PDA

View Full Version : *****Daily Wash Sunday 10th March 2013*****

ollieowl
03-09-2013, 09:01 PM
hi everyone :thumbsup: 2 all

here thee go Darla started one's again

Annie :"Off for tissues ...." show's thee love him sharing his MAN flu

Doug :that Me" strange breakfast "strange:thumbsup:

Henry CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your style is sooooo different and obviously much appreciated!!!! I must Agree with Uschi:thumbsup:

Caryl :Jj will u post your almond bread recipe? Please? Pretty please?
And very pretty please from Me

now happy time 2 all

1594 yrros gnorw yaw round yesterday too go :thumbsup:

New Gamboge
03-09-2013, 11:56 PM
Hi everyone - those cast iron bread pans look wonderful. I have a heavy duty metal one with a cover for making sandwich loaves - my SIL's father had them made years ago when he had a cafe, and gave me one. My DD makes sourdough rye bread in it, with our own rye (I just ground some more flour using our exercise bike).

I thought I'd attach a couple of photos of me - with my dad and a steelhead he caught:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Mar-2013/122734-steelhead_001.jpghttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Mar-2013/122734-accordian_001.jpg

and me with my accordian (about 14) - TP's not the only one!

laudesan
03-10-2013, 04:01 AM
:wave:

Peter, Caryl and anyone else who would like my almond flour recipes. Look HERE (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19516099#post19516099)

Super photos Betty. :heart:

Later..............

doppler
03-10-2013, 04:31 AM
Good evening All

Peter, I was two in 1959. Still haven't found the spiral hair photos.

Betty, you could play the piano accordion :eek: :thumbsup: And you have long long legs.

JJ :wave:

Doug you were right about manflu. Not nearly so virulent with the double X. I am recovering quite well. Gravelley voiced Roger, non infectious, is going back to work tomorrow due serious cabin fever. Must be another man disease. :lol:

Henry, your niece is a credit to the Robertsons everywhere :thumbsup: I'm not surprised your paintings sold. They are spectacular.

Uschii our little gallery is going quite well. Even I have sold four , maybe five paintings. I don't care. Just want this community to flourish. I'm sorry I missed the new opening but dribbling viruses is not a way of friendship.

Autumn has sprung amongst us. Since 26th January, Australia Day, there has been nothing but rain, mist and showers. After an horrendous hot spell. Summer went missing. No shortage of wood to burn though :) as the cooler seasons descend.

:wave: Roger is cooking something. I shall have to go and check. :lol:

Lulu
03-10-2013, 05:00 AM
Summer went missing.

It came down here to us Annie....I read today that this is the worst drought in history for the North Island and certainly our hottest summer for a very long time. 31C again today.......nuthin' but sun and heat.....getting a bit weary of it to be honest! We are really hanging out for rain. Good preparation for the desert though - 36 sleeps:thumbsup:

I went to see Les Miserables today. So so beautiful.... I just got lost in it. I liked the stage production but enjoyed the movie more I think, except the gory bits were visually rather ...gory! I've never been a fan of Russell Crowe but he played his part really well. Anne Hathaway too. In fact there were so many, I shouldn't even single those ones out.
I stopped myself from crying because I thought that if I started I wouldn't stop....

Henry, hooray for the Robertsons!:thumbsup:

Betty, love the photos! I have a button accordian, actually I have two, my dad's and my own.:) Once, when I was very ill, my dad lent me his accordian to learn to play because I couldn't do much else...so then I bought my own. And then got his bequeathed to me. :) Haven't played for a long time, might do it one day to see what the cats do lol
As children Dad used to sit on the end of the bed and play requests at bedtime. It's the 33rd anniversary of his passing today :heart:

Hi Peter and JJ, also Doug and Geoff have probably visited while I've been typing this.:wave:

Better go and get the little miss from outside, her brother is in and has been fed, she was seen dissapearing under a tree chasing a mouse!

