PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Friday 1st March 2013 **

shipbroker
02-28-2013, 09:22 PM
Good morning all,

Even a bit early for me as well......March already!

The moon in hiding tonight but still quite light here, tonight will be in caravan hurray!

Back later

geoff

Scene Chaser
02-28-2013, 11:24 PM
Good Morning Geoff,
Hope you get some more sleep before pulling the caravan tonight.
congrats on the sale. Time for me to go to bed.
Bill

laudesan
02-28-2013, 11:31 PM
Hey Geoff, congratulations on the sales.

Pat, what a load off your mind.

Lynn, Todd Ainsle's work is wonderful.

:wave:

:grouphug:

JudyL
03-01-2013, 12:30 AM
:lol: This is a bit funny, it's March over there and still February here.

Tomorrow is Pizza day and after school we get the honor :rolleyes: of having the "boyfriend" over he's a nice kid, but well, you know.

Jack has been trying to tame the ivy that has been growing up the wall and over our side, and into the trees. Probably 7 years since it was trimmed. Our Galt house backs on to a busy road and the city planted the ivy but ivy will keep growing till it is forcibly yanked out and Jack is doing the yanking. I will have to vacuum the drapery tops, could not do it today, my ladder was too short!

BBL

Yorky
03-01-2013, 02:37 AM
Good morning all dull here but warmer at 5C,

Hope you are fast asleep by now Geoff.

Hi JJ :wave:

I can relate to Ivy problems Judy, I have it invading my garden from both sides. I spray it on sight, but the only solution is to cut it at ground level and spay any new leaves.

Have to decide on the March challenge yet. I have two candidates, one easy, one hard :confused:

I think I'll make it the easy one :lol:

OK I posted it HERE. (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19501509)

Incidentally if you want to be blown away by gorgeous floral watercolours check out the work of Jill Brooks (http://www.jillbrooks.net/galleries.html).

Doug

laudesan
03-01-2013, 03:34 AM
:wave: Bill, Doug.

I had the greatest pleasure today, of watching Elise get her Leadership Badge from school. She is in grade 7 and among one of 20 grade 7's who are leaders for the school. I am so proud. The equivalent when I was at school, was a school prefect, I think. I took photos, but they are on Tania's camera.

Island Nipper
03-01-2013, 06:08 AM
Hi everyone, bright grey day here, wind NE 10 knots gusting 23! Sea a bit lumpy.

Waiting for the foot man to arrive, nice to have my feet pampered.

Nurse came yesterday to syringe my ears, been putting drops in for 10 days, but wax would not budge, another 5 days of olive oil ears.

Henry, I hope all goes well for your wife.

To all with the snow, Brrrrr keep warm.

I am stuck with my present painting, trying to portray the slope of land down into a river valley, it looks flat and not sloping, I will have to post it in help section for advice or start another one.

My son in Plymouth has bought an old wreck of a boat, how I wish I could join in with the repairs.

The hospice doctor and nurse are coming next tuesday to look me over.
Have a good day everyone.

Ellen in Ont
03-01-2013, 06:25 AM
:wave: everyone,
March is coming in like a lion up here. The windchill is -28 right now.

I didn't get much done yesterday besides running errands and housework. I am working today so painting will have to wait until tomorrow.

No time to chat this morning so I'll see you all tomorrow.

Uschi
03-01-2013, 08:17 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

Dull, -5C and a NORTH:eek: wind.

DIL's grandfather died a couple of days ago and today is "the viewing" in a funeral home in Toronto. So that is where we are all going this morning and afternoon. He was 90 and had fairly advanced dimentia, his death is a blessing.

JJ, again, CONGRATULATIONS TO Elise. She is one accomplished young lady!!

Geoff, congratulations to your sale!!!

Henry, I agree with Sylvia, didn't think it was a good portrait of Lincoln.

Nipper Geoff, so your son has inherited your love for sailing, you can give him advice, if he wants it or not:) I am sure many people can give YOU advice for your hills.

Ivies :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: I have planted them EVERYWHERE and now they are EVERYWHERE.

Time to get ready, :wave: to all!!!

Uschi

WthrLady
03-01-2013, 08:22 AM
On the iPad so will keep it short.

Took many photos at the base greenhouse yesterday. I hope to get them posted for your use later today. It depends on how the uploaded is, or isn't, behaving.

Heading over to Doug's march challenge.

Have a great day all.

Btw, anyone heard from miss LONI recently?

olliewood0702
03-01-2013, 08:22 AM
Happy Friday,

It's gray and windy here, COLD too. The weekend is supposed to be sunny and cold. No snow in the forecast through next week.:thumbsup: So I guess March is coming in like a lamb... I know we still have one or two good snow's before winter is over.

Doug that Jill Brooks is an AMAZING floral watercolor painter.:clap: Thanks for sharing her site. I was drooling...me being a floral gal. I think I'll do the challenge. Another tulip painting for me...can you tell I'm ready for Spring? I meant to tell you yesterday that my Aunt, the one I take workshops with FINALLY was able to get on WetCanvas! She is thrilled...she had to delete her old account and make a new one.:thumbsup:

Judy, I know the feeling; we have "the boyfriend" over sometimes too. Kaitlyn has been dating him for over a year now. We really like him; a great kid; it just doesn't seem like she's old enough; but she is the same age I was when my DH and I dated. They usually see each other at school and on Saturdays.

The girls were over last night for dinner.

Tonight is usually Larry's and my movie night...but he will have to go to bed early because he has to work tomorrow and Sunday. He has to be there at 5am so that comes early.

I don't have much planned for the weekend, cleaning and painting I hope. Jen works the weekend and I guess Matt went back to work today so I'm hoping he's not working weekends yet; because that would meanthat most of my weekends would be spent babysitting again. Don't get me wrong I love my grands but watching an almost 2 year old is hard work.:rolleyes:

Geoff, I've never ever had a pedicure; but it's something that I've always wanted. I've always taken care of my own feet; cleaning, trimming, lotioning and painting the nails. Enjoy! YEs, do post your painting in the Learning forum. Give your son advice... and have him take pics to share with you of the progress on the boat.

Waving to Geoff as he goes caravanning; have fun!

Bill, no snow in the near future.:thumbsup:

JJ, boy Elise is sure making her Nana proud these days. I can see why you are so very proud of her. Wish we could see the pics.

I hope Annie is enjoying herself and has fun at the wedding.

Ellen, oh that is COLD...keep warm. I'm working today too but I'd much rather be painting.:rolleyes:

Uschi, I'm so sorry about your DIL's loss. Have a safe trip to the funeral.

Caryl, oh...more photo ref's that is great!I just asked that question the other day in the wash...no answer. She most be in the LONI still.

It's Girl Scout cookie time and I've ordered from 3 people!:eek: I guess the kids will be receiving some boxes of cookies.

Ivy is such a prolific bloomer and the vines are almost un-breakable!I feel sorry for anyone having it in their garden or on their house. I remember Sylvia saying that she has it too.

I hope you all have a great day today and a wonderful weekend.

BBL:wave: :heart:

shipbroker
03-01-2013, 09:15 AM
Afternoon all.

Saw you waving Darla!!

On site and relaxing and yawning too, after I have sorted the tv signal out may have a sleep.
geoff

Yorky
03-01-2013, 10:08 AM
I meant to tell you yesterday that my Aunt, the one I take workshops with FINALLY was able to get on WetCanvas! She is thrilled...she had to delete her old account and make a new one.
I saw her in the New Users forum and guessed as much :thumbsup:

Doug

JudyL
03-01-2013, 10:23 AM
:wave: Well the kids (DGD, DGS and the BF) have come and Jack is driving them to school, Lauren is taking 5 boxes of tissues (ie:kleanex) to school to get extra credit, and cannot carry them on her bike. I am on pick up duty, not sure if it will be a pizza night or not.

Nice day today, but we all would like some rain please.

I may take a turn at the March challenge, I have been wanting to get my brushes wet.

BBL

wcartistsr
03-01-2013, 10:25 AM
Hello to all. Sort of cloudy/bright out at the moment.
Painting scheduled for today and we take our artwork in tonight for the juried Guild show. Have three paintings to enter. Guess I will find out tomorrow if they got in or not.

Finished the table runner yesterday. I am taking a break before I tackle a chair pad for the desk chair.

Caryl, your palette box is lovely. Enjoy. Also that easel. My, that can take a big one.
Pat, glad you got your financial problems under control.
JJ, how proud you must be of Elise and her Leadership Badge. Looking forward to seeing a photo.
We had ivy at our other house and it was always growing up the trees and we had to keep it trimmed down. It was ground cover underneath. Needless to say we do NOT have it at this house.

Shirley

Yorky
03-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Hi folks! Theatre night tonight, A play called "Our Son Jack" at Southport Little Theatre. Pre theatre supper at a friend's.

Doug

Scene Chaser
03-01-2013, 11:20 AM
Good Day All,

Darla, no snow is good, but it will be cold for a few days.

JJ, congratulations to Elise. It's great that she knows you are proud of her.

What is it with boyfriends? I know, I met hundreds of teenage boys while teaching in the high school. The girls aren't all that much different either. If parents could only have witnessed what I saw and heard.

Doug and Ruth, enjoy your evening out.

Have a safe trip, Geoff.

Work to do,
Bill

alansam
03-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Thank you Doug you are so helpful. because.with your help..I managed the video down load ..saying It was done on a cheap camera bought on ebay it turned out ok in fact it was much easier taking with it, than using my video camera ,being so light the tripod was not strained with the weight and positioning was very easy ,
all the best to everyone . .and wet canvas for filling my days with a little bit of happiness

LynnM
03-01-2013, 11:52 AM
:wave: Good day everyone! Not bad out there today, but we have the North wind too, Uschi, had to put my hood up on my walk to the plaza. Thank goodness the hardware store had a box for me to wrap up my humidifier, can get it out of the house and have the replacement sent. Hope it gets here before the end of the 'dry indoor' season. So I'll be constructing a custom box today, plus getting ready to wear a costume to the Gallery opening tonight.

Bill, it's probably just as well that the parents didn't see what goes on at school....:) Three of my grandkids have significant others, I enjoy meeting them at the family parties, but thank goodness I don't have to deal with the rules and regulations! I really liked your last painting, finally got into the Gallery again.

Congratulations again to Elise, JJ, you are both right to be proud!

Good luck with your paintings, Shirley....I don't think you have to worry!

Love the challenge, Doug....maybe I'll get there. And that link to Jill Brooks, wow....how inspiring is that!

You should try a pedicure, Darla, it's a great feeling! I have to get mine done now....of course it doesn't have all the bells and whistles....because my back won't allow me to do it myself anymore. Have a lovely lady that I go to.

Enjoy yours, Nipper!

I hope you get your photos uploaded, Caryl, sounds interesting.

Condolences, Uschi, have a safe trip.

Hi Ellen, Judy, Geoff, Alan....I hope everyone has a rewarding day! :grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

kaypainter
03-01-2013, 12:35 PM
Hello everyone.

I just realized reading this wash that I forgot to say --

JJ congrats to Elise on both her swimming award and leadership badge.

Caryl -- what a great easel and your new paint box looks super.

Carolynn congrats on going back to work. I know how you love it so.

Shirley I forgot to say how beautiful your chair pads and the pillows are. :crossfingers: for getting juried in.

I think my head is still attached to my shoulders. Some days not sure. :rolleyes:

Doug -- wow her paintings are beautiful. Have fun at the theatre tonight. I don't go nearly as much as I used to. I really should make more of an effort.

Hate to say it but there seem to be some glitches still with the site. When you click on the last post button it doesn't take you to the last post. At least it takes you to the last page. :cat:

Uschi so sorry for your DIL's loss.

Oh Ellen -- :eek: :eek: I guess it's all in what you are used to.

:crossfingers: Lynn that you get your humidifier back in time. I spent last night looking at air conditioners on line. I do not want to be caught out like I was last year. Since it's been going up into the 80's F sporadically all winter I'm afraid we're in for a very hot spring and summer.

And you were once a teenage boy too, Bill. :clear: But I'm sure you were an :angel: :D

Nipper Geoff would love to see pix of the boat before and after. Good luck with the hospice Dr. and nurse.

Geoff glad you got away in the caravan. Hope you get some sleep.

