PDA

View Full Version : **Daily Wash Saturday 2nd March 2013**

shipbroker
03-02-2013, 02:58 AM
Now this is really Blue Ears territory!!

Morning all,

Very cold night and grass ariund the caravan really white.

Busy day ahead so bach later.

geoff

Lulu
03-02-2013, 03:13 AM
You're safe Geoff - at least from me lol
Busy working day, then home researching and writing info for one of our grandaughters who needs info for a school project (by tomorrow!) on the activities of John's and my father's and uncles during WWII.

The heat and very dry conditions continue here, 29.6C today, no rain in sight for the next few weeks at least.
Our area (along with others) has been declared a drought zone, which is good for the farmers, because now they can get government subsidies to help. Many herds have been dried off early, or are down to once a day milking. Our very small flock of sheep is getting smaller and smaller, John gave away some lambs this morning to someone who has more grass than us to feed them. :)

Back to the researching..:wave:

Yorky
03-02-2013, 03:26 AM
Good morning Geoff, Lulu and all to follow.

I was woken to bright sun streaming through the bedroom curtains. It's a wonderful morning, not a cloud in the sky but that means rather cool at 0C.

had a lovely evening, dinner with friends followed by a trip to the theatre to see a wonderful performance,

May do some plastering today to repair where the leak brought down plaster above the bedroom window. It should be dried out by now.

Doug

Lulu
03-02-2013, 04:42 AM
Finished the war info and sent:thumbsup:

Almost bed-time here but wanted to show you this pic that i found in my files today. John, in 1965, when I first met him, with their cat called Zoe lol
Be still my beating heart :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Mar-2013/1118-John1965.jpg

shipbroker
03-02-2013, 05:04 AM
Hasn't changed much has he Lulu??

geoff

Yorky
03-02-2013, 05:06 AM
I love how the eyes match :)

Doug

Uschi
03-02-2013, 07:54 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!

-9C and light gray sky.

I don't know how well my table tennis will go today because my knee hurts a fair bit when walking. I know what it is - the bicep femoris muscle which inserts in the knee is pulling the knee cap over, it got shortened during the hip replacement:rolleyes:

ALT (Active Release technique) kept it at bay mostly, I stopped going a few month ago. Will have to make an appointment on Monday.

Lulu, handsome, strapping, young lad:thumbsup: How many more sleeps, must be getting close:thumbsup:

Hi Geoff and Doug!!

:wave: Uschi

CharM
03-02-2013, 07:57 AM
Good morning Washer Buds... It's been a busy few days here... lots of this and that and nothing of consequence accomplished... :rolleyes: :)

Patty Bluegenes and I are going to visit Sarnia Sue this afternoon... Sue's been quite ill and is recovering nicely... I baked cookies for her...

((Uschi))... I know how much that hurts you...

John's sure a McDreamy with those eyes, Lulu! :heart:

:wave: All... I have a few chores to get out of the way before I leave today.

I hope that everyone has the best possible day!

Scene Chaser
03-02-2013, 08:03 AM
Good Day All,

Our ground remains white and will stay that way for another week I'm told.

Lulu, sorry about your shrinking herd. The weather and climate is so unpredictable now.
John is such a comfortable looking man. Confident.

Geoff, where are you staying? Will there be photos? Glad you arrived safe.

Doug, glad you had a good evening. I have some plaster work to do, too.

I will nap now.
Bill

dlwilliams48
03-02-2013, 08:17 AM
Good morning all. A bit chilly here this morning, near freezing but will be sunny later. We are in a "busy" phase at work so last week was a bit stressful. Looking forward to a quiet weekend.

Once again, the Landscapes in Watercolor class did not have enough students sign up, so it was canceled. So, I used some of the money set aside for that class and joined a site called arttutor.com, and have been spending a lot of time viewing the instructional videos there. I have already selected a pen and wash demonstration to give a go, maybe today. The site covers a multitude of mediums and skill levels too. I know it isn't a substitute for live instruction but I think I will certainly learn from it.

DD and granddaughter will leave Monday and will likely not see them again until November. It is going to be lonely without the little one getting into everything. :)

Geoff, we hope to make use of our new camping trailer later this month.

Hope all have a nice weekend.

Flattwo
03-02-2013, 08:36 AM
Hi to All

its a beautiful sunny, but nippy day here

I have a free weekend to do what I wish, I wonder...painting maybe

I picked up a 48 x 36 inch off cut of MDF yesterday for £1, now I just have to come up with a subject to paint on it. I used to use MDF alot years back for Acrylic painting and it is a very stable and good surface to work on once prepared properly.

