PDA

View Full Version : Is there a problem with WC?

doug105
03-09-2013, 12:28 PM
Right now on the wc gallery forum there are only 70 people logged on....usually it's around 1000 people online when I log on.

And less than 100 people logged on the learning zone, usually 1000+
people logged on there.

Where is everyone??

DougN

WthrLady
03-09-2013, 12:37 PM
I was wondering that as well. Although it IS rather nice out today around MOST of the US.

But WC has been Glitchy this week.

Uschi
03-09-2013, 01:09 PM
Definitely a problem ever since yesterday afternoon. Ever since the last big problem on WC I never log out but it tells me I am logged out and then it won't let me log back in. Then suddenly I am logged back in without doing anything.

Uschi

Uschi
03-09-2013, 01:16 PM
Definitely a propblem. For instance I have just posted here but it won't show.

Ever since yesterday lunchtime WC disconnects my loging and I can't post, then out of the blue, without doing anything I am logged back in.

Just after posting the disappeared post I went over to "the Wash" but there I am NOT logged in whereas here I am:confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

Funnily nobody else has mentioned a problem and there is nothing mentioned on our page in FAcebook either.

I will try and post this, will :clap: :clap: if it actually posts.

Uschi

So now both posts are there:lol: :lol:

FLNH
03-09-2013, 01:17 PM
The numbers are confusing. The numbers that we are seeing now are the magnitude of the numbers that we saw for the past few years. After the next to last severe outage, sometime last summer, the numbers started to be very high. After the more recent outage a few weeks ago, the reduced numbers are more what they "used" to be. Regardless, there is definitely some instability in the system

Uschi
03-09-2013, 01:20 PM
Still can't post in the "WASH". Logged out there and still won't let me in BUT I can read the posts.:rolleyes:
Uschi

Yorky
03-09-2013, 01:35 PM
Strange reports from all over the forums I'm afraid. Things not working as they should. I think the problem is own to browser and Flash updates an Mac users seem more affected than others.

The mass of members shown on the forum were spammers who disappeared when the site was rebooted a couple of weeks ago.

We are fighting a constant battle with spam bots, dozens are trying to register every day. Of late we have been deleting them before they register which is why you don't see much spam on here of late.

Doug

M.L. Schaefer
03-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Doug, I've also noticed the discrepancy! I know there are very many people viewing WetCanvas that aren't Members (yet). But not so many logged on. I know many people are trying to survive the extreme weather.....that may be the reason?

BUT, now I've read the posts above...The WetCanvas jinx hasn't taken old of my computer....So sorry many of you are having problems with logging in again and staying logged in...and POSTING! Whew!

Margarete

Uschi
03-09-2013, 02:10 PM
I think the problem is own to browser and Flash updates an Mac users seem more affected than others.Doug

That could be it Doug, I have updated Flash before yesterday noon (no Mac) but why am I signed in here but not in the Wash???
Uschi

P.S. Managed to get back into the Wash too:rolleyes: :lol:

claude j greengrass
03-09-2013, 03:01 PM
Last week, or maybe the week before, I got logged out. Then I was a Banned IP address for a couple of days, then I managed to log back in.

Occasionally I find that there is a problem with WC loading something near the bottom of each page. If I click on the small downward pointing arrow head before the title of a thread, to go to the postings I haven't yet read, sometimes WC gets hung up and displays the first page of a multi-page thread and the browser indicator just sits there and spins. Cure is to wait for a few seconds, and hit escape to stop the browser loading. It will then go to the first unread thread. I haven't (so far) tracked down what WC is trying to load. I suspect a slow link to a Sponsored-Featured link but can't prove it.