ollieowl
03-07-2013, 09:07 PM
morning every One here and later

Oh I'm the first sorry:D

hope all are well

see thee all Later :heart:

kaypainter
03-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Well Peter at least no blue ears! :wave: I'm off to make dinner for cats and human.

Kay

ollieowl
03-07-2013, 09:39 PM
Hi Kay I've just had break y sausages chip & beans

I not got any photo of me to hand
but here sketch of what I see on my way home last Sunday morning

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Mar-2013/159407-coming_home_002.jpg

nearly hit one bunny :D

P.S just noticed picture is a bit washout compare to sketch
HAWLTAIN :heart: 2 all else

laudesan
03-07-2013, 10:47 PM
:wave: Peter et al..

I wish i was on your road driving into the sunlit day myself Peter.

Depending on the height you could simply build up the floor slab to get a fall and perimeter channel JJ. I did this when I worked as a building surveyor in damp basements in Liverpool.

DougI am not sure what you mean by a slab floor? The floor of the studio, is the concrete pad the house is built on. It runs the whole floor size of the house, the right facing side is the double garage. The front door opens in between the garages and the studio.

Hi JJ... there was a piece on this morning's news that one of our banks is offering mortgage rates as low as 2.79% fixed for five years! :eek: The Finance Reporter said it won't make much difference because the housing market is still too slow to respond... Global eh?Yes, sadly. I bet you had an awesome day!!!

Looking forward to reports from your biking exerperiences.
Me too!!!! If it stops raining long enough to have any. Actually the sun is shining now, but, there are heavy dark clouds in the sky too. Won't be shining or long.

Darla, I have flood insurance, but they don't classify this as flood. It is seepage. That is also covered, but there is a "clause" of course.. :)

Henry, I love that photo of the Scotsman in full regalia. I am reading a Diana Gabaldon novel about the Scots, (Fiery Cross) and it is neat to see that photo.

Shirley, it is frustrating, for sure, especially as it was fixed, so we thought. The problem is, that the water runoff from the top of the hills natural course, is right under my house.

Woot, look at the birthday boy. Gosh Liam is growing tall..

:grouphug: to all those hurting. :grouphug:

The rain is back. sigh..

shipbroker
03-07-2013, 11:35 PM
Hurray a good start without me!

Back later

groff

shipbroker
03-08-2013, 01:27 AM
Well it is me again....2 hours later! Yes I managed a bit more sleep so not a bad one at all.

Checked my emails and saddend to find one of our caravan friends died suddenly she was only about 60 and had only been ill for 2 months. she and her husband had just retired.......

I am off to hospital later for scans, kidneys this time.....it's awful getting old isn't it?

geoff

JudyL
03-08-2013, 01:43 AM
Well, it's been a busy day, after the kids left, I had to do some laundry and make few beds. Then to the market to restock, ice cream among the top two:smug:
Spencers "group" turned out to be two very nice girls, very quiet. Nice change from boys :rolleyes:
This did affect my dinner plans, so clam chowder and a pulled beef sandwich ( I had no bread but had ice cream later :o )
Tomorrow the kids are taking the bus home, it's due to the aunt's birthday, they don't want to travel with a freshly made cake. That's ok by me, means a bit of quiet, good since I have an appointment to have my hair done.

Any suggestions on what to teach a total novice how to start watercolor?

BBL, it's late here.

doppler
03-08-2013, 02:07 AM
Good evening all.

Judy my teacher here started with the difference between dry brushing and wet into wet to show how watercolours respond. We had to draw and paint grape leaves. Dry and wet into wet. She reminded us all that too much water makes cauliflowers. Next lesson was the graduated wash and a misty mountain scene. graduate the sky, let it dry. Paint in the distant mountains graduating the wash down, let it dry then repeat.

just a thought.

Hi Peter, Geoff the stalwart and too late up Kay.

JJ I think there is a fundamental error in your house's engineering/plumbing:eek:

Well, on International Women's Day :lol: I went to work and made an empowered decision driving home. I am not going to do the shopping today.
:thumbsup: Such a small victory but OK because Roger had gone to the dump yesterday and we will do the providoring tomorrow together, which means slow and expensive :rolleyes: and chocolate and ice cream.

As another icon to the great day, we mowed the house lawns. I mowed, he collected clippies. The slopes are too skiddy for the mower at the moment. He is still suffering the Ebola, not common, cold. Like a truck with tin cans on it going up a corrugated dirt road. I'm no nurse Bill :evil:

Best of all he has shared with me

Can you wait to see what horrible disease I have? Just a common cold requiring tissues, I think.

Unless...... ?

Yorky
03-08-2013, 02:37 AM
Good morning all. Up an hour early as we have a funeral in Southport at 9.20am. An old Probus member an accountant who had dementure.

