PDA

View Full Version : Difficulties

Irishman
03-07-2013, 05:44 PM
Am I the only one unable to get the "Contents Area" to drop down and the "Search Forum" to work?

painterbear
03-07-2013, 05:56 PM
Short answer, Larry....no! there are so many problem areas affecting WC, it is hard to enumerate them. :o

Sylvia

Bevahlee
03-07-2013, 06:03 PM
and I guess "structured critiques" is a lost cause

Yorky
03-07-2013, 06:19 PM
It depends on your computer and browser. You may find that different browsers Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Safari all give different results.

I find that in Chrome for example you have to go to Home to get the Content etc menus to function properly.

I think the cause is the gradual change in Browser standards over the years which do not operate with the ancient forum software that the site is based upon.

Doug

M.L. Schaefer
03-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Hey, Larry, have you tried to Left Click, then hit Open, then go from there. It works for me.....the Right Click is kaput for many of us. It works well for the Search This Forum and for Thread Tools, etc.

One gets used to it, except for the PM section (although I haven't tried typing a partial name and then hitting Left Click to see if there are any selections available!) Will try that now.

By the way, to stop frustration and keep aggravation to a minimum :evil: I think of it as "keeping my mind sharp and alert" by doing something different and new!:thumbsup:

:heart: Margarete

P.S. No luck in the New Message segment!

What does work is going to the Members List, using Left Click on the "Search for a Member" and typing in part of the name. Then one gets a selection of Members and you can choose which Member you wish to PM (in case one forgets the exact spelling, etc., of a watercolor friend)!

M.

Lulu
03-08-2013, 03:57 AM
The Contents Area works for me (on IE) but not the search.

Margarete, when I am logged out and click on the username the pm option comes up, when I'm logged in it doesn't!
However, I left click on the user avatar which takes me to their profile page, then I use the pm function there. Doesn't take long, as you say you just have to think differently.

Irishman
03-08-2013, 06:35 AM
Thanks everybody.I was wondering because a fortnight ago I was locked out for best part of a week because my IP addess was barred.

painterbear
03-08-2013, 06:57 AM
Larry,
Everyone was getting that same message about their IP address being barred while the techies at F & W were trying to fix some of the problems here. Check Sara's message at the very top of the forum about it. ;)

Sylvia

Irishman
03-09-2013, 02:58 AM
At the top of what forum Sylvia?