Lulu, John is definately a Robertson :lol: do you see a likeness between us, or is my imagination?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Mar-2013/3457-Henry.jpg

Geoff, where are you, any photos?

Doug, I will check out the handbook...cheers

Henry

painterbear
03-02-2013, 08:54 AM
Good Morning all,
I is quarter to nine in the a.m. here in Oakwood. Snow flurries have just started falling gently, but no danger of any accumulation. Chilly temps though.

Happy MARCH to all. Hope it is a great month. My Beginner's WC Class starts on the 13th so I need to do some prep work on the lessons and plans.

Uschi, Ouch, hope you can get that knee problem fixed, I know how much you enjoy your table tennis.

Lulu, John hasn't changed much except for the hair color. ;) Guess your drought affecting the farmers is what has kept our lamb prices so high. We get a lot of lamb from Australia and New Zealand in our grocery stores. Sorry you've had to cull your herd a little bit.

Char, Give Sarnia Sue a hug from us. I'm sure seeing you and Patty and nibbling on your cookies will be a big boost for her. :grouphug:

Henry, Looks like that photo was taken in the 60s at a coffee house where someone was reciting Beat poetry. :lol: Handsome guys, you and John.

Don, Sorry your landscape class didn't go again. If you lived near me, you could take a class with Leonard Williams, a very popular landscape artist who teaches watercolors in this area. Hope you enjoy your on-line class.

:wave: to Geoff, Doug, Bill, and all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

Flattwo
03-02-2013, 09:13 AM
Sylvia

A Desolaltion

Now mind is clear
as a cloudless sky.
Time then to make a
home in wilderness.

What have I done but
wander with my eyes
in the trees? So I
will build: wife,
family, and seek
for neighbors.

Or I
perish of lonesomeness
or want of food or
lightning or the bear
(must tame the hart
and wear the bear).

And maybe make an image
of my wandering, a little
image—shrine by the
roadside to signify
to traveler that I live
here in the wilderness
awake and at home.

Allen Ginsberg

Uschi
03-02-2013, 09:17 AM
OH Henry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink2: :D

I am on my way out.

Char, give my VERY best wishes to Sue.

Don, glad you found another place useful to you.

Hi Sylvia and Bill!!

Strawberry Wine
03-02-2013, 09:22 AM
Good Day Washers!

Although it is - 9 C here in the Grove, the skies are blue so I have to say March has come in like a Lamb.

We just finished apricot 'orange scones for breakfast this morning and Dan has said he is going to Can Tire in an hour. I would like to go with him so this visit will be short as I am still in my P.J.'s

Kay, thanks so much for the pet food recall information the other day. Most of them were low end obscure manufacturers and brands with the exception of a few from Purina, which is still a low brand, and Kirkland which is made for Costco. I was amazed and shocked at the extremely large numbers that are on recall for different issues.

Uschi, sorry to read that your knee is acting up. It could be the increased amount of walking on the tredmill that has caused the flare up. Rest, elevate and ice it for a few days.

Also Uschi and Char have been meaning to remind you to bring your Bougainvillia out of hibernation any time now as mine (which has not been in rest mode) is starting to form a few buds. Don't forget to pinch back the first buds that sprout on every branch to ensure the growth of secondary branches and more blossoms.

Char, give Sue a few gentle hugs from me !!!! You will all have a good time and chat, I am positive ! :)

Well, I better get a move on or Dan will be leaving without me.

BBL

Cheers to all,

Gail

Yorky
03-02-2013, 09:56 AM
Waiting for plaster to set then a finish coat.

Photos? Here I am as a 16 year old and with Ruth when we were courting :)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Mar-2013/1046-DougTheodolite.jpghttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Mar-2013/1046-RuthDougBike.jpg

Happy days!

Doug

laudesan
03-02-2013, 09:57 AM
:wave: Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn...

It is 1.00am here, and I just walked in the door. I have been teenage minding. I went and kept Reece company, while Tania and her partner went out to a birthday dinner of Tania's high school friend. She had a nice time, and Reece and I had a ball!!!!

Thank you for all the lovely congratulations for Elise. She is a good girl, and smart, and yes, I am dead proud of her..

Lulu, very nice photo. John's Zoe made me think of my own beautiful Zoe. It has been 5 months now since I lost her, and I still cry. I can't walk into the vets to get Monty's prescription without tears rolling down my cheeks.

Henry, wow, what a handsome dude you were too!! How are you doing? and how is your wife?

Gail, how are you feeling? :heart:

Uschi, so sorry about your knee. All this rain has mine ache more, most annoying..

Super photos Doug. I have seen the one of you and Ruth before, but not the one of you at 16. :)

:wave: to Sylvia, Don, sorry about your class, Bill, Char, Doug, and Geoff.

Bedtime for me.......... ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Flattwo
03-02-2013, 10:03 AM
Doug, super photo of you at the Theodolite with the excitement of a career in front of you, as you know its all done with lasers now!

Ruth and you look a perfect couple, what type of bike is that?

Come on folks, please post your old photos, great fun! let us have a trip down memory lane

Henry

Yorky
03-02-2013, 10:07 AM
Ruth and you look a perfect couple, what type of bike is that?
It is an Ariel Leader Henry a twin pot two-stroke - a wonderful bike and ahead of its time. Panniers, indicators, full screen. That was 1963. Wish I still had it.

Doug

LynnM
03-02-2013, 10:07 AM
:wave: Good day!! Bright day here, maybe sun later. Can't wait for the thaw, my favourite trail is now lumpy ice, where the snow has partially melted and then frozen again with many footsteps preserved in ice. I walk on the road which is clear but further to the store. Oh well, not long now :)

Sorry to hear that, Uschi, I expect Gail is right, increased activity (different from your table tennis) brings up new aches and pains....d***ed if you do and d***ed if you don't where exercise is concerned at our age :eek: Having similar issues with all my walking.

Pretty riveting photo of John, Lulu, I quite understand why you liked him! And yes, Henry, there is a resemblance, those Scots genes......true in our Macintyre line too. My FIL and my xDH and my DS walk exactly the same, it is a hoot to see them walking down the road together!

Lovely poem, Henry.

Love that photo of you and Ruth, Doug, I remember it from before.

Had fun last night at our Gallery opening, lots of people there, and I spent the time describing to people what I was wearing, and how the fashion of the day took elements of the British soldier's uniform and absorbed it into female attire, just as today many fashion ideas come from current happenings. Unfortunately no photos (at least that I can bear to post :rolleyes:).

You will have fun today, Char, my best to Sue also :heart:

Sorry you are not getting your class, Don, but good idea to make an investment in that site, I hope you can find time to really give it a go, anything that gets us painting is a good thing!

Hi Sylvia!

Hi Doug, Bill, have fun plastering :rolleyes:

Edit: Hi JJ!

WthrLady
03-02-2013, 10:25 AM
My old photos aren't your old photos! LOL. Heck you all were married before I was even born! :) Just sayin' I'm one of the babies of the groups :D
But here you go anyway.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Mar-2013/385681-1976.jpg

Spent the morning uploading a bunch of photos to the RIL. DS had to be at scouts at 530 this morning. It tried to make it to 32' last night, but manage not to quite get there.

Waiting for DH to return. The flights are already several hours off schedule, and it's only 9am. Good Grief. Once you miss one connection.......Atlanta at stacking hour is all I have to say.

Working on Doug's tulips and putting spaghetting on the stove. Although I should wait to see if he'll even be home in time for supper.

Have a great day all!

alansam
03-02-2013, 10:31 AM
wow Doug the Ariel leader ..I had an Ariel 650 red hunter A superb bike
my first bike was an old side valve BSA 250 just after the war I had a job finding parts to build it from from scrap ..hard to find bikes at that time. my second bike was an Ariel 350 open valve single... I had seven bikes in all ,, until I came a cropper.and bought and old banger car it had a wooden floor and cable brakes .it was a standard nine ..I had the floor re made for me in a stronger plywood .it was like Fred Flintstones ,you could put you feet through the floor ,,coming down a hill near upholland the brakes cables where to stretched
and I ran through a wall .I had to go back and rebuild that wall. for the owner .good Day ? I don't know I ve had better,
to day I went to pick the milk up(yes we have a milkman )and both bottles fell from my hand and crashed all over the hall carpet, picked up the mop ,I walked in the conservatory kicked the table leg and the plants went flying everywhere .and today's not over yet,keeps your legs crossed for me will you

Flattwo
03-02-2013, 10:37 AM
Caryl, you look really cute, is that a costume for a school play?
Henry

CharM
03-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Hiya... I'm heading out the door in just a few minutes... naturally, I had to stop by (because I'm nosey)...

Old photos... I'll play along, Henry...

