PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Sunday 24th February 2013**

shipbroker
02-23-2013, 11:11 PM
Morning all.

Sorry I am late!! Just had 4 hours in one go

snowing outside but not enough for a camera JJ.

Nothing planned till we see what weather is like

geoff

Ellen in Ont
02-23-2013, 11:25 PM
:wave: everyone,
Just heading to bed. We are working our way through the whole series of Harry Potter movies, one each evening. Amazing to see those actors grow up in front of us.

Good morning Geoff and all who follow. See you in a few hours.

Terranova
02-24-2013, 02:24 AM
Good Morning everybody :)
After hoping that spring would come - we also have snow again today :(

@shipbroker: whenever I read your nick with the text under it (James Herriott territory), I think of my time in Yorkshire. When I was 15 or 16 (more than 30 yrs ago :D ) I had the opportunity to attend a special exchange programme and stayed several months in Scarborough. From there we also made a few trips: among others to the Lake District and the "James Herriott territory" - if i remember correctly, we were able to visit his house...

There are several members from Yorkshire here at WC and I love to see the landscape paintings from there.

Wishing everybody a great Sunday!

Yorky
02-24-2013, 03:26 AM
Sorry I am late!! Just had 4 hours in one go
Sorry you are still not sleeping Geoff. Hope you managed to get some more.

Hi Terranova, yes, you would have visited "James Herriot's" house in Thirsk near where Geoff lives. Well worth a visit if you are in the area. Scarborough was one of my favourite places to visit when I lived in Yorkshire.

Hovering around 0C here but still dry and a few traces of blue in the cloud cover.

We're planning a trip to Southport this morning to get thermal vests for our GS Alexander from M&S. Apparently they can't be bought in Detroit.

Doug

Terranova
02-24-2013, 03:41 AM
Hi Terranova, yes, you would have visited "James Herriot's" house in Thirsk near where Geoff lives. Well worth a visit if you are in the area. Scarborough was one of my favourite places to visit when I lived in Yorkshire.

Hovering around 0C here but still dry and a few traces of blue in the cloud cover.

We're planning a trip to Southport this morning to get thermal vests for our GS Alexander from M&S. Apparently they can't be bought in Detroit.

Doug
Good morning Doug,
thanks for the info! The whole region is so beautiful and I remember that village, but did not remember it's name... unfortunately all my photos from that time had been damaged when we had a huge water damage in our former house :(

Hm, I tried to google GS Alexander... but here in Germany, GS is the abbreviation for primary school. Hence, I found hundreds of schools here - but don*t suppose that you are speaking about that :D
But thermal vests sounds like... northpole, maybe?

edit: Scarborough is wonderful - I hope, that I'll have the opportunity to visit Yorkshire again...

(until then: I participate at Postcrossing - an international exchange of postcards - a wonderful project! you can add favourites there and mine are among others English postcards, especially from Yorkshire. A few weeks ago somebody sent me aprox. 10 Yorkshire-postcards with regional recipes on it)

shipbroker
02-24-2013, 03:46 AM
Morning Doug & Co.........

Yes...managed another 3 hours out of pure exhaustion Doug........a long night for me!

Weather still a slight covering and grey grey grey........had planned on some gardening today but feel it unlikely now. However, final accounts received yesterday for my Mothers funeral so can now do my Executor work and pay all the bills, so letter writing is a more comfortable occupation in poor weather...

Terranova (do you have another name I can't see one in your profile),yes as Doug says the Vets Surgery Museum in but 10 minutes fom me here and I usuallly park the car outside when we go shopping.

What part of Germany are you located? Many of us know the country quite well....I first visited in 1954 on my bicycle (!) on a tour of the DJH hostels in the Rhineland/Moselle.

geoff

Terranova
02-24-2013, 03:49 AM
Hi Geoff and thanks for your reply!

