PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Thursday 28th February 2013 **

shipbroker
02-27-2013, 11:59 PM
Morning all.

Looked in a couple of hours ago but decided would flirt with the blue ears!

Gas been a bright moonlit night here and no doubt a frost to match, so will be cool on golf course later.

shopping this afternoon as caravanning tomorrow.

geoff

JudyL
02-28-2013, 12:15 AM
There are days when I miss the UK more than others, today was one...almost!
Even if it is February, and that is the worst month to be in England!

I do love my grandchildren BUT there are days :rolleyes: today, Lauren and Spencer rode off to school on their bikes (actually Spencer wanted to get a ride but I reminded him I might not be home to pick him up. It turned out he finds the bike seat to hard on his tush) Anyway Lauren texts us, her bike blew the inner tube and will need a ride home :( then we wait at home for Spencer and wait Dad came over, Lauren and I go to get a new inner tube, saw Spencer walking, lost his bike lock key we all go to the bike shop, get inner tube and a cushy seat cover... there's more but you get the idea. Love the little monsters but there are days. I did not get anything done.

There is always tomorrow.

Terranova
02-28-2013, 01:51 AM
Good morning Geoff and Judy!

Wishing you loads of relax and fun at the golf course! For me, it's always a kind of vacation, when I visit it :)

But it would be too cold for me today...
Although we have a beautiful morning: birds are singing as if it were spring and sun rises earlier than on other days :)

Judy, I can understand you too well:
I have a 3yrs granddaughter + grand-twins of 6 months. I love it when they are here (aprox. 2-3 times a week), but sometimes I also love it, when they are back home in the evenings, because I'm completely exhausted :D

There are only advantages in being grandparents, I think :D

doppler
02-28-2013, 01:57 AM
Good evening Geoff and Judy and all to follow.

Work done and new Gouache Corner posted. May have even inspired myself. :lol:
Its put in early as I'm going to Victoria tomorrow for a nieces wedding. Will be back Sunday.
I've done everything I need to for Roger and the cats to batch it. Still haven't packed but that will be quick and easy. :crossfingers: Weather down there looks like it will behave too.

BBL:wave:

Yorky
02-28-2013, 02:35 AM
Good morning from a chilly West Lancashire. It has been a clear night and it is hovering around freezing.

Some things are not working as they should on the site, must investigate.

Have a good round Geoff.

have a good wedding Annie.

((Judy)) sounds like a trying day :heart:

Hi Gaby :wave:

Art class this morning we will be painting Tulips from KreativeKay's class (much edited).

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Feb-2013/1046-Tulips.jpg

Doug

doppler
02-28-2013, 03:14 AM
That is stand out BEAUTIFUL Doug.

Yorky
02-28-2013, 03:17 AM
It's an edited photo Annie :heart:

Here's Kay's reference:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Feb-2009/11698-AValentineofTulipswPalette.jpg

Doug

doppler
02-28-2013, 03:44 AM
Shucks, Doug. I thought it were a painting.:heart:

Well, packing is done and I'm wearing a skirt :eek: on the night of the great wedding. Lovely black satin flowing thing that I forgot I had. Got stockings too. What was I thinking of with those black pants? They'll do for work though. The new top is still pleasing to eye at this stage and I found some very nice comfortable and was once stylish patent leather shoes in the fetish cupboard. Made a mental note about WHAT??? Where did they come from? The land of handy I suspect. Another mental note ... DO NOT HOARD. :angel: None of the contents is suitable for mowing but they do give me joy.

Spaghetti Bol tonight. Last lovingly reheated meal for Roger for days! :clear: There's plenty of man food in the fridge and some nutrients as well. :wave:

Yorky
02-28-2013, 03:50 AM
Spag bol here Annie is likely to have been last in the 4.30 at Cheltenham :lol:

Doug

Lulu
02-28-2013, 04:00 AM
Evening everyone:wave:

Enjoy the wedding Annie!

Tired Tess here......Busy day filing/sorting photos on my computer in between customers lol Two more days, it is the most restful place to 'work'.

Just out of a long soak in the bath, so off now to bed :wave:

ps Doug I did notice your absence yesterday, but just thought you were in the naughty corner still :p lol

laudesan
02-28-2013, 05:48 AM
:wave:

:grouphug:

Scene Chaser
02-28-2013, 06:49 AM
Good Day All,

Have a good round, Geoff. We still have snow on the ground but melting rapidly.

Judy, Gabby, I am blessed without grandchildren. But, I enjoy those of others.

Annie, enjoy the wedding. How about a photo of you in that black gown?
Love black on a lady.

Doug, that will be a good class. Someday I will paint flowers.
Glad you remember to show yourself today. :)

HI JJ, Lulu.

