PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Monday 25th February 2013**

shipbroker
02-24-2013, 09:37 PM
Good Morning all.

Looks like another Kewpie Doll then??

Lulu, even with my known mastery of Maori tongues that is some name, will have to practice more before I come over there, should it happen

Today it is hunt the builder day and also get all the final bills paid against my Mothers Estate, which has been pretty seamless really

geoff

Lulu
02-25-2013, 12:31 AM
The kewpies are all yours Geoff lol
The Maori place name certainly doesn't roll off my tongue easily either! I'm sure the locals use a shortened version.
If/when you come to NZ, don't come in December, make it February, it's our most settled summer month, although I have to say that this summer has been exceptional right from early December to now, another warm still day today at 30C. I don't mind though, without the high humidity.

Went over to Hamilton today to have my hand/thumb checked, making good progress. Another 5-6 weeks at least but it looks like we're headed in the right direction :thumbsup: .

Yorky
02-25-2013, 01:56 AM
Yup! Another kewpie for being first up Geoff :)

Hi Lulu, good to hear your hand is healing.

Up early to see Peter off, he is working in North Wales until he flies to Germany on Wednesday. He is likely to be over here for work more often this year :thumbsup:

Doug

doppler
02-25-2013, 02:32 AM
Good evening from a dripping wet squelching sodden Sunshine State.

Another 24 hours of rain predicted. The landslips from a few weeks ago are looking a little like they may be reactivated in this. Dodging small rocks on the road. I'll go to work tomorrow and see how far I get before I have to turn back, unless of course Roger rings me and says don't bother. :angel: He leaves first.:clear: On the other hand I just might bottle out and stay home anyway. Decisions, decisions. I just don't want both of us trapped off the mountain and the cats here alone.

Hope JJ with her collapsed retaining wall is OK :heart:

Geoff, it is good to be a collector.

Lulu, that place name is :eek: . I remember Roger said that there is someplace in NZ called why kick a moo cow? He spent nine years in Whangerai (sp?)

Doug, glad you will be both seeing more of Peter.

STILL haven't finished the musk lorikeet painting. Slapping side of head icon.

It's quite cool so I think something hearty for dinner tonight.

:wave:

shipbroker
02-25-2013, 02:34 AM
Morning again,

Did get another couple of hours eventually so not too bad

Lulu, if we did come this year it would be cruising via OZ and would be November start as they only have then or May. Lots of building work to do here before we make a decision anyway!!

geoff

Lulu
02-25-2013, 04:04 AM
Lulu, . I remember Roger said that there is someplace in NZ called why kick a moo cow? He spent nine years in Whangerai (sp?)

Here you are Annie, Waikikamukau (Waikikamukau)and it is Whangarei so you were close!:)

Hi Doug:wave:

Geoff, ok, gotcha :thumbsup:

Both of us feel a bit tired tonight.......funny that :) Off for an early night, John will be working for the next few days, as I will be 3 days in a row later in the week.

Nite all :wave:

doppler
02-25-2013, 04:27 AM
All with the wh pronounced as an F.Truly folks.:angel:

I'm off to snooze now. Roger wants to watch Top Gear. :rolleyes: Valium to me anyways :wave:

Lulu
02-25-2013, 04:34 AM
All with the wh pronounced as an F.Truly folks.:angel:

...and the a pronounced as a u.........as in up...;) :angel:

Actually the wh depends on dialect, sometimes it's an f sound, others it's a ffwww:D

Lulu
02-25-2013, 04:37 AM
...and the a pronounced as a u.........as in up...;) :angel:

Actually the wh depends on dialect, sometimes it's an f sound, others it's a ffww:D

zzzzzz:wave:

doppler
02-25-2013, 04:38 AM
Just learning Lulu :heart::thumbsup: :lol:

Scene Chaser
02-25-2013, 05:09 AM
Good Day All,
Iím between sleeps, I hope.

Geoff, good to go back for more sleep if possible.

Lulu, glad your hand is healing properly. A couple of years ago my left hand was bandaged for several weeks, and it did complicate life; fortunately I am right handed.

Doug, nice that you and Ruth will see Peter more often.

Annie, I think staying home is the best decision. :cat:

We hope to make an appointment to have the car serviced today, as our coupon expires Friday, and we are expecting seven inches of snow starting tomorrow.

I have posted a new painting (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1309097) if you care to look.

Bill

Maffet
02-25-2013, 05:10 AM
Good morning to all!

gray morning in Prague. Something for birds lovers here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgx-g4Uw64g
This is very short (only 20sec.) video from saturday morning and it's only
half of this gang. Usually there is about 25 little birds and they are fighting
very hard. It's fun to watch them.

Well.. funny weekend. My mum decied to take me to "stone and mineral" museum which is far from city by bus and some walk. Fun was that she
decieded that ideal moment for a walk in nature is a .. when outside is a snow storm. :D
We eneded walking in a high snow and white darkness like in a middle
of Siberia and rest of weekend I hardly tried to return myself from a "snowman" state into human shape. I survived. :-) But it was fun.

I did some paiting during weekend but it was very commercial book cover, so I will probably not post it here on wetcanvas. :-)

Ellen in Ont
02-25-2013, 05:43 AM
:wave: everyone,
Just popping in for a minute before heading out the door to work. I am finally interested again in painting and now I'll be too busy for a few days. :rolleyes:

Not much news so I'll just wish everyone a great start to the week.

Scene Chaser
02-25-2013, 07:06 AM
Well, the dealership squeezed us in for a wheel alignment. The only day available before the big storm. I'm tired of these things.
Bill

Uschi
02-25-2013, 08:15 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

Weather once again gray in gray, temperature 0C.

The forecast for lots of snow tomorrow may end up being lots of rain, we'll see.

No table tennis again today because my appointment for the CT scan for the blocked artery in my thigh is at exactly the same time:crying: Also have to do some grocery shopping and apart from that no plans.

Doug, re Peter's visits - that must be very pleasing to you and Ruth.

Ellen, painting is coming along nicely!!

Bill, lovely subject and lovely painting!!!!! Glad they could fit you in at the garage.

Annie, do whatever keeps you safe:crossfingers:

Lulu, good report about your thumb:thumbsup:

Geoff, Jana, :wave: to you!!

Uschi

CharM
02-25-2013, 08:31 AM
Happy Beginning to a Fresh New Week, Washers! The sun is out this morning which is a wonderful way to greet the day. It's only a little cold at -5. We're bracing for another winter storm on the way to us by tomorrow.

Just as we were heading out to buy groceries yesterday, friends dropped by for coffee. So, we didn't get out of the house till after lunch. The store was packed and it took much longer to maneuver the aisles... but, groceries were got and put away. Laundry was done and put away. All in all, chores accomplished. Nurse Matt worked 3-11, so it was just two of us for dinner.

I'm a little bleary eyed this morning because we stayed up to watch the Oscars. I love award shows (and disaster movies).

All my Classes at home will be working on their Shadows. I have another of Em's marble references drawn out and ready to go. It's interesting, btw, that if I traced her image, those marbles aren't completely round. I had gathered all kinds of round objects to ensure that my marbles are, indeed, rolly polly!

Geoff, are you keeping all those kewpies dusted and organized? :)

Doug, how nice that you may be seeing much more of Peter during the year.

Annie, it's sure been a year of extremes for you. Like Bill, I hope you decided to stay home safe and sound.

I'm glad your hand is healing, Lulu... will you be working at the Gallery?

Your painting is another beauty, Bill... I like the boarded windows in the storefront and, of course, your shadows!

Jana, your wintery adventure with your Mom is now a happy memory! It's too bad you cannot share your book cover.

Ellen, I hadn't realized that you were mired in a dry spell... perhaps because you'd been sick and, always, so busy... your newest portrait does look great...

Uschi, I'd love to see your poppy paintings, btw. Good luck with your scan.

I'm going to enjoy a second cup of coffee before setting up for my Class. I hope that everyone has the very best possible day! :heart:

laudesan
02-25-2013, 09:12 AM
Annie, all this rain is not good.

The insurance company refuse to pay for the repairs to my retaining wall, because it is over 25 years old. They will pay me half the repairs to the boundary fence, and I have to fight my neighbour for the rest. I haven't spoken to him yet, I shall arm myself with relevant information first.

I am off to bed, it is past midnight..

olliewood0702
02-25-2013, 09:12 AM
Hello one and all,

Sun is shinging on this Beautiful Monday morning. Like Char and Bill said...a winter storm is bearing down on us for tomorrow. UGH...Oh Spring wherefore art thou?:confused:

We had a great weekend and it was so nice to spend some time with Josh.:thumbsup:

I didn't stay up to watch all of the Ocar's last night; we DVR'd it and I will fast forward through the commercials tonight and watch it. I thought many of the ladies chose beautiful gowns for the most part and the guys looked quite dapper.

We have to get groceries tonight as we didn't feel like going to the store when we got home yesterday in the early evening. So tonight...it is.:rolleyes:

I hope you all enjoy your Monday as much as possible.:wave:

BBL! Hugs, :grouphug:

Strawberry Wine
02-25-2013, 09:32 AM
Good Day Washers !

Hovering above 0 C. this morning with some light snow falling now and then. As Char and Bill have mentioned a winter storm heading north from Texas is expected to arrive some time tomorrow. Depending on the temperature it will be rain or snow:rolleyes: our weather fore casters have all their bases covered with that prediction:) Hoping our temps stay high enough for rain otherwise the snow will be as heavy as cement.

I had a good time at Aiden's 1st birthday party yesterday. We got home around 5 p.m. and I promptly crashed for 2 hours. Dan and Nancy re heated leftover Chinese from Saturday. Watched the Oscar's until 10 p.m. crashed again until 5:00 this morning. I am well rested once again.

Liam and Devin were there as well and Liam gave me a very long (2 minute) gentle hug around my waist. We have not seen one another since Christmas week and he was getting very worried. The plans that were made for a visit at the hospital were cancelled because he developed the sniffles.

Char, you and Ted are retired, other than picking up a couple of essentials, why are you grocery shopping on the weekend?

Uschi, good luck today with the CT Scan. When is your follow up appointment.

Bill, loved your painting. You captured the light and shadows ! :thumbsup:

Annie, if you are at all worried, stay home. It is not worth the drive to anywhere if you don't feel safe.

Lulu, glad your thumb is on the mend.

Ellen, glad you are painting again.

Time to move around. BBL

Cheers,

Gail

Terranova
02-25-2013, 09:52 AM
Hello to all of you :)

I really feel with everybody awaiting this snow storm: how horrible! We have about 4 cm snow atm, but I am waiting for spring - and not more snow! hope, it will improve soon.

The only advantage is, that my husband (construction works) cannot work in this weather, which means, that I have the laptop during the day :D
And that means... I can work on the hibiscus (from the February challenge).
My last version is still bad... but I am not sure, if I want to make a new one until Thursday - somehow I want to try something else. (although I learnt a lot with this hibiscus. Atm I have 4 hibiscus paintings here :D and none is good)

Bill - what a wonderful painting!

Wish everybody a great rest of the day :)

P.S.: didn't have the opportunity to thank really everybody for the warm welcome here in yesterday's thread. Want to do that now: thank you :)

CJMonty
02-25-2013, 10:04 AM
Hi Everyone.

I am really enjoying being back at work, so far I have done 6 shifts over last 3 weeks (always Saturday and Sunday 1300 to 2130). On each and everyshift so far I have had Huge Welcome Backs from people, it seems so many have missed me. Also there are a lot who were aware that I was off sick, but were not aware that I have Bladder Cancer, they just assumed it was a relapse of my Autoimmune Disease. So I have had a lot of explaining to do, not to mention a lot of reasuring and hugs. So many can't believe I still am my Bright Bubbly Self.

The Nursary is excessively busy at the moment, I also believe it has been Full Capacity and Over for the past 5 months.

We have just enjoyed a lovely evening of Smoked, Marinated Scotch Steaks a Wood Fired Pizza with our friends who have a Farm about an hour or so South of Perth called Jarradale, we are 30 mins North of Perth, so generally when we visit each other we go down just after lunch and make a day of it, and have an earlyish meal so we can leave to go home without a Late night.

Well, it is 2300 and I am in bed, in the dark with my Mac Book Air on my knees and Monty sleeping soundly beside me.

There are several Retirement Lunches to attend to over next few weeks as some of the older girls retire from the Nursary, and this is going to be a trend over the next few years as a lot of us older ones decide it is time to retire, most of us have been in the Nursary for more than 25 years, for me(not retiring yet) I have been there 28 years and several are somewhere between 30 to35 years.I wonder how long the ones behind us will stay in Nursing, let alone the Nursary.

Well, I had better shut my computor down and put it down before Monty wakes and discovers I'm still awake and on my laptop.

Take Care.
Lots of Love Carolynn.:):):heart::heart::grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :wave::clap::thumbsup::heart::heart::heart: :grouphug: :grouphug:

JudyL
02-25-2013, 10:33 AM
Hi :wave:
Kids are off to school, a bit on the cool side but they will warm up on their bikes by the time they get there.

We had a lovely dinner last night at BJ's, Jack had a impressive rib eye steak, and I had salmon teriyaki, a bit sweet but very nice, he had something called a "pizookie" a giant cookie in the pan it was cooked in with your choice of ice cream on top, oh and a bit of whipped cream as well. I helped :rolleyes:

JJ, you may need to consult a lawyer.

BBL

Yorky
02-25-2013, 10:36 AM
Lovely to hear from you Carolynn, glad you have settled back into the work routine. Won't be too long before you will be retiring.

Hi Gaby, looks like we are stuck with this chilly weather for some time.

Hi Jana, sounds like you had a fun day out with your mother.

Dozing away here on and off, after an early start.

PS Hi Judy.

Doug

WthrLady
02-25-2013, 11:08 AM
Morning all :)

Shocker....it's raining! LOL.

House cleaning and trying to get a good photo of February's Hibiscus then work.

::waving to all::

CharM
02-25-2013, 12:18 PM
Hiya... having my lunch while visiting with you for a few minutes. The little Downey woodpeckers are making short work of the suet on our feeder station... and the little flock of purple finches are devouring the niger seed. We have sunshine, still, and it's actually quite warm on our back porch. It faces South and is protected from the wind. Tux was sleeping on one of the chairs out there and his black fur was positively hot!

I worked on my marbles painting while my Students studied their shadow shapes. I've given them a variety of shapes to render the form and cast the shadows. They drew them out easily, but painting them has proven to be more of a challenge. That's partly due to the need for soft edges in graduating the colour to describe form.

Anyway, it's been a good morning.

JJ, travelling last fall, we went through horrific storms because of the impending hurricane. Somehow, water got up inside the trailer between the layers of flooring and it has gone "soft". We reported it to the Insurance company. They sent out someone to assess the damage. Long story short, because there didn't appear to be any *damage*, the *leaking* was deemed to be our fault and responsibility. We have to fix the floor ourselves. :mad:

Hi Darla... At this time of year, it's hard to say whether we'll get rain, snow or something in between... best to do your grocery shopping tonight for sure!

Gaby, I think we can all attest to hiding away some pretty awful paintings... At least, I know that I can! :) You may be too hard on yourself, though, and the only way for us to know that is for you to post your work!

Carolynn, you truly are an inspiration to so many others! It's great that you've been able to stride right back into your routine!

Gail... I know that. I work three days a week. And then, I *give* myself a day to just take things easy. So, we're already at Friday which is nearly as bad as shopping on Saturday or Sunday... The only saving grace is that I'm just not in a big hurry anymore! :lol: ((Liam)) Bless his sweet little heart...

Wow, Judy... what an impressive meal!!!!!

:wave: Doug and Caryl...

Ted's having a big bowl of my homemade chicken soup for his lunch. I need to set up for this afternoon's Class...

Flattwo
02-25-2013, 01:23 PM
Hi to All

I see that Daniel Day-Lewis won three Oscars for his role as President Lincoln, he had an unfair advantage though, he has wooden teeth :D

Cold here, heavy frost due tonight

Optician phoned me, I am due an eye test on Wenesday....now where did I put that white stick!

My wife was at the docs today, I went with her, she has lost a dramatic amount of weight recently, but glad to say she had put on 1.5 kilos since last time, and her bloods were good. She goes to the hosptial on Friday for a bone scan

A guy got really drunk and woke up with this strange woman lying beside him snoring and passing wind, he then knew that he had got home safely :lol:

Henry

Europa
02-25-2013, 01:42 PM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!

Still cold here in downtown Wigan and set to continue by all accounts.

Had the chance to nip out this afternoon - it is my sister in laws (the nice one) birthday tomorrow so armed with Mum's debit card :evil: I went out and bought her pressies - whilst out I bought my present off Mum and my birthday card off Mum.

When I gave her the card she said - oh I have already got one.....I said ....what for me.....she said oh no .....I forgot it was your birthday as well....:eek: :eek: Fortunately I got her a card that says what a wonderful daughter I am.....lol.....so I may forgive her when she gives it to me. ;)

We have finally had the signage put on the minibus ........

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Feb-2013/29499-minibus.JPG http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Feb-2013/29499-minibus2.JPG

Char - I know Ted will appreciate it - we know how he loves good signage...:evil: ;) :lol:

Doug - glad you will get to see more of Peter. :thumbsup:

JJ - hope you have a good relationship with your neighbour and you can resolve the problem amicably. ((()))

Gail - glad you are getting gentle hugs....

Waving to everyone else - have to go and search for car insurance as mine is due for renewal next month and it has surprisingly gone up.

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

New Gamboge
02-26-2013, 06:00 PM
Hi everyone - after being locked out of WC for a day and a half, thanks to Char I found out it really wasn't me! I have finished framing my 4 pictures, doing cards and labels and cursing the programme because sometimes it would let me make changes and a minute later, it wouldn't. After wasting a lot of time, I finally have everything ready for set-up on Friday. Betty

CharM
02-26-2013, 09:00 PM
Betty, I just sent you an email message telling you that we're back up and running... you beat me to it! :)

Pat, you know that Ted loves you and he can't wait to discuss signage with you in person!

:crossfingers: for your Wife's bone scan, Henry... and it's good that she did gain some amount of weight... so much to worry about for both of you!