I live near Münster - in a tourist region called Tecklenburger Land. http://www.tecklenburger-land-tourismus.de/
so more in the midth-western part of Germany.
My sister lives at the River Rhine - a marvelous region there!
wow, by bicycle through Rhineland and Moselle-region: heavy sports ;)

Greetings,
Gaby
(who will change her profile immediately - soon after starting here with WC the site was down for several days, so I totally forgot that)

Yorky
02-24-2013, 03:59 AM
I just thought Terranova, you may have visited the house in Askrigg (https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Askrigg,+United+Kingdom&hl=en&ll=54.314877,-2.081032&spn=0.000807,0.002191&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=35.90509,71.806641&oq=Askrigg&hnear=Askrigg,+North+Yorkshire,+United+Kingdom&t=m&z=19&layer=c&cbll=54.314804,-2.081171&panoid=m3XN7V9zCrjlUxl1XZ7hqg&cbp=12,50.67,,0,15.37) which was used in the Vet films. The house in Thirsk, now a museum (http://www.worldofjamesherriot.com/james_herriot.html) was the actual house used as a surgery by Alfred Wright the real basis of the stories.

Doug

Terranova
02-24-2013, 04:13 AM
Thanks so much for the links!

I think we were in Thirsk: The series was one of my favourites even before I went to the UK and I am quite sure that we could not visit the house from the inside, "just" the village and we stood in front of it. I think, there was a sign at this house, saying that the real James Harriott lived there (but am not sure to 100%).
That was the first time I learnt that there is a real James Harriott and not only a story for TV.

Lulu
02-24-2013, 04:49 AM
Hi everyone:wave: another fabulous day in Paradise.......30C here today, still have bil and sil staying, they go tomorrow. Have loved every bit of the weekend, just wonderful.
Thanks for all the comments on our pic:)

Gaby, we have visited James Herriot's house too, in fact Doug took a photo of my husband with his hand up the cow's butt!!! lol
And we also had a day cruise on the Rhine:)

Bed .........:wave:

shipbroker
02-24-2013, 04:55 AM
Gaby, Alf Wight ( James Herriot) still has family locally, a son who is also a retired Vet, and daughter Rosie Swales who lives in Thirsk.....

The House in Askrigg has been re-done recently, as a Bed & Breakfast Hotel, but has a visitor lounge as 'Skelgate House' opened last week, so the papers say.... The Thirsk house, the original surgery, does have a blue plaque outside saying that that is where he lived and practised.

Snow stopped and sun may be coming through now.....we live in hope.

geoff

Scene Chaser
02-24-2013, 05:04 AM
Good Morning All,

Gaby, is this the sign?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Feb-2013/83119-Harriot_sign.jpg

This is attached to the front of his building, now a museum. The building was the surgery, but it was also used as his home. After he married and had two children, a son who is a vet in the area and a daughter who became a medical doctor, they moved into a home in a village nearby. That home's location was never disclosed. In the books, at least.
Bill

Yorky
02-24-2013, 05:08 AM
Just to complete the story, here's John at the Herriot Museum :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Feb-2013/1046-JohnVet2.jpg

Doug

doppler
02-24-2013, 05:09 AM
Good evening Geoff and Doug and Lulu and HI Gaby.

Tired day today. Dangerously slept in again until 7am. Tomorrow will be a wrench at the waking hour of 5. Scudding showers and cloud today. Laundry is done and dried courtesy of the clothes drier which makes my studio uninhabitable. Hot and hotter and humider, if that is a word. That is my excuse. :cool: Bo rather liked it though as I collected him from the last cycle. Sleeping in front of not in BTW.Loki spent the day sleeping inside, chasing scrub turkeys, sleeping and sleeping. I think it was one of those days all around. Roger was computer playing and blue.

:wave:

Edit: Doug and indeed Lulu and INDEED John :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

shipbroker
02-24-2013, 05:11 AM
....The village they moved to is Felixkirk up on the side of the Hambleton Hills near Sutton under Whitestonecliffe....the longest English placename.

geoff

Lulu
02-24-2013, 05:16 AM
Doug :lol:

Geoff, have a look at the longest place name in New Zealand here (here) Trying to say it should put you to sleep :D

Terranova
02-24-2013, 05:25 AM
hi Lulu,
I'm really sorry, but I had a good laugh at your husband's photo :D
I think, there are not lots of people who can say they were stuck in a cow :D

Thanks for the photo Doug!

Geoff, ah, that would be a great goal for vacation: the B&B in Askrigg. Thanks for all the info!

good morning, Bill: I don't think that this was the sign, because I was there 1980. If I remember correcly, it was a metal plate/ sign at the house. But I'm not sure... thanks, however, for showing the blue plate and posting the infos :)

Hello Annie :)

Terranova
02-24-2013, 05:28 AM
Doug :lol:

Geoff, have a look at the longest place name in New Zealand [/URL][URL="http://www.newzealand.com/int/feature/the-longest-place-name-in-new-zealand/"]here (http://here) Trying to say it should put you to sleep :D

The translation is cool...

reminds me of a postcard I recenly saw (I hope you can see it, I don't know whether you have to be logged in...)

http://www.postcrossing.com/postcards/GB-289798

Island Nipper
02-24-2013, 06:23 AM
Hi everyone, 1.5 deg here 9 knots NNW BIT OF SURF STILL.

I enjoyed the visit of Esme and Caspar, Ochre, Atticus Huxley-Gillespie yesterday, the baby is very big. Thank you to everyone for your good wishes.

I have to stay in bed today as am quite tired will try to catch up and hpefully paint tomorrow.

painterbear
02-24-2013, 06:56 AM
Good Morning all,
It is quarter to seven in the a.m. here in still dark Oakwood. No ice on the roads today so we will go shopping later this morning to pick up fresh fruit and veggies. We are avoiding the meat counters because our freezer is bursting at the seams and we want to get some of that eaten before we restock it. :rolleyes:

We had lamb kebobs last night made with some of the cubes of lamb from the big roast we bought for $2.99/lb last month. It tasted sooooo good. :D Waiting for it to go on sale like that again when it gets closer to Easter. ;)

Nipper, We have a GS named Atticus too. Kind of a neat name and not likely to have two or three others in class with him when he goes off to school. Glad you had a nice visit with your family. Enjoy your rest today. You can spend the time planning your painting for when your energy level is higher. ;)

Lulu, :lol: at that photo of John and the cow.

Hi Gaby, Nice to meet you. :D

Interesting discussion about areas in England. Sorry to say we didn't get to spend a lot of time exploring your lovely country. Toured London for several days, hit the major tourist spots of course. Knew about Scarborough from the song :music: "Are you going to Scarborough Fair? Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme...." :music

Annie, Our laundry set up is in the basement which is very large and roomy, so it doesn't turn into a sauna like yours does. Glad to say that. We used to get up at 5:00 a.m. when my DH was stationed at the Pentagon in Washington, D.C. We lived a good distance away in the southern suburbs and he had to do that to get to work on time. My body still wakes up naturally at that time each day (even earlier some days). ;)

:wave: to sleepy Geoff, Papa Doug entertaining his two sons, Ellen dreaming of witches and warlocks, Lulu and her tongue twisters, Bill and his contented kitty pal, and all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

dlwilliams48
02-24-2013, 08:20 AM
Good morning all - I've been keeping a low profile due to work and having DD and DGD visiting. Takes up a lot of time. I do try to read the posts when I can though.

DW and I spent some time in London years ago when I had to go over for military duty. Did a little sight-seeing while we were there but would love to go back for a couple of weeks and see more. We really liked both the city and the countryside. Never did make it to Germany but I have spent a lot of time in Italy, especially around Naples. Another place I would love to go back to.