Nite nite :wave:

ollieowl
03-10-2013, 06:12 AM
Good evening All

Peter, I was two in 1959. :lol:
I was 7
It's not a year it s days to go:D:lol::thumbsup::heart:

Betty I also had accordion never manged to play tune but it did like pinching Me so get it up that was when I around 14/15 ish :thumbsup:

Thankthee JJ recipes look great

I just been watching my self a sleep :lol:

http://www.birdwatchingvideo.com/uh-it-is-time-to-wake-up/?fb_action_ids=10151534422552112&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=246965925417366

I thought you may like to see it :D

Yorky
03-10-2013, 07:58 AM
Oh! I visited earlier and forgot to post:rolleyes:

Have another chocolate cake in the oven. I baked one on Thursday and gave it to the friend who mended Ruth's grandfather's wall clock :)

Well, after a dull start it's now nice and sunny and the temperature has crept up to 3C.

Still haven't got back to my painting :rolleyes:

Amazing video of the humming bird Peter.

Greta shots Betty, a fine fish, the accordion looks a difficult thing to master.

Hi Lulu :wave:

Timer has just gone, must go an look at the cake.

PS It's OK. Just got a call from David to say he is coming down for a meal have to defrost another steak.

Doug

CharM
03-10-2013, 08:28 AM
Good morning Washer Buds... It's still a little dark outside, but it looks as though we'll have a cloudy day. Rain's on the way by tomorrow. I don't like DST. At all.

We went to see Oz the Great and Powerful last night. The theatre was packed with families... how nice, eh? Anyway, the flying baboons are nothing short of terrifying... Mila Kunis becomes a fabulous Wicked Witch of the West... The audience applauded at the end of the movie! Fun.

I found a beautiful grey fox (an endangered species in Ontario) that I would like to paint for the March KIUAN... I've written to the photographer and he's granted permission, promising to email a better quality image to me. If he does that today, I'll get it drawn out... if not, I'll have to find something! :)

Of course, it's laundry day. I may bake something. I have two new recipes that I'd like to try, one is for a coconut cake (flourless) and the other is for an orange cake also wheat free that may be similar to Lulu's wonderful orange muffins.

So... Bill... Ted says that he saw your cast iron bread pans at Sears... Your bread looks SO nice... would you mind posting your recipe? I can get several different organic (non GMO) flours here.

Uschi, we saw that W5 programme about the tsunami debris... it's the garbage patch that's the size of Texas floating in the ocean that's incredibly shocking... and the terrible impact on our birds and fish who're eating all that plastic only to starve to death. :(

Lynn, it seems that good ole Murphy (and his Law) have paid you a visit! :eek: Thank goodness you were able to do a little dancing!

Darla, we've been using cast iron for a long time. It's the original non-stick! Sometimes I think that Dr. Oz is just a showman who exaggerates both the good and the bad...

Congratulations on those sales, Henry! I can see why they were quick to go!

Awh, Kay... Fabric art with gentle memories...

Nancy, I know that things could be so much worse... :)

Sorry that you couldn't get out to paint plein air Caryl.

Betty, love your photos! Do you polka? :)

1949 days till retirement, Peter?

Lulu, we get that kind of heat (and more) along with oppressive humidity here in SW Ontario... an air conditioner is a must in order to get through the summer! :lol: Oh cost of our electricity, though...

Annie, congratulations on your Sales! A Gallery's health really is important because it makes local art accessible... a good thing.

I'm going to brew the coffee... the men are sleeping, but Ted should be up soon... Nurse Matt worked late and then moved some things to his new apartment so I don't expect him to roust any time soon.

:wave: our Lurkers and Hawltain. I hope that everyone has the best possible day!

We x-posted, Doug... is chocolate cake on your diet? :p :wink2: :angel:

Yorky
03-10-2013, 08:32 AM
We x-posted, Doug... is chocolate cake on your diet?

