PDA

View Full Version : WIP Nearly Finished: Samantha Fish

Adam Huffer
03-06-2013, 09:43 PM
So i'm anxiously waiting the day til i finish this which will more than likely be tomorrow. I just got some more detail work to do on the face and dress. Got a question tho:
-I was wondering if yall like the color scheme i used for the background. At first i was gonna go monochromatic with red but feared the bright reds would detract from the subject. do the colors seem to fit well enough and not take away from the very talented Samantha Fish?(if you don't know her look her up...shes only my age but is already touring around the world)

Pat Isaac
03-07-2013, 05:38 PM
Great work and I do like the background colors. I'd be careful of the right side of her mouth (our left) as it looks a little wide.

Pat

RainySea
03-07-2013, 09:33 PM
I like the background. . . nice work on the hair, too!

Flycatcher10
03-07-2013, 10:41 PM
Great piece of art Adam! Her hair definitely "rocks" (pretty good, right?) - very good with the curls and highlights and colors. Nice work on her dress, and her right arm is really well done with correct tones and shadows. And finally here is what attracted me to your painting, you can feel her emotion through the painting and comes with great body form and expression!

What are you using for making her skin so smooth?

Adam Huffer
03-08-2013, 01:40 AM
appreciate the feedback yall!! i corrected the mouth brought our left side in a lil bit... i knew somethin looked off, now it looks nice. especially like those flattering comments about the hair cuz i worked FOREVER on that! glad you felt the emotion..if not i would consider this piece a failure lol.

I just used a base skin tone called pale brown and put salmon pink on top of that (pentels...can't afford the good stuff yet;/) it isn't nearly as smooth as it appears in this picture..the lighting somehow makes it look even better than it is.