Haven't done much painting lately although I am working on one now. The WC landscaping class I have been trying to get was once again cancelled because not enough signed up for it. If I keep practicing on my own I suppose I eventually won't need it. :) There is an online site called arttutor.com that I am thinking of signing up for. Bob Davies, and English artist, started it. I have a WC DVD course from him, and might give the online lessons a shot. There are several artists that have lessons on there, and not just WC but other mediums as well.

After recently paying a local art store big bucks to double mat a couple of paintings, I bit the bullet and bought a mat cutter. I did my first attempt yesterday at matting a painting and it didn't turn out half bad, I think. It should pay for itself pretty quickly.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Feb-2013/986611-FramedMat1.jpg

I hear stirring in the kitchen, so time to find some breakfast.

Strawberry Wine
02-24-2013, 09:06 AM
Good Day Washers!

Mild this morning at 0 C and the sun is peeking out.

Just got an e-mail alert that Gilly has crossed the 15 K mark in the Disney Princess 1/2 marathon. Only 6 K to go :thumbsup:

Welcome to the Wash Gaby !!!!

Nipper, glad to hear that you know when to rest your body. You probably learned to do so the hard way. :)

Don, a matte cutter will save you many $$$$$ Dan cuts my mattes for small paintings and my framer gets paid for the larger ones. Most reputable framers will give the artist a huge discount for framing their own work. I can have a 1/4 sheet double matted with a v groove and choice of wood frame, backing and ready for hanging for about $60. Ove the past couple of years I have had most done with double white matte with V groove.

We are heading out to my sister Kathy's at noon today to celebrate her Grandson Aiden's 1st birthday. I am going to listen to my own advice and head back upstairs shortly for a rest and perhaps a nap before venturing out.

So :wave: to all I will try and remember to take photos.

Cheers,

Gail

CharM
02-24-2013, 09:43 AM
A quick Hidy Ho from me this morning! It's laundry and grocery day. Ted's gone to the mill to buy bird seed and when he gets back, I simply cannot be here on the computer visiting! :lol:

I really enjoyed reading our chatty Wash today!

:wave: Doug, Geoff, Lulu (:lol: John), Bill and Gaby!

Annie, when we brought the washer and drier up from the basement, we did buy new front loading machines. It takes only 30 minutes for a big load to dry and the humidity and heat gets sent outside.

Ellen, I really enjoyed the earlier movies best... the most recent ones got a little too dark and I didn't want my Granddaughters to see them... they did. And they were ok. I'm too overprotective.

Good times with the Grands, Nipper!

Sylvia, we find that we have to do the same thing with our freezer... my weakness is frozen fruit and vegetables! :lol:

Don, my husband Ted cuts my mattes and does my framing... It's usually 1/4 - 1/3 the cost of taking the work to a framer! Your sketch looks so good all dressed up!

((Gail)) You're so smart... GO Gilly! Happy Birthday to baby Aiden!

Oh sheesh... Ted's truck is pulling into the drive... I'm off to buy food! :) Have a great day everyone!

Uschi
02-24-2013, 09:45 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!

We are still in the minus territory but supposed to go above freezing later on. It's light outside but no sign of sun.

Yesterday's dinner at DIL's parents place was absolutely delicious. Audrey definitely has an art with roast beef, melted in your mouth. Was a really nice evening with the whole family.

I might go swimming with Ava today, haven't heard back from them, I am in second place, we go swimming if her friend isn't available to play:lol: In the evening the whole family, once again, are going to the theater for a show called "When Mermaids Sing". The players are all children, there will be singers, dancers and performers. Ethan is dancing, that is why we are going:thumbsup: :)

I did a small, very fast and loose (barely any drawing) poppy painting yesterday afternoon and I actually like it.

Reggie, great news that you have SIGNED ON THE DOTTED LINE:clap: :clap:

Don, I find that a matcutter is a must if you paint and you did a great job. The secret is to change the blade often, I figure after four 16 x 20" mats.

Gaby, WELCOME!!!

Nipper Geoff, I am so glad the family made it there!!!

Annie, is your dryer not vented outside???

Gail :clap: :clap: :clap: for Gillie!!!! Quite the achievement, I can remember when she was bursting with pride because she finished the 5k one:)

Lynn, you had me wondering about your vodka purchase:evil:

Time to get dressed. :wave: to all here and all yet to come!!! :grouphug: to those of you who are not well!!

Uschi

happhoto
02-24-2013, 10:48 AM
Good morning Washerpals!!:wave:

Went to bed at 11pm woke at 0500 slept straight through! When I was 20 an “all nighter” was staying UP all night…now that I am in my 60’s it means exactly the opposite!! Anne finally moved from her recliner back to the bed and she’s able to rest comfortably there again. It means that this sinus lurgy may have finally departed and her energy levels may start to return to a better state again too. Did Not make it down to the studio yesterday and while it was supposed to be rainy and stormy all day, it actually was pretty nice most of the day. Have not seen a forecast for today yet, but looking out the front window it seems quite nice (so far!). Will make a big pot of chili today, extra mild for Annie, and ground habenero’s on the side for me. Other than that there are no real plans for the day…we’ll see what comes!

Reggie, congrats on the job and good luck too! I try to be a good husband because I have such a good wife. After almost 40 years, we’re still best buddies and I’d rather spend time with her than anyone else on the planet….well…most days at least!!:angel:

Bill, 250 feet of ice and snow to get the mail! I can reach my mailbox without going out of the house…just open the front door and there it is!

Lynn, see if your liquor store has Everclear, which is pretty much pure grain alcohol. Other wise look for the highest proofed alcohol you can find. Bacardi 151 comes to mind! Oh…and I prefer scotch as a drink as well. :D

Geoff, have you had a “sleep study” done? When I had one done they gave me a Cpap machine and boy did it make a HUGE difference in my sleeping patterns!!

Ellen, We should do that as well…I know we have all the DVD’s Current plans are to go through the entire Fraggle Rock Series, we have not watched that in a while either!

Terranova! :wave: Welcome to the daily wash! Grab a seat and a cup of your favorite beverage and join right in! Where in Germany do you live?

Doug I wonder if your thermal vests are different than ours? Good luck finding one for your grandson!

Geoff, glad that you at least got some more rest! Enjoy a relaxing day if you can!

Gaby, very pretty name! I visited Germany in my early teens back in the early 1960’s…seems so long ago…wait…it WAS so long agon!! Will have to look at a map to see where you live. There are so many friends here who live ALL over the place!! It is fun to see how spread out we all are!! My wife is a James Herriot fan as well, and if we EVER get to visit England, that will be on the MUST SEE list for sure!!

LuLu! Glad you were able to make such an enjoyable celebration for John et al! I’m sure there were lots of hugs to go around!

Doug…that’s not just John’s hand:eek: that’s his whole bloomin’ ARM!! Glad that he wears his watch on the other wrist!!

Annie, it’s 0730 here and MY Annie is still sleeping in! If she’s still asleep at 0900 I’ll wake her…with a kiss..and breakfast!

LuLu, now if you were on a flight from there…to the village in Wales with the longest name you’d NEVER be able to get the ticket printed!!! But they are both shorter than one other place…. http://www.facstaff.bucknell.edu/rbeard/name.html

Nipper Geoff…with a name like that I suspect you’ll be calling him “Little Nipper”!! Glad that you had a good visit yesterday, even if you have to rest up from it today!

Sylvia, I’d love lamb kabobs but my Annie does not care for lamb at all, so I only get it when we go “out” and it’s on the menu…usually a Greek Restaurant. Happily we have one nearby and they have many dishes that Anne DOES like!!

Don, nice painting and good job on the matting and framing! Yes, it’s MUCH cheaper to do it yourself…but the glass cutting is the worst part as far as I’m concerned! Perhaps you could contact the instructor of the cancelled class and see about “private” lessons somewhere else?

Gail…so Gilly is running AND sending emails?? Wow! I’m impressed! Go Gilly Go!! And Good on you Gail for listening to your body! It will make the day a lot more fun I hope!!

Have fun dashing around today Char!! I have to do some grocery shopping today as well.

Uschi…even fast and loose I imagine your flower paintings are still amazing! Mmm roast beef…now my Annie DOES like that!! I hope you do get to go swimming, I miss swimming a lot.

I hear my sweetie stirring about in the back of the house…so I’d better get that breakfast started, steel cut oats with blueberries today!

Back later I hope!
hap

shipbroker
02-24-2013, 10:52 AM
Don...well done with the mounting (oK matting as you call it) I did try it at a friends framing business many years ago and even with the top equipment was useless...so I leave it to the professionals, especially as whereas I would paint 5 paintings in a day once I dont't do that a month now.........

Henry.....watched the Rugby, believe it was probably a better game than the English one yesterday which I missed... Scotland rode their luck for a long time but it was the right result at whistle....

Done little today, again, though did manage to sort a complicated electronic problem out with the flush mechanism on the caravan toilet!

geoff

Terranova
02-24-2013, 11:26 AM
Thanks Sylvia for the warm welcome :)
I love Simon&Garfunkel! Once a year, there is a music day here on one of the TV-channels and they are showing several concerts - mostly by bands not necessarily "teeny-bands" ;) e.g. Pink Floyd, Supertramp and often the open-air concert fom Simon&Garfunkel in NY.

And a thank you to Gail for your welcome wishes :) Hope you had a nice afternoon with your family!

hello and thanks also to Char :) Read so many tips, tutorials etc from you during the last weeks - thanks for that :)

Another thank you to Uschi :wave: I really appreciate the friendly atmosphere here on WC.

Hi hap,
thanks a lot for your words :)
I live in a small town in a tourist region called "Tecklenburger Land" if you scroll a bit on that page http://www.tecklenburger-land-tourismus.de/ you can see a few photos.
It is aprox. 40 km from Münster - 15 from Osnabrück (these are the "major" cities here :D ) and near the Dutch border...
hence, the midth-western part of Germany. To Hamburg, it takes us about 2 hrs and 1.5 hrs to Cologne (by car)

You can find a map here http://www.tecklenburger-land-tourismus.de/service/karte.html

Hm, a pot of chilli, sounds great :D
We'll have chops today... in about 1 hour, because here it is 05:30 pm.

CU all, thanks again for the welcome here :)
Gaby

Europa
02-24-2013, 11:39 AM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!

Firstly must say hi and wekcome to Gaby.....haven't been to Germany since I was 18 and did a tour of europe .....will have to do that tour again some day methinks....lol

Nothing much to report from downtown Wigan - blue skies and clouds but it's cold but no snow.

Gail - well done to Gilly on her run.

My DN Moira is home after her weight loss surgery and doing ok so far - her husband goes in for his next week so fingers crossed all goes well for him too.

Well better go and see if SWMBO is ready for her afternoon cuppa....waving to everyone.

LUGGLES

Pat xxxx

LynnM
02-24-2013, 12:56 PM
:wave: Good day all! Grey here but bright. Forgot a couple of things on my walk yesterday, so will have a goal for my walk again today. The trail is still too icy, lumpy frozen footsteps, so I go on the road, which is a cul-de-sac so pretty safe.

I am one third finished my new painting, at the stage when I can't wait to get back to it.

Welcome, Gaby, nice to hear about yet another country, we are a United Nations here!

Your matted picture looks good, Don, very wise investment! I do mine too, not so many these days.

Glad you had a good visit, Nipper, it lifts the spirits, even though the children can be exhausting.

Congrats to Gillian, Gail, that is great!

Hap, good that Anne is on the road to recovery from her sinus problem, they can be so persistent. To my knowledge, no 100% alcohol is allowed for sale here, but I'll ask about Everclear.

You'll have fun watching Ethan, Uschi, I love seeing the grandkids in their activities. One GS sings in a choir, and is loving it, but I haven't had a chance to see them, hoping to do so this spring.

Greetings to all I haven't mentioned, and all to come.....have a rewarding day!
:grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

Yorky
02-24-2013, 01:35 PM
Hi folks, been to Southport and bought a slew of s/h games for Alexander's 3DS.

Unfortunately even with Peter's help I couldn't get L.A Noire to run on my laptop :crying: Pity as it is a great detective game.
Doug…that’s not just John’s hand that’s his whole bloomin’ ARM!! Glad that he wears his watch on the other wrist!!
It's not a real cow Hap, although I am sure John would be up to it :lol: :wink2:

Hi Gaby, I have been to most parts of Germany Hanover, Bremen, Paderborn, Dortmund etc but not Tecklenburg.

Nice job on the matting Don. I do my own but buy pre-made frames complete with glass and backboard. They are available very cheaply here - less than $15 for a 20x16.

Doug

Flattwo
02-24-2013, 03:37 PM
Hi to A

Lulu, what a name! the shortest place name in the UK is a village in Scotland called Ae

Geoff, amazing what a new coach can do!

Henry

olliewood0702
02-24-2013, 04:23 PM
We are home now. Kind of hard saying goodbye to Josh. We had a fun time at the game last night and we won 4-0!:smug: Then we went to eat at a nice pizza placenearby. The make Chicago style pizza pie...delicious. We had lunch this morning with Josh and then left for home. Josh leaves for home early tomorrow morning. He paid for everything except our hotel; so it was a pretty cheap evening/night. Justin wasn't there.

Now we're wiped out...watching some TV; reading the Sunday paper. We really need to get some groceries but we think we will wait until tomorrow night.

Hap it takes about 1 1/2 hours to get to Detroit from here.Not a bad ride at all.

I hope your Sunday is going well for you. :wave: :heart:

Ellen in Ont
02-24-2013, 04:38 PM
Hi again,
I got caught up in a book this morning so that was a morning wasted. :rolleyes: :D I just did some work on my painting and now I am going to do a little workout before supper. I have to work day shift the next two days so I won't have time for myself again for a little while.

My son and DIL took Max sledding for the first time today and he loved it. :D

Welcome Gaby - glad you joined in the chat.

Gail - congratulations to Gilly! I would never be able to walk that far let alone run.:rolleyes:

I'm procrastinating. I really don't like exercise so I'm off to get it over with.

Uschi
02-24-2013, 05:00 PM
Well, Ava's friend must have been available because I never heard anything from her:lol: I didn't wast the time, for a change, decided to paint another small poppy painting, only took we an hour, just like the last one.

Then I browsed through the many of my photos on my computer to see what else I could do and used up the rest of my afternoon that way but I am set for future paintings. It's the decision making that is the hardest part.

So now I was going to do a bit of computer browsing, started off with Ona's Blog and my oh my, there is no one who can do hair in watercolour like Ona. Look HERE (http://www.emotiveexpressions.blogspot.ca/) Don't forget to click on the picture to enlarge it.

Ona, absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every day, in every way, your paintings are getting more and more fabulous!!!

Darla, glad you had such a good time!!!

Hap, so glad that Anne is feeling better!!!!

Pat, I hope your niece and her husband do as well as you did with the operation!!

Ellen, TSK, TSK, when once in a blue moon you actually sit and read you call it wasted time, in your case I would call it energy gathering time:)

:wave: Uschi

ona
02-24-2013, 08:48 PM
Thank you Uschi :heart:

Yorky
02-25-2013, 01:52 AM
Yes incredible hair Ona :clap:

Doug

CharM
02-25-2013, 07:49 AM
I'm absolutely sure it's another WINNER, Ona! :clap: