PDA

View Full Version : Sketching in Timor Leste a bus full of people!

Mostho
02-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Sketching in Timor Leste a bus full of people: this is one of my sketching made while I was driving. I mean, I was always with my camera or my phone taking picture of interesting subjects. And I mean everything is interesting for people like me that is loving other cultures and places.
I've to be honest: this is a very common picture on my mind because it's also a very common picture to see in all poor countries I was deployed, but especially in Africa where all the fantasies are coming reality. And since I'm sketching, I prefer to show my very personal sketches and not pictures.
So I took several pictures of this fascinating subject while I was in idle on the side of the street or stopped at the traffic light. Then I went to my room and I sketched this scene of people on the bus, more, spilling over the bus. I just let imagine how much people was inside in the bus (that is obviously without air conditioning) in a tropical weather where the air temperature is always far over 30C and the humidity is always around 90%.
Here in Timor Leste I found several and very colorful bus. A rainbow of variation about the subject: different colors of the body, glamorous stickers sticked on the bus, different emptiness... I have to say that I'm love for this subject and so I shoot different picture on the matter and sketched some more.
http://www.broworkshop.com/sketching/wp-content/uploads/Sketching-in-Timor-Leste-19-bus-full-of-people.jpg (http://www.broworkshop.com/sketching/wp-content/uploads/Sketching-in-Timor-Leste-19-bus-full-of-people.jpg)

Cheers!

RainySea
02-26-2013, 06:38 PM
A very nice, bright sketch page! I had to look the location up on a map, as I had never heard of Timor Leste. Closest I have been to there is when my ex and I went to the Philippines many years ago. But I did see similar sights, crowded and overloaded buses and jeepneys as well as those tricycles and even motorcycles with multiple people packed onto them! And the exhaust fumes, I really remember those. WHEW.

Nice sketch!

DrDebby
02-26-2013, 07:41 PM
Fascinating. Great sketch.

vhere
02-27-2013, 04:14 AM
Great sketch :)

eyepaint
02-28-2013, 11:13 AM
I can feel the heat. Great job.

Mostho
03-16-2013, 02:09 PM
Thanks a lot! Not my best sketch but I remember very vividly those moments. That's the way I sketch mainly...
:)

Cheers!

Joan T
03-16-2013, 10:13 PM
Your travel sketches are so good!