PDA

View Full Version : Calling Yorky, Calling PainterBear! Is it Me or WetCanvas?

M.L. Schaefer
02-27-2013, 07:47 PM
So, I wanted to send a PM. I used to be able to just hold my cursor over the artist's name (or Right Click it, I've forgotten)...the same with the Thread Tools, etc.

Now I have to Left Click, select Open and go from there. So, if anyone else is having trouble right-clicking just left click and select.

I'm hoping it's my new computer...(but it IS so nice!)........

:heart: Margarete

janinco
02-27-2013, 08:10 PM
I've always had to left click and then select either email or private message.

Jan

M.L. Schaefer
02-27-2013, 08:34 PM
Good to know! At least my computer is not on the blink!

Thanks, Jan!

WthrLady
02-27-2013, 08:36 PM
same as Jan :) but adding in that it is NOT working for me at the moment

charliez
02-27-2013, 08:41 PM
I think it depends on the browser you are using...
in some you have to left click, in others you just
"hover"... also, a browser can change the way
it behaves after an "upgrade".

Yorky
02-28-2013, 01:40 AM
I'm on my ipad at the moment, but you are right it has changed. On the ipad I have to hold down and select Open first.

I'll investigate whennI get up.

Doug

Yorky
02-28-2013, 03:08 AM
Well, I'm now using Firefox on my laptop and things seem OK so far.

Doug

Yorky
02-28-2013, 01:35 PM
Have you updated your OS or browser recently?

Doug

M.L. Schaefer
02-28-2013, 01:36 PM
Doug, I was just sending another P.M. from the Private Message screen...I was always able to type part of the name, and an auto complete would begin, where it would give you a choice of which member..that doesn't work either. BUT with my new computer, there was an option of do you wish to auto complete....I have the "no" checked. That may be changing the way that Wet Canvas is working for me now and how it worked in the past. When I get back from the store and doing the little errands I have to do today, I will check that out.....I found the not having options for completing the name quite difficult, and I'm hoping that changing my computer settings will fix that. I'll let you know.

WthrLady
02-28-2013, 01:38 PM
Can't tap to pm from my iPad any more either.

M.L. Schaefer
02-28-2013, 01:54 PM
I just changed my autocomplete on my computer, restarted, and NOPE it didn't work. I can live with the Left Clicks, but I don't want to rely on my memory for sending a PM...a lot of folk might start to wonder "who is this?!" when they receive a message...and having to find my Member-friend's name by searching through the Forums seems like a waste of valuable painting time!

Doug, I did change my computer, that's why I investigated my computer settings....but it seems to me that the WetCanvas PM function of giving name options when sending a New Message should still be the same... I now have Explorer 8, but that still shouldn't stop the WetCanvas function, should it? No computer geek here, so I have NO idea. :)

Yorky
02-28-2013, 02:00 PM
OK I tried Chrome and IE9 an didn't get the suggested member names, but in Firefox 19 I do get the suggested names list.

Doug

Brian Barnes
03-01-2013, 12:35 AM
I wondered what on earth the problem was ... so I tried it. I left clicked on the name and got the pop-down listing pm among other things. Same as before. Then I tried clicking on the button next to the name. Got same pop-down. (I don't remember that button ever being there before.)

After signing in, I tried again. The procedure didn't work any more.:( Left-clicking the name or button did nothing.

Now I know what you're talking about. :confused:

BrianB