crossfingers: your Esme pulls through again for you. I know how heart-wrenching it is to watch your little fur kids when they are ill. :grouphug:

Caryl, I can see little snow drops in the empty lot next door and the daffodils are poking their heads about the soil by a couple inches. Spring definitely is around the corner, but they are also predicting snow showers in a couple days. No accumulation, but just enough to remind us not to forget it quite yet.

Well, now that I've listed all those veggies, guess I better get busy doing prep work. That's what is nice about Oriental dishes, they don't take long to cook....once you get the prep work done. ;)

White light to all who are ailing or aching,

Hugs to all who need them,

SYL,

Sylvia