PDA

View Full Version : Late Ones- Feb 24 Zebras/ Nov 9 Wisteria

lisilk
03-02-2013, 10:55 PM
:wave: Not sure if I will be able participate in my own WDE but I will try tomorrow. It took me 2 days to do Crias's zebras from Sharrons last WDE (Feb 24) because my ribs are messed up badly and I can only sit a few minutes at a time. It is watercolors and intense pencils, 10" X 20".

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Mar-2013/17813-ZebrasWDEFeb24Sharron.gif

The other is from OldRockChick Lin's Nov.9th WDE when I couldn't get anything to upload on here. ( FB friends have seen it I think.)
16" X 20" fluid acrylics and torn paper collage on canvas.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Mar-2013/17813-WisteriaWDENov9LinORC.gif

Thanks for looking. Li

PaintBoss
03-02-2013, 11:11 PM
Oooooohhhhhhh, I LIKE!!! Both are lovely. I like the pink on the zebras' underbellies. The second piece is gorgeous!! I had to reread and look to figure out what medium it was. It comes across almost as an optical illusion (the dark bottem is 3d like-how did you create that effect? So cool...). Love your creativity here. Now I have to try to find time to try collage- you have inspired me girlfriend!!:clap::cool:
About those ribs, I hope you feel back to your old self real soon. We NEED your pictures! I always look forward to your wet canvas offerings...:D

lisilk
03-02-2013, 11:27 PM
Thanks Paintboss. The dark bg on the collage is layed. I painted a canvas a medium aqua color, let dry. Then rolled on fluid Phthalo Green and glazing medium over the whole thing. Then lifted that off (immediately) with a crumpled plastic bag. Some of the cut papers were transparent and some opaque so it looks more 3D.
Ribs will be fine in 4-6 weeks. Can't rush them. Thanks for the comments.

Li

RubyRedDog2
03-02-2013, 11:51 PM
I love both of these, vaguely remember the collage. What kind of paper? Love the BG with the zebra, you did an excellent job on their bodies. Hope you find a non-painful activity until you heal. Guess the boys are bored.

Gail

PaintBoss
03-02-2013, 11:52 PM
Thanks for describing your process. I wondered if you had used the plastic bag/seran wrap method. It was very effective.
Oh dear, sounds like you are feeling rough and with ribs you do have to be careful. Its a good thing you can do a little art, take a break, do a little more, etc. Take it easy.

crispur2005
03-03-2013, 01:07 AM
Love the zebras but those wisteria are simply beautiful. Sorry to hear you have an injury, it sounds very painful. Take it easy and heal quickly.

skappy
03-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Both paintings are very good Li love the zebras
I do not know what is wrong with your ribs I once broke two ribs in a motrobike accident couldn't find comfortable position to sleeep So I didn't for a few days then got tired or a bit better and was able to sleep
Hope you feel better soon
Robert

Deano
03-03-2013, 03:44 PM
Love them both, Li!! The color in the collage is out of this world magnificent!!

Hope your ribs are improving. :)

lisilk
03-04-2013, 12:11 AM
Thank you for the generous comments. Hope to participate in my own WDE in the next day. Cheers, Li

tangerine
03-04-2013, 12:21 AM
Wow!! Both are gorgeous Li! The colors around the zebras just ZING!

eyepaint
03-04-2013, 01:13 AM
Love those zzzzzzebras :)

Scattykat
03-04-2013, 07:24 AM
...these are both fabulous, really love the zebras, great light up under their bellies, flower collage style is tops as well, brillo...

artastic
03-04-2013, 09:47 AM
excellent on both, and I didn't hear what happened to your ribs????? oww

the zebras are wonderful
the wysteria is magic

surob
03-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Wow. These are both exceptional! Wish I could do such great work even without a handicap. I sure hope you heal those ribs. They are difficult bones to heal, it is impossible to stop moving entirely.

Paulafv
03-04-2013, 10:57 AM
Love your colorful zebras. The longer I look, the more colors I see. Makes for greater interest than b&w.

The wisteria is outstanding as well. It must have taken some time to lay out all those little petals and your color choices there are excellent. Kudos on both.

connievanwinssen
03-04-2013, 12:48 PM
LOve them both but the wisteria is my favourite! Hope your ribs heal fast:)

lisilk
03-05-2013, 11:40 PM
Thanks for all the healing wishes. Ribs take time ( a month or two) but getting better every day. For those asking, I did a light motherwash of yellows, pinks and purples on the paper before I started the zebras, that's why you see the colors within them. Thanks for the generous comments.

Li