I'm 17 years young here...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Mar-2013/20514-BikerChar.jpg

Ted and I while we were dating (about 28 years ago)...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Mar-2013/20514-TedChar1.jpg

And look what happened after we got married!!!! (Yes, that's Richard Petty...)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Mar-2013/20514-Preggo1.jpg

Ok... last one... Our wonderful blended family.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Mar-2013/20514-MD1991a.jpg

Doug and Bill... I hate having to do those kind of repairs because one thing ALWAYS leads to another... :rolleyes:

Henry, you handsome dude!

And Doug, you and Ruth look so sweet.

Sylvia, are you excited about your new Class?

Don, I hope you're enjoying that site... I've seen some of the free stuff and it looks pretty good. Joanne Thomas has a great sunflower demo that I've shared with all my Students.

Gail, mine's been down in the basement sitting in the laundry tub (Magoo calls it the *healing sink* because the plant has been blooming ALL winter!).

Lynn, your fabric art (yes, it's art) is something you need to be sharing with us frequently... I can understand why people were interested in your attire!

G'nite JJ... I don't mind minding teens... :)

Awh, Caryl... so cute!

Alan! :eek: You're an accident waiting to happen! I wish we could buy our milk in bottles...

Ok... I need to pack up my stuff and head out the door... I'll give all your warm wishes to Sue... :heart:

Flattwo
03-02-2013, 11:01 AM
Char, these are wonderful photos, Ted looks cool with his shades on, and of course you on the bike....oh la la

You have a beautiful family

Who is Richard Petty.....lol

Henry

WthrLady
03-02-2013, 11:08 AM
Caryl, you look really cute, is that a costume for a school play?
Henry
The bicentennial celebration in the US, something about breaking away from another country and being left to our own devices. I was six.

Scene Chaser
03-02-2013, 11:17 AM
You people look great!

I didn't have a bike and my ride only had one horse power.

I'm nineteen here with my horse Gypsy, which I bought wild off the range and trained her myself. I had a lot of bruises to prove it. I did get the nickname Wild Bill. :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Mar-2013/83119-Bronco_Billy.jpg
Bill

painterbear
03-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Henry, :thumbsup: love the poem by Ginsberg. My favorite Beat poet at the time was Laurence Ferlinghetti. :D

Doug, Great photo of you and Ruth. You haven't changed too much either, except for the hair color, of course.

Char, You wild and crazy gal on your Bike! Love the family photos too, especially the one with R. Petty. :lol: Yep, I'm looking forward to teaching again, although I don't think there is going to be a very big group. Probably best with beginners, eh.

OK, I had to go to the books and dig out some memories too. Here I am my senior year of high school going to a prom. My best friend's mother made this beautiful gown for me. (She was a professional seamstress specializing in wedding dresses and gowns.) When I wore this to my prom at a Catholic Girls HS, I had a little lace jacket with sleeves that went over the top. ;)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Mar-2013/9833-Prom1957.jpg

This is a couple years later when Larry and I were at Penn State and dating:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Mar-2013/9833-LnSPennState61.jpg Notice the loafers and cigarette. That was the "cool" thing to do in those days. :D

Caryl, Looks like you were in a 4th of July parade with that costume. How cute you were. :D

:wave: to all who were here between my posts. Snow is still falling and the grass is slowly turning white again.

SYL,

Sylvia

dlwilliams48
03-02-2013, 11:25 AM
Joanne Thomas has a great sunflower demo that I've shared with all my Students. She is one of my favorites on the site. :)

OK, old photos...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Mar-2013/986611-d3x.jpg

Early seventies... dig the trousers. Oh, and I only smoked for a short time. Haven't done that in over 35 years, I'm happy to say.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Mar-2013/986611-m1x.jpg

DW from about the same time.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Mar-2013/986611-d5x.jpg

A bit later in life, early in my Naval career and still a Junior Officer. How serious was I? :D Always fun to view old photos. Enjoyed all of them.

WthrLady
03-02-2013, 11:29 AM
Yes you are right Sylvia, with the governor.

I love these old photos.

Yorky
03-02-2013, 11:33 AM
Great photos!

You were a wild child Char :)

You look mean and moody Bill ;)

Quite a dress Sylvia.

Great series Don.

Doug

shipbroker
03-02-2013, 12:58 PM
What a lovely day picturewise, dont think I have any

Today went up Swaledale then over the top into Wensleydale and Leyburn thence back via Catterick Garrison. This afternoon we webt with 97 other caravans to a large drinks and buffet do at a major caravan dealer.... they do this annually and give us 10% discount on purchases this weekend (other than new caravans or motorhomes). this is a meeting with some of our oldest friends.

geoff

kaypainter
03-02-2013, 01:04 PM
My morning's been a bit like Alan's. My 6am alarm clock was weird sounds emanating from the dressing room area. Three cats making odd noises can only mean trouble. One of them had peed in the cat carrier. (I'm pretty sure I know who!) They were trying to pull the little fleece that Velcro's into the bottom out onto the carpet. Flew out of bed to get it in the bath tub before it went all over. Washed it all out, bleach, then carpet cleaner, rinse, rinse, rinse. Still smells. Anyone with ideas for getting the smell out?

Went back to bed, but who could sleep after that. Decided since I'd washed out all the cat bowls last night, I would go take a walk. Came back and started to get their breakfast, so I could give Esme her shot. First dropped the cans of food on the floor. Okay clumsy but not terrible. Then as I'm dishing out the food I hear a noise, look to my left and a carton of organic tomato soup is falling out of the cupboard, taking with it several other jars and bottles as it goes AND my glass of water. Not realizing what was happening at first I was too late to catch it. The glass at first bounced on the floor and I thought it wasn't going to break. Ha ha. Shattered glass and water everywhere AND one of the jars was a big one of onion powder. Thank goodness it was plastic, but the top popped open and onion powder went all over. It's toxic to cats and dogs. Sooooo get all the glass up. Vacuum everywhere (scaring the cats) and wash the floor, but of course when I went to use the WetJet the batteries were dead, sooooo . . .

I can only say that in Jewish custom a broken glass means good luck (that's why the groom steps on a glass and breaks it as part of the wedding ceremony). So maybe . . . Also found a penny on the ground yesterday. I could use some good luck.

Lots of gorgeous guys and gals in the wash today. Was trying to think if I had any photos of me besides professional 8X10's. Most of the photos of me are in my parent's photo albums which are at my brother's house, and most of the photos I've taken are not of me.

Well now that I've taken up a good chunk of the wash I think I'll sign off and wish everyone a great day!

HAWLTAIN and :wave: :wave:

Kay

Flattwo
03-02-2013, 01:08 PM
Kay, please lets see your professional photos :thumbsup:

Sylvia, what a beauty!

Bill, great photo, I would have loved a Horse, but would have found it difficult to get it up four floors in a Glasgow tenement building :lol:

Henry

Lulu
03-02-2013, 03:18 PM
whoooooohoooo LOVing the photos!!:clap: Gorgeous, gorgeous, all!

Henry, the (Robertson) eyes certainly have it!:thumbsup:

No, John hasn't changed much Geoff haha
Lost a good bit of that hair though!

So here I am at 19 :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Mar-2013/1118-Lulu19yrs1966.jpg

LynnM
03-02-2013, 04:39 PM
Thanks, Char, if I get a good photo, I'll post it. I do think of my costumes as a kind of sculpture.

Wonderful photos from everyone! It sent me to my old album.

My dad and I when he returned from the war in 1946 (he was part of the advance through Sicily and was stationed at the end in Germany during the aftermath). It was the first time I had met him, in a more real form than the photo on my mum's dresser.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Mar-2013/97813-Me-and-dad-1846016.jpg

Here I am ready for my Dorm Formal at 19 in 1969

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Mar-2013/97813-Dorm-prom014.jpg

Flattwo
03-02-2013, 04:45 PM
There are too many beautiful in this forum "Be Still My Beating Heart"

Henry

Yorky
03-02-2013, 04:52 PM
Mine does, she keeps a tight rein on me :lol:

Doug

Scene Chaser
03-02-2013, 04:55 PM
You're right, Henry. Our wives don't know of the many beautiful girls we communicate with throughout the day.
Bill

Uschi
03-02-2013, 05:41 PM
Gorgeous photos, WOW, some real BEAUTIES here.

I'll have to dig through my box tomorrow, then I'll have to photograph the photograph because I don't have a scanner. I can show this one because I have shown it here before so it is on my computer.

I must have been under 6 since I still have my baby teeth:lol:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Mar-2013/10602-USCHI-child.jpg

NancyR
03-02-2013, 06:12 PM
Good Evening to everyone,

It has been a busy day. I woke up at 7:00 and could not go back to sleep, so I went to Walmart. I bought a new microwave and did my grocery shopping. Then went and saw my mom, bought dog food, and then went to Target and just went up and down the aisles. I had so much fun just wandering. I found an extension rod for my closet that is stabilized by a shoe bag. That way, I can double the space for slacks and skirts. Best part it was on clearance.

I love the photos! I could only put my hands on two.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Mar-2013/974503-WOMEN3.jpeg

This is when I was 19 on my wedding day.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Mar-2013/974503-43.jpeg

This is July 30, 1994, when I married John.:)

It's still in the 50s during the day and the bradford pear trees and dogwoods are in bloom. It seems just too early again.

I will write more tomorrow. It's time to make dinner for DH, he will be getting home from the baseball fields any minute now.

LynnM
03-02-2013, 06:28 PM
Kay, I'm sorry you had such a rotten day :heart: That glass goes everywhere, doesn't it. Good that you or the kitties didn't get cut.

Uschi, you were a very sweet little girl, still sweet of course!

Nancy, lovely wedding photos...You are just a young thing :)

kaypainter
03-02-2013, 06:31 PM
Thanks Lynn. That's such a sweet photo of you with your dad.

More lovely photos! Wow.

Henry here's one of the only old 8X10's I could find. I think when I was packing up boxes I may have packed up the others.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Mar-2013/130068-Old_Old_BW_8X10.jpeg

Oh the days of spiral perms!

wet_walrus
03-02-2013, 06:48 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Mar-2013/1165779-haroldportretsmall.jpg

Just testing, here I am!

EDIT Moved this here. Nice to meet you Harold. Doug

LynnM
03-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Wow, Kay, lots of character there! Lovely :)

NancyR
03-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Lynn,

I'm 65 years young, and boy do I feel it. I robbed the cradle with John--he's 5 years younger than me. :)

New microwave is wonderful. It has the automatic sensors, so you do not have to set the minutes. We had baked potatoes that were so delicious and cooked to perfection. Not bad for $125.

Now I get to fold laundry.

laudesan
03-02-2013, 10:10 PM
It's raining, it's poring, the old man is snoring.......... literally. My housemate is snoring in bed, has nightshift tonight.

I am loving your old photos.

to day I went to pick the milk up(yes we have a milkman )and both bottles fell from my hand and crashed all over the hall carpet, picked up the mop ,I walked in the conservatory kicked the table leg and the plants went flying everywhere .and today's not over yet,keeps your legs crossed for me will youYou had a JJ moment :p I had a bike once, a Honda CB200 It was red, of course.. I smashed it into a fence, going to fast to turn the corner. Figured if I was going to make it out of my 20's I better sell it and try 4 wheels.

Char, lovely photos..

Nice photo Bill, Gypsy is beautiful. I rode a horse once too, when I was growing up, pre teens, and when I was a Land Girl. They gave me a farm bike, but I kept dropping it. :lol:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Mar-2013/22284-Me__old_farm_house..jpg
about 1 year old.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Mar-2013/22284-Judy_with_doll..jpg
Aged 2

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Mar-2013/22284-Judy_age_13.jpg
Aged 13

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Mar-2013/22284-judy_1969.jpg
Aged 16

NancyR
03-02-2013, 10:33 PM
JJ, Beautiful photos!

JudyL
03-02-2013, 11:06 PM
Hi, been busy all day, clearing out the only bedroom without a bed, so was a spot for allsorts. The wallbed (ie:murphy type) is to be delivered on Monday, and Jack was out with Kevin taking the ivy and stuff he cleared out to the recycling center, as Kevin and Jen have a truck. He said they don't seem to be any the worse from the rearending they had on the freeway on Friday. They are afraid the van will be totalled as the damage is all in the back lift gate, and the thing is verging on the elderly.

Doug, (I may copy this to tomorrows Wash) Jack had an Ariel 500 cc 1 lung when we were in the Azores the first time. He LOVED it but it was huge. He was playing around at the site and managed to slide it right under the Exec's car, (gravel) and didn't do any harm to either car or beast, he got scraped up a bit, (serves him right for fooling around.

No pictures I still stuggle with posting the ones on line, never mind "real" photographs.

Anyone who is poorly, "HEAL!"

Flattwo
03-03-2013, 08:21 AM
Hi to All

Uschi, what a super photo, I love the teeth! your blonde hair is astounding

Nancy, you look great in both of these photos

Kay, I can see why you are an Actress, you have a beauty overflowing with character and stunning eyes.

JJ, super photos, what a stunner!

Hi, Wet Walrus!

Henry

WthrLady
03-03-2013, 01:29 PM
OH these photos are a hoot!! I'll post a few more later today.

Thanks everyone for your support!