PDA

View Full Version : ***Daily Wash Sunday March 3 2013***

Lulu
03-02-2013, 11:06 PM
:clear: Where are you Geoff??:clear:

Trying to keep cool here, it is 30C at 5.15 pm.
Have got a salmon quiche in the oven - we will soon go down to the lake for a picnic tea.

What a fun Wash yesterday! LOVED all the photos!
JJ, you have lonnnnnnnnnngggggg legs!:D
Meant to congratulate Elise too, wonderful that she is showing good leadership.

Have been close-up photographing houseflies.....all part of the preparation for my new painting - the things you do lol

44 sleeps left Uschi :thumbsup: Am wondering how we will cope with the heat, won't be able to wear limited clothing (or less!) when we are too hot!
Everything will be air-conditioned I know but.....

JudyL
03-02-2013, 11:23 PM
Just posting part of what I posted in Saturdays Wash,

Doug, (I may copy this to tomorrows Wash) Jack had an Ariel 500 cc 1 lung when we were in the Azores the first time. He LOVED it but it was huge. He was playing around at the site and managed to slide it right under the Exec's car, (gravel) and didn't do any harm to either car or beast, he got scraped up a bit, (serves him right for fooling around.

olliewood0702
03-03-2013, 12:01 AM
Hello all,

I never made it to the wash yesterday. Actually there is still 7 minutes left in my Saturday. I sure did enjoy all the pics in the wash.

I hunted for some to show and I couldn't find those that I wanted to post. Here is one of me in pre-school and grade 5. Sorry it's so small and hard to see; it's a pic of a pic; should have scanned it.:rolleyes:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Mar-2013/20956-Dar_preschool_and_Grade_5_164x120_2.jpg

And here is one of Larry and I as Freshmen in high school. I took this pic with a homemade camera that I made in my art class.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Mar-2013/20956-Woody_and_I_in_grade_9_180x504.jpg

And this is my senior picture (17 yrs old)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Mar-2013/20956-Dars_senior_pic_124x166.jpg

I babysat Klaira today (Saturday); Jen had to work and Matt is back to work now and was working out of town. She was very good. I have to watch her tomorrow( SUNDAY) too.I guess it's now Sunday here too.

I am not getting much done; no house cleaning or painting...maybe tomorrow if Klaira doesn't monopolize all my time.

WHOOHOO LuLU, 44 sleeps! I haven't counted how many sleeps for us; I will have to do that...probably around 80 though.

I hope you all have a WONDERFUL SUNDAY!:wave: :heart:

gardenart
03-03-2013, 12:15 AM
Hi all, I,ve been informed Ihadn't posted in awhile so here I am. I have been really busy lately. My Mom got really sick and I was sure we were going to lose her. Just goes to show what prescription medicines can do. She is off all of them and is doing great now. She will be 84 on Monday. We don't leave her alone so I am going down there a lot.

My best friend and I have opened a booth in an Antique/Flea market Mall..It is much like Anitia had in Ohio. We are both collectors so we have enough stuff to fill the booth and still going through stuff at home. It'sfun but i have overdone and got hurting badly but feelbetter now. Keep your:crossfingers: :crossfingers: that we do well.

Uschi and Pat, sorry I am late in wishing you happy birthdays. You are two great ladies.

Gail, I am so glad you are doing well after your surgery. ANd just in time to take Pearl to the doggie park.

JJ, Congrats to Elise, she is such an outstanding child. Wish I had a grand child or two.

Doug, I wanted to tell you about a dream I had the other night. I was on a trip with you and Ruth. We were at a river called the Swiss River,(no such thing that I could find). We were trying to see who could say it the most times before getting tongue tied. THen we started talking about going to eat and I looked out and there were little eateries everywhere. That is all I remember but it was a lovely little river and village. I think I need a vacation and you and Ruth seem such good guides and I know what you loook like so I must have thought of you in my sleep. Strange isn't it.?

That's is about all the typing my hands will do at one time so I will just :wave: :wave: to everyone else. Lovely pictures of everyone today. I might have to scan some of my olderones when I was young and cute.