Financial stuff to do today. I hate paperwork.
Bill

Uschi
02-28-2013, 08:06 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!

It is 0C, and everything is dead still, not even a whisper of wind. This is what I woke up to, was the same yesterday morning, then it melted and over night this view reappeared. The impact is quite magical, much more so then on the photos.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Feb-2013/10602-IMG_0850.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Feb-2013/10602-IMG_0851.JPG

Apart from walking my half hour in the gym I have no plans for the day yet.

Judy, I was wondering what they did when you were in England:)

Lulu, do you get a lot of business in the gallery??

Also, Annie, how is the gallery at your place doing?? Can't go wrong with a flowing black skirt and a nice blouse - ENJOY!!!

Doug, you cleaned that photo up nicely:thumbsup:

BBL until then :wave: to all here!!

Uschi

shipbroker
02-28-2013, 08:07 AM
My friends garden...........Southern Spain near Benidorm today.....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Feb-2013/84585-pego1.jpg

So not only North America & Canada...........

geoff

Uschi
02-28-2013, 08:22 AM
Geoff, a fair number of Canadians go to Spain and Portugal to overwinter, they must be in shock:eek: :lol:

Uschi

Wind Song
02-28-2013, 08:34 AM
Hi Everyone:wave:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Feb-2013/54618-tulips_and_Monet_2012_278.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Feb-2013/54618-tulips_and_Monet_2012_277.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Feb-2013/54618-tulips_and_Monet_2012_276.jpg

Have a great one!

painterbear
02-28-2013, 08:42 AM
Good Morning all,
It is just past 8:30 a.m. here in snowy Oakwood. Very light flakes falling, snow on the grassy areas but not the roadways or sidewalks. Nothing major in the forecast, which is good. :D

Thinking of my Mom today. This would have been her 98th birthday. :heart:

My visit to the doctor went well yesterday...all my test results were within the target range for each of them including the A1C! So I'm a happy camper today. :D

Hope to work on my orchid painting today. It's been sitting on the shelf since Monday. :o

Uschi, Winter wonderland indeed. :D

Annie, I second Bill's suggestion of seeing you all dressed up in your wedding guest finery! :thumbsup:

Judy, Hmmmm, how did they ever manage when you were living in England???? Hmmmmmm. ;)

Doug, I remember painting that reference a long time ago. I must have been in Kay's class. :lol:

:wave: to all who were here before me and to those still on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

Ellen in Ont
02-28-2013, 08:45 AM
:wave: everyone,
Those snow pictures look like every day here for about six or seven months of the year. This year we have a huge amount of snow with the piles on the sides of the roads about 10 feet high in places. I hope snow removal gets to our street soon. At least I figured out the snow blower yesterday so I won't be trapped in the house when the plows go by the end of the driveway and push a bank three feet high of ice chunks and heavy packed snow across it. :rolleyes:

It sounds like everyone is keeping busy. My plans for the day are a trip to Walmart, do some painting, and catch up on laundry. I work again tomorrow.

No other news from here so I'll go make a cup of coffee and check my emails, pay some bills etc. such excitement. :wink2:

Have a great day everyone.

olliewood0702
02-28-2013, 09:02 AM
Happy Thursday Washers,

It's 33F here and it was slick driving into work this morning. I HATE when people have to be right on your rear bumper when it's slippery.:o You just wait for them to rear-end you. UGH...:confused:

Since I'm wearing heels today I wore my boots...I don't need to fall and break something....most especially my pride.:lol:

Annie, have a WONDERFUL time at the wedding. Your outfit sounds very elegant. A pic would be nice.

I awoke with a headache, slept with a kinked neck I think.

We stopped to see Klaira last evening while out on errands. It had been TWO WEEKS since I'd seen her.:rolleyes: She ran right to me and put her arms up for me to pick her up. I had plenty of Nana giggles, kisses and hugs. She smelled delicious; she'd just gotten out of the bath. What a cutie. We see the older girls a couple of times a week because they come to our house after school but Klaira just gets picked up from daycare and taken home.

Larry has to work both Saturday and Sunday this weekend. So I will clean house on Saturday and then hopefully paint. Retirement is sounding so appealing to us both; but we have 10 years to go! We'll get there........:crossfingers:

GEoff, I hope you enjoyed your golf game. Caravanning whoohoo!

Doug, I've always loved that photo by KreativeKay! It's gorgeous; I'm sure your students will love it too.

Uschi, what lovely pics; a virtual Winter Wonderland!

JJ...:wave: :heart:

Judy....don't I just KNOW what you are saying! We gotta luv em.

Bill, paperwork? Yuck; I just did some last evening. Necessary stuff.

Terranova, grands.....we all are in the same boat...

Sharon....gorgeous photos! Love Monet looking out the window...contemplating running through all that white stuff.:D

Sylvia, good for you; with your numbers all being good! Way to go!:thumbsup:

Ellen, have a GREAT day off!

I hope you all have a most wonderful ARTISTIC day!

BBL
:wave: :grouphug:

Yorky
02-28-2013, 09:03 AM
Just watched a moving TED Talk (http://www.ted.com/talks/wade_davis_gorgeous_photos_of_a_backyard_wilderness_worth_saving.html) about development proposals fro the north wets wilderness in Canada. I hope something can be done.

Doug

WthrLady
02-28-2013, 09:50 AM
Morning all.
Sylvia- did you see that if sequestration kicks in tomorrow,our commissaries will be closed on Wednesdays starting at the end of March!? I know WP's commissary isn't closed Mondays as well, but most are. ours will now be closed Monday and Wednesdays!

Going to try to get something on the board today.

The snow photos sure are pretty!

Try to find time for fun today everyone!

JudyL
02-28-2013, 10:50 AM
:smug: Hi again :wave:

What did they do when we were still in Knaresborough? Well the kids took the bus to school and back, not bad, but they were alone on the farm (?) it's a bit bleak out there, so were alone from 3ish till someone got home. Not ideal but it worked, problem was they were going to have to pay $400 for the honor of having a bus ride. So, when we moved about 2 miles to the school instead of the 7 miles they had to go, we agreed to have them dropped off in the morning and they got bikes to ride to school. We did get bus tickets they could use when we are away. It is nice to get reacquainted, we did miss a lot while away.

But it's not ususally a problem I know that Jen & Kev really appreciate it when we need to pick up a sick kid or deal with blown tire etc. and we are really glad to do it and love having the kids daily. But there are days.....that is when we plan a trip for instance our 45th anniversary is on 17 March and I have been thinking of a trip to eighther SF or maybe Carmel. Last year we went to Asilomar there and it was beautiful. Any suggestions?

kaypainter
02-28-2013, 12:23 PM
Oh Judy -- lots of beautiful places to go! You could go north on the coast to one of the spa towns, Calistoga, which I've been to, or Vichy (http://www.vichysprings.com), which my brother and SIL have been to, or any of the places along the coast in Sonoma (http://www.visitcalifornia.com/Trip-Ideas/Taste-the-Old-and-the-New/) -- Sebastopol or out to Bodega Bay. Or you could go east to the gold country (http://www.visitcalifornia.com/Trip-Ideas/Indulge-in-Fun-and-Fancy/). Lots of great places to visit there -- Columbia, Sonora, Twain Harte. Or north to Trinity/Shasta (http://www.visitcalifornia.com/Explore/Shasta-Cascade/) -- gorgeous country there. Or north east up to Lassen (http://www.nps.gov/lavo/naturescience/birds.htm). No shortage of beautiful places to visit in Northern California. From where you live most of them should be within a two to three hour drive or less.

:thumbsup: Sylvia for your numbers.

Sharon, Uschi, I must be turning into JJ. Love the snow photos. It's supposed to hit 80F here. :(

Geoff -- snow in southern Spain. :eek: That must be a shock to the system down there.

Annie you've probably left by now, but enjoy your wedding. I bet you look stunning. And see the rewards of hoarding? You had an outfit ready and waiting.

Bill enjoy your paper work -- not. Hope you can get in some fun later.

Awww Darla, nana giggles sound like fun.

Doug that looks like a fun challenge for your students.

Well I really need to get going. I've been putting off some errands. There are just days when I don't feel like driving all over town. But needs must at some point.

At the risk of annoying everyone I will repeat this if you didn't see it yesterday:

Gail and all people with dogs and birds or who feed wild birds -- I found out there has been a recall on some types of dog and bird food because of salmonella contamination.
Here's the link: https://www.avma.org/news/issues/rec...ls-alerts.aspx

Uschi
02-28-2013, 12:41 PM
sun is trying to come out but not very successful at it. Most trees and bushes are back to naked again.

Judy, that makes perfect sense!!!

Kay, yes, it is pretty and even prettier is when suddenly just about every bush and flower start blooming and the trees magically turn green all at the same time (in May LOL)

Sylvia, :clap: :clap: for results!!

Darla, lovely that you got to see Klaira:heart:

Ellen, yes you must be shaking your head at our excitement over that bit of snow:lol: I too am having a non productive day.

Time for lunch!

:wave: Uschi

LynnM
02-28-2013, 02:12 PM
:wave: Snow gently falling as I walked down to the Gallery this AM, mild and lovely! A productive morning, typing labels for the new show going up tomorrow night. 2/3 of the gallery is given over to Todd Ainslie (http://www.akimbo.ca/30996) who does pinhole photography, and his subject is the locations in Eastern Canada and the States where the war of 1812 battles took place. They are black and white, beautifully presented, he has manged to capture some of the ambiance of these historic sites. Most interesting to me, and I have been asked to go in costume.....should be a fun evening!

Super list of great places, Kay, I've seen some of them, would love to tour Northern California again.

Lovely snow pictures, Sharon and Uschi! Poor Spain, Geoff!

Sylvia :thumbsup:

That's a lovely reference, Doug, would be interesting to see what your students do with it!

Love your new paint box, Caryl, I was drooling over those, too.....not happening here!

OK, time to get something done here, as Char would say, to shovel up the floor.....though I suspect her place would never need it like mine does :lol:

Have a good rest of the day everyone! :grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

Europa
02-28-2013, 02:16 PM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!!

Well I got a bit of a surprise yesterday whilst watching The Chase - the first contestant up introduced herself as Scarlett from Blackpool - I kept looking at her thinking - I know her....then I realised she was in my class at school and her name was Celia :eek: -----wonder why she changed her name suddenly.......lol.

Good News - we have managed to sort out the glich with the company....initially what it was was the guy who has the plate that is on our cab decided he was retiring and more or less demanded the full money for the plate knowing full well we were not in a position to do so - he then decided he wanted us to pay rent weekly then when we had the money to pay him in full (15000) which would have added a further 4000 onto the price....so nearly $20,000

Our John was furious - he has been friends with the guy for over 20 years - helped him when he was down on his luck buying him groceries etc. Part of the agreement we had with him was that he paid half the maintenance on the hackney - our John didn't give him any of the bills from last year as the guy had been in hospital a couple of times. Also he was on his last legs and in danger of losing the plate when he came to us cap in hand about us buying a hackney - which we did and which we are still paying for.

So we had no choice but to start paying him the weekly money as without the cab we have no cash flow - however we have done a deal today with someone else who has a hackney plate and who is willing for us to pay the same weekly rate which will go towards reduciing the cost of the plate. Once it is all in writing our John is going to go to his 'friend' and give him his plate back and also give him the bill for all the maintenance work that we had done on the hackney while he was off - totalling over 3000 - if he doesn't pay in 10 days we will take him to court.

Also if he doesn't sell or rent the plate within 3 weeks then he has to return it to the council and won't get any money whatsoever. I hope that is what happens - for someone who was classed as a member of the family to be so mercenary - abusive and vindictive is unforgivable. He has picked on the wrong people so we will pin the %&$&% to the wall.

Ok rant over.....lol....so things are looking ok at the moment - still bills to pay etc but we are getting there slowly but surely.

Better go and see to tea - am going to say......what Darla said......love the pics but you can keep your snow btw thanks.

Waving to everyone :wave:

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

shipbroker
02-28-2013, 02:21 PM
Evening all......

Pat, a sorry state indeed hopefully some solution will arrive soon.

Last week I gave you a 1960's clip but here is something for the even older members of WC.....this is a routine at a Friars Club Meeting........brilliant stuff.

http://videos2view.net/Hope-Cagney.htm

enjoy

geoff

Flattwo
02-28-2013, 03:16 PM
Hi to All

Tired tonight after nearly a full day at the hospital where my wife was getting a bone scan. After the initial injection of radio active material we had to wiat nearly 4 hours for the stuff to go through her system, all very stressful.
I took the opportunity to visit a gallery owner friend, John Spinelli, who has his business near the hospital, I got him to cut me 3 80 x 60 cm mounts for paintings I am putting into a show next week, no friends discount though!
He has done a super painting of Pesident Lincoln, here is a link to his gallery showing the piece
http://www.facebook.com/BishopbriggsGalleryPictureFramers?ref=stream&filter=1

I used to sell a few paintings from his gallery a while back, and might do again in the future

Speak later

Henry

shipbroker
02-28-2013, 03:46 PM
Have just had a message on my iPod saying another acrylic sold. This is one I reduced last August as nobody had shown interest.

Four of last five paintings sold have gone to London,all four to ladies and all four to Indian names.......strange.

geoff

Yorky
02-28-2013, 03:52 PM
Congratulations Geoff, a good turnover.

Doug

Flattwo
02-28-2013, 03:53 PM
Well done Geoff!

Henry

painterbear
02-28-2013, 09:00 PM
Sorry, Henry, I've seen many images of President Lincoln in art and statues, and I don't think your friend has quite captured his likeness. :angel:

Congratulations on the sales, Geoff!

:wave: to all,

SYTomorrow.

Sylvia

laudesan
02-28-2013, 11:19 PM
I absolutely love the snow photos, thank you so very much for posting.... :heart: