PDA

View Full Version : The ballerina

parikk
02-25-2013, 11:34 AM
I have finished the painting "splash" and post it soon. In the meantime I got inspired by a picture in one of the older pastel challenges and have been working on it. Please let me know your comments and suggestions on this :) thank you
Parikhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Feb-2013/1189060-image.jpg

Pat Isaac
02-25-2013, 11:39 AM
Nicely done. This is a hard pose to capture with all the forshortening, but you have the gesture. I do like the sheer fabric rendering on her arms. You might want to work on the hands a little, as they seem small.

Pat

parikk
02-25-2013, 11:51 AM
Thanks a lot for the feedback Pat. Yes I have been staring at it for sometime and could not figure it out. Yes I think the hands are too thin and comparatively small.

Sometimes, I just find it hard to stop and say its done as you start obsessing over details :) .......not complaining...I think its actually good in some ways

Flycatcher10
03-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Hi Parik, very nice - really wonderful ballerina. So glad to see you post here and sorry I've missed this. You've achieved real nice body form and wonderful work on the tutu, as Pat said the transparency for her sleeves is very good. I agree about the hands, a little bigger - hands from what I gather is the hardest portion of a body part to get, but you have the gesture for tying her slippers (like the ribbon too!).

SammyH
03-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Parik, your ballerina looks really good and pops against that dark background. I also like the sheer fabric on her arms and the wonderful colors you used on her tutu and stockings. Very nice painting.

CarlyHardy
03-06-2013, 05:05 PM
Really nice painting! Wish you had forgotten the brick wall and continued with the dark background. She would stand out more.

parikk
04-03-2013, 03:06 PM
Carly, thank you for your comment. Yes I probably should have left it. I am learning how to gradually ignore some aspects to enhance a painting.