Have a good day everyoneand know I think of you daily and follow your escapades in the wash.
SUe

Lulu
03-03-2013, 02:27 AM
Hi Judy.
Lovely pics Darla! Gorgeous girl you!

Hi Sue, nice to see you here again.

Have just come home from our picnic, this was the view tonight overlooking the lake and mountain.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Mar-2013/1118-IMG_1679aa.jpg

shipbroker
03-03-2013, 03:33 AM
Another good start to the wash day with great photos.

Lulu I could of started about same time as you but didn't dare so resumed what turned out to be a decent sleep!

geoff

Yorky
03-03-2013, 03:37 AM
Ah Lulu, you live in such a beautiful place :envy:

Good morning all, dull and dreary here but at least it isn't freezing - 3C.

I really enjoyed seeing all the old photos yesterday, nice to remember what we were like when we were young.

Hi Sue, good to see you. I love planning holidays and searching for places to see. I had a dream last night where I was at a reception and went to the bar and suddenly I couldn't see. I tried and tried to open my eyes but I could only get glimpses of my surroundings. I awoke with relief that I could see and started thinking how would I cope, how would I get money from the hole in the wall etc :lol:

Hi Darla, lovely long hair you had. How many sleeps? :wink2:

Well, we managed the plaster repair and will replace the wall paper today.

Doug

doppler
03-03-2013, 04:21 AM
Good evening. A long weary day which I shall describe more fully tomorrow when I am coherent. A WONDERFUL wedding and so much fun seeing all the family. There are some photos I can share, but not the one of the niece took of me in my skirt. It was VERY WINDY :lol:

I'll chase up some old shots too.

Just loved the memory lane :thumbsup:

night night :wave:

laudesan
03-03-2013, 06:01 AM
:wave:

Annie, I saw your art gallery on TV tonight. Mount Nebo Was on The Great South East show..

Later.... :)

Scene Chaser
03-03-2013, 06:18 AM
Good Day All,
Cold here and dark.

:
JJ, you have lonnnnnnnnnngggggg legs!:D

I noticed that too.:thumbsup:

Lulu, Lovely view you have. Nice photo.

Darla, nice pics. Great that you and Larry were childhood sweethearts.

Hi Sue. Glad your mother is doing better. Pharmaceuticals can be very dangerous.

Geoff, glad you slept well. Must be all the activity.

Doug, a terrible dream.

I have a reoccurring dream that I am back in the classroom and that I shouldn't be there. I am always able to greet my students and then sneak out of the school.

Annie, wind is good. :wink2: Glad you had a good time.

Keep the old pics coming. We are a family you know.
Bill

Uschi
03-03-2013, 08:56 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!

-8C and gray in gray with no sun predicted.

I am going to see if my scrabble buddies want to come out and play:) Oh, and I HAVE to do laundry.

LOVED all the photos.

I noticed how petite each and every one of you was when young. I was exactly the opposite, plump until my first child and then the baby fat fell off.

Lulu, I feel for you, also wouldn't know how to deal with the heat. Time sure is getting shorter quickly. Flies, what kind of project is that:D

Annie, good to have you back and glad you had such a good time!!

Bill, you really miss your kids, I can tell.

Doug, I can imagine how glad you were to wake up.

Hi Sue!!

Darla, a homemade camera, I am impressed with your skill and the photo, so cute:) You will catch up on your nana kisses this weekend.

:wave: to Geoff and Judy!! :grouphug: to all not well!!

Uschi

LynnM
03-03-2013, 09:46 AM
:wave: Good day! What a great photo gallery we have here! So interesting to see everyone!

Hi WW, welcome to the wash!

Such a sweet photo of you and Larry, Darla, you have been together a long time, and I'm impressed that you made the camera :thumbsup: . My best friend at high school is the same, they met in grade 11 in 1956 and have been together ever since! Very romantic :)

A bit grey out there, just waiting for my daughter to come to help me finish packaging up the humidifier and take me to the post office. I hope they will take the package, I made the box out of a larger one, and it is a bit....creative, you might say!

OK, here I am in costume, but it doesn't really do it justice, I think he was holding the camera too far down..... And the ringlets, well, you do what you can :rolleyes: Now if I can post this, surely Annie, you can post yours :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Mar-2013/97813-me-in-costume-at-opening.jpg

The opening was about the pin hole camera photos of sites of the War of 1812, and so I wore that costume to show how fashion of the day adopted influences from the soldier's uniforms....the frogging on the jacket, and the tall hat, derived from the military shako hats. But ladies wore the hat tipped back, to frame their faces.

Glad you had a good time, Annie, family parties are the best....

Interesting dream, Sue! Good luck with your shop, sounds like fun if tiring.

Well, Uschi, I was certainly not petite either....5'7" in grade 7 and taller than most of the boys, and not skinny either.

I am sure you do miss your students, Bill, I miss mine, too.....my favourite job was as a student adviser at my University, but I don't miss the administrative side of things......

My recurring dream is being on the railroad tracks (we used to take the short cut despite warnings) and the train is coming behind me and I can't crawl fast enough :eek: Haven't had it since I stopped working :D

Such a beautiful view, Lulu, sounds like you never take it for granted, either.

Greetings to everyone else, and all to come, have a rewarding day!
:grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

Strawberry Wine
03-03-2013, 09:50 AM
Good Day Washers !

A warming trend is supposed to be on its way as of tomorrow :thumbsup:

Loved all the photos in yesterdays wash !!!! Darla, glad you added yours today... Here are three of me. Hoping there will be more posted as the day goes on.

RNA Graduation 1969

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Mar-2013/13320-Gail__Nursing_Grad_photo__smaller.jpg

Spiral Perm and Red Hair :rolleyes:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Mar-2013/13320-Gail_long_hair_1990_smaller.jpg

Our Honeymoon at "Windermere House" in Muskoka - 1995

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Mar-2013/13320-Gail_and_Dan_Honeymoon_smalller.jpg

Sue, thanks, Dan does all the driving, handling the dog and the throwing of the ball and I do the watching. :) I should be able to drive around town in a few more days. Glad your Mom is recovering

Lulu, what a lovely spot for a picnic... How far is it from your home?

Char, one of my little bougey cuttings did that. No leaves but 5 big blooms at the end of a 4 inch stalk. Cut off any remaining flowers and bring it back into a sunny location.

Does anyone know when to plant canna lily bulbs. Mine have been wintering over in peat moss in a cool location. I just checked them this morning and they all seem to be in good shape.

Dan has brought the Laundry downstairs so I will assist him to get it started.

BBL

Cheers,

Gail

CharM
03-03-2013, 10:51 AM
Good morning! The sun is shining through the light snow drifting through the cold air... It's kind of magical.

Ted got up with the kitty alarms (making me think of poor Kay) and left me to stretch out alone in our big bed with the windows wide open and a beautiful fresh breeze chilling the room... I found a comfortable spot where none of my arthritic joints hurt me and slept for another blessed 1.5 hours!

I have no commitments for the day, so hope to paint awhile. I have a tricycle drawn out and I'm anxious to begin working on it.

I love all the photos that everyone has shared. Such fun... and we can sure tell those of us who grew up in the 60's! The hair! Oh... and Kay, I loved your spiral perm... JJ, I think that Elise looks very much like you!

Lynn, I love your costume... and your hair! Your dream is pretty scary!

Lulu, I love the magnificent colour that our bugs have... I can't wait to see what you're doing with the houseflies! (that sounded kind of creepy! :lol: )

:lol: Judy... such sympathy.

Darla, a homemade camera no less!!!

It's good to see you Sue. :crossfingers: that your Antiques booth does well! Don't be a stranger.

:clap: for good sleep, Geoff!

Doug, I peeked at this month's Challenge and may give it a try. What a scary dream!

Welcome home Annie.

((Bill)) You must certainly miss your Students...

What a beautiful Graduation photo, Gail!!! About that red hair... :p For your lilies, wait till all danger of frost is past... they're tender bulbs.

Uschi, I'm sure you'll have fun playing scrabble... you never did share your poppy paintings... I'd love to see them... :)

Well, I hope that everyone's enjoying the best possible day... :wave: to our Lurking Lyn and all those who're just driving by... :grouphug:

Strawberry Wine
03-03-2013, 11:24 AM
OOPS

Meant planting the Calla bulbs in pots for inside for now. Don't think that they will have enough time to grow to bloom stage if planted directly into the soil outside in May in our Zone.

Anyone ???

Cheers,

Gail

Wind Song
03-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Hi Everyone:wave:

Fabulous photos of everyone!

What a beautiful group of people!

Here is a pic of me at 16
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Mar-2013/54618-Sharon_at_16_Yrs.jpg

Have a great one!

shipbroker
03-03-2013, 11:37 AM
Annie...is this how your house is?????????

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Mar-2013/84585-dinnercat.jpg

geoff

WthrLady
03-03-2013, 11:48 AM
GOOD MORNING ALL !!!!!

Thank you for crossing your fingers :D Don't know if it actually helped, but it certainly didn't hurt.

So here's the story.
We were supposed to go to Nebraska for 10 days in April to hunt for a house. If we didn't find one then, we would still move June 1st, but all of our belongings would go into storage- we would live in a hotel, until a home was found.

I had 8 realtors up there keeping their eyes out for me. The rental market in this town is geared towards struggling grad students and undergraduate students with multiple dwelers per unit. I finally sent out a photo to the realtors showing the type of house I was looking for, an executive home, NOT a dwelling suited for wild frat and footballer parties.

Their answer was not good. Renters ONLY have to give 30 days notice, and they weren't sure they'd even have ANYTHING for me to look at in April, let alone the type of home we were looking for.

Fast forward to Tuesday at 445pm, 15 minutes from the end of the business day, one of my realtors called and said, " you know that house you sent in the example email?"
I replied, "yes?"
She said, "what about THAT house? It's available, but you'd have to rent it for a couple of months before you even get here to secure it."

Long story shorter, DH was granted short notice leave on Tuesday night, booked hotel and rental car reservations, and used his frequent flier miles to get tickets all by noon Wednesday. He left Wednesday morning, signed the two year lease Friday, and flew home yesterday!!!!

The realtor was shocked that I was able to pull that short notice trip together so quickly!

I HAVE A HOUSE ! I have the KEYS in my hand! Phew, load off my mind. I know Sylvia gets the door to door importance. Anyway. It's lovely. The three car garage is as large as half of this house I'm in now! I have a full studio on the finished lower floor, which I'll post photos of in June when I'm set up.

I do have to pay two months extra rent, but we saved $2000 NOT having to go up in April for 10 days hunting, and another $2000 we get back on the deposit for this house. And DH's trip only cost $100 out of pocket for taxes and food that all his car/hotel/flight points didn't cover.

PHEW. I AM PAINTING TODAY!!!

Have a great day all!

Yorky
03-03-2013, 12:05 PM
That's great news Caryl, what luck!

I look forward to seeing your Nebraska mansion :)

Doug

LynnM
03-03-2013, 12:11 PM
Wonderful news, Caryl! It sounds like this may be one of your best moves :crossfingers:

Lovely photo, Sharon!

:lol: Geoff

Very earnest look, Gail, very professional! Love the red hair.......you and Dan look like a very happy couple :)

Thanks, Char, hope you get to paint.

Uschi
03-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Caryl, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you!!!!!

Lynn, LOVE the photo, especially the ringlets:evil: :lol: :lol:

Gail, especially love the wonderful honeymoon photo!!

Sharon, such innocense!

JJ, I too thought Elise looked very much like you!!

A few weeks ago I mentioned about letting my hair grow again because I feel so much moire like ME with my hair pulled back. Well, as you can see I did so most of my life. There always were intervals of a few years with short and then right back to normal.

My grandfather was a professional photographer and he took this one. I remember the dress was red:D and I was 16, just had my first hair cut, had braids right down to my bum until then.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Mar-2013/10602-IMG_0852.jpg

At 17 - None of my girl friends skied so I always went with the boys, all just friends.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Mar-2013/10602-IMG_0854.jpg

Showing a bit of my baby fat:) Spring of 1960, had just gotten married, was 21 and husband took the photo.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Mar-2013/10602-IMG_0853.jpg

Char, poppies next.

Uschi

kaypainter
03-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Oh Caryl that's fantastic! :thumbsup:

Sharon what a beautiful gal you were and are.

Gail love your photos. Ah yes -- red hair and a spiral perm. Know it well. Cannas are sort of native around here. People just pop 'em in the ground and leave them, so I imagine Char's advice is good. If you plant them up in pots will they transplant to the garden later, or will you leave them in the pots?

Aaaawwwwww Darla. You and Larry look meant for each other.

Uschi I was pudgy with big fat chipmunk cheeks until I hit 30.

Geoff :lol: Where do you get those? That's what my house would look like if I didn't sit on the floor with them while they eat and keep them from doing that. They're terribly rude to each other.

Thanks Char and Henry. This one's a little out of focus because it's cut from a group shot -- but:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Mar-2013/130068-Spiral_Perm_Closeup.jpeg

Lulu you do live in beautiful country. Your photo reminded me of Hayley Mills. The other photo you posted of you and John, you look like Meryl Streep.

Lynn you look wonderful as does your costume.

Oh Annie I bet the one she took is lovely!

Doug that's an awful dream. Glad it was just a dream. My dream like that is the typical actor's nightmare - I'm supposed to go on stage, but I either can't find the theatre or I can't find my costume or I don't know my lines, or the script is impossible to read. There's even a play written about that called The Actor's Nightmare. I've never been in that one. :lol:

Sue glad you could pop in. Glad your mother is better. Hope your stall sells lots and lots.

Take care everyone.

HAWLTAIN

Kay

Uschi
03-03-2013, 12:51 PM
The poppies I painted a few days ago.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Mar-2013/10602-poppies2.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Mar-2013/10602-poppies.jpg

Yorky
03-03-2013, 01:06 PM
Wow! Can't remember seeing any of your work for ages uschi. Love th poppies, I have tried many times to grow them without success.

Doug

Uschi
03-03-2013, 01:44 PM
Ahhh, the Kay we KNOW is shining through bright and clear:thumbsup:

Doug, I can grow the fancy oriental poppies but have been totally unsuccessful with the simple ones.

:wave: Uschi

Yorky
03-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Yes, same here Uschi, total failure with Iceland Poppies.

Doug

Europa
03-03-2013, 02:01 PM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!

Well have finally recovered from my birthday drinks with the girls (and Jamie)....one friend turned up who I haven't seen for a number of years - it was a great night and I really enjoyed it.

They are starting on remodelling the bathroom this week - starting at 8am on Thursday morning :eek: - should be fun.......NOT!!!

Have just been catching up on the wash - loved looking at all the photos of everyone when they were younger..........there aren't that many of me and our Harry when we were young but have had a trawl through my pics and here are some of me......

Me as a baby - no idea how old I was

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Mar-2013/29499-babypat.jpg

Think I was about 6 here - not sure.....lol

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Mar-2013/29499-patwithbike.jpg

I was about 17 on this one.....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Mar-2013/29499-pat16.jpg

And finally this was when I was about 22 with Jamie - God knows what I was thinking with that hairstyle.........lol

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Mar-2013/29499-patnjamie22.jpg

Hope everyone is keeping ok - sending white light to those in need - better go and get the tea on.....waving to everyone :wave:

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

artmom
03-03-2013, 02:10 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Mar-2013/11722-Evelyn_Fletcher_-_December_1955.jpg

Enjoyed others' photos. Here I am in my 15th birthday month. Mom made the dress, I designed it. :)

I see more of us went up in size than went down! :eek:

Lyn

Yorky
03-03-2013, 02:16 PM
Lovely photo Lyn, hope you are feeling better :heart:

Doug

NancyR
03-03-2013, 03:02 PM
Good Morning,

I am taking a quick break from a doing a thorough kitchen cleaning. I've almost got half of it done. It's going to get up to the 70s today. So, heat is off and windows are open to air out the house. I could never do that when my mother was home.

Lyn, you are so right. I do not have any current photos of me, because I always take the photos. I hate the way I look in photos these days. I am built like my grandmother, and there is nothing I can do about it. In fact, one of the girls at work decided out extra pounds were insurance for later years.

Back to cleaning.

Flattwo
03-03-2013, 03:16 PM
Pat, super photos, although I never like Tartan Bitter :evil:

Lyn, you sure are a bonnie lass there!

Henry

painterbear
03-03-2013, 03:25 PM
Good Morning all,
It is quarter after three in the afternoon here in Oakwood. Sky is whitish gray with cloud cover but no snow for the moment.

Had my big experiment with quinoa (keen-wah) yesterday. I've been reading about it a lot and how nutritious it is, etc. We went to a food store that had it in bins so we bought enough for one time to give it a try. I looked up a recipe on the web and decided to make a quinoa risotto. Sounded good and we like risotto made with rice, so gave it a go last night. I didn't like it at allllll! Only ate about half my serving. :o Has anyone else tried it? What did you think of it?

I am loving all these photos of us in our youth! We were a bunch of handsome and beautiful people, weren't we!!!! :thumbsup: to all for sharing.

One way I stayed slimmer in those days was walking a lot and quickly. I used to take a train to Philadelphia to work. The train station was about half a mile from my house and once we reached the station in Philly, I walked another half mile to my office building. This was usually always done at a fast pace. Then when I went off to college, Penn State has a big, sprawling campus and I had to walk between buildings to classes and to my dorm every day. I seldom walk very far these days, unfortunately. When I do it causes my knee to hurt. :o

Caryl, I sure do hear where you are coming from about wanting to move door to door with your household goods. Congratulations on working out the logistics of getting your DH there to view the house and sign the contract for it. :thumbsup: Looking forward to seeing your new manse. Does it need to be repainted or anything? Maybe you could do some of that in the interim.

Gail and Kay, My middle daughter Christine is a natural redhead with curls. She used to hate her hair when she was a teenager because everyone else had blond, straight hair. Now she likes being a redhead...don't think she enjoys the curls though. :rolleyes:

:wave: to all who were here before and any who are still on their way. I'm off to find a reference for a painting because I finished my orchid one today. Will take it to art class for critique tomorrow before taking a photo to show you. :D

SYL,

Sylvia

WthrLady
03-03-2013, 03:29 PM
Sylvia, I'm with you, I couldn't STAND the stuff!!!!!
It reminded me of the millet seeds in birdfood and smelled just as horrible!

I made it with chicken broth and onions, and I made another version, which I cannot remember. I do like it baked in bread. I toss about 2 T in a batch. Anything beyond that and I can smell and taste it. BLECH!

Nothing needs done to the house at all. I don't have to go up to Nebraska until 1 June.

shipbroker
03-03-2013, 03:43 PM
Evening all...quick look in whilst bath running.....

Uschi, poppies are Eileens favourite wild flower and I have bought others pictures of them but I have never captured the transparency as well as you have....nice work...

Kay......another one for you!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Mar-2013/84585-catcat.jpg

So they can read!!

geoff

kaypainter
03-03-2013, 04:04 PM
Geoff :lol: :lol: :lol:

One thing I have learned since I've had these three smart alecks -- never underestimate a cat.

Kay

shipbroker
03-03-2013, 04:56 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Mar-2013/84585-applecat.jpg

Like this Kay???????

geoff

New Gamboge
03-03-2013, 05:57 PM
Hi everyone - loved seeing all the photos. We had our very disappointing opening yesterday - good thing some people have friends and family that come.

Kay - try this http://www.deodoroc.com/ for odor removal. It comes in pucks which are reusable, and in a gravel like substance that is really good for removing odor from carpets. Betty

NancyR
03-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Good afternoon,

i loved all the photos. It is always such fun to see everyone when they were young.

I have finished the kitchen, and DH went for dinner. I did not want to cook and mess it up. After dinner, i will mop the floor. Then the kitchen will be totally finished.

I watched three hours of I Love Lucy while I cleaned--from Season 7. They are the one-hour specials that were made after they divorced. Very funny and I didn't mind cleaning. I have to be entertained.

Hugs to all in need.

laudesan
03-03-2013, 07:38 PM
[QUOTE]Originally Posted by Lulu

JJ, you have lonnnnnnnnnngggggg legs![QUOTE]

I noticed that too.:thumbsup: I am blushing.

Lynn, you look fabulous in costume!!!!!:thumbsup:

Gail - love the photos. Woot Red hair!!!!

JJ, I think that Elise looks very much like you!Do you? She looks a lot like her mother, especially when her mother was her mother was preteens. I saw some photos Saturday night of Tania when she was a teenager. Photos' I had never seen before, as they were her girlfriends Terri's photos. Tania had her albums to make up a slide show of Terry from birth to 40. I must say I didn't recognise my girl in some of them.. She had had her hair cut at 13 short short, and I had forgotten how short. :)

YAY Caryl :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup:

I am loving all your photos!!! Each and everyone of you are absolutely gorgeous!!!

Sylvia, I love quinoa. I can't eat it now, as it is a starch, and i can't eat starch. It just depends on how you cook it, and what you add with it. Lynn and I experimented, it was when I was staying with her that we "discovered" it, and I know I enjoyed it in all the dished we cooked. You cook it the same way you would cook rice. I prefer it cooked in a saucepan than a rice cooker though, the rice cooker doesn't soften it enough. You can get red and white varieties, the red being much more expensive.

Betty, so sorry your opening wasn't what you expected it to be. So disappointing. Hang in there, spread the word, use your facebook a/c emails, anything and everything.

Well it is now 30.38 on my Monday Morning, coffee break is over..

CharM
03-03-2013, 09:26 PM
Hiya... It snowed a little today... I managed to get my floors swiffered, the litter cleaned and the laundry done... I have only the background to do for the March Challenge! Yup... I painted.

Baby Feral (Sneakers) is curled up beside me, snoring away... every time I stroke him, he makes the funniest little mewing noise.

Matt paid his first and last month's rent on his first apartment today. He's leaving soon. I've felt for the longest time that it was his time to strike out on his own. Now... I'm so, so sad... I don't want my youngest to fly the nest at all! :(

I love all the photos, today! What a handsome group we are... :)

Uschi, your poppies are wonderful!

CharM
03-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Hiya... It snowed a little today... I managed to get my floors swiffered, the litter cleaned and the laundry done... I have only the background to do for the March Challenge! Yup... I painted a little Spring into my day.

Baby Feral (Sneakers) is curled up beside me, snoring away... every time I stroke him, he makes the funniest little mewing noise.

Matt paid his first and last month's rent on his first apartment today. He's leaving soon. I've felt for the longest time that it was his time to strike out on his own. Now... I'm so, so sad... I don't want my youngest to fly the nest at all! :(

I love all the photos, today! What a handsome group we are... :)

Uschi, your poppies are wonderful!

Sylvia, as a vegetarian I thought that quinoa was a gift! It's a perfect protein. Too bad it doesn't have a good mouth feel... :( I've made a pudding with it and it's rather like tapioca which was pretty good though.

JJ... it's not a starch, it's a seed.

I'm so sorry about the disappointing turnout, Betty... ((())) A sign of the times, I suspect.

Congratulations, Caryl! :clap: What a load off your shoulders!

We're watching "The Bible", a special mini-series on the History Channel... I can't decide if I like it or not... Is that sacrilegious? I'll say g'nite or good morning... Tomorrow is a busy day!

Wind Song
03-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Char baby feral, Sneakers is moving in and Matt is moving out! I know the feeling! It is SAD!
Thinking of you!
When Cody moved out I helped and asked if I could tart up his balcony and paint mexican tiles and bring in some plants and lattice for the sides and he said, " No I will kill the plants and It is my balcony, NOT yours. lol

But. because I pay for part of his rent because he is profoundly deaf, and I have keys to his place and he has keys to mine! lol