Yes, I've been wondering about Nola too. Miss her cheery posts.

Well I must get ready for class. And no, I haven't taken pix of the new pieces yet. It's just been one of those weeks. Loads of dishes, laundry, cooking, errands. Totally boring. And I must read a script for an audition.

:wave: :wave: and HAWLTAIN

Kay

LynnM
03-01-2013, 01:07 PM
Yes, Kay, I had the same dilemma last year, finally got an A/C that I like, has to go through the wall, so of course they are the most expensive! Good luck with your search :crossfingers: And good luck with the up coming audition.

Scene Chaser
03-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Kay :lol: Yes, you are right! I was a teenager but life and respect for others was much different in my day. We would never have dreamed of shouting profanities or wearing inappropriate clothing to school. I did speed a little too fast with my dad's car and kiss the girls (not at the same time) but I honestly cannot remember behaving, in the least, the way some kids do today. If you ever go to a prom as a chaperone, you will be shocked.

Lyn, thanks so much for your kind words re my painting.
Bill

Flattwo
03-01-2013, 04:31 PM
Hi to All

I am thinking of varnishing a watercolour, what type of fixitive would you folks suggest?

Bill, I agree with you 100% I cannot bear to hear a teenage girl swear, it makes me cringe!

Henry

PS kissing girls was a healthy pastime, before computer games were invented :lol:

Uschi
03-01-2013, 05:11 PM
I'm back. Gray in gray sky turned into beautiful blue most of the day. VERY cold north wind though.

The "viewing" was good, because of his age most of Roy's friends had gone before him so it was mostly family which I knew well. Thought it was interesting because at big family gatherings Roy would chat, then eat and then promptly fall asleep. So here we were eating and chatting away while Roy was quite visible and sleeping, in his coffin:)

Lynn, that wind is quite nippy:eek: Enjoy the opening!!!

Kay :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: for your audition. At this point in my life I would find it very hard to get through our summers without AC.

Alan, can we see the video somewhere????

Bill, what a shame that you had such disappointing experiences with our youth.

Shirley, good luck with your paintings; they are berautiful, if not accepted the people must be blind.

Judy and Darla, don't let your teens out of sight:evil: :lol:

Darla, pedicures are really nice. Mind you, the good salons use so many coatings of hardeners that you cannot get the polish off your nails with ordinary remover. I HAD to let them grow out. Soon it is time to start again:)

Doug, enjoy your theater performance and I am sure you will enjoy the dinner with your friends. Nice Monthly challenge!!

Geoff, You sound happy, must be the caravan:)

Caryl, will check out your newest photos (thanks!)and your paint box is positively cute:)

:wave: Uschi

shipbroker
03-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Evening all....

Done little today a meal and a drink in the caravan nothing more, no sleep but maybes that comes soon!!

See you later ( or that should be earlier),

geoff

Yorky
03-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Well, it was a terrific performance about Rudyard Kipling forcing his 18 year old son to go in the army and his subsequent death when they went "over thee top" in France at the age of 18 years 4 months. Rudyard was an active campaigner for young people to enlist. Very moving.

Henry, look in the Handbook for Char's and Ona's Gallery Wrapped threads.

Doug

Scene Chaser
03-01-2013, 07:22 PM
Uschi, I had many more great experiences than bad. Just saying, it ain't like it use to be.
Bill

WthrLady
03-01-2013, 09:29 PM
Photos not uploaded yet

JudyL
03-02-2013, 01:12 AM
Well "Pizza Night" turned into "Jack in the Box and ice cream" night. We went over to the rental place, and "helped" Jack with the foliage, the exciting part was when they found a snake (harmless) I did lots of driving back and forth for ice cream first :eek: and then again for the fast food.

We then drove the grand kids home, Jen and Kevin were rear ended on the freeway this morning. Some #%$?! female tried to squeeze in a tiny little place between J & K and a truck, who could not stop. They think the van will be totalled since it is a bit on the elderly side. Kids seem to be ok and the van is driveable, but BOY is Kevin mad! They had the pizza.

The BF got a ride home in the Z3, (he really is a nice guy, but.....you know not nearly good enough for Lauren.

Later :wave: