just going for Breaky not sure what Ill have yet:D

I'm back got breaky slow cook beef carrot slice beans roast potatoes :heart:
beef really tender jummy Oh and mug hot chocolate :D

1593 to go

Ellen in Ont
03-10-2013, 11:19 PM
:wave: everyone,
Good morning Peter and all who follow. For me it's still yesterday. :D

I was falling asleep watching TV so I decided to go to bed. After lying in bed for 45 minutes wide awake I decided to get back up and read on my iPad for awhile before trying again.

I hope everyone gets a decent sleep tonight and you all have a great start to the new week.

Lulu
03-11-2013, 12:09 AM
Hi Peter, Hi Ellen :wave: and all yet to come.......

Yet another very warm sunny day, sitting on 32C at 5 pm. Usually we expect February to be our best summer month, but it's now 3 months of this weather (mostly), and we are meant to have started autumn!
Great for all those who are on holiday though.

I've been getting laundry done, general household stuff, and finished my drawing.
I mentioned last week that I was photographing flies.......well if you want to see why ! I posted my drawing in the portraiture forum here (here). It will one day become a painting.

Now I'd better get the washing in off the line and fold it, then do something about dinner prep.

Have a good Monday everyone.

shipbroker
03-11-2013, 12:17 AM
Morning all.

Snow has gone

geoff

Lulu
03-11-2013, 01:12 AM
Hi Geoff.

Just had another look at our air tickets.....3hrs 50 mins to Sydney, then 14hrs 50 minutes to Abu Dhabi........oh my.....:eek::eek:
Have just bought two books at auction online, the Lonely Planet Guide to the UAE, and a $5 one called Abu Dhabi Days, Dubai Nights...:thumbsup:

laudesan
03-11-2013, 02:57 AM
:wave:

I had a blinding headache all day yesterday, this morning wasn't so bad, so I ventured out for fresh fruit and vegetable. The headache is back again now.
I can usually feel when someone very close to me is stressed, hurting, or unhappy. I know someone close is terribly stressed, and someone else who is incredibly saddened.
I hope these people can find someone near them to lend a shoulder and an ear. Sadly I can't, I am too far away.. :heart:

The sun shone all day today. Yay!! The birds are chirping, having their supper in the neighbouring trees. The will settle down for the evening, in another hour.

Peter, you must have won a Kewpie Doll by now. :D

Your drawing is gorgeous Lulu. 14 hours isn't bad girl. Not even enough time to get into a decent book. Try flying to Ontario from Brisbane. Now there is a 32 hour marathon. :p One I love though.

Hey Geoff, what are your plans today?

Later..........

Lulu
03-11-2013, 03:31 AM
Hi JJ, thanks re my drawing. The actual flying time between Ontario and Brisbane wouldn't add up to 32 hours would it? Our flight to Sydney is nearly 4 hours, then waiting for 5 hours I think, and then from Sydney to AD is nearly 15 hours, my plan is to do some sleeping! No matter, it's all worth it. :heart:

Yorky
03-11-2013, 03:37 AM
Good morning all. It's a sunny, chilly morning after a clear night 3C.

You have the strangest breakfasts Peter, but then, your body clock must be shot by working through the night.

Wonderful sketch Lulu, look forward to seeing the painting.

Determined to get back an finish my corn mill painting today :rolleyes:

Yes, a long flight Lulu, depends on how comfortable your seats are and how near to the loos :lol: Ruth watched two series of Downton Abbey ou our flights from Abu Dhabi.

Doug

doppler
03-11-2013, 03:42 AM
Good evening all.

Geoff you were missed.

Henry, no more Connery speaks. OK. Threatening icon. Waving finger. Coffee shpluttered down front this morning which luckily has a pattern that doesn't hold stains, or at least allow anyone to notice them so I didn't have to change.

Lulu, I really feel for your out of sorts Oz summer. It is incredibly awful wondering if it will change and when. Four hours to Sydney? Are they going via Tasmania??? BTW counselling or endless alcohol whatever should be provided for 14 hour flights, especially with two hours in a line at the end shuffling a few inches at a time, when you've forgotten legs are for standing on and not just for folding away with the life jacket under the seat. OK I loathe flying.

edit, the hours might be daylight savings dumb sleight of hand stuff or are you really going via Tasmania? Five hours at Sydney... :eek: Enjoy. Group hug needed now.

JJ. :wave: It was sunny blowing and chilly today. Autumn.

Ellen :wave:

Manflu has me coughing and coughing and coughing. Luckily quiet at work so could hide in my office alone and practice dying. Not perfected yet. Rogers longer lasting one sent him home early. I am still hoping for the resilience of the X chromosome. Think I will bug out on tomorrow and make Rogers life a misery in lieu of healing. :lol: :thumbsup: One of us should get better.

Lulu
03-11-2013, 03:47 AM
Four hours to Sydney? Are they going via Tasmania??? .

It's an Ozzie plane, goes slower.....:p

3 hrs 10 mins coming home:D

Yes, seating near loos is a must Doug!
Thanks re drawing.
Have to agree with you about Peter's breakfasts...:eek:

doppler
03-11-2013, 03:51 AM
NO!!! Really ? :lol: :lol: :lol: Slow ?

Air New Zealand has been voted the best the world.

BTW Peter is eating his evening meal. Those night workers! Where would we be without them?

Lulu
03-11-2013, 03:59 AM
I know, but it's not the cheapest lol
We are flying Virgin Australia, who are flying for Etihad. It's one of the biggies though, should be comfortable enough (as far as air travel can be in cattle class lol).

doppler
03-11-2013, 04:10 AM
Good airline.:thumbsup:

Don't think anyone REALLY enjoys the transit. Business class is way WAY too expensive for just another couple of inches of knee extension and more unwanted attention. The sleepy bed airliners would bankrupt me. No point arriving without change.:rolleyes:

ScarletLake
03-11-2013, 04:34 AM
Hello Everyone:wave: :wave:

It is 4:25 AM here in Ohio. We had a really nice weather day yesterday. Sun out and in the 60's but it is now raining pretty good outside. Forecast for today rain and 51 and then Tues 41 rain and snow flurries.

I sat with a friend of mine's 2 kids on Sat so he could teach a class in CPR. He is divorced and has a little girl age 5 and a son age 10. I bought something for the little girl and I to do from Hobby Lobby. It was a wooden style like a paper doll with outfits that you could paint and they were magnatized to her body.

We painted and glued glitter and decals for several hours. Had a great time. The boy played with his video games and talked to his friends who were playing along in real time.

Afterward I came home and took a nice long nap:lol: :lol:

I have been applying to a local company who does the states Medicaid Health Insurance and I finally got a bite. They emailed me on Thursday afternoon to take an online test. I was working at the museum on Thursday and didn't see it until Friday morning so I did as instructed.

The online test consisted of 100 personality testing questions, a vocabulary test and then a math test. UGGGG. I finished it and we'll see if I get further.

For today I have to finish 2 online art projects - my zine and an ATC card of Spring. Goal to get them in the mail Tuesday.

That's about it for me

Anita

Lulu
03-11-2013, 04:38 AM
Annie, when we went to Italy in 2005 we went via Bangkok. We were in an organised tour, got to the airport and .........no seats for any of us!!! After lengthy 'discussions' (lol) between the tour manager and airline staff we were all put in business class! On Thai Airways, (good airline too) the seats reclined so that I could do my usual, stretch righ out and sleep on my stomach! We had such fun trying all there was to offer! Has never happened again lol Except that when flying to Singapore on one of their airbuses, there werent' many passengers and we were invited to each take up 3 seats and stretch out. :thumbsup:

Hi Anita:wave: Glad I don't have to take a math test, I wouldn't pass.......I found an old school report card of mine, when I was about 8 or 9 I think. I got D for maths and A for art!:lol: :lol:

Speaking of Robertson's, Henry, our Elliot has inherited 'the' genes I think, at 8 he is a whiz-kid with maths. Will be interesting to see how that develops.

ScarletLake
03-11-2013, 05:33 AM
LuLu

Before you started the online test they told you to estimate 35 min for the test. You could also gauge the progress by a bar across the top of the test as to how far along you were progressing.

I was doing fine with the personality questions, fine on the vocabulary but that math slowed me down. It was all word problems with $$$$ and fractions, percents. I did use my calculator but even then remembering the order of things with percents, fractions, etc. etc. I was brain dead by the time I finished.

So it took me an hour to finish this little thing. I would imagine that was average for most people. Had I not had a calculator I would still be doing that test. :lol: :lol:

BTW - I don't know if I could be on a plane that long but for only getting to see my kids.

Well it is 5:30am now what to do till 8am and shower time then coffee time.

Anita

laudesan
03-11-2013, 05:35 AM
The actual flying time between Ontario and Brisbane wouldn't add up to 32 hours would it? It is depending on what stops one has.

Brisbane to Sydney 1.5 hours
Sydney to Singapore 7.5 hours
Singapore to Hawaii 10.5 hours
Hawaii to Toronto 11 hours
= 30.5 hours

Then, there is the time between flights. Hawaii is quick, you are off the plane, through customs and back on the plane within one hour or so. Singapore, last time I had a 3 hour wait time. I get to read a lot. And sketch. I can't sleep much on a plane, and I won't take drugs.

When I flew to Seoul, I had an all night stopover.

:wave: Annie, Anita....

Lulu
03-11-2013, 05:46 AM
Well then I won't be visiting Ontario any time soon lol add flight time from NZ...:eek: We normally have a one or two day stopover on long haul flying but this time we just want to be there:)

Anita that would do my head in!

cloudchaser
03-11-2013, 06:22 AM
Good day to everyone,

After a taste of spring last tuesday ,reaching 60 F, today we are at 32F with snow showers and a biting north easterly wind:eek: So no work for me while it's like this, maybe some painting or inside diy jobs.

Lulu,Annie, those extended times inflight are what puts me off travelling long haul, 3 to 4 hours in the air are enough for me I think. I think it is just the boredom of being confined for so long that would get to me.

Hope all those of us that are feeling unwell or just low will get some relief today:heart:

If possible get some painting done, whatever the medium, have fun:thumbsup:

Peter, congratulations for the Kewpie doll collection, nice breakfast:lol:

Take care all

Nearly forgot , wife and are are looking at going on holiday late September to Madeira for Pat's 60th birthday, looks a beautiful island, so lush. Can't wait!!!:)

regards
Tony.:wave:

painterbear
03-11-2013, 06:30 AM
Good Morning all,
It is almost 6:30 a.m. here in pitch dark, raining Oakwood. Supposed to rain all day today.

I'm off to art class this afternoon. I'm taking my cougar drawing to start on for the KIUAN Exercise. Have to reread Skappy's tutorial on painting cats and dogs in the Monthly Classes archive this morning. :D

Lulu, That much time in transit would really do me in. I still shutter remembering my first flight to Adana, Turkey, with an 18 month old in tow. Don't remember exactly how long it was, but it felt like forever. :rolleyes:

Anita, :crossfingers: you get a call for an in-person interview for that job.

:wave: to all who were here before me and to those still on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

shipbroker
03-11-2013, 07:37 AM
Sunny but snowing heavily here......

Not doing anything as unwell since yesterday.

geoff

laudesan
03-11-2013, 08:03 AM
Hey Tony, Sylvia.

Geoff (((hugs)))

Yorky
03-11-2013, 08:10 AM
I thought you would be getting snow Geoff, it's coming from the east. We just had a few flurries. Sorry you are not felling well.

Doug

Flattwo
03-11-2013, 08:21 AM
Hi to All

Geoff, I hope you are not coming down with the lurgy

Heavyish snow and cold here today

Annie, no more Sean connery jokes from me....I promise

Lulu, I am not a good traveller, no way could I do that long haul flight you are doing, a trip round to the corner shop for the newspaper makes me queasy. In any case flights are out of the question for my wife at the moment. I'm sure you will enjoy the middle east!

I have another couple of paintings to get framed for another exhibition in Glasgow http://www.thelighthouse.co.uk/ this time I will get a framer to do them!

Henry

NancyR
03-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Good Morning from chilly Texas. Another blast of cold air arrived, and the temperatures went down to 34 degrees over night. I sure hope my blueberries are OK.

Lulu, you must be so excited about your trip. The longest flight I ever took was from Dallas to Hawaii. I do not think I could handle anything longer.

Henry, I think if I was having an exhibition at that site, I would also have the paintings professionally framed.

Anita, :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: for an in-person interview.

Everyone have a wonderful, creative day. I will now face the boring task of digitizing about two inches of documents.

Nancy

olliewood0702
03-11-2013, 09:22 AM
Happy Monday All,

It's DARK, gloomy and yucky here.Quite mild though at 50F! With the time change it was pitch black when I got to work. THe sky is so dark and dreary it's not much brighter out now!:confused: It's misting too; and they say rain changing to snow tonight.

Neither Larry nor I slept well last night and we didn't want to roll out of bed this morning. UGH.....Monday's are rough.

This trip will be Larry's and my longest flight ever. We leave Detroit for Philadelphia at 4:50pm arrive at 6:35pm; leave Phily at 8:40pm and arrive in England at 11:00am. Not too bad. I'm not sure I could do a 20-32 hour flight. We'll try to sleep but I don't expect to.:rolleyes:

I sure hope (((JJ))), (((GEOFF))), (((ANNIE& (ROGER))),(((CHAR))) and anyone else needing hugs will accept them along with good wishes.:grouphug: There are enough for everyone.

I hope you all have a great day and are able to be creative in some way.

G'Day:wave: :heart:

Uschi
03-11-2013, 10:11 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!

+7C and raining. I can actually see patches of earth in the garden where the snow has melted away. After today we are back to the around freezing mark.

It was an absolutely FABULOUS day yesterday, sooo warm, sooo sunny, sooo wonderful!!!!!!

Had a nice afternoon, son and Ethan came along for the swimming. These private Oma lessons sure help to improve Ava"s swimming:thumbsup:

It is my friend Jodi's birthday today, so after playing table tennis in the afternoon I am off to Kitchener to have dinner with her at the King's Buffet (chinese).

Lulu, that drawing is GORGEOUS!!! A beautiful piece of art in itself.

I am not a lover of flyintg - period!!! Visiting Austria takes areound 8 to 9 hours. Flew to Bombay, India once - first to New York, then to London, then to Frankfurt and finally on to India. The whole process took 36 hours:eek:

Only participating in a table tennis World Championship would get me to fly that far again:lol: :lol: :lol:

Geoff and Annie, get better quickly!!!!!

Anita :crossfingers:

Time for my shower, :wave: to all here and all yet to come and :grouphug: to all of our friends who are not feeling well!!

Uschi

Scene Chaser
03-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Good Day All,
Overcast but mild at 46F.

((Geoff)) Could it have been the American food the other day?

I like to fly, just don't like having other passengers riding along.
I have flown business a couple of times from being bumped up and that is very pleasant. I do get off the plane a little tipsy, though.:)

Darla, what airlines are you using? I'm sure you looked for the best prices.
Bill

olliewood0702
03-11-2013, 10:38 AM
I did hunt around Bill and l think I got a good price (Expedia because I get points), it's US AIRWAYS/Rebublic Airlines. Are you tipsy from the high altitude Bill; or too many glasses of wine?...:evil: I guess you could be a bit un -steady on your feet from gravity.:lol: I'd like to fly business but costs too much. My boss said to ask when we check in and sometimes you can pay as little as $80.00-100.00 to upgrade. But we probably won't bother.

JudyL
03-11-2013, 11:05 AM
DST a bit of a shock this morning, I was prepared but forgot how dark it would be, and Jack forgot to adjust the sprinkler so the kids had to do a bit a dash to get to the door :lol: Spencer who does not do morning was a hoot, I couldn't see him till Lauren pointed out he was buried in the "energy sucking chair" he matched it. We have them tonite as well as tuesday night, Kevin is heading south again and this makes things a lot easier all around. Just KNOW Spencer will be sleeping in the wall bed, he has claimed it :rolleyes:
We need to go over to their house later, the repair guy is replacing the bit in the fridge that keeps them from getting a freezer that works.

We flew business a lot while living in the UK, it's an 8 hour flight from UK to California, but we had a credit card linked to the airline, so I was ENCOURAGED :smug: to use it, we pay it off so no problem, and I love business class. When Lauren came over to visit, I went back with her and we got to fly business, she was impressed AND I had made reservations to stay at the Yotel at Heathrow, and they had to change our reservations to the Hilton! Life sometimes throws happy surprises sometime.

Mustache, BBL

footman
03-11-2013, 11:41 AM
Hello everyone,

What a strange day we're having here! One minute there's blizzard conditions and a howling wind. Ten minutes later the sun is shining brightly, and the snow gives up and melts away. I'm very glad I don't have to leave the house today. Tomorrow I have to go back up to Liverpool to see my neurosurgeon to discuss the result of my surgery before Christmas. Fingers crossed :crossfingers: this might be the last visit.

Yesterday our two daughters came to see us, to share a meal for Mothering Sunday. It was lovely to see them and we had a wonderful afternoon together.

Today I'm trying to organise some paintings to put in an exhibition locally at Easter. The frames I need seem to be in short supply, so I think I may have to get some made. Is 12" x 9" a really unusual size?

WthrLady
03-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Morning all!

WOW, time change wins again! I couldn't fall asleep and then I OVERSLEPT this morning.

The pollen is UNBELIEVABLE! It can't rain soon enough for me. My poor eyes were all icky and I broke out in a pine pollen splotch. RAIN RAIN RAIN!

I haven't flown in over 20 years. The plane had a long violent failure to fly moment, when I got off, I never looked back. My body goes into sleep mode when I travel. I think that's how it protects itself from severe motion issues (inner ear defect). I can even make myself sick when I"M driving. (NO I don't sleep when I drive.) So good luck to those that travel!

Going to try to get some work done on this cityscape today. Meatballs in the crockpot.

Have a good day all!

Yorky
03-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Same here Kate, just had a dusting of snow.

I hope your check up goes well.

12x9 should be a standard frame size. I buy small frames from Wilkinsons or Range.

PS Hi Caryl, sounds rough down there.

Doug

footman
03-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Thanks Doug, I'll look in those shops next time I can get out. I'm really missing being able to drive my car at the moment, but hope the doc will give me permission to start again soon.

Yorky
03-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Thanks Doug, I'll look in those shops next time I can get out. I'm really missing being able to drive my car at the moment, but hope the doc will give me permission to start again soon.

You can order the Wilkinson's frames on line for either home or shop delivery Kate. That's what I do and collect them from the Southport store.

Doug

Europa
03-11-2013, 12:13 PM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!

Am in the office waiting from a phone call from the bank re our overdraft :(

Workmen came today to do the tiling in the new wetroom - they were following suit in being quick and efficient and clean. Of course floosie Winnie got her hugs and kisses off them both (twice...:rolleyes: ). They should be finished completely by Wednesday....these early mornings are killing me.....LOL.

Been a funny day today here in downtown Wigan weatherwise - blues skies - freezing cold then snow flurries but not sticking so that is good.

Had a lovely Mother's Day although the day started off with Mum falling off the bed and got stuck between the end of the bed and the wall - John and I didn't half struggle to get her up - i gave her a right telling off about it - she spent most of the day sleeping - it really shook her up.

Jamie visited and brought me some lovely flowers and a very large tube of oil paint....lol....which I had requested. I wasn't expecting such a big tube and he complained about the price.....lol.

My eldest brother Michael rang while I was getting Mum ready.....had a right go at him......

MIKE...is Mum there?

Me.....am just getting her out of bed - are you coming up?

Mike....no am busy

Me....busy?....too busy to find time to come and visit your Mum on Mothers Day

Mike....I have got people to see.

Me.....What? people more important than your 92 year old mother.....