We have a small piece every day as a treat Char :angel:

Doug

Uschi
03-10-2013, 09:03 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

Well, we are back into Daylight Saving Time:thumbsup: and the weather is following suit, temperature going up to 10C today:clap: This won't last but lovely for the time being.

I shovelled the snow off the deck yesterday ready for sittting outside today. Yesterday we had a high of 4C and sun, glorious, and the university students were in shorts and Tshirts:lol: :lol: It did feel rather warm:thumbsup:

Taking Ava swimming, apart from that no big plans.

Char, I didn't realize that Matt had already started his moving process (((((for you ))))) Yes, Dr. Os is a showman, those are not his wisdoms, he is just the host for people who want to give their wisdoms. I guess we could call him a TV host:) Nevertheless, things can be learned:)

Annie, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am really glad that the little gallery is doing well!!!

Doug, it'll be nice to have dinner with your son!!

Lulu, yes, you have described our summers and it gets hoter here, now you know why I whine all summer long:lol: :lol:

Betty, lovely photos!! I just love your description of grinding your rye and your very self sufficient way of living!!!!

Peter, thanks for the lovely link!!!!

JJ, thanks for the recipe!!!

Well, I better get the clocks changed before I am late for everything.

:wave: Uschi

WthrLady
03-10-2013, 09:37 AM
Time change...grumble grumble....anacrontistic....ugh...grrrrrrr.

Heading for 80 here today. I'll take it!
(It still smells like the bottom of an ash tray here, but hoping as the winds pick up today from another direction, we'll clear out. Unless west of us is on fire as well.)
:wink2:
The boys got come from their hike around 9pm last night smelling of BEACH!:cool: They had sand in their hiking boots, salt in their hair.....it IS a good thing I didn't go, they would have had to strap me to the hood of the truck to drag me back here.:eek:

I did make it out to the field yesterday. (yesterday's wash)

I work today, but plan to get the final of the field sketch started today.

Mmmmm chocolate cake...... Maybe I'll make chocolate molasses cookies today instead.

JJ - I can have flour. I just have cut way, way back on it. I think they're going to kick me out of the carbivore club, oh well :D I love playing with dough. Now I'll make a big batch of baked goods, take a few bits for us, and share the rest with those that either don't know how to cook/bake, or those that do not bother anymore. As for your bread, I'm thinking nutella on almond flour bread! As soon as I find the flour.... I am not exactly in health food land. I may have to order it.

Good Morning everyone!

Strawberry Wine
03-10-2013, 09:55 AM
Good Day Washers

Overcast at +3 C this morning and is supposed to climb to 10 C but the rain will also arrive.

We had a brilliantly sunny day yesterday with a good amount of snow melt. :thumbsup: No ice on the pond and I saw a touch of green in a pot in the shallow end ledge. I am seeing this through a fog covered (on the inside) vinyl window. The ice huts out on the Lake must be removed by next Friday, March 15th so most people will remove them this weekend. Their is a heavy fine if they remain past that date and fishing for most if not all fish breeds are then closed for the season.

Happy Mother's Day to all our British Moms

I cried when I saw that poor little humming bird. It was not sleeping (no bird sleeps hanging upside down) but had one of his little claws caught. I think he was still breathing so am hoping whomever was operating the camera went over there and rescued him.

I take everything I hear on the Dr Oz show with a grain of salt... Dr Oz is a real thoracic surgeon but some of his guests and most of the health information that is provided is "sketchy" at best.

Bill, I have a stone bread pan like the cast iron ones you showed yesterday that makes a wonderful loaf of bread. I also have a pizza stone which I love.

For those who can't find cast iron or would like stone ware you can purchase them from any Pampered Chef (http://www.pamperedchef.ca/ordering/category_details.tpc?code=FH&id=9&parentCatId=9&parentId=)rep. They are expensive but so worth the investment.

Char, did Matt find an apartment in Chatham and is he sharing it with his gfriend.

One load of laundry left to do. I can hardly wait to start hanging it back out on the line. Not long now.

Time to get it started

Cheers,

Gail

Scene Chaser
03-10-2013, 10:10 AM
Good Day All,
As Uschi, it is warmer on the first day Daylight Savings time, and I intend to enjoy it. Ms. Feral is as she had a long visit with me in the kitchen.

Gail, I love my pizza stone.

Betty, lookin good. Lawrence Welk, eat your heart out.

Char, The Grey fox is a beautiful animal. I've had them in my backyard eating birdseed, since they are omnivorous. They are also the only canine that can climb a tree. They have been seen sleeping in large bird nests.
I will look forward to the painting.

Here's my bread recipe.

Spelt bread recipe
Add all the ingredients in the order listed.
1 1/3 cup water
1 T oil
1 T sugar, honey or agave
1 cup white bread flour
3 cups whole spelt flour
2 t yeast
I use a bread machine to do the mixing and kneading, but take it out for rising. I let it rise in a greased (non-stick sprayed) bowl twice in an oven at about 100 degrees and then transfer it to a cast iron pan to rise a third time.
Egg white or butter
ľ cup sesame seeds.
Brush with egg white or butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Optional, of course.
Bake in a 375 to 400 degree oven for about 35 to 40 minutes. I use a convection oven. I spray a diluted water/vinegar in the oven periodically to keep the humidity up and provide a good crust. When the internal temperature is at least 180 F it should be done. Careful, that cast iron pan is deadly hot. Let it cool ten minutes before easing it out of the pan.
About greasing the pan. A lot of purist think that curing the pan is enough, but it isnít for me, so I spray my pans with non-stick cooking spray. It isnít going to damage your pan and it will save a lot of strife. Iíve also baked Irish Brown Bread in an 8 inch cast iron fry pan using non-stick spray for years and it still works great You could, also, use baking paper but I donít care for it. Wash the pan in soapy water, dry and coat lightly with oil before storing.

It is a firm bread and slices nice and evenly.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Mar-2013/83119-slice_of_bread.JPG

Bill

WthrLady
03-10-2013, 11:27 AM
I forgot the "h" in anachronistic...... I blame the time change.

Brindle
03-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Good morning, folks. I'm glad for the time change...I enjoy it being light until later. We remain without power since Wed's big snowstorm (we got 12") here. I have been feeding trees to the woodstove since then, and pouring gallons of fuel down our generator's throat. That keeps the house warm, internet on, basic lights, and food from spoiling. Unfortunately our generator is not beefy enough to run the pump in our 450' deep well so no water. We have been pulling water out of the pool to heat on the woodstove for bathing but I am really starting to pine for about a 30 minute hot shower! And of course it means no water for toilets or dishwashing but we are making do with buckets of pool water and bottled water as applicable...and are fetching 55 gallon rain barrels of water for our 17 equines from the neighbors who do have power. This pseudo-pioneer lifestyle is getting a little bit tiresome. :P

However, glad to report I had a very fun and successful book signing yesterday at a local fine art/craft center. I donate 10% of my book signing proceeds to local dog shelters; it is nice to help dogs a little bit through my work. The checks are not very big but every little bit helps.

Now aiming to finish taxes so I can go see my accountant tomorrow but I have a feeling that is going to get postponed a few days.

Have a great day everyone! And cross your fingers that we get our power restored today!

LynnM
03-10-2013, 11:49 AM
:wave: Good day all! Bright and warmer here, I'm off to the Plaza for a couple of ingredients for my granola bars.....got everything but the honey yesterday at one bulk food store, now off to the other, I'm lucky to be within walking distance of two. And to get a new toothbrush at the drugstore, exciting day!

Thanks, JJ, your almond flour recipes came just at the right time, finally got the proper flour at the Horn of Plenty, the other store had only ground almonds, which are a bit lumpy to cook with, although the almond meringue cookies I made with it are edible, especially if you haven't had a cookie for 2 months!

Lovely photo Betty, another red head, very interesting!

I'll look forward to seeing the grey fox, Char, didn't know we had them here.

Great that your gallery is doing well, Annie, congratulations on the sales! Good that your manflu turned into the common cold :)

Gorgeous bread Bill, just got some spelt flour so will give it a try.

Congrats on getting your book out, Carole!

I saw your sketch on the blog, Caryl, good start for a larger one. That's quite the rescue you facilitated, they could have been in serious trouble.

Enjoy your deck, Uschi!

Hope you all have a rewarding day! :grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

Strawberry Wine
03-10-2013, 11:59 AM
NIce looking bread Bill. Interested to know why you don't let the dough rise for the first two cycles in the Bread Machine and then shape and rise it by hand for the 3rd rise. I have always done it the above way and wondering what the benefits are of rising out of the bread machine.

Carole, yikes, your power outage has created a ton of work for you. Glad you have a generator Hoping the power comes on soon so you can enjoy a hot shower and get those necessities flushing again.

Huge congratulations on your book publishing and signing. I have just looked at the preview. Love the yellow lab portrait. I am going to see if it is available here in Canada yet.

Cheers,

Gail

Brindle
03-10-2013, 12:16 PM
Meant to say in my previous post...that almond bread looks soooo delicious!

I saw a great little recipe on Paula Deen's cooking show...basically, you mix sausage with biscuit mix and shredded cheddar cheese. Form into balls, place on cookie sheet, press a dimple in the middle of each ball with your thumb and place a sliced tomato there, then bake. It looked so yummy...gonna hafta try that recipe when I can use the stove again.

Fingers super crossed because the neighbor just reported a repair crew at the next house down the road, about a tenth of a mile away!

Thanks for well wishes/congrats re my book. It is turning out to be a wonderfully uplifting experience as an artist It was a lot of work but worthwhile for a lot of reasons even if I never make much money directly from the book. That was not the point of creating it anyway. I did it more as an exercise to produce a body of work and demonstrate my abilities to potential pet portrait clients. But such things seem to take on a life of their own despite our intentions! The book signings are popular and really fun...I usually do a painting demos of dogs' eyes at the top of each hour and talk about the project. As I've discovered, I can talk nonstop for four hours with barely a pause for breath hee hee, even while I'm painting. I really enjoy sharing my process and answering questions from others who are a little behind me in the watercolor journey. And I usually sign and give away the demo sketches to random members of the audience which for some reason just delights them. It's almost too easy to make people happy, I sometimes think.

New Gamboge
03-10-2013, 12:31 PM
Hi again - congratulations Annie and Henry on your sales. Our show has not been so successful. Sandy did an acry**c demo last week - no one was interested and I did a watercolour monotype yesterday - same result.

I haven't played the accordian for years, now have a guitar and piano which I seldom play.

Also, the fish is a salmon, not steelhead - I have other pictures of steelhead we caught. Bing Crosby and Bob Hope used to come to Cowichan Bay to fish, and my dad sometimes took them out. Betty :cat:

PS - we cross-posted Carole - congratulations on your book!

Flattwo
03-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Hi to All

Thanks Betty

Just back from delivering a bunch of flowers and a box of chocolates to my dear old Mother (Mothers day here)

Here is s a photo that another niece took of a painting in Turin, Italy the other day, can you see a face at the top of the picture...eerie!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Mar-2013/3457-598796_10151338081882869_479962729_n1.jpg

Henry

shipbroker
03-10-2013, 01:12 PM
Forgotten again....

geoff

kaypainter
03-10-2013, 01:26 PM
Hey all,

Wow lots going on here. I didn't do much at all yesterday besides spend a ton of money buying cat food for some hungry little mouths. Washed dishes, took a walk, read a murder mystery -- Jo Nesbo. Mankell, Larsson, Nesbo -- all seem to go for detectives with lots addictions and lots of inner turmoil in their personal lives. And really violent crimes.

Henry, Carole, Annie congrats on the sales!!!

JJ here you can get aluminum free baking powder. If it's not available where you are you can make your own (http://frugalliving.about.com/od/condimentsandspices/r/Baking_Powder.htm) really easily.

Okay: For all the accordion players and former players.

This accordion player was playing a gig in San Francisco. He had a long drive back down the peninsula afterward. He realized as he got on the road that he was really tired, so he thought he better stop off for a cup of coffee so he wouldn't fall asleep at the wheel. He found a coffee shop and headed off the freeway, parked and went in. He sat down and ordered a cup. That's when he realized he had left his accordion in the back seat and forgot to lock his car. He raced out, but it was too late. . . . There was already a second accordion in the back seat.

Sorry couldn't resist. :evil:

Uschi I like DST too. Since I tend to walk later in the day I just feel safer walking in daylight. Plus the sunsets are beautiful.

I've been meaning to say to Darla -- if Larry doesn't like raisins you could substitute chopped dates in your rice pudding. If he'll eat them. I've been making oatmeal and cooking the dates in, so I don't have to add brown sugar or honey after. Fortunately they grow dates in SoCal, so I can get a a 2lb (!!!!) tub of deglet noors for $5. They are smaller and not as sweet as the medjools, but also not as expensive. I've also been substituting a hand full of them for chocolate and other desserts. Yes I am trying to take some weight off. :rolleyes:

I hope to have a slightly more productive day today so I'll wish everyone a lovely day and HAWLTAIN.

Kay

NancyR
03-10-2013, 01:51 PM
Good morning. The storms have passed, and we have sunshine. My blueberry bush is getting ready to flower, so that is exciting.

DH's father is supposed to get out of the hospital at 2:00 p.m. He has to cut back on salt and protein to help his kidneys.

Yesterday, we had to travel between storms going to and coming back from the casino. We only hit one bad patch where water was standing on the road, because it is under construction. After losing again, I told DH I will not be going back again for a long time. DH figures in April, we can go to the other casino that is a little bit further away. I'm not sure since I will have to buy a my iPhone in April. I cannot wait, my Droid's case broke where you plug in the charger.

Doug, thanks for the recipe for bread. I will have to buy the ingredients since I stopped baking altogether. I love home-made bread with butter and home-made soup to go with it. I always laugh that I would make a good peasant.

Henry, that photo is eerie with the second face. I'm sure it was just an accident. I read somewhere that only artistic people can see shapes and faces in woodgrain, tiles, clouds. I have always been able to do that.

Lulu, my father played a harmonica. Oh, how I miss it. Especially, when he played Happy Birthday to me.

Char, You will miss Matt and worry, but then you will love the freedom. You have done a wonderful job raising him!

Uschi, I am a Daylight Savings Time person, too. I love it when it stays light longer. With another mild winter, it looks like we will have another hot summer.

Carole, I am so glad that we escaped any snow/ice this winter. I hope your power comes back on quickly.

Well, today I have to file our Income Taxes. I want to get that out of the way since we have to pay this year. It's a bummer, but with the house almost paid off, we don't have very many deductions.

Have a wonderful day. Big hugs to all in need.
Nancy

Brindle
03-10-2013, 02:02 PM
Just a quickie note before I go take a three hour shower (or until the hot water runs out!): POWER IS BACK. OMG, hooray civilization. Hugs to all.

olliewood0702
03-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Late today;

Cleaned house all day yesterday; been relaxing today. Larry will get out at 3pm and is picking Kelsea up from a friends. Kaitlyn just was dropped off here. The girls usually come over and spend their Sundays with us. I guess I'll have to come up with something for dinner.:rolleyes:

I'm emptying my file cabinet of all of last years receipts. A chore I hate...but they must be boxed up and filed away. I'd rather be painting.:confused:

I hope you all are having a great day; it's a gray, mild day here. Rain in forecast but so far it's not raining.

G'DAY!:wave: :heart:

Scene Chaser
03-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Gail, the reason I donít let it rise in the bread machine is I think itís too warm. I like it to rise a little slower, I think it makes a firmer bread.

Lynn, when I started to use spelt flour I didnít realize that it can be white spelt and whole spelt. I soon changed to whole spelt. I get it in 25 lb. bags.

Carole, was that Paula Deanís recipe before she went on her diet? Lol Iím sure your book is beautiful. Glad your power is back.

Henry, whatís the story with the face in the glass?

Kay, lol, the same thing happens with banjos. Sorry , Annie.
Bill

shipbroker
03-10-2013, 02:57 PM
Aluminum cookware is very, very bad..

Quite agree JJ............In Uk it is deemed the worst of the lot........If cast Iron pans were such a bad thing how come the population of much of the civilised world used them for some hundreds of years and survived.......much of my cooking is done in plastic these days...........in ovens. Stainless steel on the hob.........

Started snowing so Claire has left here early after dropping her Mothers Day gifts off (UK that is).......

geoff

Flattwo
03-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Bill, its just a freak shadow on the glass...I think, she was in Turin Cathedral the other day and took the photo

Kay..lol

Sean Connery was hit in the head by a book the other day, he only had his shelf to blame

Henry

Wind Song
03-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Hi Everyone:wave:

Happy Mothers Day to our Mothers in the UK.

Beautiful day here today around 10 degrees celcius and sunny.

We went to the Seddy Sunday at the United Church where a lot of vendors come and sell hierloom and organic seeds! I got a few, Painted Lady heirlooom sweet peas 1737 from Derbyshire, England.
Grandpa Ott's morning glory, deep purple with a red star in it's throat, Bavarian 1870
Mixed old fashion highly scented!
I am going to plant then next week in the basement so they will be ready for spring planting.

For the next few months I am going to be painting with this wonderful lady
http://www.mcloughlinstudios.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=browse&pageid=28&id=41638

I am really excited!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Have a great one!

doppler
03-10-2013, 05:37 PM
Couldn't let that one pass Henry :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bill, ukuleles too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Carole, the joy of electricity! :thumbsup:

Ellen in Ont
03-10-2013, 05:43 PM
:wave: everyone,
The weekend hasn't been going according to plan. I was on call last night and of course got called in. :rolleyes: At least it was overtime and a shorter shift because of the time change.

I'll catch up with last last couple of days of posts tomorrow. Right now I need to do something about supper.

laudesan
03-10-2013, 09:00 PM
JJ - I can have flour. I just have cut way, way back on it. I think they're going to kick me out of the carbivore club, oh well :D I love playing with dough. Now I'll make a big batch of baked goods, take a few bits for us, and share the rest with those that either don't know how to cook/bake, or those that do not bother anymore. As for your bread, I'm thinking nutella on almond flour bread! As soon as I find the flour.... I am not exactly in health food land. I may have to order it.
Make your own almond flour... Buy organic/loose/raw almonds and grind them very finely in your food processor..

Your bread looks very nice Bill.

Lynn, do you have a food processor? You can grind the ground almonds finer..

Carole, big congratulations on your book.

Thanks for the recipe Kay. I gave up eating raisins, because they are so sweet. I substitute with cranberries.

WthrLady
03-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Again... Nuts, other than pecans, are almost as pricey as the flour online.

JudyL
03-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Char, we went to see the Oz movie as well, I liked the prequel, of course there was a missing sister, the one with the red shoes. I heard that Warner B's would not let them do the red shoes in the movie :confused: We had the misfortune to sit right in front of a family, a baby who cried, poor mom had to take her out, and the big sister asked questions non-stop, and she was sitting right behind me, but I enjoyed the movie anyway.
The theater was packed!

laudesan
03-11-2013, 03:16 AM
Again... Nuts, other than pecans, are almost as pricey as the flour online.Caryl, the raw nuts, are half the price at least of the almond flour here. :(