Dull here but thankfully still warm at 6C.

No sign of the sun here Peter, nice sketch.

Hi Geoff, hi Judy :wave:

Hope you don't get the lurgi too Annie, though I think women are more resistant :lol:

Doug

Lulu
03-08-2013, 02:47 AM
Hi everyone:wave:
Yet another warm sunny day, got to 30C.

Doug, we keep thinking 'this time last year' we were preparing for your visit.......how could a year have gone by so quickly?? ! What wonderful memories.:heart: The landscape is definitely different to what you saw last year, everything was green then, now it's brown or even straw-coloured.
Our condolences on the loss of your friend.
Likewise, Geoff.

Geoff, as the saying goes, old age is not for sissies... when I get old I might think that too lol

Have had a lovely day, pottering at home, reading in the sun, gym, took my latest painting (portrait) to be framed, and then home to more reading and to work on my current drawing (which is prep. for the next painting).

Annie, should your dear husband share his lurgy with you, and heaven forbid that you should feel worse than he does! :eek:, there is a good sore throat remedy (sore throat remedy) here.

Have a good weekend everyone:wave:

Yorky
03-08-2013, 02:50 AM
Doug, we keep thinking 'this time last year' we were preparing for your visit.......how could a year have gone by so quickly?? ! What wonderful memories.
Same here Lulu, a holiday of a lifetime, so far but so beautiful, such wonderful hosts. :heart:

Doug

doppler
03-08-2013, 03:00 AM
Vinegar and chillies Lulu??? No no NO ...Oh :lol: Ill just use the age old remedy. Sharing and complaining. Not even sure if its here yet fully. Roer will go to work next week anyway and complaining to one self is useless. I don't listen.

Lulu
03-08-2013, 03:00 AM
Same here Lulu, a holiday of a lifetime, so far but so beautiful, such wonderful hosts. :heart:

Doug

Bless :heart:

Annie :lol:

Island Nipper
03-08-2013, 06:09 AM
Good morning everyone. grey misty day here, 9 deg, WNW 3 knots, sea calm.

a couple of photos, they always struggle when I try to hold them.
Harry Oliver, my grandson, 3 weeks old.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Mar-2013/1168813-new24830.JPG

Harry aged 6 months with my son Jason.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Mar-2013/1168813-new21622.jpg

Don't they grow! No pics of Caspar yet, I am told Mum and Dad are too busy feeding him.

:) :) Happy international womens day. Two ladies read the news on tele this morning, that was the BBC's gesture to the day.:) I wish the ladies team would take over from our mens cricket team.

Off to finish the painting, I am really tired of it now.

Bye all.

Flattwo
03-08-2013, 06:40 AM
Hi to All

Nipper, nice to meet you and your family

Spent most of yesterday framing 4 paintings, what a pain, next time I'm getting a framer to do the job! got to deliver them late afternoon or early evening

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Mar-2013/3457-482788_586338311377693_1472750143_n1.jpg

Speak later

Henry

Strawberry Wine
03-08-2013, 07:02 AM
Morning Washers ! A skiff of snow overnight and the branches are once again covered with blanket of white. Always a pretty site to wake up to. We are seeing more and more of the gravel driveway as the snow that is on the ground is slowly melting. Hurry Up Spring !

Uschi, Liam has not had curls for several years now but Devin still does. Not sure how tall Liam is but his head comes up to just under my collar bone but I am only 5' 2". Mark is 6 ' and Sarah and her parents are quite tall so hopefully he has their genes and not mine in the height department.

Here is a pic of both boys from the other day. It's a bit grainy because I turned the flash off of Auto and forgot to turn it back on again for this shot

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Mar-2013/13320-liam_and_Devin.jpg

Nipper Geoff, nice photo of you with Harry and yes 6 months makes a huge difference.

Annie, take zinc for your common non ebola cold It is the new
C/ echineacea remedy that they are now saying is the only proven vitimin/mineral that will boost the immune system and reduce the symptoms or prevent a cold . Worth a try

JJ, sounds like a sump pump and weepers are your only solution to your seepage problem and most likely the cheapest. How old is your house ? I am sure that in todays building code sump pumps are mandatory.

Condolences to Doug and Geoff on the passing of your friends and that once again you will be attending a funeral service.

Peter, lovely morning sketch !

I have dough in the machine and will make some sticky cinnamon buns this morning.

:wave: to all

Cheers,

Gail

shipbroker
03-08-2013, 07:08 AM
Afternoon (just).........

Scans done in record time...they had instructions to do my chest as well which was a bit of a surprise as there hasn't been any problems there....

Nipper....nice to meet the family.

Sun has not appeared but some light rain has...

Off in caravan in a couple of hours..

geoff

Scene Chaser
03-08-2013, 07:52 AM
Good Day All,
Just as the sun is rising earlier we will go on daylight savings time and return to dark mornings. People will have more time to shop on the way home from work but less time to drink in bars and pubs.

Geoff, have a good trip. Hope all the scans are good news.

Doug, my condolences on the loss of your friend.

Nipper, looking good. :thumbsup:

Gail, good looking boys.

Must replenish the bird feeder.
Bill

laudesan
03-08-2013, 08:34 AM
Thank you Doug.

Nipper so lovely to see your photos. :heart:

Gail the house was built in 1972

Hugs to those who would like them

nite-nite from me :wave:

olliewood0702
03-08-2013, 08:40 AM
Happy FRIDAYYYYY!!!:clap:

It's a gloriously sunny morning but COLD. The weekend is going to be sunny and mild...or so they say. Like Gail said HURRY UP SPRING!

Geoff, I hope your scans come back normal, so sorry you have to attend a funeral once again. Have fun caravanning!

Doug, another funeral for you too? I know how much you enjoyed your trip to LuLu and JOhn's. I remember the beautiful pics too.

LuLu, one year already? How time flies.

(((ANNIE))) I hope your cold doesn't last too long.

Judy, don't teenagers eat a LOT of food??? The girls will eat me out of house and home...I need to visit the market again this weekend too.

Geoff(Nipper), what wonderful pics; love the one of you holding little Harry. And my how he's grown in the second pic. Babies change so fast as they grow like little weeds.

Gail, the boys have such beautiful blonde hair. Yes Liam is tall. Adorable grands.

JJ, thinking of you with your water problem and hoping the rain will let up and things will dry out. I think our house was built in 1972 also.

Bill, those birds eat like crazy. I do love feeding them and watching them though. We use suet and black sunflower seeds.

Larry told me last night that he might work this weekend even though it's his weekend off. He said it'll probably be easy money as they won't be running too many "runs" and so there will be less die changes. He said we can use the extra money for our upcoming trip. I told him it was up to him.

I have to clean house tomorrow morning and then hope to get some painting in; plus get groceries.

I hope you all have a great day no matter what you chose to do.

G'DAY!:wave: :grouphug:

Uschi
03-08-2013, 08:50 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!

We are on the up and up - daytime temperatures are starting to stay above freezing:clap:

:heart: Playing table tennis this afternoon. I had taped the last episode of Downton Abbey and watched it last night - showing beutiful scenery of Scotland and what an ending:eek:

Nipper Geoff, so nice to see photos of you and your family!! Harry sure is a cutie!!!

Geoff :crossfingers:

Bill,:music: tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow:music: I have been waiting for daylight saving time to come back:heart: I know some of you hate it, especially Char:)

Henry, I am with you about framing being a pain in the butt:)

Gail, won't be long for little Devon to look just like Liam and the lovely blond curls will just be a memory:)

Annie, oh no, you caught it????:eek:

JJ, hard to believe that Annie had to buy water not too long ago.

Peter, nice sketch!!

Doug, Lulu, Judy :wave: to you and also to all yet to come and :grouphug: to those of you not feeling well!!!

Uschi

painterbear
03-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Good Morning all,
It is almost 9:15 a.m. on a gloriously sunny day with bright blue skies outside. Snow is melting because temps are up above the freezing mark. :thumbsup:

Just posted the new KIUAN Exercise for March. If you like painting wild animals, this will be a treat for you. Margarete (M.L. Schaefer) will be the leader on our adventure. She is the one who suggested the theme and it is a good one that we haven't ever done before. :D Check the announcement thread here in Palette Talk or at the top of the Learning Zone.

Ahhh, Annie, darn you caught the dreaded man cold/Ebola virus. Read something the other day about taking zinc tablets at the first sign of a cold/EB and it will either stop it from coming or lessen its stay. ;)

Gail, Liam is really growing UP for sure in all ways. Looks like he is going to take after his Dad's height. Devlin sure looks a lot like his older brother, eh. ;) MY GS Quinn has curly hair and it has eased up a little as he reaches his teens, but it isn't gone completely. Of course if he got it cut short like Liam's is, it might be straighter. ;)

Judy, Check out this section in the Watercolor Handbook for ideas on teaching someone to paint with watercolors:

**Teaching Methods**
Advice for Taking on Students (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527943)
Future Artist? Teaching Children About Mixing Colors (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8175060) by grainne
Teaching Children to Paint with Watercolors (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=540542)
Teaching Children's Classes (http://wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1305788)
Teaching Watercolor Basics to a (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=522202)Beginners' Class (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=522202)

Nipper, Nice to see YOU and your GS Harry and son Jason this morning. A handsome trio!

Bill, I don't feed the birds because when I tried, the dang rats with fuzzy tails kept knocking the feeder askew and dumping all the seed on the ground. Grrrrr! Guess what we see way out the back of our property now...a big, fat groundhog! We think he lives under one neighbor's stacks of wood (they heat their house with a wood burning stove so have lots and lots of stacked wood) or under a storage shed the other neighbor just build that is raised above the ground by a half a foot or so. As long as he stays back there, I have no problem with him. ;)

:wave: to waterlogged JJ, Geoff :crossfingers: on your scans, Darla, Ollie, Henry, Lulu, Uschi, and all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

LynnM
03-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Good day all! just a quick visit, shopping day today and I have 5 minutes to get my shoes and coat on! BBL

Scene Chaser
03-08-2013, 09:51 AM
Sylvia, Woodchucks (groundhogs) usually have about ten different underground dwellings. He really should be removed as he will undermine any structure under which he can burrow. I'm glad he's not bothering you.

The temperature is up to 39 F in the sun here.

I was able to open the door for a while to allow Ms. Feral to come in for a visit. She stayed for a good pet and to drink the milk left over from my cereal.

Turkeys have been scratching around under my bird feeder. When they leave I can then add some seed to the feeders. The toms have separated from the hens now and are good buddies, but in another month they will be fighting each other viciously for the rights to breed. They are a lot like humans.

Bill

Uschi
03-08-2013, 10:41 AM
Sylvia, :eek: :eek: once there are lovely greens to eat in your garden, you can keep bunnies out of your enclosure, you can keep squirrels out, you can keep birds out but NEVER a ground hog. Once your veggies are in and you see him/her anywhere near your garden - TRAP him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully before there are any babies:eek: :eek::evil: :lol: Only solution!! Nothing, and I mean NOTHING else works.

Bill, Ms. Feral must be wondering why suddenly the door is left open. Good for both of you!!!

:wave: Uschi

Europa
03-08-2013, 11:00 AM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!!

Forgot to say yesterday about how much Liam has grown - glad he had a nice birthday.

Condolences to Geoff and Doug on the loss of their friends. :heart:

Well the electrician arrived about 8.10am this morning - he looked about 12 years old....lol. I gave him a cuppa and a bacon butty and again he was a real grafter - got the job done in just over an hour and cleaned up before he left.

Am now trying to keep awake....lol....have had 8 hours sleep over the last two days and people who know me know I love my sleep....lol.

Our John returned the hackney plate to his ex friend today - he rang him beforehand to tell him he was dropping it off - when he got there the guy took the plate then got on the phone and said.....'You can come and get the plate now'. Our John asked him if he had sold it he said no he was renting it to someone with a view to them buying it. So he evidently had someone lined up all along even when we were renting it.

We will see how smug he is when he gets the recorded letter telling him he owes us over 3000 and has to pay within 10 days.

Need to go and ring the *^*%*^& bank again re our overdraft - have been waiting for over 3 weeks for someone to get back to me as the overdraft is up for review on 23rd this month.......grrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Waving to everyone :wave:

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

CharM
03-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Good evening Washer Buds... It's been a beautiful weather day here in SW Ontario... and a busy one.

Yesterday's shopping trip was a lot of fun. I bought a little more paper on sale, some drawing kits and journals for my Granddaughters and a new brush. We had lunch at The Two Bag Ladies... what a wonderful little "hole in the wall" place... Lots of 50's style tables and chairs, memorabilia on the walls and great food! I had a winter root vegetable soup and a salad...

I had an early appointment with my Rheumatologist this morning. She basically told me that while all my Dr.'s and their tests suggest that my issues really are the result of my surgeries, there's nothing that can be done. I'd come to that conclusion on my own. She wants me to continue to schedule visits a couple times a year because my arthritis will never get better.

It's all good...

My Cousin and his Wife were supposed to visit us today, so I hurried home to tidy the house and get some treats made... yummy flourless oatmeal cookies... while I was waiting for them, I finished my tricycle painting... they never did arrive and my Cousin's wife called this evening to say that they would drop by tomorrow...

Our furnace repair man came to perform regular maintenance and all is ok. He checked the air conditioner while he was here so that when it gets incredibly hot here in June, we'll be nice and cool.

:wave: All... nice chatty Wash today...

Nipper... Awh... What a handsome family!

Gail, I can't get over how tall Liam is getting! And Devin's such a cutie...

((Pat))

I'm going to get comfortable and watch a little tv, I think... Have a great evening/morning everyone! :grouphug:

Uschi
03-08-2013, 08:09 PM
It is just past eight p.m. and I checked in here an hour ago and Pat was still the last post and it would not let me post but it is now:confused:

So, something must have been going on.

I really don't have anything exciting to say, just wanted to find out if YOU had anything exciting to say and Pat and Char, both of you did.

Anyway, I am so glad things seem to be back to normal:clap: :clap:

:wave: Uschi