Mike....just put Mum on

Me....no you can ring back later when you have found time from entertaining the people who are evidently more important than your mother.

And with that I slammed the phone down.......he called back about 10 mins later but I didn't get to the phone quick enough so rang him back for Mum. I came in while she was on the phone to him and brought her some bacon butties - told her not to let them get cold.

Then heard Mike say.....tell her to shut up......so I really lost it then....I grabbed the phone and said to him....you are a disgrace as a son - you cannot find time to come and visit your own Mum on Mothers Day - you should be down here today and on her birthday and at Easter - not just visit her once a year and think that a phone call once a month will cut it. You should be ashamed of yourself - it isn't the flowers and the tears following the coffin down the aisle - its now that counts - you are a disgrace!!!!

Phew!!! - he told Mum that he had workmen coming......well that was a pathetic excuse as he could have left his wife there - wasn't bothered about her coming to visit. I wouldn't mind he lives just the other side of town and he is retired so he can easily find time to come and see her......grrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Ok rant over.....sorry - just had to vent.

Mum is at the hospital tomorrow for her pre op assessment - am going to ask if it's ok for her to have her cataract op next week before the shoulder op - am hoping they say yes as her eyesight is getting really bad - she cannot see at all out of one eye and the other is deteriorating fast too.

I hope everyone is doing ok - better go and get Mum her cuppa before the bank rings......thought I would leave you with this little gem.....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Mar-2013/29499-keep_calm.jpg

LUGGLES

Pat xxxx

CharM
03-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Hi Everyone... I'm between Classes... have been enjoying JJ's thread about alternative flours... I'm running out of time, so will just :wave: All...

WthrLady
03-11-2013, 12:45 PM
(((Pat)))

I just got the weekend fire reports from the forrestry department. I told you it was smokey! Add in the yellow pollen blizzard and WOW, hard on the lungs....

"AFC battled 129 wildfires for total of 3,546 acres."

LynnM
03-11-2013, 12:55 PM
:wave: Good day all! Grey here, but mild, will walk later. Trying to get to my brushes, but laundry and dishes etc keep interfering. I wish I could do as one of my mother's teachers used to ...from 9-12 each day he was in his studio and no one dared interrupt him. My muse doesn't visit on schedule :lol:

Beautiful drawing, Lulu, will be an interesting painting!

Long trips, you have my sympathy! When we went to Greece it was 11 hours in the plane, so my friend and I decided to pay the extra for 1st class. This was in 1998, and (maybe still today) the staff smoked in the kitchen and the ventilation was not up to much. However, it was a huge lounge, with spare space, and we could get up and lie on the floor if we wanted to. It was over the north pole, so interesting viewing out the picture windows. Another good flight was being bumped over to British Airways from an economy line, and sitting beside people who had paid 3x what I had.....I didn't mention that!

Congrats, Henry, that's a beautiful exhibition space. Interesting about the Mackintosh centre there. When I was in Glasgow my cousin took me to the Art school (my mother attended there in the '20s) where Mackintosh taught and to Hill house which was built by her great grandfather Walter Blackie. Wonderful designs!

Good luck with the job, Anita :crossfingers:

:grouphug: for Annie and Geoff and Caryl, hope it doesn't last much longer.

Sylvia, much sympathy from me re taking a toddler on a plane :eek: My very first flight was just 2 hours, from Vancouver to Los Angeles, but Heather wouldn't sit or even stand still, and we sat on the tarmac for 1/2 hour before we even took off....she had finished the treat long before the plane was in the air...I was numb by the time we landed!

All the best to everyone else, hope you all have a rewarding day!

ollieowl
03-11-2013, 12:56 PM
hi lulu
hi Ellen

hi Geoff snow just arriving her and it F F freezing here :cool:

JJ i think your right " Kewpie Doll":clap:

hi Doug : it's the body clock it the brain I lost it years ago :lol:

Oh Thankthee for reminding of Wilkinson framer I had lost there wed address and could not remember them

http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/photo-frames/wilko-easy-frame-black-a4/invt/0242495

Annie :"BTW Peter is eating his evening meal. Those night workers! Where would we be without them?"
lots probable bosses think we all lazy beggar's :D

Tony: Thankyou "Peter, congratulations for the Kewpie doll collection, nice breakfast"
Pat :I know where you coming from

CharM: :heart:

Hi Caryl :Hi Doug :Hi LynnM me think we Xs post :thumbsup:

WthrLady
03-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Rain.... Glorious Rain!

Yorky
03-11-2013, 01:01 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Here's a link to the Wilkinson's frames (http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/photo-frames/wilko-photo-frame-oak-effectsilver-effect-14inx11in/invt/0242218?VBMST=frames) that I use in the 16x20 inch size Peter.

Doug

WthrLady
03-11-2013, 01:02 PM
and with it came the wind shift and The BIG STINK... Oh I could just cry.

Scene Chaser
03-11-2013, 01:06 PM
I did buy up to business once on a flight from Alanta to flint for $40 each. it was hughely worth it.
We were bumped up to business by British Air on our way back from England and that was a very special treat. No cost on our part.
Darla, in business you get all the drinks you want at no extra cost. Hence the tipsyness. :) Always enough time between drinks and plenty of rest before driving.
We stayed at the Hilton at Heathrow, but I was not impressed.
Bill

Europa
03-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Well the bank finally rang......just to make another appt.....doh!!

Re long haul flights.....have been on a few.....S. Africa....China.....USA and Canada.....the worst was the S Africa one.....terrible seat and watching that little plane on the map was so annoying as it never seemed to move....lol

Best ever was when Kev and I flew to Canada....got a great deal on business class - it was a dream....never again will I travel economy......so need a lotto win....lol

Pat xxx

shipbroker
03-11-2013, 03:21 PM
Evening all.

Snowing again

Spent most of day in bed or bath as think my kidney problems are starting again....but rest of me in freefall too.

geoff

Yorky
03-11-2013, 03:22 PM
Hope you are feeling better soon Geoff.

Doug

artmom
03-11-2013, 03:36 PM
Geoff, sounds as if we are in the same leaky canoe!!!! Hugs.

Lyn

Flattwo
03-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Geoff, take it easy, plenty of rest

Lynn, it's really interesting to hear that your grandfather built Hill House. Glasgow art school is a really quirky and interesting place, with loads of fantastic artists graduating from it!

Nancy, I agree a professional framer required for this venue, although I did a good job on the last four paintings, but it's so time consuming

Henry

LynnM
03-11-2013, 04:53 PM
Actually, Henry, he was, I guess, my great, great uncle....my great grandfather was Walter Blackie's nephew. The generations got all mixed up there.

(((Lyn)))

Caryl, I don't think there will be many tears from you when you leave that location! at least, not from sorrow.....

Clara McArthur
03-11-2013, 07:01 PM
HELLO! Wonderful to sign on here and see familiar names! It has been a long winter and we still have snow although the sun is much higher and it is beginning to feel like spring might just be around the corner. Haven't done much painting either...went into a kind of hiatus....Had company over Christmas and had to put all my painting stuff away in closets etc. and never brought them out again until today! Now I am feeling keen again, and hoping to get back at it.

I think your sketch is lovely Lulu, and it would be lovely with or without the fly! I look forward to seeing the painting.

We just had a week visiting Yellowknife in the NWT, flight there is only 1.5 hrs, a piece of cake. Spent more time in the waiting area after going through security. We saw the Aurora Borealis, the Snowking's palace, went on a dog sled ride. Did all the touristy things. Saw lots of original art by local folks.

JudyL
03-11-2013, 08:24 PM
Bill, the reason I was so happy to get a room at the Hilton, was at the Yotel I would have had to share a bed with a 14 year old girl :eek: The Hilton was attached to Heathrow and had twin beds, also a bit bigger :clap: You should try the Yotel sometime!

Went to the kids place to babysit the repair guy, then to the rental for a few touch ups.

Kids will be spending the next two nights, Kevin will be in LA for a few days, and Jen has to take him to the airport. Lauren has to be at school at 7 am the Seniors are going to visit the Community College.